Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    First, Yes that look was priceless!! http://caps.lostemilie.com/displayim...album=5&pos=56

Second, your not supposed to be traumatized by Rachel Bilson. I just meant that I wasn't sure she would fit into the show. Maybe I should have worded that better. But it seems it worked out fine! She is actually quite endearing on The OC...after her suer bitchiness of the first half of the first season of course.
    Yes, and apparently Lou does NOT have Summer's rage blackouts! I feared for Chuck when Sarah introduced herself as his girlfriend! I too was worried that Rachel might stick out and seem gimmicky. She's so small and I knew Chuck was TALL. I about died 'ing her when she said their size difference intrigued her!

*reads back* I haven't squeed in here yet?!! Okay, I loved this episode. Chuck and Sarah are just an adorable couple. They looked like 8th graders holding each other outside the sushi restaurant! Squee, such simple and awkward times. I love how Chuck always looks like he feels incredibly out of place. It's very endearing and is amazing considering he is good looking and could easily carry himself with the same ease as Awesome does.

And as much as I love Sarah/Chuck, I cannot deny Lou. Lou was awesome when she went to her happy place and named meats and cheeses. And then Morgan calling Chuck out as a cheater was priceless.

The whole truth serum plotline was awesome and I loved everyone's rambles. Particularly when Ellie told Awesome that if everything is awesome than by definition everything is mediocre. I loved how Casey, Sarah, and Chuck shared a few honest moments between each other rather than all the growly bluffs and witty jabs.

I knew Sarah was lying to Chuck, so I liked how the show chose to let the audience know how she was lying. Also I'm not sure why she lied. Does it really make a difference towards the "mission" if Chuck really knew she loved him? In fact, she's created a real security breach now since Chuck wants to switch their bf/gf cover story and break up. I think poor poor Sarah has been lying for so long, that she just can't share her honest feelings.

Anyway, I'd say I can't wait for Monday but I think I'll savor my weekend just a little bit longer.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

The best Chuck/Sarah moment is still when he was trying to coax some trivial fact about her out of her. To me, her quiet little "my middle name's Lisa" isn't the heartbreaking part, it was her inscrutable expression as Chuck was pressing her for something.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

I really loved this eppy as well!

I think Chuck and Lou would make a great couple and I love Chuck and Sarah, so this is going to be a win/win situation for me... Lou's cute sandwich ramblings were quirky and endearing and really fit with Chuck's quirks... I loved the hilarity of the truth serum run - with Casey revealing that Sarah was better than him at something, and Sarah admitting that Casey was her partner.

How sad was the scene where Sarah lied to Chuck. My heart broke for both of them...and Lyn, I don't think it's as much that Sarah is just so used to the lying as it is about her trying to protect both Chuck and herself. Chuck because he's the intercept and that's her job and a personal relationship could interfere and likely get him killed. And herself in that she knows from first hand experience that relationships in the workforce go bad - ie Bryce - and she doesn't want to be betrayed again...and also that if something happened to Chuck and she was emotionally vested that she might not be able to handle it... Just my 2 cents.

I LOVED Ellie's truth! The crack about awesome being mediocre was hysterical! And her breaking in on Chuck and Sarah was so funny - telling him he needed a haircut had me

And I can't even begin to squee over Marshall! He fit in this show so well - I hope we see him again

This show just keeps getting better and better each week...here's hoping the WGA doesn't screw us all over with this strike that we lose this great show!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          I knew Sarah was lying to Chuck, so I liked how the show chose to let the audience know how she was lying. Also I'm not sure why she lied. Does it really make a difference towards the "mission" if Chuck really knew she loved him?
          Okay, my whole thought on that matter is: 1)well, from a purely writer's standpoint, they have to put off sch developments as long as possible. and 2) I would assume that a romantic relationship isn't exactly an advisable thing and if the home office knew of it they might require Sarah to remove herself from the mission altogether. Honestly, I think there are tons of reasons why she would lie. Another being that perhaps she still has her feelings for Bryce and they are preventing her from moving forward.
          sigpic
          follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

AWWWWW!!! How cute was this episode!?!? The kiss was so cute and sweet...and initiated by Sarah! And then no explosion! I loved Chuck's line about being pretty comfortable at the moment.... I knew it would be Bryce in that tube when they said it was measuring oxygen...and the previews for next week are so heartbreaking....poor Chuck...I want to cry.

How funny was Morgan/Anna? I think Morgan has serious issues to FINALLY get a girl and then break up with her becuase he thinks Chuck is single...dude, the guy needs to get his own life!

No Ellie or Awesome this eppy...

I loved the trunk scene...it was the first real coupley arguement that they've really had...and then Sarah's 'ok shut up cuz you're sucking up all of the air!' That had me cracking up...

Super eppy! One of my favorites to date...
            sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping Morgan can straighten that out... Anna is a *cutie* -- Julia Ling was in "Chosen", by the way -- I think she was the Slayer that stood up at her table, during the montage?

