Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.09 Crash Into Me Part One

It seems no one cared enough to want to talk about the episode last week

How wonderful it was to see Seth Green popping up in this week's episode. I knew he had a guest spot coming up, but hadn't realised when it was, so it was a thrill to see his name on the cast list, and an even bigger thrill to actually see him. Such a sweet, funny character - too bad things are looking grim for him with the cliffhanger ending

Bummer to see Bailey's marital woes going from bad to worse. Why aren't we allowed to have even just one happy, stable, loving and supportive couple on this show?

Originally posted by Llywela View Post
    Bummer to see Bailey's marital woes going from bad to worse. Why aren't we allowed to have even just one happy, stable, loving and supportive couple on this show?
    It's like Joss all over again!

Yeah, the highlight was definitely Seth Green. I've just always adored him so. There's something so endearing and approachable about him. Loved seeing hin in the ep. I read an interview where he said he wanted to do some guest spots on some shows and he made a list and Grey's was on it...so he got on!

This Ava/Rebecca thing is confusing. What is Alex doing? Who does he want? Maybe he doesn't even know and that's why he is...ambivalent. I dunno. I didn't have a problem with the character returning for a few eps this season but every time when shows up it's like "what?" After she left him the last time it just makes no sense why she returns this time. Maybe I just have to think about it more. I had a couple cocktails and my thoughts are running from me!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post

This Ava/Rebecca thing is confusing. What is Alex doing? Who does he want? Maybe he doesn't even know and that's why he is...ambivalent. I dunno. I didn't have a problem with the character returning for a few eps this season but every time when shows up it's like "what?" After she left him the last time it just makes no sense why she returns this time. Maybe I just have to think about it more. I had a couple cocktails and my thoughts are running from me!

I have to agree, the Ava thing is really bugging me. Last time she came she ragged on him for not going out to see her and go get her... this time she leaves him again, and he doesn't go and get her, but she just shows up again... this time just to see him... it didn't make any sense to me! If she was annoyed about him not coming after her before, why is she not annoyed now? And if Alex isn't running after her, should she not be getting the hint he's not as in to her as she thought? It just really confuses me right now, I feel like she's totally chasing after him, when she's got a husband and child at home, and Alex just isn't returning the same feelings anymore. GRR! Sorry. Thought I would give a little rant! :P

I loved Seth Green is this episode... but tell me... do we need to wait ages for the next episode or are we getting a new one next week? I never normally find out when hiatus' begin until after they've started! I want more Seth! :P

SJ
      xox
      sigpic
      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post

I loved Seth Green is this episode... but tell me... do we need to wait ages for the next episode or are we getting a new one next week? I never normally find out when hiatus' begin until after they've started! I want more Seth! :P
        Not next week. But the second part will air the following week.

And I believe that is the last one they completed due to the strike.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I actually loved this episode, Seth Green was great as always But mostly because there was so much less drama and more action! I don't know why but I find the death of people who save other's more upsetting so I was kinda in tears most of the episode!!

Bailey's marriage is also upsetting, I hope she can work it out. Oh and the Nazi thing was really nicely played out. I bet she got such satisfaction from cutting open through that!! lol

I think Ava should get the hint, she's left twice and Alex didn't come after her so why does she keep coming back...? And god Alex is an idiot letting her in to watch the surgery, he must have known she'd meet Lexi /sigh

Well better than normal episode but I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens to Seth!!!

Comment

I agree with everyone here, I loved seeing Seth Green on the show! Plus I really like his character, he was funny and sweet to Lexie. Too bad things are not looking good for him right now, I really hope that he survives!

I have to agree, the Ava thing is really bugging me. Last time she came she ragged on him for not going out to see her and go get her... this time she leaves him again, and he doesn't go and get her, but she just shows up again... this time just to see him... it didn't make any sense to me! If she was annoyed about him not coming after her before, why is she not annoyed now? And if Alex isn't running after her, should she not be getting the hint he's not as in to her as she thought? It just really confuses me right now, I feel like she's totally chasing after him, when she's got a husband and child at home, and Alex just isn't returning the same feelings anymore. GRR! Sorry. Thought I would give a little rant! :P
            I couldn't agree more! What the hell is Ava doing running after Alex? Does she not have a shred of dignity and self-respect? And if she knew that things would not work out with her husband, she should never have gone back to him, no matter whether her relationship with Alex worked out or not. Plus it was really stupid of Alex to allow her into the gallery when he knew that there was a good chance that she'd run into Lexie.

Poor Bailey! Her marital problems seem to get worse and worse. I can understand her husband as well though, it must be frustrating to share your life with a total workaholic who is never home. And I felt so bad for Bailey that she had to operate on a Nazi instead of having lunch with her husband.

I have to say I found that whole Nazi storyline quite interesting. When the Nazi guy first refused to be treated by Bailey, I thought that maybe he had a problem with women or something. But of course when he refused to be treated by the chief, it became obvious that there was another reason behind it. What I find most intriguing though is that the Nazi guy's ambulance partner was a black woman. And they both seemed to care about each other. So I guess the black woman does not know about her partner's swastika tattoo. I'm curious how that particular storyline will be wrapped up in the second part.

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
              I have to say I found that whole Nazi storyline quite interesting. When the Nazi guy first refused to be treated by Bailey, I thought that maybe he had a problem with women or something. But of course when he refused to be treated by the chief, it became obvious that there was another reason behind it. What I find most intriguing though is that the Nazi guy's ambulance partner was a black woman. And they both seemed to care about each other. So I guess the black woman does not know about her partner's swastika tattoo. I'm curious how that particular storyline will be wrapped up in the second part.
              Yeah. What I actually understood from that storyline was that the guy wasn't a Nazi. He used to be a skinhead or something and now he is ashamed of that huge tattoo and his past. Which is why he wanted treatment from white doctors instead. So I don't think he is a racist. He just used to be.
              sigpic

Comment

YAY FOR SETH GREEN!!!!

