The Office US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Office US

...Because I have entirely too much time on my hands tonight, and I know that there are fellow Dunderheads about.

Well, even with the hour-long episodes, this will be short-ish just to get the initial laughs out Is there a spoiler tag rule for episodes that have just aired? To be safe, I'll just remove the spoiler tags in a few days for easier viewing...
    Spoiler:

Okay, well this episode literally had me ROFLing (because I happened to be sitting on the floor). I just need the waffles now.
    Toby Poor guy. I don't know why I was laughing so hard at him outing PB&J because I really feel so bad for him. I so loved him telling them that only people in relationships need to fill out those "We're dating" forms.

It's okay, it's okay...I haven't abandoned my love for Jim and Pam. It just still worries me a little bit that they're actually together now Of course, air five and secret-sharing cuteness makes me forget that for awhile. (I still miss Karen though.) Score one for Kevin and his awesome detective skillz. And check out all the hostility! Toby's PDA reminders, Dwight thinking they could both do better, and Angela's office mattress comment

Creed plus printer-ink hair dye equals

Poor Kelly (no, stop it J.j. It's not funny!) Ryan's douchebagginess has once again not failed me. From Kelly's "pregnancy" and the awkward hitting on Pam. Oh goodness, I'm dead. (But, ew. The thought of him and Karen just would never have sat well with me ) I totally loved Jan making fun of his beard.

*sigh* Dwight and Angela make me want to cry. Jim is a slut and totally jinxed it by telling Pam...so I tell myself. And I think he and Dwight are no longer even

Also, to stop myself from going on forever about how big a Karen fan I am...
    Spoiler:
    Ausiello: Jim and Pam are finally happy, so you know what that means: It's time for Karen to put in an appearance! Rashida Jones is due back on the set next week to shoot scenes at Karen's new place of employ. Office producers are currently casting the role of her assistant, a twentysomething metrosexual who is friendly and has a good energy. Meanwhile, I hear new bossman Ryan is also in the market for an assistant - and she's smokin'. According to the casting notice, she's in her early twenties, businesslike, attractive and smart. In other words, Kelly's worst nightmare come true!

would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Spoiler:
    I heard that Karen is supposedly regional manager in Utica? That will turn for interesting tv .. I have a feeling Jim is going to rethink his choices .. even with the whole "Ryan is awesome" convo wit Kevin and Andy showed that perhaps Jim might regret what could've been his life?

Comment

Has anyone else checked out the dundermifflininfinity.com site. It's totally over the top-folks can work in virtual branches and earn Shrute bucks by completing tasks. I kinda want to try and recruit a Buffyforum crew, but I'm worried that it will be too addictive and time consuming.

Great season thus far.
      "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

I'm sort of liking the hour-long episodes. Ideally, I'd love for the supersized episodes to return, but I know that it would be a pain to syndicate.

Also? Kelly is the most amazing character ever. Ditto for poor Andy. Hook up, already Creed, too, is amazing, though I really don't need him to get involved in the hooking up.

I'm slightly worried about Jam (or PB&J, if you will). That they're together in episode 1 (with 23 more Thursdays to go) leaves me feeling that something's going to happen...something big and/or bad. They could prove me wrong, though, and I wouldn't be upset about it.
        Scripted Fandoms: Angel l Buffy l Grey's Anatomy l Harry Potter l Lost l The Office l Smallville
        Unscripted Fandoms: The Amazing Race l America's Next Top Model l Project Runway l Top Chef

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian's Kitten View Post
          Has anyone else checked out the dundermifflininfinity.com site. It's totally over the top-folks can work in virtual branches and earn Shrute bucks by completing tasks. I kinda want to try and recruit a Buffyforum crew, but I'm worried that it will be too addictive and time consuming.

Great season thus far.
          LMAO...I wanted to start one but had the same worries (Can they convert to Stanley Nickels?)

Spoiler:
          I have a feeling Jim is going to rethink his choices .. even with the whole "Ryan is awesome" convo wit Kevin and Andy showed that perhaps Jim might regret what could've been his life?
          They like to mention how he could do so much more and he has no future in Scranton...and now Karen and Ryan are moving on up :/ So I don't think he's going to be content there forever...

