Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars

Did anybody else love this, ah man I miss it, what are your:
    Favourite Season/Episodes/Characters etc....
    My DVD Collection:
    http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...dVM&list=owned

Oh, you don't even know

When it was on, we had a forum for Veronica Mars! A lot of the members adore it, me being one of them.

Unlike most, I enjoyed Season 3 a lot, just not as much as the other seasons. My favorite season was Season 2 because it just ruled

In Season 1, my favorite episode is an obvious one: "Leave It To Beaver". In Season 2 is my favorite episode of VM, which is "Not Pictured". Just perfect. And in Season 3, my favorite is "Spit and Eggs".

I love LoVe (pun intended).

Comment

I actually like s1 the best. The driving mystery of Lilly's murder was really potent and immediate. And the whole Abel Kuntz and Duncan/Veronica are they siblings thing as well as the who raped V....so much good in there! And I really love the way Logan and V ended up together at the end there. A very nice chemistry revealed itself.

I'm waiting for s3 dvds to go on sale. Then I want to rewatch
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Season 1 was my favourite season by far. I love seasonal mysteries but with interesting week by week cases. Plus I just fell in love so quickly with Veronica's world. I love her humor immensely and the way everyone interacts in this rich/normal life. They really led us on with all the clues and it really kept it interesting and fresh.

Season 2 did have some great episodes but I really felt season 3 wasn't that good apart from some standout episodes, however I'll rewatch when I get the DVDs, I often find when you rewatch faster than week by week the story can flow better.. but I just hated Piz so much /sigh

I do miss this show, the season 4 pilot looked really interesting.

Comment

I love both season one and two. I haven't seen all of season three yet but it doesn't seem as good as the two first seasons... However, I just have to get this out of my system: "I Love Logan!" There...

Seriously, the first season rocked. As some pointed out, the Lilly story + the weekly mystery just worked relly good. And of course, Logan. He is probably one of my favourite TV-Show chracters ever! Jason Dohring plays him so brilliantly, you laugh, cry, you do just about anything ^^ I season two one of my favourite scenes is in Plan B (no not the dance part...) where he's sitting next to the annoying girl (who's name I can't remember) and he's just aboutto say "what he reallythinks about her" when Veronica drags him away. It's just so funny!
          Girl:
          Do you know what I thnk? I think you use sarcasm and anger as a way to keep people from geting close to you.
          Logan:
          You know I do, but it doesn't always work.

Finally, Nikki said:
          I often find when you rewatch faster than week by week the story can flow better.
          I agree. I've found that almost no series is bad when you marathon watch it. I think that's the reason why I love so many series, because I almos never "follow" them. I buy DVDs and watch hours after hours...

Comment

It's my watch of the moment- I watched seasons 1 and 2 as they came, and liked those, my boyfriend lost interest in season three so we stopped downloading it, but I now have the box sets (thank you amazon sales!) and am powering through season one. It's good watching it all together because the story is pretty much in all episodes.

Comment

Glad to see other fans of the show, I love all 3 seasons, but the first will always be my fave. I couldn't tell you what my fave epi is, but I love, Meet John Smith, Mars vs Mars (that was the first episode I ever saw), I Am God, Spit & Eggs and The last ever episode. My personal favourite character is Mac, god I love her so much, was kinda annoyed when was a regular in S3 but only appeared in 10 out the 20 episodes.
              My DVD Collection:
              http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...dVM&list=owned

Comment

Wow, choosing just one favorite episode would be so very hard! However, I know "Ruskie Business" is pretty high up there. It's just a very overall solid ep. I love V's voiceovers in it and her at the hotel with Logan. And the Leo parts are also good. I think a lot of my fave eps in the first season fall in the middle of it. And then the Pilot of course is sheer awesomeness.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I loved both season 1 and 2, I haven't seen Season 3 yet, I'm gonna just get the boxset. I love Weapons of Class Distruction (because of the kiss lol) Leave it to Beaver, and Aint no Magic Mountain High Enough.
                  My fave character is Logan but Veronica is close too. Love the LoVe ship aswell.
                  sigpic

Comment

I missed so much of this show! Me thinks I need another box set for the collection.

What I saw of it was very good, but I kept getting distracted by classes so I never got to watch it.
                    "And remember, we keep our supraesophageal ganglion to ourselves. That means you Jimmy!"

Mr Ray, 'Finding Nemo'

Comment

This is the single best non-Joss show. Hell, screw that, it's BETTER than "Firefly." BtVS and AtS tie for my top spot, but Veronica Mars is a *close* second.

Comment

The first episode I ever saw was the Season 2 Premiere (the name escapes me at the moment). My sister got the boxset but had never seen the show before. We watched the first episode together, loved it, and continued. We watched the whole show together, even if it meant catching up on Season 3 by computer or watching on the TV. I actually first watched it a year ago. We watched all of Season 2 in winter hiatus. Then, we saw the second half of Season 3 while catching up on the first half by computer. Then, I bought Season 1 and we watched that.

That's my story.

