Tru Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tru Calling

i just started watching it, and im on ep 9 of season 1 at the mo and i absolutely LOVE this show! Eliza is awesome in it, and im just glued to it! anyone else like?

[x]Nat[x] ♥ I'm a blood sucking fiend! look at my outfit!♥

is this reading material really appropriate for a school? blood rights and sacrifices... chess club branching out?

about

what is it about becasue i have seen boxset cheap and may get it but dnt know much about it

Comment

Originally posted by major_buffy_fan View Post
      what is it about becasue i have seen boxset cheap and may get it but dnt know much about it
      Tru works in a morgue and she has this ability where the recently dead ask for her help. Then her day rewinds and the same day begins all over again and she attempts to save them. And that is it in a nutshell.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally Posted by major_buffy_fan
        Originally Posted by Jenni Lou
        Tru works in a morgue and she has this ability where the recently dead ask for her help. Then her day rewinds and the same day begins all over again and she attempts to save them. And that is it in a nutshell.

Yeah and Along the way she has Moments where she Takes knowledge from the First day and use it on the "Rewind day" as they Call it.
        Spoiler:
        I.E. Like the Horse races among other things
        But Yeah Eliza is awesome but Zach Galifanikis is Awesome in this role.
        sigpic

Comment

it sounds interesting may have to get boxset

Comment

its great im really loving it! forest from seaosn 4 is in the first seaosn in one of the episodes...

[x]Nat[x] ♥ I'm a blood sucking fiend! look at my outfit!♥

is this reading material really appropriate for a school? blood rights and sacrifices... chess club branching out?

Comment

Very interesting show. It?s one of my favorites and Eliza is great in it. But the premise is very good and for me, the show gets even better with the addition of Jason Priestley. The two of them debating who should live or die or even if Tru is preventing something that was destined to happen or not is always fascinating.
              My favorite episode are (and I?m not sure of the names):
              - when Luke dies and JJ gets married. Really good stuff
              - the pilot, of course
              - when the fireman dies (I think it?s the third one of season one)
              - with the bachelor party and she must prevent all four of them to die
              I?m sure I have more, but I can?t remember.
              But, Eliza, Jason and the one who plays Tru?s brother are amazing.

Comment

Yeah I love Jason Priestly he's very funny, I was so upset when this show ended because I think it was brilliant. I think my favourite episode is probably the final episode and I also like the one where Harrisons girlfriends husband dies.
                sigpic

Comment

Love this show, Eliza is amazing in it

Although I hate how it got cancelled before they gave it any closure. Too many unanswered questions. Atleast I think it got cancelled, I cant really remember.

Great show though

Comment

Yeah, we had a lot of answers but still, great show with great actors. I think it?s worth having on DVD.

Comment

I liked this show so much, plus I think that Dushku is gorgous and a great actress.

Situations like this where a series is set up with all these mysteries and secrets and intrigues that are never explained before the series gets cancelled are so sad. It really makes me wish I could just write to the story people and ask them what they had planned, what the answers were.

Even so, I'm definitely going to order the box set as a birthday presant to me!
                      "And remember, we keep our supraesophageal ganglion to ourselves. That means you Jimmy!"

Mr Ray, 'Finding Nemo'

Comment

I've seen the first season before (not what we have of the second season yet, though), but I never bought the set. I saw it on sale for 20 bucks yesterday, so I got it. Today, I rewatched the finale, "Two Weddings And A Funeral" and I fell in love with the show all over again. All the actors are fantastic and Dushku is just extraordinary. I love the final moments in the finale. And so many things were revealed! First off, it's like an opener to a "war", which we probably didn't get to see because there's only six episodes left I loved Tru's, "It's ON." Secondly, Daddy!Tru is working with Jack, and he used to be able to relive days and instead of saving people, he did what Jack does, tries to kill them. Not only that, but I got the impression that he killed Mommy!Tru! :eek:

I want to see the end of the series to see how it all wraps up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                          I want to see the end of the series to see how it all wraps up.
                          Uh, yeah. Be prepared to be disappointed.

