Early Finale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Finale?

If this strike keeps up, then yes, there will be an early finale to Heroes. Episode 11 (I think) was supposed to end Volume 2: "Generations" but then Season 2 would go till we hit episode 24. Unfortunately, the Writer's Strike has changed this. If this keeps up, they will re-shoot episode 11 with an alternate ending. So, if the Writer's Strike keeps up, Heroes will end a season with 11 episodes on December 3rd.

Link

Yes, episode 2.11 "Powerless" has been transformed into a quazi-Season finale. Especially now that Tim Kring is on the picketline, himself, there is no real showrunner left to take care of things. They have actually already filmed the alternate ending, too, and are just plugging it in.

Also, for those who are a little slower than others when it comes to Heroes news, the spinoff "Heroes: Origins" has been canceled because of the WGA Strike. Chances are, though, that it will be brought back next season.

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly from the picketline on his phone , Kring basically admitted all the things they did wrong this season and how the rest of Season 2 will maintain the same high quality as 2.07 "Out of Time," he hopes (and EW agrees since they've seen the next two episodes and Mike Aussiello saw 2.08 and said it's great). He also said that they're goal is to reboot (again) with Volume 3 - whenever they can go back into production - and go back to their roots with the same high quality as before.

Then, Kring and Loeb did an interview with TV Guide where they talk about what is to come with the rest of the season and other future storylines.

Want the summary of those spoilers?

Spoiler:
    -Mohinder won't ever have a power.
    -Hana, aka Wireless, (1.16 "Unexpected" and various graphic novels) did die in the online comics but her consciousness has survived - meaning that we'll see her character appear on the show again but most likely without Stana Katic portraying her.
    -Claude probably won't be returning anytime soon. Christopher Eccleston is playing hard to get with his busy schedule.
    -What IS the deal with Niki? Her power is superstrength, as was Jessica's. Jessica and Niki are the same person. Niki just discovered her power through Jessica, though Jessica is merely in her psyche.
    -December 3rd? Expect huge housecleaning - most notably of the new characters (Kring says in the EW interview that a few of the new characters won't be around for Volume 3).

Personally? I was majorly relieved when I read these interviews. Seeing that Kring and Company realize they screwed up with Season 2 was very calming for me and I enjoyed reading the spoilers they gave in the TV Guide interview.
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Well, I'm glad he's realized his HUGE mistakes about Hiro and Claire and Crazy Stalker Man. But, I'm a little scared.

First off, we're losing about five months of Heroes, which is NOT cool. And I know DVD sets rip people off, so having an 11 episode set will be what? 40 instead of 50?

Secondly, he's saying sorry about MONICA, too. And there's a "housecleaning". And, I'm scared that might mean bye-bye Monica She was tied in with Heroes alumna's, though. Niki and Micah. More Micah, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
        Well, I'm glad he's realized his HUGE mistakes about Hiro and Claire and Crazy Stalker Man. But, I'm a little scared.

First off, we're losing about five months of Heroes, which is NOT cool. And I know DVD sets rip people off, so having an 11 episode set will be what? 40 instead of 50?

Secondly, he's saying sorry about MONICA, too. And there's a "housecleaning". And, I'm scared that might mean bye-bye Monica She was tied in with Heroes alumna's, though. Niki and Micah. More Micah, obviously.
        We don't know how long this WGA Strike will last so it's impossible to predict how much Heroes we'll lose. As for the boxset concern, the BtVS Season 1 boxset only had...what? 12 episodes? And everytime I see the thing, it's priced at $25 to $35. Plus, if the boxset has special features, it'll likely be worth the price it's set at. AND we're not even sure they'll release a boxset for these 11 episodes. They might wait for Volume 3 to air and then release Volume 2 and 3 together.

We just don't know.

As for the concerns about who will be lost in the housecleaning? Everyone's fair game, last time I checked. Everyone being the characters whose names aren't Claire or Hiro. So don't fear yet.
        wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

I just think it's a huge pity to cut the season short- unless it's done super well I'd rather wait and get a whole 22 ep arc.

Comment

Well, at least Volume Two will be ending that episode so, it will probably be like a finale, and with the re-write, it'll defiantly be like a finale. Some shows will just be cut off, so, we really lucked out.

I think Monica has the best chance of staying. She came in later, so she really hasn't been fully embraced, so her story seems like it's nowhere near close to ending, while Maya has been around since 2.01, with her storyline moving at a faster pace. Maya's arc probably involves the Virus storyline, which ends in episode eleven.

It'd be much easier to have Monica integrate with the other characters since she's already come across Mohinder, Micah, and, off screen, Niki in her three episodes.

Meanwhile, Maya has only met Sylar, who we know isn't sticking around since Zachary Q. is going to take a break for Star Trek. So, Alejandro will probably be killed, which we all pretty much figured, and Maya will get angry and cry, which results in her death somehow.

Also, Adam seems to be apart of the bigger story, so I assume he's safe.

West is a goner, obviously.

Comment

I don't want a early finale;( Where else I am going to get my muse for Ali Larter in my story...And Hereos...

OMG! If all the supernatural shows go, then where is my supernatural muse is going to come from.

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
              Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I dont want heroes to End, I hope this Strike dont got to Long. If I had To pick one to leave it would b e West cuz I dont like him or Maya or alejandro so maybe they will get rid of all them
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X