I knew it would be Bryce pretty much watching the preview, but, uh, plot error -- if the timer was an oxygen supply and they didn't open the thing until *the next day*... the huh? the hell?

And how did a dead rogue CIA agent, who presumably was not left to fester on the lawn outside Langley, end up in the possession of greek arms dealers anyway?

I LOVED the kiss, LOVED it... and the Un!Comfortable! that followed it. Poor Chuck, though. He and Sarah really have something, and she's going to just blow it off. Huge bonus points to her for going for it when they thought it was a bomb, though.

I liked Lou, gonna miss Lou, but that was a nice and self-contained story.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                I loved Chuck's line about being pretty comfortable at the moment...
                Yeah. And then it just cut to commercial. I just adore that sweet honesty he puts out there.

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                I knew it would be Bryce pretty much watching the preview, but, uh, plot error -- if the timer was an oxygen supply and they didn't open the thing until *the next day*... the huh? the hell?
                Good call.

And how did a dead rogue CIA agent, who presumably was not left to fester on the lawn outside Langley, end up in the possession of greek arms dealers anyway?
                I have to assume this is something that has t be explained. Otherwise...wtf?

Yes, this was another great ep. The kiss was fantastic and sexy, of course. But I also liked the Casey scenes like the one in Lou's shop and the one with Sarah where he tells her it's "not going to happen."

I think the Bryce reveal wasn't going to surprise too many people. I knew he was returning but still...it seemed as if it were an inevitability somehow even though he was presumed dead. I think I have watched too much Alias.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Another awesome episode, especially the ending!

I think the Bryce reveal wasn't going to surprise too many people. I knew he was returning but still...it seemed as if it were an inevitability somehow even though he was presumed dead. I think I have watched too much Alias.
                  Well I was completely surprised but then again "Chuck" is one of the few shows where I don't read spoilers or watch previews. I literally screamed when I saw Bryce, such a cool plot twist! I'm very happy that he is alive because ever since the pilot I thought he was a cool character and the actor is quite hot! But on the other hand, I feel so bad for Chuck. Now when he finally thinks that he has a shot with Sarah, her former lover comes back. Poor Chuck!

Rachel Bilson was awesome again in this ep, I really enjoyed the Chuck/Lou relationship, even though it was short-lived. I had to laugh out aloud when Chuck made orgasmic sounds as he ate the sandwich Lou has made for him!

Casey was also great in this episode, he had so many funny lines. For example when he took such delight in the fact that Sarah was dumped by Chuck. Or when he gives Chuck the rose for Lou and Chuck thinks it's some kind of listening device but instead Casey tells him: "No idiot, it's so that you can get laid."

I also loved the snarky conversation between Chuck and Sarah in the trunk of the car, they really sounded like an arguing couple.

Awww and then the Chuck/Sarah kiss! So great that Sarah decided to go for it when she thought that they'd die. Too bad about the uncomfortable moment afterwards.

Morgan and Anna were very funny and then also very cute! I hope Morgan can work things out with Anna and will treat her with the respect she deserves from now on.

Man, I can't wait to see the Chuck/Bryce reuniting scene and how Sarah will factor into it all. Is there a hiatus now, does anyone know? Or do we get a new eppy next week? I really hope so!

Comment

Haven't posted here in awhile! What a shame! And no, Cori, there is no hiatus! Bryce is back next week!

I LOVED this episode!

First off, I found the Lou/Chuck relationship to be very sweet, and I really loved Lou. I loved that Lou wasn't a spy or something, just smuggling illegal salami. Awesome!

Casey was great in this episode! I loved the rose part too How awesome is he!? And Adam Baldwin really just shows off his acting skills here! I also loved him telling Lou that Chuck worked for the FDA! That was hilarious!

Also, Morgan and Anna! Loved it! I loved the she felt bad for him so she gave him and a kiss, and then they started making out haha! Love Morgan and how his only life is with Chuck! Him breaking up with Anna because Chuck was single was simply hysterical!

And I love Chuck and Sarah-ness. I love Lou/Chuck, but Chuck/Sarah are much better. Their kiss was awesome! Especially because they thought they were going to die! Amazing! Love it!

And the cliffhanger and shock. Personally, I was shocked! Did not expect Bryce to be back. Is it just me, or does he look completely different in the trailer than he did in the flashbacks and first episode?

Comment

I KNOW! Me, too...that's probably why I ASSUMED it was Bryce! I've been Alias-brained!

And yes, I forgot to mention Casey's rose.... Gotta love Casey!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
                        Man, I can't wait to see the Chuck/Bryce reuniting scene and how Sarah will factor into it all. Is there a hiatus now, does anyone know? Or do we get a new eppy next week? I really hope so!
                        The eps are new for the next two weeks.

I read that Chuck has completed 13 episodes though. SO that still leaves two, if I am not mistaken.