I just rewatched s2 a few months ago and it was a lot better than I remember. But I HATE the way it ends. Because that's what it does: it just ends. No resolution and a huge cliffhanger.

I haven't watched s1 since it came out on dvd like four or something years ago. I have too many dvds. I never know when I will get around to doing a rewatch of them I really have to be in the mood to watch some things. :/
                          sigpic
                          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Umm guys. I can't believe my eyes.

I'm watching a new episode of Tru Calling. On Sci Fi. No lie. Original air date? Today. New. It also says 2008 after the description... Oh my lord. Did anyone have any idea about this? I was only watching SciFi 'cause I saw there was a TC marathon, but I started watching this episode and I knew I'd never seen it before, and I pressed the info button. It said NEW!

(Why yes, I DO know I'm being ridiculously repetitive.)

I still can't get over it. *blink*

I hope I'm not wrong because if I am I think I'll cry.
                            Last edited by QueenC; 21-01-08, 06:16 PM.

"If I told you half the things I've heard about this Jabba the Hutt, you'd probably short circuit."
                            tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by QueenC View Post
                              Umm guys. I can't believe my eyes.

I'm watching a new episode of Tru Calling. On Sci Fi. No lie. Original air date? Today. New. It also says 2008 after the description... Oh my lord. Did anyone have any idea about this? I was only watching SciFi 'cause I saw there was a TC marathon, but I started watching this episode and I knew I'd never seen it before, and I pressed the info button. It said NEW!

(Why yes, I DO know I'm being ridiculously repetitive.)

I still can't get over it. *blink*

I hope I'm not wrong because if I am I think I'll cry.
                              Maybe it says new because it was one of the episodes that they didn't play before the show was cancelled. BTW I hit the info button just to see and yes it does say it's New (2008) so really I have no idea what's going on. The question for the people who have all the dvd's, is there an episode called 'Twas the Night Before Christmas... Again" on the dvd's cause that's what the "new" episode is called. This way we can find out if it's brand spankin new (which I highly doubt) or if it's just one they never aired on tv before it was cancelled.
                              T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

If it's not new I'm going to feel like a fool.

I have the DVDs actually...I just can't find my season 2 DVDs! I'll look again, and edit this post with an answer if I find them.

It does seem unlikely, what with Dollhouse and alll...Hm.

EDIT: Damn, I'm stupid. It is on the DVDs. Sorry for the false sense of hope, haha.

I never got to see it on the DVD though...is it hidden or something?

"If I told you half the things I've heard about this Jabba the Hutt, you'd probably short circuit."
                                tumblr

Comment

Don't feel like a fool. I got a little excited when you said it was a new episode.

I'll check imdb and check the episode list to see if they even have it listed. They usually say the air date as well so I'll be back in a sec with an answer. Then we can compare our answers and make a great hypothesis on whether or not it was new.
                                  T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

Reread my post. I know it's not new, unfortunately. Found my DVDs. I haven't watched it before...how odd.

This is making me miss Tru Calling even more. Haha. Damn. Stupid FOX. I hate that channel. They kill all good shows.

tumblr

Comment

I loved this show when it was. I have the entire series on DVD and occasionally watch them while having my food. One thing that surprised me about the show was that I never got tired of the format, probably because the writers kept the story fresh and not everyone could be saved all the time. It's kinda like House; the show is so formulaic in nature but the unexpected twists and turns keep things interesting.

I hated how FOX canceled this show as well, just when it was beginning to get better than ever. I always knew there was something off about Tru's dad, though I never thought he could be Tru's mom's opposite. It would have been interesting to see how Harrison would have dealt with things, had he remembered that his dad wasn't a good guy. Argh, the show shouldn't have ended on a cliffhanger!
                                      Last edited by Ameer; 21-01-08, 07:40 PM.
                                      Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

"'Twas the Night Before Christmas" was the last ep. I have to admit it is a kinda funny you guys got so excited. If there was a new ep, I would have surely known! I'm pretty on top of all the tv news.

Seriously, that ep is really good but it sucks that it was the last because it is so entirely open-ended.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X