Originally posted by Zack View Post
          I'm slightly worried about Jam (or PB&J, if you will). That they're together in episode 1 (with 23 more Thursdays to go) leaves me feeling that something's going to happen...something big and/or bad. They could prove me wrong, though, and I wouldn't be upset about it.
          Yeah, as big a Karen fan I am, I'll always want Jim/Pam, but it worries me that they're so happy and cute now. (Unless, they're really just gearing up for Flenderson/Beesley '08 )
          Last edited by little albatross; 06-10-07, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I want Garbage!

"Wow we should have started dating a long time ago."
            -Uh... DUH JIM!

"You can't base your clients on who you're sleeping with that week"
            -Phyllis needs to to stop hanging out with Angela

Originally posted by HuffySchwin View Post
            Spoiler:
            I heard that Karen is supposedly regional manager in Utica? That will turn for interesting tv .. I have a feeling Jim is going to rethink his choices .. even with the whole "Ryan is awesome" convo wit Kevin and Andy showed that perhaps Jim might regret what could've been his life?
            Hmm, I don't think he will reconsider him choosing Pam over the Job,or even think for a second that he should have taken the job, but I think that he may want to become more than what he is.

The thing that works with Jim and Pam is that they both can do way better than Scranton, and should Jim want to take a job in New York Pam could go with him and honestly I think that she would. The great thing about New York is all the great opportunities for artists and it would be great for Pam.

God I love how well that could work out. *mega happy*

Originally posted by Zack View Post
            I'm sort of liking the hour-long episodes. Ideally, I'd love for the supersized episodes to return, but I know that it would be a pain to syndicate.

Also? Kelly is the most amazing character ever. Ditto for poor Andy. Hook up, already Creed, too, is amazing, though I really don't need him to get involved in the hooking up.

Oh cheese, I can so see Andy trying to hit on Kelly Kapoor. And in the background we can see Creed dyeing his hair with toner

Speaking of other couples, how cute was Jan and Michael? They feel so much like a real couple while having lunch in his office. Just so damn cute!

I hate how much the Jossverse has corrupted our optimism for couples... not to mention Veronica Mars... Damn you Rob and Joss v.v Hopefully The Office can get it right *prays*

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
            Spoiler:

They like to mention how he could do so much more and he has no future in Scranton...and now Karen and Ryan are moving on up :/ So I don't think he's going to be content there forever...

Yeah, as big a Karen fan I am, I'll always want Jim/Pam, but it worries me that they're so happy and cute now. (Unless, they're really just gearing up for Flenderson/Beesley '08 )
            I can see him no longer happy with his job, but yeah... see above

I love me some Toby, but nooooooo! Poor guy.

Jan is so much more fun without a job, I want he to just knee Ryan in the balls for being a mega douchebag.

PB&J = and Kevin rawks for that.'

EDIT:
            Best quote so far?
            Spoiler:
            "Guess he can't get any girl he wants"
            -Jim

Oh and since when did Kevin become like Andy? Not really liking that :/
            Last edited by EndersWrath; 06-10-07, 06:28 AM.
            Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
              Jan is so much more fun without a job, I want he to just knee Ryan in the balls for being a mega douchebag.
              I loved her treating him like the little kiddy temp he is That's even better than Karen reading Jim the e-mail with Temp asking her out (the d-bag lied about it to Kelly!). Or Kevin giving him noogies (which I did find a bit, um...odd) Anywiggle, like Kevin would say...Fire guy jokes never get old. That bastard trying to get Kelly outsourced. And poor Toby, first witnessing PB&J PDA and then once again having to overhear Kelly and Ryan. I know that I just strung together random Ryan complaints, but I think the main point is that...he's a, um, jackass.

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
              I love me some Toby, but nooooooo! Poor guy.
              Worry not, dude. I was just joking

Comment

I don't have much to add besides Creed is the best person in the world. Who dyes their hair with toner? Creed does! Because he is just that cool.

"Hey bra'. I've been meaning to ask you. Can we get some Red Bull for these things? Sometimes a guy's gotta ride the bull. Am I right? Later skater. "

I could not love him more.
                Last edited by Nikole; 06-10-07, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Aw, no love for the past episodes of The Office? To be fair, Launch Party was pretty meh, but Money was uncharacteristically moody and yet awesome.

