Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Not pretty... not pretty!"

Zachary Levi is *incredibly* funny, I think he has real star potential. And, Yvonne Strahovski, who I had never even heard of but apparently has a great stage career, is going to be doing movies soon, I'm sure.

Only thing I'd wanted out of Bryce that we didn't get would have been some more gymnastics insanity like from the pilot.

Ladies, which phone should Sarah answer?
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Well, Sarah should choose Chuck's phone call, of course!!

And SayJay, yes...I am pretty sure new eps return in January. But there are only two more at this point.

And I do think they will have to return to the Bryce story. Maybe. I mean, they did explain how he was still alive and all that but the Jill question still hangs overhead....why did Bryce "steal" his girlfriend? Did he do it only to make it even easier for Chuck to leave Standford after he was kicked out or is there more to the story?
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

why did Bryce "steal" his girlfriend?
        Well, despite the whole 'protect him from the CIA' angle, he may also still just be an ass
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
          Well, despite the whole 'protect him from the CIA' angle, he may also still just be an ass

Yeah, I get that. But he doesn't seem like one. Which makes me believe there might have been some ulterior motive.

Or maybe not.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I'm rewatching the episode now. In real life, they always answer Bryce's phone.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

I still reckon that Jill is part of the CIA, :P and that perhaps her relationship with Bryce was just a cover, and helpful for Bryce to push Chuck further away to keep him safe, :P Besides if Jill was part of the CIA then Bryce might have told her that they were planning on recruiting Chuck and she might have known that Bryce was planning on getting Chuck kicked out the whole time, :O

Total speculation of course, I know absolution nothing about Jill, :P

SJ
              xox
              sigpic
              Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Perhaps Jill was actually an Irina Derevo and spying for the other side. So when Chuck didn't go CIA, she jumped ship. Btw, do we know when Bryce stole Jill?

I interpreted the show ending as her picking up Chuck's phone. We hear Chuck buzz and then Bryce ring and then silence instead of Chuck's buzzing. Anyway that's the way I interpreted.

Originally posted by KingofCretins
                In real life, they always answer Bryce's phone.
                The hell? Do you mean that hot girls always choose the hot guy over the nerdy guy? *disgust*

Because the situation I saw was Sarah had a long time boyfriend who was making one last call to her. Whereas she could talk to Chuck anytime, or heck, even call him back.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Little more complicated than all that -- it really wasn't a "hotness" concept. But, seriously, if the Chuck Bartowskis got over in those situations with any frequency, there wouldn't be a show about Chuck Bartowski.
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Perhaps.

But I know most chicks I know would go for the Chuck over the Bryce. Not all, but most.

Anyway, we know she isn't leaving with Bryce. She's a regular on the show with too much chemistry with the lead!

Which reminds me...I also loved that scene where Chuck goes to Casey's door and how Casey was actually nice to him. Except for that line about finding him another girl. Man, Adam rules!

And again...anyone know that song that was playing at the end? I love it. Must, have. I will have to try and search it out. It's gotta be online somewhere. I'm gonna go check some sources....

EDIT: I found http://nbcchuck.wordpress.com/music-from-chuck/
                    sigpic

Comment

Casey could have been nicer. I thought they'd gotten a bit more chummy with the whole flower so Chuck can get laid thing. I guess Casey may prefer to be standoffish since he was told (was it really in the pilot?) that he's meant to kill Chuck when the new Intersect is ready.

Not sure about the song, but it was cool. They do a solid job on getting music for this show.

Maybe Chuck was trying to maintain his relationship with Jill *after* getting booted and Bryce stole her from him because Chuck continuing that tie to Stanford might keep him on the CIA's radar.

Bryce seems like a decent enough guy, and I'm glad they had more of him -- if you go back to the top of the thread, one of my few complaints was that there should have been more Bryce-gymnastics. Didn't really get them, but that was a very well-choreographed fight scene. I think it was an intentional "homage", or, if you prefer, rip-off, of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Not sure about the song, but it was cool. They do a solid job on getting music for this show.
                        Yeah they do. It's to be expected though I guess. The O.C. had some truly awesome tunes in it and I listen to quite a few of those still. A few awesome ones pop into mind. It's nice to know Schwartz has kept music an integral part of the storytelling. I don't know if I would have liked The O.C. very much if it didn't have such a killer soundtrack.

if you go back to the top of the thread, one of my few complaints was that there should have been more Bryce-gymnastics.
                        Yes, I did read that. And I have to concur because the first thing that hooked me into the pilot was that amazing opening. Again, very Alias-esque.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised I haven't seen Matthew Bomer in other stuff -- he has the full on swarthy-but-handsome action hero look down. And, like I said, I think this show will be a huge starmaker for both Yvonne Strahovski and Zachary Levi.

