How I Met Your Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Met Your Mother

I just finished watching the second season on DVD, and really enjoyed the season 3 premeir last week.

Who else is just inlove with this show? I think it really is one of the better sitcoms to come out in the last couple of years. Its ashame it doesn't get the proper attention, cause it really is hilarious and just so clever. It really is a new and improved Friends.

Also, Alyson is great. But my favorite parts are all the Canada jokes XD and who didn't love Robin Sparkles?

I do quite like it as far as sitcoms with a laugh track go. I got season two and haven't watched it yet but I have seen nearly half the season. Robin Sparkles is hilarity!

I also haven't watched s3 premiere yet. Will do soon enough, I am sure.

Season one was fantastic and has loads of funny in it.

I do recommend that folks give it a shot. You might be surprised by it. And Barney is such a classic character already. NPH definitely deserved that Emmy nomination.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

It is legend-wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant-dary. (couldn't help my self) How I met your mother is really the only sitcom I watch on a regular basis. It's excellent-love Alyson Hannigon's character and Neil Patrick Harris is brilliant. And yes Robin Sparkles' music video is hysterical. The extended version was online (probably still is) if you haven't seen it. My favorite part was how she was gonna rock til Canada Day!
      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

I love this show so much! I started season 1 when it began because I always thought Alsyon was great at comedy and I've not been disappointed!

I just got the DVDs and last night finished season 1 for the second time. I love a finale that gives you that happy feeling one minute and tears the next!

Season 2 has to be my favourite so far though. Barney is my favourite character and I love his chemistry with Lily (Lilypad and Marshmallow ) the episode where they live together to help Barney get rid of his one night stands is just brilliant

Season 3 does look to be good so far, I can't wait for more Robin Sparkles as promised this season

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Season 3 does look to be good so far, I can't wait for more Robin Sparkles as promised this season
          More Robin Sparkles? For reals? Ohh I can't wait, the full video on the DVD is so funny I just can't stop watching it.

I just watched tonights episode, 3.02. Gotta say, I love how they are bringing back some season 1 characters, cause it feels real that Ted would see these people again. The episode was just so funny.

Spoiler:
          Bringing back the Pinapple girl was just the best. And having Lily, Marshal and Barney in the room coaching him on the "Tricycle" god, I couldn't stop laughing.
          Though wasn't all for Robin's story line, but it was nice to see her branching out, I like when the characters get solo stories.
          Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 09-10-07, 07:19 AM.

Comment

The video is on the s2 dvd? I haven't even noticed yet. AWESOMENESS!!

Btw, DigLeo. Your spoiler font thingy didn't work. You have an extra S at the end of the end code.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
              The video is on the s2 dvd? I haven't even noticed yet. AWESOMENESS!!

Btw, DigLeo. Your spoiler font thingy didn't work. You have an extra S at the end of the end code.
              Its on disc two under special features. Its kind of hidden away, but it was a nice surprise to find it, though a commentary would have been the cherry on top, but just having the video is great.

v.v oh... Tiss what I get for rushing my posts. Thanks for catching that, cause I wouldn't have.

Comment

I don't know if people have seen this Slap Bet Countdown Clock but it ties in with the series when Barney will be getting is 3rd of 5 slaps from Marshall.
                It times down to be on the airing of the November 19th episode.

Its kind of funny to see CBS do this. Barney gets the email to the link at the end of the first episode of season 3.

Gosh, I love the slap bet thing^^

Comment

First, I begin to watch it just for Lily but then I couldn't stop watching it
                  It was hard to get used to Lily character, after Willow but now I enjoy it, Lily&Marshall, so nice couple by the way.
                  Also I love Barney and his relations with girls Fun, fun fun!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I just got into the show already about a week ago.

I love it so much....it is so hilarious! lol

Alyson's hair from season 1 changed alot (the color that is). Like the new look.
                    Last edited by CanadianBtVSFan; 08-11-07, 12:24 AM. Reason: Mentioning illegal activities!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
                      It is legend-wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant-dary. (couldn't help my self)
                      That's now my facebook status! Loving loving Barney. Just started watching it and is soooo funny. Think the main character is a dick, but love AH, her doofus fiance and...Barney is my favourite. Robyn, not sure about yet. No idea who this Robin Sparkles person is, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

The kids are annoying, but someone said they kinda disappear after a while?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                        I don't know if people have seen this Slap Bet Countdown Clock but it ties in with the series when Barney will be getting is 3rd of 5 slaps from Marshall.
                        It times down to be on the airing of the November 19th episode.

Its kind of funny to see CBS do this. Barney gets the email to the link at the end of the first episode of season 3.