Comment

I bought the Season 1 box set from word of mouth. Especially Joss's mouth. His loving the show really sold me. I watched the first few episodes, thinking it was okay, but then--my the middle of the season--I was enthralled. I watched the first two seasons on DVD early this year and planned to watch the 3rd on DVD, as the TV run was already almost done. But then I heard it was in danger of being cancelled so, to do my part, I watched the airing of the last five episodes of Season Three. Well, still got cancelled. So I bought the box set for Season Three and finished watching it last week. So sad this show is gone.

Comment

I started watching at the end of season one. And I saw a few online and on repeats on tv. I bought the first season and I followed the show after that.

It never returned to the awesomeness of season one. Still a great, solid show. But the first season was the best. And it's rare that a first season is my fave. Very rare.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                              But the first season was the best. And it's rare that a first season is my fave. Very rare.
                              I can't remeber how I started watching the show... I do agree with Jenni Lou. It's rare that season one of a show is best, but in VM it's true. And sad.

As for my favourite episode... I love Plan B (season 2). And An Echolls Family Christmas is great too, I love that kind of detective work Oh and the last three or four episodes of season one stands highly in my regard I'm a total LoVe fan, so I guess that explains that...

Furthermore, since I've been re-watching the show this past two-three weeks, I've realised how much I love Keith. He's just so funny, cool and just about the best dad a girl could ever wish for. I love him.

Comment

Yes! Keith is amazing and what he did for Veronica in "The Bitch Is Back" is so heartbreaking. He'd do anything for that girl.

I, actually, think Season 2 is the best. I love the seasonal mystery SO. DAMN. MUCH. And, all the standalones are great. You also get introduced to the rape and Hearst College case for Season 3. Plus, "Not Pictured" is one of my favorite episodes ever to be shown on television.

I do concur about Season 1's ending, though. "A Trip To The Dentist" and "Leave It To Beaver" are definitely in my top 20, and "M.A.D"/"Weapons of Class Destruction" are great, also.

Comment

A different slant- does anyone have any particular moments they don't like, any episodes they don't like?

One thing I hate is that Eli doesn't get to graduate. That breaks my heart.

However, the episode I hate is the one where Thumper gets killed. In a show that is pretty dark in terms of people being horrible to one another, most of the most violent moments are shown to be in the heat of the moment. This was so calculated and violent and horrible. I couldn't watch the next ep for a few minutes until I calmed down a bit.

In updates, I finished season two yesterday, and will start season three today or tomorrow... Woohoo.

Comment

Hmm... moments. They're both harder and easier to like and remember. I find that even though I like the comedic moments better, the grand and dramatic are the ones that stick - no idea why. Perhaps because everybody keeps talking about them

Among my favourite "moments" (although I don't know if this qualifies) is when Veronica is waiting for Logan in the parking lot (Never Mind the Buttocks) and Logan says: "As a rule I like to start every school day with a hot blond waiting for me in the parking lot." Veronica: "Me too!" L: "I'm not blonde." V: "Or hot." I just think it's funny

Oh, and in season one when Logan says that anybody who's not OK with Veronica is "pretty much dead to me". I think that's just so sweet and brave - and (as far as I can remember) he pretty much did it without hesitation. Can you tell I'm a LoVe shipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                                      A different slant- does anyone have any particular moments they don't like, any episodes they don't like?

One thing I hate is that Eli doesn't get to graduate. That breaks my heart.

However, the episode I hate is the one where Thumper gets killed. In a show that is pretty dark in terms of people being horrible to one another, most of the most violent moments are shown to be in the heat of the moment. This was so calculated and violent and horrible. I couldn't watch the next ep for a few minutes until I calmed down a bit.

In updates, I finished season two yesterday, and will start season three today or tomorrow... Woohoo.
                                      I only have two episodes in VM that I dislike: "Witchita Linebacker" and "There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill". Both episodes are in Season 3. WL is just so stupid, boring, and stupid. The MotW is not good at all and it was predictable. Also, there's some stupid drama in it when it comes to V's love life (I won't spoil ya for s3)..

TGTBAMAP is another episode that deals with an idiotic V love life. It's stupid and the MotW is okay, but the drama they try to deliver falls SO flat.

Weevil not graduating is horrible, especially because he's arrested in front of his family for something he didn't do

Which episode was this? I forget which one Thumper got killed in.

You're in for a treat. I would like to still have more VM I haven't seen, but unfortunately, I've finished. Some people say Season 3 sucks or is horrible but, imo, I think it's still amazing with mostly decent episodes. I think we just got spoiled and we weren't used to a few less than decent episodes. But, there are at least five amazing episodes and most are good. So, enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                                        Weevil not graduating is horrible, especially because he's arrested in front of his family for something he didn't do

Which episode was this? I forget which one Thumper got killed in.
                                        I just re-saw season two (am now barging in on season 3 ) and Thumper get's killed i Plan B (ep 17 I think) but Weevil isn't arrested until Not Pictured (ep 22) - during the graduation. I also really really hate Lamb in this scene. Usually, I think he's OK - funny - but here he's simply a...uhm... rear end? ^^

Oh, and I just want to shout out a homage for Kendall. Now when I've re-watched s2 I've realised that I love her She's funny, and (though she doesn't look it) smart. I love scheming people, they're just morefun to watch

Comment

Working...
                                        X