One mystery... it seems like Sarah Lancaster gets the "and" treatment that shows usually reserve for their "whoo-hoo, looks who's on our show!" spot in the credits. Should I know who she is? I can't think of anything I've seen her in besides "Chuck".
                          sigpic
                          Banner by LRae12

Comment

One mystery... it seems like Sarah Lancaster gets the "and" treatment that shows usually reserve for their "whoo-hoo, looks who's on our show!" spot in the credits. Should I know who she is? I can't think of anything I've seen her in besides "Chuck".

Actually, she gets the "WITH" credit. Adam gets the "AND."

She was in Everwood and What About Brian? I don't know why she got high billing. *shrugs*
                            sigpic

Comment

Casey could have been nicer. I thought they'd gotten a bit more chummy with the whole flower so Chuck can get laid thing. I guess Casey may prefer to be standoffish since he was told (was it really in the pilot?) that he's meant to kill Chuck when the new Intersect is ready.
                              I really like what Bryce said in the show about how he has one friend in the world but Chuck had a room and store full of them; I think that's kind of fitting for Casey too, but he's more hardened himself to the being alone thing, so I reckon it's a little bit of that, that is hindering any kind of real friendship he could have with Chuck, he's not had a friend like Chuck before so perhaps just doesn't know when to be nice?

But I agree that the fact he'll have orders to get rid of Chuck when the time comes is a big factor, in this episode he told Chuck that he killed Bryce purely based on 'Orders' so I guess, he has to be sure he won't hesitate when he gets the kill order for Chuck. But I'm assuming that before that time comes, Casey and Chuck will be better friends! :P

SJ
                              xox
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                                But I agree that the fact he'll have orders to get rid of Chuck when the time comes is a big factor, in this episode he told Chuck that he killed Bryce purely based on 'Orders' so I guess, he has to be sure he won't hesitate when he gets the kill order for Chuck. But I'm assuming that before that time comes, Casey and Chuck will be better friends! :P
                                Oh, that would be a great story later on! Casey does take "orders" and it would interesting to see him finding those orders difficult to fulfill. They will go down this path, I think. It almost seems inevitable!
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                                  Oh, that would be a great story later on! Casey does take "orders" and it would interesting to see him finding those orders difficult to fulfill. They will go down this path, I think. It almost seems inevitable!
                                  *fingers crossed* I would be quite dissappointed in Casey if he just automatically followed orders and was willing to kill Chuck - I reckon that Chuck's grown on him and he hasn't even realised it until the order comes through later. But it would be interesting to see how the NSA wold react to Casey's inability to kill Chuck, considering he is known as a cold hard killer in their eyes, and the CIA's eyes. So I guess there would be consequences of not following the orders that would make him more likely to kill Chuck.

I think it would be interesting to see Casey fake an attempt of Chuck's life, and for him to report Chuck is dead, and for Bryce to come back and keep Chuck safe, since Fulcram would belive the intersect is dead. Mwa ha, of course, that would mean Chuck would have to leave the buy-more and Ellie, which would suck. I am rambling now.

Guess, we'll need to wait and see when it comes back in January, I can't wait until then!!!
                                  SJ
                                  xox
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                                    *fingers crossed* I would be quite dissappointed in Casey if he just automatically followed orders and was willing to kill Chuck - I reckon that Chuck's grown on him and he hasn't even realised it until the order comes through later. But it would be interesting to see how the NSA wold react to Casey's inability to kill Chuck, considering he is known as a cold hard killer in their eyes, and the CIA's eyes. So I guess there would be consequences of not following the orders that would make him more likely to kill Chuck.

I think it would be interesting to see Casey fake an attempt of Chuck's life, and for him to report Chuck is dead, and for Bryce to come back and keep Chuck safe, since Fulcram would belive the intersect is dead. Mwa ha, of course, that would mean Chuck would have to leave the buy-more and Ellie, which would suck. I am rambling now.

Guess, we'll need to wait and see when it comes back in January, I can't wait until then!!!
                                    SJ
                                    xox
                                    Actually, Chuck's still new next week. So, we'll get to see what happens sooner than later.

Comment

Ok, so I FINALLY sat down to watch this episode, and i must say that it was my favorite episode to date! Everything about it was perfect, from the drama and suspense to the roll on the floor comedy...

I actually gasped out loud when the car smashed into Bryce's window...though I shouldn't have been surprised seeing as how S4 of Alias ended... But I was surprised. I thought Sarah and Bryce had awesome chemistry - and I liked how even Chuck thought they were great together in the store. Nice camera work with the slow-mo fighting 'look' they shared...