Gosh, I love the slap bet thing^^
                        Lol, when I watched the Slap-Bet episode, I thought it was one of those things that would just sort of be forgotten, you know how some shows are with continuity right? And then when Barney was doing his "play" and Marshall just suddenly smacked him saying 'that was two' I thought that was actually hilarious, I had completely forgotten about the slap-bet until then. And then I really loved how they brought it back into in season three with the count-down clock, I was sitting giggling away at it.

I just got the s1 and 2 DVDs during the summer and watched HIMYM but am really enjoying it. Have only watched first 3 eps of season 3 I think, but have the rest to watch, I like watching a few together though, as it makes for a fun night, :P

And I sooo did not know the Robin Sparkles vid was on the DVDs I totally have to check it out! *squeeeee!*

SJ
                        xox
                        sigpic
                        Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

So how'd y'all like the third slap? Haha, Marshall wrote a song for it too. It actually wasn't the best ep but it was still good nonetheless. The Robin/Ted relapse was inevitable I think but it was nice that they could reconcile at the end there.

I changed my usertitle a few days ago too! It was too good to resist! I can't believe I didn't think of it before.
                          sigpic

Comment

Heh, I love the new user-title!

I have just watched the last couple of episodes and am now completely up to date. I have to admit the slapsgiving episode wasn't the best one ever, I just didn't find the whole old guy thing funny I guess, or the Ted and Robin stuff... meh.

But I did love the Marshall and Barney stuff with the slapbet, It was brilliant. And I really quite liked the third slap, although, it take the 'surprise' out of it from a viewer's point of view... that second one was brilliant because I just totally forgotten about the bet so it really caught me off guard, (I mean ok so I wanted to slap Barney while he was doing his 'play' but still!)

SJ
                            xox
                            sigpic
                            Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

I'm not up to this slapbet yet...wish I was though, sounds legendary. Can't stop quoting Barney in all parts of my life.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Oh, you must get caught up on season two. The slap bet begins in the ninth episode. Coincidentally, it is also the hysterical Robin Sparkles ep everyone keeps talking about as well. A truly epic episode...so good, I promise!!
                                sigpic

Comment

The last few of season 3 have not been as strong as the last couple of seasons, and I hope with the writers strike this won't give CBS a reason to can the show.
                                  The slapsgiving episodes was meh, I much prefered the Thanksgiving episode in season 1 when Lily goes to Marshal's hometown. That salad was the funniest thing EVER!

I agree the slap wasn't as funny, the second one was great cause you totaly forget and I hope they do that with the 4th and 5th... it was 5 right? I liked the song, but the episodes itself was lacking, but it is still one of the only good sitcoms on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
                                    I agree the slap wasn't as funny, the second one was great cause you totaly forget and I hope they do that with the 4th and 5th... it was 5 right? I liked the song, but the episodes itself was lacking, but it is still one of the only good sitcoms on right now.
                                    Yeah, it's 5.

It really is one of the only good sitcoms. I actually don't care for sitcoms with a laugh track very much nowadays because now they are making so many without them. And I like that. I like My Name is Earl and Samantha Who? and Scrubs. And I know I would like The Office. I have seen a few eps and liked them; I just haven't gotten into it and will have to get the dvds one day. And none of those have the laugh track. BUt some great sitcoms have had one that I love: Seinfeld is like the best ever! And Friends and Cheers and That 70s Show.

Anyway, off topic kinda. I think we only have one new HIMYM ep left. I wonder how those talks with the strike went yesterday. I hope we hear some good news later today!!
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                      Yeah, it's 5.

It really is one of the only good sitcoms. I actually don't care for sitcoms with a laugh track very much nowadays because now they are making so many without them. And I like that. I like My Name is Earl and Samantha Who? and Scrubs. And I know I would like The Office. I have seen a few eps and liked them; I just haven't gotten into it and will have to get the dvds one day. And none of those have the laugh track. BUt some great sitcoms have had one that I love: Seinfeld is like the best ever! And Friends and Cheers and That 70s Show.

Anyway, off topic kinda. I think we only have one new HIMYM ep left. I wonder how those talks with the strike went yesterday. I hope we hear some good news later today!!
                                      I agree, I've never been too into Sitcoms, the only other one I REALLY like is Reba. I mean there are good ones, but none that really draw me in that I would buy the series.

One new episode? v.v... Dang. That kinda sucks, cause I always like the christmas episodes, and it would kinda suck if we didn't get one from HIMYM this season.

Comment

I really enjoyed this week's episode, I think it started out slow but showed some nice time between Robin and Ted. And I laughed so much at Ted's view of Bob and the whole slapbet thing, they did really build it up which I think wouldn't have worked as well if Lily hadn't cancelled it then gone back on it! But Marshall's song, I was close to really rolling on the floor lmao! :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                                        X