2.08 "Four Months Ago" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.08 "Four Months Ago" Spoiler Discussion Thread

So, it aired last night. And wow....I loved it. You?

Well, I love how it was set up, almost as good as Smallville 6.15 "Promise" setup. I loved how each act was a month. That was great. Unfortunately, Maya/Alejandro had stuff that revealed almost nothing. Maya killed people by accident. That's how they became fugitives. Well, duh. We kinda guessed that already. I wanted some stuff about Sylar. Unfortunately, we got none.

But, the Peter/Nathan story was awesome. I loved every second of it. Kristen Bell is hot and amazing, and in Heroes, she does not remind me of Veronica one bit, so I'm not distracted. "You'll get used to them. And them, you'll learn to like 'em." I love her. I love how it was a prison and Adam was his cell mate and how he was there for 30 years. But, is Adam just playing him?

Also, I have a question. Is Bob Elle's dad?

I wanted some Matt closure and how he got to where he is right now.

Niki was the other big thing in the episode. She kicked ass. Literally. I love how her "power" extends beyond Jessica and how it can generate as anyone! Also, the way DL died was shocking and I love that Niki is, probably, blaming himself. I also loved Micah's version of the Fantastic Four! "We could be the Fantastic Four, minus one!"

And one other thing: Why did the Haitian have to wipe Peter's memory?

Anyways, awesome episode! Loved it a whole damn lot. Can't wait for next week! Only three more weeks!

I was disappointed by the lack of answers about Nathan's marriage and the fact that he, y'know, WON a seat in CONGRESS and is apparently not occupying it.

Matt and Sylar... we already got the gist -- Matt's wife was having another guy's kid and they split over it, he moved to NYC to help take care of Molly. Sylar has mostly been sitting around recuperating. We actually got a pretty huge clue about Sylar tonight, but you might have missed it.

Two words: Haitian Pills.

Yeah, baby. He's comin' back.

Speaking of things we learned that we didn't notice we learned -- Angela Petrelli has a power, either the same or closely the same to Eden's. The all-hands thing that Christine Rose has been doing is plot-relevant. I figured that out/decided that watching how they fixated on her handsyness with Mrs. Nathan and managed to just... convince her to go along with her. Kinda like how she just... convinced Nathan to go along with her. And has, at various times, convinced Peter to go along with her. Think about it -- what else explains her overall grabbyness?

I can't honestly decide whose on the right side of what's going on in terms of 'saving the world'. Believe it or not, I'm more likely to believe that 400 years have suitably mellowed Adam/Kensei (did he ever actually introduce himself properly to Hiro?) than I am to believe that Bob isn't pure evil. And, also, take a moment to appreciate just how subtly bad-ass Tobolowski is in this role? I first saw him as a doofus on a computer date in "Sneakers", and to me, he is just eating every scene he is in with the way he moves from sincere to deceptive to patronizing to threatening with the barest adjustment of, like, his eyelids.

Elle is, I believe, his daughter. And is evil. And is HOOOOOOOOT. Kristen Bell has never looked sexier.

I think the Haitian took his memory to make him harder to find -- if he didn't know who he was, he couldn't turn up in any of the obvious places Peter would go. Also, *great* phlebotenum to explain that he can recover his memories. Glad they wrapped that up. But, uh, I know that only a minute or so went by for Peter in this episode, but let's not forget to go rescue the pretty irish lass?
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Holy crap, I loved this episode, I think it's clear that Heroes is on the rise again, from 2.05 onwards I have completely changed my opinion of this series, as it started, I really wasn't enjoying it as much as season one, but wowza, it's kicking ass now!

Anyway, I absolutely loved Elle in this episode, I'm glad we got to see so much of Kristen, as last time she was't around much, and then we got a long one-sided phone-call. This time, we got her little innocent, but evil act, and seductive assertation over Peter, or 'her toy'. I think Kristen was absolutely perfect for this part, and she just seemed to slip into the character so easily; so very different from Veronica.