Loved his character! Hate that his appearance will be too short... I think he and Lexie could have been really cute together!! He's so cute to me!

Okay - I'm already "OVER" Ava and Alex. It was an interesting storyline - but it didn't go anywhere after she was "fixed". Sometimes that's the danger of introducing new love-interest characters - they may actually have some chemistry!!

I hate they are kicking Bailey's relationship to the curb already... But I'm wondering if they are setting her up for a relationship with the Chief!

And I LIKE the new character - the nurse - Ruth? Is that her name? They are really setting McDreamy and her up as the "right" couple rather than damaged Meredith.

Also Hahn puzzles me... I read not to long ago that the actress who plays her, and Sandra Oh once were in a play as lovers. I've also heard that the creators of Grey's toyed around with Christina's character being bi-sexual.

So - what do you think? Hahn and Christina??
                -TP<3
                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                  I hate they are kicking Bailey's relationship to the curb already... But I'm wondering if they are setting her up for a relationship with the Chief!

Also Hahn puzzles me... I read not to long ago that the actress who plays her, and Sandra Oh once were in a play as lovers. I've also heard that the creators of Grey's toyed around with Christina's character being bi-sexual.

So - what do you think? Hahn and Christina??
                  1. Too true. But I have read a bit of speculation about a Bailey/Chief romance and I have to say, it appears highly plausible. I could definitely see it going down that road. Those are basically the only two characters who haven't had a hospital fling/romance/affair in the whole show!

2. I read that too. For me I think it would just depend on how it plays out. I don't necessarily see Yang as bisexual. So I would need to see a storyline about it to believe it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
                    I couldn't agree more! What the hell is Ava doing running after Alex? Does she not have a shred of dignity and self-respect? And if she knew that things would not work out with her husband, she should never have gone back to him, no matter whether her relationship with Alex worked out or not. Plus it was really stupid of Alex to allow her into the gallery when he knew that there was a good chance that she'd run into Lexie.
                    I really don't know what the show expects us to understand from Alex's storylines this year, other than perhaps what he told Lexie - that he can't commit to any woman. Maybe he's being deliberately self-destructive because he's terrified of getting into a serious relationship of any kind? The Ava thing is the problem, and I think there the writers have plotted themselves into a hole, because he had such a sweet storyline with her last season, and I can understand them wanting to revisit that. But she isn't a patient any more, doesn't live anywhere nearby, and so there's no longer any organic or natural way of inserting her into episodes. She has to be shoehorned in, and they're doing a bad job of it.

Comment

Yeah. What I actually understood from that storyline was that the guy wasn't a Nazi. He used to be a skinhead or something and now he is ashamed of that huge tattoo and his past. Which is why he wanted treatment from white doctors instead. So I don't think he is a racist. He just used to be.
                      That's not really what I took from it... I thought he just meant that he was ashamed of having the tattoo but he still had those beliefs even now. Christina asked him if he regretted the tattoo and he sort of did that, not answering, it was so-obvious that he didn't regret it look, before turning around to her and saying "You have to treat me just like anybody else". So I reckon that he was a racist still, just that perhaps he regretted having the huge tattoo incase anyone happened to see it.

I think that's why even after he told Christina that he regretted getting the tattoo, that she still didn't want to operate on him, because she knew those were his beliefs, and not just some phase he had gone through.

But that was just my opinion on the whole nazi thing.

SJ
                      x
                      sigpic

Comment

That's not really what I took from it... I thought he just meant that he was ashamed of having the tattoo but he still had those beliefs even now. Christina asked him if he regretted the tattoo and he sort of did that, not answering, it was so-obvious that he didn't regret it look, before turning around to her and saying "You have to treat me just like anybody else". So I reckon that he was a racist still, just that perhaps he regretted having the huge tattoo incase anyone happened to see it.
                        Hmmm...maybe I wasn't paying enough attention in that one scene.

Anyway, these things do happen. I have a friend who was a Neo-Nazi skinhead as a youth. And then he met a black girl and fell in love. They've been together for ten or twelve years now.

I actually knew quite a few racist skinheads as a teenager. Most all of them changed. They didn't really believe in their hate; they just got swept up in trying to belong and made mistakes. There was a big skinhead fad in the mid-90s and it has significantly faded since.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...maybe I wasn't paying enough attention in that one scene.

Anyway, these things do happen. I have a friend who was a Neo-Nazi skinhead as a youth. And then he met a black girl and fell in love. They've been together for ten or twelve years now.

I actually knew quite a few racist skinheads as a teenager. Most all of them changed. They didn't really believe in their hate; they just got swept up in trying to belong and made mistakes. There was a big skinhead fad in the mid-90s and it has significantly faded since.
                          Going slightly off-topic now, but I remember that flick Romper Stomper with Russell Crowe, and the big skinhead nazi lifestyle created in that, and similarly a newer flick, 'This is England' which sort of focussed on a lot of the same things, but showed the extremities of people involved, how some were just caught up in it, and others were just followers of the whole movement in general.

But that scene in Grey's really did give me the impression he was still a racist, which is why I was wondering how the relationship between he and his co-worker the driver had worked out... but I guess, he may have lightened up a little bit. But he didn't seem to regret the tattoo, so I'm kind of still a bit confused as to how they are going to clear this up in the next episode. But hey, maybe we'll just need to wait and see!

SJ
                          xox
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X