Kelly/Darryl is quite possibly, the best couple ever? "Who says exactly what's on their mind? What kind of game is that?" Indeed, Kelly :lol
                  Scripted Fandoms: Angel l Buffy l Grey's Anatomy l Harry Potter l Lost l The Office l Smallville
                  Unscripted Fandoms: The Amazing Race l America's Next Top Model l Project Runway l Top Chef

Comment

Spoilers for this weeks ep, and last weeks ep 'Money'...

Spoiler:
                    Aww! Angela really misses Dwight! How cute is that? D! And I love how An'D'y thinks that it is about him and that Dwight is cheering for him. I really am not happy about this thing between Andy and Angela, I mean she hates that guy almost as much as she hated Ryan'thedoucheextemp'/Kelly, but I guess it would be the best way to get back at Dwight.

And how sad is it that he recaptured Garbage and gave him to her? That was Dwights present!

I literally fell out of my chair laughing when Michael said that Ryan was being a little bitch again I am gonna have to make that into an icon ASAP!

This was a pretty good ep though, I mean how great was that video? Way better than the lame CFO chose. Stanley as the 'Urban' guy that is an ex con... oh jeez!

On the PB&J end, not much in this episode, though I guess its good not to have huge things (thats what she said) about them in each episode, I mean we got a ton of 'em in 'Money' and I am forever thankful for that and will never eat Italian food the same without squeeing in utter joy, it has to be one of the top three episodes ever! I mean you get Dwight at the Beet Farm, PB&J WITH Dwight on the Beet Farm... and super emo Dwight!

It was pretty cute when the bartender asked if Pam liked to ride motorcycles and then Jim put his arm around her So awesome.

SECOND LIFE!!!! I almost died when I saw that on there, I have heard about it on the radio, and they made it sound like a really adultish version of The Sims or something. I loved that Dwight has played so much that he has a second life game inside of the game and about Pam cracking on Jims character!

Yeesh, sorry for mixing 'Money' in with this weeks episode

Comment

Not no love, Zack...Just lazy. And that's a horrible excuse.

Spoiler:
                      Stanley as the urban guy in the commercial made my night. I wanna give him a pretzel for his awesome work.

Andy and Angela is completely disturbing, and I made a scared freaked-out face at the camera when he was talking about necking with Angela. Eww. Sure, I have his Take a Chance on Me as a ringtone on my phone right now, but that's because ABBA + Office = something funny for my friend and I to laugh about between classes. Andy disturbs me on a general basis, and I would love to see Dwight completely kick his ass one day. (Oh, D...)

Second, second life! WOO! I think I am in love with Jim's second life. He's a rocker and a sports writer? Pretty hot!

How cute is it that Pam stayed up doing the animation...And Dwight stayed up watching Michael edit the commercial that was a real team effort and pretty freaking awesome. David Wallace and Ryan Howard: Stifling Awesomeness and Creativity.

And please tell me that I'm not the only one who went back to my Harry Potter book after Money.

Me...on Ryan. (That's what she said. And yes, I have been waiting to use that one. )

*sigh* Going back and watching all the seasons, I keep going back and forth with him. Well, with season 1, I was pretty indifferent. But I really loved him in season 2. And season 3, I really appreciated DoucheyEx-Temp von Firestarter moments...most of the time. And there were those times when I would think...man, what a #(%[email protected] (<-- my actual words). But for the most part, I enjoyed him (like making lemo?ad? for Oscar's party). Now, I hate him and enjoy his a-holeness because they make fun of him for it. Yet, I still get some awesome Ryan moments that I love. Like trying to stare Darryl down and chickening out at last minute. Why must you give me mixed feelings, little dude? Also, "Ryan used me as an object" in its context is my favorite line ever.

Originally posted by Creed Thoughts
                      Some kid's been coming around saying how he wants to replace everyone with robots and calculators and little pieces of fruit
                      I worship Creed. He freaking rules. And I don't see why it was such a high priority for Ryan to have everybody learn how to use Powerpoint. WOO! Let's all make our titles fly in from the top left corner!

Comment

The second song was just the most awesome thing to ever awesome

That...was great. Note to NBC - hour-long episodes are okay, but not in 4 successive weeks. Everyone was just pitch perfect and I don't know what I love more - the reasonable wrench thrown in PB&J, the use of Second Life, the Kit-Kat gag or the fact that Michael's commercial didn't suck. Hmm.