I love how we kind of got an explanation about Jessica, and where she came from, and now we got to see another side to Nikki entirely; although to be honest, I've got a feeling that Nikki's nightmare that Bob had DL killed is true; I reckon that he found out Nikki had ran off to LA, and was using this guy to track her and bring Nikki back in or something, and get DL out of the picture so that the company could take her in. I just don't trust Bob, and am totally convinced he had something to do with it! Heh.

Anyway, I have rambled on for way too long, as need to head off, but I do have more thoughts on this episode. It was just awesome!
      SJ
      xox
      sigpic
      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
        I love how we kind of got an explanation about Jessica, and where she came from, and now we got to see another side to Nikki entirely; although to be honest, I've got a feeling that Nikki's nightmare that Bob had DL killed is true; I reckon that he found out Nikki had ran off to LA, and was using this guy to track her and bring Nikki back in or something, and get DL out of the picture so that the company could take her in. I just don't trust Bob, and am totally convinced he had something to do with it! Heh.
        That is such a good point about Bob, Sayjay- I too think he's evil (okay, as everyone does, coz he clearly is, lol!) but yeah, pushing Nikki's buttons big time.

As for Nathan's mum, I've wondered for ages what her power is and it seems like it's finally being revealed which is cool. I wondered for a while last week if she could undo the memory thing, since Peter seemed to remember who she was, but it makes sense she could at least twist a forgetful Peter into believing she's his mum, even if he didn't remember that.

So curious, asks as many questions as it answers, but not like Lost... looking forward to finding out more!

Comment

Ok, kick ass episode. It was really good. I loved how they decided to fill the blanks just now.. Oh yeah, KRISTEN BELL!!! I just love her and it's really diffrent then seeing her on Veronica Mars.

Comment

Four Months Ago

Well this episode certainly explained a lot. It was definitely a lot more concentrated than a regular Heroes episode which has about 5 or 6 plots going on in one episode, this one really only had two main ones and two halves Nathan's and Maya and Alejandro, so 2 and a half let's say. It was good to have the chance to see what triggered what Maya and Alejandro are doing this season. I enjoyed the insight into the events straight after the bomb and glad we got some answers and were shown not just told.

Mostly I'm glad we got to see exactly what happened to DL, now it doesn't seem the writers were so brutal and harsh in eliminating his character, and I'm happy we got to see the whole story. I have to say being shot by an angry clubber isn't exactly the death I expected from Heroes, but I guess it just made it all the more surprising and real, that he wasn't killed by some strange and extraordinary supernatural force, but by something quite ordinary in comparison to everything in Heroes. He died on a high, saving his wife, helping his family and being a hero. It was great to see the three of them as a family one last time. Niki's whole story was intriguing as well, so she can develop more personalities? This playful, but clearly very dark new persona Gina seems interesting, though I just enjoyed Niki's struggle with Jessica, I think if we introduce more personalities it may make things seem a little confusing. I hope Jessica is still in there somewhere and her position won't be usurped by this newcomer ? because I'm completely in love with her.

As for Peter, this episode was a real eye-opener and now it's all clear exactly what happened to him in those four months, stripping away some of the uncertainty. Elle is still interesting though in my view she has lost some of her charm, I've seen the whole sadistic villainous girl act plenty of times before. The way the plot was carefully unfolded was pretty damn awesome I thought. The continuity was so good that they even made sure Peter's new (and less dopey, sexier) hairstyle fit, every little detail counts .

Adam managed to cure Nathan completely, now for some speculation ? surely if Claire's blood is supposed to be able to cure the virus, Adam's can too and wouldn't that give Nathan an immunity to it because he has some of Adam's blood in him to combat it? Anyway, just a thought.

As much as I enjoyed the episode, I have one thing about the ending, I have high expectations about the endings of the episodes and the ending here just felt, quite flat and the same as the last ending. I'd have liked some sort of progression of the main plot, I don't expect it to be much, but a tiny amount of progression for a more interesting ending would have been better.

