Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.03 Let The Truth Sting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4.03 Let The Truth Sting

    Well, I didn't like this episode nearly as much as the previous. But I just had to get off this off my chest:

    Alex, you [email protected]#*! Look, man, I like you. I really do. But why did you bust out George like that?

    Of course, the voice-over clearly tells us why: he can't help himself from telling the truth in these circumstances. And George isn't my favorite person but I felt so bad for him.

    Also, Bailey/Callie scene at the end =
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

  • #2
    Hmmm, I didn't mind the Alex/George thing. Just thought it was better to not drag it on. Alex isn't about being nice, he's just the way he is. And again, Bailey told him something he needed to hear and got something out of it herself

    What is up with Gizzie! AAAaaargh. Seriously. Seriously. You know, there's a lot of talk about whether maybe Buffy should have a boyfriend or be on her own- if anyone should be on their own it's Izzy!

    Totally too funny that really old guy woke up!

    Not sure how I feel about Norman... hmm. And the chief and Mark all feeling old, George goading them into doing the op, and then Derek coming and saving the day.

    Meanwhile, I actually really liked the Mer/Lexie part. I felt like Mer could have been a lot worse, and she's maybe giving Lexie not what she wants, but what she really really needs. It made me think about season five of Buffy, where we had as Buffy's 'love' interest her sister.

    Poor Callie. The end was too sudden, too shocking. Even though we knew, Callie knew- hearing those words from George hurt my heart. It's so odd. The whole first two seasons seemed like they were harking to the importance of 'the ring' and now adultery is all willy nilly

    So, my thoughts/essay... long!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      Alex, you [email protected]#*! Look, man, I like you. I really do. But why did you bust out George like that?

      Of course, the voice-over clearly tells us why: he can't help himself from telling the truth in these circumstances. And George isn't my favorite person but I felt so bad for him.
      I have to agree. As much as I don't like George right now, I thought what Alex did was really mean. You could tell how much pleasure he got out of telling the other interns the truth about George, he was so smug.

      Originally posted by Veverka
      What is up with Gizzie! AAAaaargh. Seriously. Seriously. You know, there's a lot of talk about whether maybe Buffy should have a boyfriend or be on her own- if anyone should be on their own it's Izzy!
      I totally agree. Izzie practically went from mourning Denny into jumping into this misguided thing with George. And please Shonda, end this dreadful Gizzie storyline already, you promised it would be over soon. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I felt so bad for Callie when George finally told her the truth.

      The Callie/Bailey scenes in this episode were great, especially the last one. Still, I miss Addison, she had great friendship moments with both Callie and Bailey.

      Christina faking sadness just so that she could steal Meredith's surgery was pretty funny and such a Christina thing to do!

      I loved the scene where they all had to say something about Really Old Guy, that scene totally cracked me up!

      Meredith explaining Lexie's mother's surgery to Lexie was actually pretty decent of her and for once she did not annoy me as much.

      Not sure how I feel about Ed Herrman playing the world's oldest intern. It's strange seeing him in a different role than Richard Gilmore, it needs some adjusting to on my part.

      So if they could just get rid of the Gizzie storyline and somehow make Meredith less annoying and I could almost like this show again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Loved Really Old Guy, Christina, Meredith, Lexie, Derek, Webber, Bailey, Callie and McDreamy (who looks hot giving bad news, being a pal, and just existing).

        Gizzie can go away NOW (though I actually liked Izzie pulling the wires).

        And also: do you get the feeling that Mark/Derek would hook up - their friendship is coming along strong and Mark seems to be out for Derek's best interests. Add in Shonda's penchant for everyone having sex with everyone (making the relationship chart for this show would be a time consuming experience) and shocking the viewers and there may be a McValueMenu hookup for sweeps.
        Scripted Fandoms: Angel l Buffy l Grey's Anatomy l Harry Potter l Lost l The Office l Smallville
        Unscripted Fandoms: The Amazing Race l America's Next Top Model l Project Runway l Top Chef

        Comment


        • #5
          Meh. This show just gets more and more frustrating, because there is still a lot of stuff in it that I like, and yet it always ends up annoying me.