The Black Friday scene was so hysterical that I actually scared my cat from laughing so hard...especially when the one nerd (doesn't ANYBODY know his name! ) told Morgan 'Pineapple' and Morgan dropped that huge TV on his head and knocked him out cold! Then later when Morgan was dashing to 'save' Anna he threw the megaphone and knocked him out again! That was sooooo funny!

I liked Anna's snarkyness to Ellie...it's so true of a lot of women! Her 'hussy' comment was too funny! Then Morgan couldn't stomach her green beans and went gaga over Ellie's sweet potatoes! Oooh, the food wars....and that's so TRUE! It is such a faux pas to like another's cooking over your girlfriend's...Morgan has much to learn...

Casey is slowly becoming my absolute favorite character though, and I liked the foreshadowing they threw in in this episode about him 'following orders' when he was told to kill Bryce...you know that's coming to play soon. I loved when Bryce came out in his tux describing his new assignment and Casey was all wistful.... Love Casey.

Anywho, glad we still get one new eppy before the Christmas break...and here's what Titan TV had to say about December 3rd's episode:

Spoiler:

Chuck Versus the Crown Vic (New) 8:00 PM, 1 hr
                                      Mon 12/03/2007

Chuck poses as Sarah's husband to take down a counterfeiting yachtsman with strong political ties. Back at Buy More, the staffers take part in the store's annual holiday party, but the event comes with strict guidelines from Big Mike (Mark Christopher Lawrence).
                                      Cast & Credits: Zachary Levi, Adam Baldwin, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Sarah Lancaster

Spoiler:
                                      This looks super interesting - with Chuck & Sarah being thrown together and hopefully can work through some of their Bryce issues. Plus the Buy More Holiday party is sure to be a hoot!
                                      Can't wait!
                                      sigpic

Comment

I actually gasped out loud when the car smashed into Bryce's window...though I shouldn't have been surprised seeing as how S4 of Alias ended... But I was surprised. I thought Sarah and Bryce had awesome chemistry - and I liked how even Chuck thought they were great together in the store. Nice camera work with the slow-mo fighting 'look' they shared...
                                        After the Alias thing, it's become an almost trite device, to be honest. They've done it on "Bionic Woman", too.

The slow-mo fight was pretty cool. Oh, loved Chuck's "are you kidding me, some kid could find that!" outrage at Casey's weapon stash.

The Black Friday scene was so hysterical that I actually scared my cat from laughing so hard...especially when the one nerd (doesn't ANYBODY know his name! ) told Morgan 'Pineapple' and Morgan dropped that huge TV on his head and knocked him out cold! Then later when Morgan was dashing to 'save' Anna he threw the megaphone and knocked him out again! That was sooooo funny!
                                        He's Jeff The smaller guy is Lester.

I liked Anna's snarkyness to Ellie...it's so true of a lot of women! Her 'hussy' comment was too funny! Then Morgan couldn't stomach her green beans and went gaga over Ellie's sweet potatoes! Oooh, the food wars....and that's so TRUE! It is such a faux pas to like another's cooking over your girlfriend's...Morgan has much to learn...
                                        Morgan isn't smart enough to realize that, of course -- he's just lucky Anna took him back. Ellie seemed a little bit too pleased about Morgan's reaction though. I'd never imply that there is an Ellie/Morgan 'ship -- but either she really has warmed up to him, or she never hated him as much as she acted like.

Casey is slowly becoming my absolute favorite character though, and I liked the foreshadowing they threw in in this episode about him 'following orders' when he was told to kill Bryce...you know that's coming to play soon. I loved when Bryce came out in his tux describing his new assignment and Casey was all wistful.... Love Casey.
                                        Casey is a very cool cat, in general. I love the singularity of action to him -- he isn't conflicted the way many people are about what he needs to do. I thought it was frickin' cool how he just plugged Bryce as soon as he entered his apartment.
                                        sigpic
                                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

He's Jeff The smaller guy is Lester.
                                          JeFF! Well, of course!

Morgan isn't smart enough to realize that, of course -- he's just lucky Anna took him back. Ellie seemed a little bit too pleased about Morgan's reaction though. I'd never imply that there is an Ellie/Morgan 'ship -- but either she really has warmed up to him, or she never hated him as much as she acted like.
                                          See, I don't think that was Ellie's real reaction...I think we were seeing it through Anna's eyes... I think Ellie probably gave a polite smile for real...

Casey is a very cool cat, in general. I love the singularity of action to him -- he isn't conflicted the way many people are about what he needs to do. I thought it was frickin' cool how he just plugged Bryce as soon as he entered his apartment.
                                          I know, the was sweet. But I also loved Casey's face as he was bending over Chuck when he was doped up...'pretty' for Sarah, and then 'bah - ugly!' for Casey...that was priceless!
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X