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
                        I KNOW! Me, too...that's probably why I ASSUMED it was Bryce! I've been Alias-brained!
                        Glad to know I'm not the only one.
                        sigpic

Comment

The eps are new for the next two weeks.

I read that Chuck has completed 13 episodes though. SO that still leaves two, if I am not mistaken.
                          No, I thought last weeks was episode 9 It was, so that leaves four. BUT, on TV.com it only has through episode 11 HELP!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBoy View Post
                            No, I thought last weeks was episode 9 It was, so that leaves four. BUT, on TV.com it only has through episode 11 HELP!
                            My apologies.

It was ep nine. And epguides.com only has a listing through ep 11 but Ausiello says that there are 13. SO maybe they will be airing in January.
                            sigpic

Comment

Full season pick-up

Ausiello Report

Sorry for the spammy nature, but what else needs to be said besides that?
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Oh this is excellent news...and Heather posted a tidbit in the VIP chat thread that the strike may have reached a deal as well...so I all the happy today!

On a side note, I've watched a few episodes of Life, and though I love Damian Lewis, I have a rough time staying awake for that one, so I'm not so sure that that one is news that thrills me, but it doesn't bother me either. I wonder if this means that Bionic Woman WON'T be getting an extension, or if they just have yet to make a decision.

Anyway, big Chuck night...I can't watch it because of course I'm a football-whore and my Steelers are on, soooooo no more reading this thread until after I've seen it...but sooo super happy with this news!
                                sigpic

Comment

WOW! I'm so excited that we're going to be getting plenty more Chuck! I was worried the strike would be a hindrance to new shows like Chuck, but wooo, I'm going to be squee-ing all night now, *hugs to LRAE* for giving me such wonderful news!

And it would be great if the writers have come to an agreement, *wishes* Hopefully it would mean there wouldn't be a huge disruption to the programming schedules! *gets giddy*

Damn you for making me giddy!
                                  *hugs*
                                  SJ
                                  xox
                                  sigpic
                                  Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes! Chuck is the new show most worthy of getting this, imo. And I'm glad the Strike is not screwing with Chuck, and that it still is getting the praise that it deserves. DVRed tonight's episode, will watch tomorrow, and let me tell you: I. Can't. Wait.

Thanks for the great news, guys!

Comment

Another excellent episode. I don't want to go into it at this moment but I had to pop in and ask....does anyone know what that song that was playing at the end was? It was so pretty. Must have!

I will also add, it was so funny when the Buy More employees were hiding under the Nerd Herd desks and then Chuck pumps one of them up and he goes away and the other one screams: "It's a trick!" haha, love that!
                                      sigpic

Comment

I love this show soo much. It's just so lighthearted and fun and adorable. I loved the last episode (Bryce is freaking hot!) The Black Friday Buy More thing was hilarious. Reminded me of my job on Black Friday (I work at Walmart). Very similar lol. That was one of my favorite moments too Jenni Lou when that weird guy (I can never remember his name) comes to the conclusion that with so many people in the store it will explode lmao.

PLEASE PICK UP CHUCK SARAH! This reminds me of the Veronica Mars s1 finale when everyone was debating over whose at the door who Veronica chose because she said "I was hoping it'd be you." I don't really know why it reminds me of that but yeah. Ignore my crazy.

And also I loved when Chuck woke up ater being shot with the dozy med thingy and was all high and saw Sarah and was all like "Pretttyyyyy". And then Casey comes into view and he screams. hee.

Comment

I loved this episode. It was really funny, and had a lot more of the Buy-More scenes in it again. The episode before, while a really great episode, just wasn't as funny as I had come to love from Chuck, and the lack of Ellie was dissappointing too, so I was glad to see Chuck back on top form this week!

I loved Bryce in this episode, I kept wanting to hate him at times, but then he did things that made me love him. I really enjoyed his scene with Chuck in the Buy-more in front of the television screen. And I couldn't wait to see what Morgan was about to say to him! Heh.

But, for me, I was just glad to have a really nice comedic episode, with loads of bits to make me giggle - I was worried it was all going to be about Bryce and get a bit bogged down in all of the spy-stuff; so the Black Friday, and Pineapple code was a fab way to balance that; not to mention Ellie's Thanksgiving dinner.

I can't wait for more Chuck, but if imdb is right (which it rarely ever is with showing times) it's not back until January 14th! Can anyone confirm this?

Final note: I hope that Bryce comes back and we get anupdate on this 'Fulcram' thing and their reasons behind Bryce's mission as I would be upset if they just left that storyline hanging - besides, surely there are others involved in it who will know about Chuck, or know that someone has the intersect who will come looking for him, so Bryce is bound to show up again to try and protect him. Fingers crossed that this isn't the last of Bryce and Fulcram, :P

SJ
                                          xox
                                          sigpic
                                          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Working...
                                          X