          There was a lot that I liked about this episode. I loved Bailey, as usual. I enjoyed Alex's story this week - struggling to teach someone old enough to be his grandfather? That felt very real. I liked the scene where Meredith finally gave a little and talked through Susan's notes with Lexie. Callie's disintegration is pretty brutal to watch, but also feels very real. I even liked the scene where George stood up to Izzie, because I like it when George finds his backbone.

          The rampant unprofessionalism and frequently cavalier behaviour toward patients will always be irksome. But I think my biggest problem with the show is Izzie. She's just so self-absorbed, and that big emotional speech in Really Old Guy's Doorway? When he was so obviously already dead? That was embarrassing to watch, corny and predictable, and so unprofessional. She's turning into such a cariacature of herself.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, I love Izzie so much and this whole George thing is starting to ruin her for me. That is the ONLY thing she has going on right now and that's just pathetic. She needs to be on her own for awhile. Again. And then she needs to reunite with Alex. Or Mark.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

            Comment


            • #7
              Bailey is amazing as always, she is the only character who hasn't let me down.. her and Alex strangely enough! I would never have thought that from the pilot

              I agree with Jenni Lou, Izzie used to be my favourite character, now she is pathetic. She always has this sad, hurt bambi face which is just annoying, especially considering what we know about her childhood and how she made a life for herself. I really hope they all get amnesia and we get to start again without none of that Gizzie rubbish! Although I'm not a fan of George getting married either so ideally they can all just go back to being friends!

              Christina was funny getting Meredith's surgeries though! And Alex being his usual stupid self at the end telling everyone George was a repeat!! It was mean but George can pretty much disappear of the face of the show and I doubt I'd notice?

              Really old guy storyline was deadly boring.. key word.. so deadly even he died!

              Meredith didn't drive me too crazy, it is a teaching hospital and I think Lexie over reacted, but considering how Meredith has behaved it was fair enough. I did like that Meredith took the time to sit down and show Lexie her mothers notes. They don't have to be sisters, they don't have to like each other but they have to work together and Meredith was right to take the lead in making that happen.

              The episode before was better than this.. I keep hoping every week we'll see some of the former magic /sigh

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                I agree with Jenni Lou, Izzie used to be my favourite character, now she is pathetic. She always has this sad, hurt bambi face which is just annoying, especially considering what we know about her childhood and how she made a life for herself.
                That's such a good point- you know how some things about characters you believe/buy, and some you don't? I have somehow never really bought the 'Izzy grew up in a trailer park' story, simply coz we've only heard it, never seen it. We touched on it when we found out Izzy had had a child, and again when we met the child, but any of the resolve that Izzy found in order to choose to leave her old life and become a surgeon- well, we just do not see it. It's fine that she's supposed to be 'nicer' than Cristina and Meredith- hell, Angelus is nicer than Cristina and Meredith a lot of the time!- a show with two selfish leads is better than a show with three, but they're surgeons, so the reality has got to be putting themselves first in terms of their careers, and Izzy just does not do that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                  That's such a good point- you know how some things about characters you believe/buy, and some you don't? I have somehow never really bought the 'Izzy grew up in a trailer park' story, simply coz we've only heard it, never seen it. We touched on it when we found out Izzy had had a child, and again when we met the child, but any of the resolve that Izzy found in order to choose to leave her old life and become a surgeon- well, we just do not see it. It's fine that she's supposed to be 'nicer' than Cristina and Meredith- hell, Angelus is nicer than Cristina and Meredith a lot of the time!- a show with two selfish leads is better than a show with three, but they're surgeons, so the reality has got to be putting themselves first in terms of their careers, and Izzy just does not do that.
                  I get that Izzie is a person first, surgeon second (she said that to Bailey) but at this point she's not even a person. Her love for George seems to have come from nowhere it feels like and has made her just look silly to everyone. The problem for me is that I don't even know how they are going to resolve it so things can go back to the way they were /sigh

                  She was my favourite character.. it was so hard to watch her take months to get over Denny and now this!!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X