Episode 2.01 "Four Months Later..." Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2.01 "Four Months Later..." Discussion Thread

Since the season 2 premiere of Heroes will air in the US tonight, I thought I'd start a discussion thread for it. Here the description of the season opener:

Episode 2.01: Four Months Later...
    Airdate: September 24, 2007

As the second volume of Heroes begins, the fates of Peter, Nathan and Matt are revealed, following the horrible showdown with Sylar and Peter's uncontrolled nuclear detonation miles above New York City. As everyone attempts to move on, a new sinister force begins stalking and murdering Heroes. With the family hiding in Southern California, H.R.G. and Claire attempt to live as inconspicuously as possible. which proves to be easier said than done. Meanwhile, after landing in feudal Japan, Hiro meets his hero Takezo Kensei. Twins Maya and Alejandro Herrera hope to make the crossing into the U.S. from Mexico, in hopes of finding help with their deadly abilities. Dana Davis, Noah Gray-Cabey, James Kyson Lee, Ali Larter, Sendhil Ramamurthy also star. Nick D'Agosto, Lyndsy Fonseca, Cristine Rose, Barry Shabaka Henley, George Takei, Eriko Tamura and Adair Tishler guest star. Source: NBC
    After this long hiatus I personally cannot wait to find out what happened to Peter and Nathan, how Hiro will deal with landing in the past and what will happen to all the other characters we have come to know in the course of season 1. So roll on season 2!

Oh and a little piece of info regarding Heroes' airing schedule this season:

Heroes airs on Mondays at 9 p.m. on NBC. The series was renewed for a 2nd season of 24 episodes plus six special Heroes: Origins episodes. The series come back on September 24 - run 11 episodes in a row, take 4 weeks off, run 7 in a row, take 3 weeks off and then finish the season with a final run of 6 episodes.

Well guess what, Australia has fast track which means we will be seeing Hereos the same time you do...Wait today is the 24th! No, maybe it's on Wednesday, better check the Tv Guide

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
    Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

I saw an advert tonight on 7 saying that it will be airing Thursday week at 9 30pm. So we haven't got it exactly at the same time as US but pretty damn close for Australia which is really good.
      Last edited by Cori; 24-09-07, 08:59 PM. Reason: Mentioning illegal activities!

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Was not really impressed... I must say I am not really into the whole Claire thing, yes they had to move but I really liked her Texas life better. Also I dislike her new flying friend... Zach was such a better friend! So much better...
        Not a fan of Mr. Bennett being good, though I like his little twist at the end when Mohinder going after the Company. The family dinner scene was funny, I love the mom.

Matt... I like how his story is going. Though I don't like the lil girl ^^;, kinda creepy. But I like how he is getting all he wants, yet he had to lose his wife to do so.

What I really liked was the connections going on with Hiro father and Peter/Nathan's mother. I love how the symbol is coming more clear, and how it shows up around death (like Jessica, since she is dead, I think its keepin her alive in sorts.) I wanna know who killed Hiro's papa! Oh and love the Ando stuff, glad he returned this season.

Hiro stuff is also good, I like how his big hero was a bad white guy. Made me crack up laughing. I really can't wait to see how this plays out and I like how its no longer just in different cities, but different times.

Peter at the end... Reminded me to much of Angel at the start of season 3 ~~, but I dunno if I like him not remembering or not. The Nathan stuff is also weird, I really can't wait to see how it all plays.

I liked the Maya stuff, good to see a new character. I also like that their subtitles are yellow XD to help us not get confused between Spanish and Japanese. I missed some stuff, did we see her use her power?

I am excited to see how the season rolls out. Though I want some Nikki love...

Comment

I loved it. Just loved it.

Claire is still pretty much my favorite character -- I love that she doesn't enjoy pretending, that her instinct is to excel. I didn't like the guy, either, but not because he's another power, but because he had that sanctimonious 'robot or alien' thing going for him. I loved Claire's moment in the gym to stick up for the other girl, although it was harsh to see her have to back down.

I'm pretty sure Pasdar's beard should get its own mention in the cast. On one hand I think it's cool that he's so much more invested in Peter than he let on before, on the other, it's a shame that he's let himself go completely.

Peter is having a rough time, clearly. On the up side, he got a hair cut. On the down side, he's chained in a sea/land carrier. On the up side, he has sweet new energy blasting action. On the down side, he was mistaken for iPods. I figure losing his memory is a way to hit the reset button on his powers, or to at least un-Ted him, for writing purposes, but at the same time, I hope they didn't get rid of everything. I'd hate to think he lost his TK, flight, and invisibility.