"You're right, it's better than you...it's us." Darryl is amazing

Comment

From the previews, I was really wondering how the hell they would get Jim to go along with Utica scheme...and those disguises. At least he was just trying to stop Dwight from bombing the place *note to self: make a Jim camera-mugging face smiley*

Karen! Because I love/worship/adore/worship-some-more Karen and Rashida Jones. I was kind of waiting for her to turn into the next Jan. Is it just me or does she wear more makeup now...It's nice to see she hasn't turned to dresses and skirts, and sticks to her sharp pant suits! The whole boys go to Utica thing was really silly, but I did love the part where Karen spotted Jim. The camera got Jim caught And then the awkward talk in her office...um, yeah. Poor Jim. His face when he found out that Michael and Dwight were taking him to Utica...although, I don't know how bad I feel after he dumped her ass and left her crying by a fountain in New York.

Haha...Of course Michael would try to trade Toby for Stanley.

Okay, honestly, I was hoping for the finer things club as a chance to see more Toby pining for Pam. BUT(!) keeping Andy out of anything...just makes me smile. (Did I mention the part where he disturbs me?) I loved how Pam was apologizing for letting Jim in. And Aww, Toby had a bow tie!

No Ryan. That makes my life so much easier this week...it turns off the big debate in my head for a few days. Although, I was watching the deleted scenes from Cocktails the other night and then Take Your Daughter to Work Day, and I love how terrified of Stanley he is

Comment

Is it me or has the office been feeling a bit un-officey lately? Well at least up until thursdays ep. That felt like a true office episode. I felt really bad for michael/jan though. Those two go through so much with each other and I love every moment of it.

I almost died of laughter when they read the Ryan part out of Michaels diary and then Toby gave out that made of win laugh. Take that Michael! Knocking over poor Toby's tray... and of course Toby's parents got a divorce. I'm expecting a deleted scene of Michael talking about that.

I'm not really a fan of the Kelly and Darryl relationship...but I do like this Kelly hehe...her and her smack...not trash ... talk, its just made out of win.

Oh Pam and Jim...how you manage to make me swoon without even actually doing that much. I hearted so much when she wanted him to defend her honor...of smack talk though I am really missing their pranks on Dwight like hardcore status...so I hope we get more of them when the show returns *crosses fingers*

Well that's the last new episode until the strike is over...so support your WGA and help get this show back inti works...I need my office thursdays!

Comment

I feel like Jim is losing his cool points with me. I think most of them came from the pranks. I'm glad they've been so nice to Dwight lately, but man. I think they can treat him normally now. Or god, at least do something to Andy. When he decided to defend Pam's honor was sweet though. And Dwight kicks his ass at Ping Pong, AND calls him a dumbass. Dwight rules. Which is why they should be allowed to prank him again.

Oh. My. God. Toby laughing about the Ryan thing totally made my night. Like really. That whole Ryan thing in general was made of win. Except for the actual part with Ryan. Because I hate him (right now) and his disgusting beard. Oh, wait, no! I loved the Post-It note scene with him. But the other Ryan scene, where he's a manipulative snake using the "friendship" Michael wants with him...ick. The only thing that would have made the whole scene of them discussing Ryan, the other woman, is if Ryan was in there giving one of his terrified "Ryan the Cowardly Temp" looks at the camera. But it would not have made sense for him to be in that room. And the beard would have creeped me out anyway, so it would have actually just ruined it. Did I mention that he should shave the beard?

I don't mind Darryl/Kelly so much, but I'm just too Ryan/Kelly FTW because they entertain me to no end. I love Darryl, but I'm most entertained by his scenes with Michael. Or him just being...cool and Darryl-like. Kelly talking smack, like I got the evidence RIGHT THERE, was hilarious. After awhile I would have smacked her if I was Pam though. I loved that they finally just decided to settle the matter themselves

Michael/Jan made me sad. They are pretty much my favorite couple (them and Ryan/Kelly) on the show. What made me the most sad is that his reasoning behind taking the company's side over hers actually made sense to me.

MOSE!

Comment

Working...
                              X