Yay or Nay Brooth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay or Nay Brooth?

By Brooth, I, of course, mean Brennan/Booth getting together!

What do you think?

Me? Don't like it. Right now, at least. Maybe in a few years or so, but not now. I love their friendship, and I really don't want it ruined. In the Season 3 premiere, I felt they were disconnected and when relationship comes, so does break up and heartache, yadda, yadda, yadda. And, I'm afraid their relationship will always be like it was in 3.01. I don't like the thought
    Yes
    65.22%
    No
    21.74%
    Don't Really Give A Damn
    13.04%

I put don't really care.

I really enjoy the dynamic they have in the show and I feel like a change in thei relationship toward the romantic side might disturb that delicate equilibrium they have. But I think when the show is nearing its end it would be great to finally get them together for a final arc!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I'm against it. For now anyway, the characters may develop in that direction but their chemistry is so specialy right now that if they get it together I feel they'll lose that.

Plus after shows like Grey's Anatomy it's nice to have a show that's not about relationships more than the cases each week and the dynamics of the characters

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
        I put don't really care.

I really enjoy the dynamic they have in the show and I feel like a change in thei relationship toward the romantic side might disturb that delicate equilibrium they have. But I think when the show is nearing its end it would be great to finally get them together for a final arc!
        Me, I voted no, but not because I don't like them as a couple. I'm with you, Jenni, I think them finally getting together would ruin the show going forward, but I would love to seem them get together for a final arc!

Where they are now reminds me of an old 80's show called Moonlighting (Bruce Willis/Cybill Shephard) as detectives with the same "can't be together, can't be apart" theme and the whole show was ruined when producers caved in to pressure to put them together. The show was never the same after. The chemistry they have now is interesting enough for me to keep watching every week. If that chemistry isn't there, probably not.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
          Where they are now reminds me of an old 80's show called Moonlighting (Bruce Willis/Cybill Shephard) as detectives with the same "can't be together, can't be apart" theme and the whole show was ruined when producers caved in to pressure to put them together. The show was never the same after. The chemistry they have now is interesting enough for me to keep watching every week. If that chemistry isn't there, probably not.
          You hit the nail on its head.

I also read that the original telenova of Ugly Betty also died because they ended up putting Betty and her boss together. Whoever did the interview had said that they were going to be very careful not to repeat that storyline (at least for now, I guess) because of how viewership waned after it happened on the original.

Moonlighting is also another great example. And there are others as well. And once it happened it really robs the show of much of its intrigue. Viewers get bored and once romance and sex happens with these kind of couples...ironically, it seems the chemistry dissipates.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

if they got them together only for something to really crash the relationship quickly... that's the only way they could get together. whether that's somebody is getting fired, moved, etc... that could be interesting and different. perhaps somebody getting in trouble for perhaps being too helpful to max keenan, etc... something over max could mess up the relationship possibly.

sometimes problematic relationships can be just as good (as in: interesting) or better than chase relationships that don't get together until the end.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
              if they got them together only for something to really crash the relationship quickly... that's the only way they could get together. whether that's somebody is getting fired, moved, etc... that could be interesting and different. perhaps somebody getting in trouble for perhaps being too helpful to max keenan, etc... something over max could mess up the relationship possibly.

sometimes problematic relationships can be just as good (as in: interesting) or better than chase relationships that don't get together until the end.
              True enough....but it's such a huge chance, I hope they don't take it. I would hate to see the show ruined, I love it just the way it is.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I have to agree with the general consensus. They can only get together at the end. (Though I'd be really disappointed if that didn't happen.) There could maybe be some awkward-we thought we were going to die/we were really drunk action that then gets explained away in the meantime.

I'm actually a little concerned that all the focus on their chemistry and will they or wont they relationship this season is bad for the show. It was never exactly subtle but now it seems to be the main focus. It's a little corny.

I'm not sure how that means I should vote in the poll.
                "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
                  I'm actually a little concerned that all the focus on their chemistry and will they or wont they relationship this season is bad for the show. It was never exactly subtle but now it seems to be the main focus. It's a little corny.
                  Yeah, I can see that. I still really like it though. But I feel like the writers almost felt obligated to explore that after how the second season finale ended.

Although, I don't know if I am the only one, but I don't really understand why there was awkwardness just because they were left standing at the alter. I was kind of like "so what?" Angela and Jack ran off so...I don't know...the awkwardness seems a bit unnatural to me.

Or maybe I just need to watch the scene again. *shrugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

I put yes but not right now, I think it is obvious that there is something between them and it is likely to happen sooner or later but I also like that will they/ won't they part of it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've actually changed my mind about this recently. In a lot of interviews when asked the question about them getting together DB has said that "They are together now, in many ways" and the more I think about this the more I can see what he's saying.

If you think about it, them being in a relationship wouldn't change things that much from what we see right now - they would still bicker, they would still look out for each other and they would still care totally about each other. We've even seen them kiss now, and apart from seeing them in bed together, (and they're not going to be showing details of *that* on a tv show are they?) I can't actually see a difference.

I would like to see a happy ever after for them at the end of the show, but I love this show and don't want that to happen anytime soon, so I voted that I don't care. I enjoy their chemistry and that's a big part of the show, but not what I watch it for.
                      sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by ciderdrinker View Post
                        I've actually changed my mind about this recently. In a lot of interviews when asked the question about them getting together DB has said that "They are together now, in many ways" and the more I think about this the more I can see what he's saying.

If you think about it, them being in a relationship wouldn't change things that much from what we see right now - they would still bicker, they would still look out for each other and they would still care totally about each other. We've even seen them kiss now, and apart from seeing them in bed together, (and they're not going to be showing details of *that* on a tv show are they?) I can't actually see a difference.
                        I can totally (that sounded corny) see your point! Which is why (don't hit me!) I wouldn't mid them together before the series ended. Hear me out!!! I actually think they could be the kind of couple that are actually still funny and interesting. Take LoVe (Veronica Mars which I know is another show/thread but still), they are just as funny when they're together (IMO). Furthermore, in Alias (another show I know but Bones doesn't have any other couple like them so...) they hooked Syd and Vaughn up after 1? season of "tension", the show didn't exactly crumble. And - another example, because I want as many ppl as possible to understand what I'm kinda getting at - in Gilmore Girls, did everybody stop watching the minute Lor and Luke hooked up?

My point is, that although your points are valid, there's still a chance it migh work with a Brooth. The way I see it, the writers have two ways to go if they do make them a couple. It's either a "boring" nothing-to-disturb-in-paradise-no-more-quibbeling-couple or an always-nagging-sarcastic-funny-couple that probably wouldn't work much in reality but is funny on TV. I mean, can you honestly say that there are no funny "lovers" out there on TV? I don't think that just because there's been tension for so long between them that they can't become one of those good couples (good as in - viewers like, not functional).

But then, I'm a na?ve romantic

Please don't hit me....

Comment

I want to see Booth and Brennan together, absolutely. I think they are a great match for each other. I like the spats they have.

Comment

I don't think that there is a way back. And I'm all for the Brooth-ship, but not now and I prefer the subtile, cute things in season 1 and 2 above the Brooth scenes in season 3 where there is almost a sign above them with 'They are in luv, they belong together, twu wuv'. A little too much ...

Comment

Working...
                            X