Comment

Brilliant episode, I was slightly worried for the first couple of this season but they have bounced back so well.
              Bell was so good and creepy in this one, I had my doubts about her but she seems v. good.
              I'm still confused on who I think is good/evil, I really don't trust Bob whatever his intentions, he is just so shifty. I really want Adam to be a good guy but I don't see it happening
              On that note, I really am starting to like Adam now, I wasn't a fan of him in the 17th century but he seems great now but I am wondering what his plans are and if he is just using Peter as a tool or not. Also I do wonder about whether he reall was the bad person that Bob made him out to be and if he is killing the company members simply out of revenge or is it more sinister than that?
              I do hope that the guy who killed DL has something to do with Bob, if only because I don't want one of the heroes to be killed just by some random punk.
              The Haitian is becoming the main character I want to know more about now and I'm thinking that he is damn powerfull as well, stopping anyone with powers around him and then being a seemingly amazing fighter would take out all of the others as far as I can tell apart from (lol, the irony) Noah and Mohinder with their guns.
              Last edited by spidol; 14-11-07, 04:49 PM.
              sigpic
              A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

my reaction to 4 months earlier is OMFG!!!!! i love kristen bells charcter! she so cute! and adam was there for 40 years.. great carry on from a great last episode absolutly loved it!

[x]Nat[x] ♥ I'm a blood sucking fiend! look at my outfit!♥

is this reading material really appropriate for a school? blood rights and sacrifices... chess club branching out?

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  Speaking of things we learned that we didn't notice we learned -- Angela Petrelli has a power, either the same or closely the same to Eden's. The all-hands thing that Christine Rose has been doing is plot-relevant. I figured that out/decided that watching how they fixated on her handsyness with Mrs. Nathan and managed to just... convince her to go along with her. Kinda like how she just... convinced Nathan to go along with her. And has, at various times, convinced Peter to go along with her. Think about it -- what else explains her overall grabbyness?
                  Hmm. Quite observant of you, I've never really noticed that but I did find the Angela/Heidi scene a little more touchy-feely than I would have thought a normal episode would have had, seemed a little sexual to me, but of course - this is Heroes, so no. I think she does have some kind of suggestive ability, or just an ability, but the writers are keeping it under wraps.

Elle is, I believe, his daughter. And is evil. And is HOOOOOOOOT. Kristen Bell has never looked sexier.
                  Hehe, true. On all three points. Though from what we've seen a lot of the Heroes-ness seems to run in the family, maybe that's part of the reason Bob is bothering to do all this?

Originally posted by Veverka
                  As for Nathan's mum, I've wondered for ages what her power is and it seems like it's finally being revealed which is cool. I wondered for a while last week if she could undo the memory thing, since Peter seemed to remember who she was, but it makes sense she could at least twist a forgetful Peter into believing she's his mum, even if he didn't remember that.
                  I was wondering about that, though theory is that Peter was doing a similar sort of mind-reading thing Matt was doing, but obviously with images not with sound, partly because the same sounds they used in Peter's remembering scene in 2.07 was the same as whenever Matt tries to read somebody's mind. Well this theory would work, if Peter had ever met Matt... has he ever? Most of them have had brief encounters with one or the other before so Peter may have picked up one of Matt's powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosso View Post
                    I was wondering about that, though theory is that Peter was doing a similar sort of mind-reading thing Matt was doing, but obviously with images not with sound, partly because the same sounds they used in Peter's remembering scene in 2.07 was the same as whenever Matt tries to read somebody's mind. Well this theory would work, if Peter had ever met Matt... has he ever? Most of them have had brief encounters with one or the other before so Peter may have picked up one of Matt's powers.

Peter has met Matt and used his powers. He used them on Matt himself but there was some kind of feedback thing that hurt them both.
                    sigpic
                    A Boy Named Jayne

Banner and avie by LRae12

Comment

Matt and Sylar... we already got the gist -- Matt's wife was having another guy's kid and they split over it, he moved to NYC to help take care of Molly. Sylar has mostly been sitting around recuperating. We actually got a pretty huge clue about Sylar tonight, but you might have missed it.
                      Hey I just re-read a bunch of the comments in this thread and picked up on this one. And... yes, I must have missed this huge clue! Typical! Soooo... any chance you wanna share what you took from this episode that actually gave us a clue about him, as I hate missing things. (And if you want to spoiler tag it for those who don't wanna see it, that could be useful) But I've been sitting here trying to think of what this clue could be and it's driving me crazy!

SJ
                      xox
                      sigpic

Comment

As I said above -- two words: Haitian pills.

Sylar's powers aren't gone, their suppressed. Once he detoxes, like Peter, he'll be back in business
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

As I said above -- two words: Haitian pills.

Sylar's powers aren't gone, their suppressed. Once he detoxes, like Peter, he'll be back in business
                          Lol, so didn't pick that up from what you had written, I'm a little bit slow tonight, :P Oh well, looks like we'll have Sylar back fairly soon then! Can't wait to see what happens after that.

Thanks anyway!
                          SJ
                          x
                          sigpic

Comment

Yosso- Just wanted to say, we saw Matt interviewing peter after the episode Homecoming when the police found Peter covered in Claire's blood (And Sykar's too), When the two were in the same room Peter and Matt kept reading it other's mind and I guess it was an echo so it hurt both of them..

I haven't seen this episode but it sounds pretty interesting, nice to know a bullet wound to the shoulder wasn't what killed DL (I am talking about the end of Exploding Man). irony he was shot again thought (That's what you guys said right?)

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                            Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I loved this episode! I thought it was brilliant.

Love the fact the whole Adam/Peter/Elle stuff, I think they did that storyline brilliantly. It was weird seeing KB kissing MV but...hey! It was hot, who can deny it! I do wonder about Adam though, like does he heal and is indestructable like Claire or is he perhaps just immortal?

DL stuff ANNOYED me though....what does it matter if DL survived those few more months, if Niki didn't know she needed help before she died she needed a slap because she blatantly did need help, and her slight selfish careless behaviour cost her husband his life. Interested in the Gina personality though...I had heard there could be a 3rd personality so that will be interesting to see if that's developed.

Slight confusion on the Bob meeting Monica at DL's wake though...I'm almost certain she didn't recognise him...or did she actually say she'd recognised him from somewhere...can't remember!

I swear somewhere I was promised an explanation about how Sylar got to where he was...was it explained and I TOTALLY missed it or not?

Either way, I did love this episode, and I can't wait to see what Adam considers "saving the world". BRING. IT. ON.

Comment

I don't think there was an explaintion for Slyar, Parkman, The Bennets, Molly/Surresh but I guess the last three alrready had hier stories told before this episode happened (I would have liked tio see Ando thought and how he was reacting to Hiro disappearence).

Now that this episode has come and past I can talk about it more. Well I thought it was a very good episode. I figured out that Peter's mum has one of those Believe me powers like Eden when she was touching Heidi (Either that or she really likes Heidi as in sexual like).

Okay, so the Gina personality, I wonder if this "Gina" was real or wasn't like Nikki said to her. And I thought that guy was crazy, who the hell goes up and shoots someone husband! Especially in the middle of a club, if I was Nikki I would have kicked him right to Saturn.

Question time: Can I ask you US something? When they showed the Promo for the next episode, did they say it was the season finale? because our stupid channel seems to think it's the season finale of Heroes (Cautionarly Tales), but that's not a season finale, thatrt's called a Christmas break isn't it? (Australia has never been updated with many US shows nuntil now when they decided to fast track to it so I wouldn't know much), it just bugs me the way they made it sound.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                                Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Working...
                                X