I like the new characters so far, Maya and Alejandro. I figured that somehow all those people would end up killed -- she seems to be able to do the Blue Hands thing from "Firefly". Plus, Dania Ramirez is pretty
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Not sure at this stage what I think... certainly glad I saw it, and I didn't realise how much I liked the music at the start, it's so subtle.

The Claire's dad thing was funny, but I kinda wished he hadn't resorted to physical violence in order to assert his authority over the manager- flashbacks to Manny the Manager, anyone!?

Overall, it gets points, but I'm waiting for next week to really decide. Part of me, when I saw the 'to be continued' thing, kinda moaned and thought: here we go again.... sigh. Ah well, all will be revealed, eventually I'm sure!

Comment

I liked the episode but it did not exactly blow me away. It was a bit too Claire and Hiro-centric for my taste. Not enough Peter/Nathan scenes and not even a glimpse of Niki or Micah.

Still, this season premiere had some interesting stuff in it. I enjoyed that both Claire and Mr. Bennett struggle in their own way to live a normal life. In Claire's case, it is clearly hard for her to deny who she really is. I loved the phone call between her and Nathan, her just wanting to connect with someone who has super powers as well. Mr. Bennett attacking that irritating manager at his work was awesome! I was also pleased to learn that Mohinder and Mr. Bennett (and possibly Matt Parkman too) are in cahoots and have a secret plan in motion to destroy the Company. The family dinner scene was very funny and made me laugh out aloud.

Not sure what to think of Claire's new "friend" at high school yet. The fact that his power is flying as well surely can't be a coincidence.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Matt Parkman and Molly and the fact that they and Mohinder are living together. Molly's nightmares were creepy and I'm so curious what that evil thing or person is that is even worse than Sylar.

Hiro's big hero Kensei not being as heroic as Hiro thought and mostly in it for the money and the booze was pretty funny. Plus the fact that Kensei is an English man and not from Japan. What's the name of that actor again? I know he used to be on Alias.

My favourite parts of this episode of course were the ones dealing with my favourite characters, Nathan and Peter. I loved dark, drunk Nathan, standing up to his mother and calling her evil. I definitely got a Wes in s4 kinda vibe from Nathan, which I loved. It's refreshing to see Nathan no longer as the coldly scheming politician but as a broken human being who is mourning for his brother. Speaking of Peter: I'm not sure what to make of the fact that he seems to have lost his memory. That's been done to death in so many TV shows so it's not exactly original. But then again, it of course adds to the suspense as we still have no clue what exactly happened to Peter and Nathan. All we now know is that they are at least both alive. I guess that's something.

On a shallow note: I really liked Nathan's beard and Peter's new haircut! Plus Milo seems to have buffed up a bit over the summer, you could tell in that topless scene.

So all in all I enjoyed this premiere. But next week, a bit less Claire and more Nathan, Peter and Niki please!

Comment

I LIKED it. Nothing amazing, but it was good TV and I really liked it.

First off -- Claire. Ugh, here we go again Just kidding! I still really love Claire as a character and all, but her story is bugging me out a lot. I hate the whole drama thing in her school. It's very annoying. The cheerleader girl is bugging me, a lot. And the guy! Oh, no! He's stupid! I really don't like Crazy Evil Stalker Flying Guy He's weeeeeeeird! But I do like her struggle with concealing her powers and running from the company. Very interesting, there.

Mr. Bennet is still great! I love the way he's a good guy but he's not. He subtly slammed his manager into a table! Love it! I love he just does whatever the hell he wants. I'd really like to see him betraying someone he loves, again. But, in a much different way. That would be interesting.

Is Mohinder BORING or what? I mean, snore fest there. But, the end with him was awesome! He's planning with HRG (right?) against the company! Awesome!

Oh, wow! I love Nathan! His love for his brother is enormous, and I just am so confused about what he did to get out, and about Peter. So awesome!

I loved the symbol and WHO THE HELL KILLED HIRO'S DAD! And will Nathan's mom be killed in the next episode? Ooooh!

Yeah, so Nathan was really, really awesome! I loved him standing up to his mother and not being pushed around anymore. It was very, very, very awesome. I still adore their mom! She is an all around amazing character and I can't wait to see what's up with her and Hiro's dad. A group? Linderman was part of it? I can't wait, really! But I am disappointed that Linderman died. He was cool. Onto Peter....who didn't know he was alive? I doubted that they would kill off a character like that. Really doubted. But, he has amnesia? I don't like this. Too many shows have done this and it's very, very boring imo. So, hopefully they'll do it right.

Hiro was great! I loved the reveal of his hero. How he was fake and English. And Sark! It's Sark! This is going to be great. I was surprised how Hiro didn't go to help the women get her father so he could get the sword and teleport back. But, you know that Hiro! Has to save his Hiro! I like him right now.

Matt was one of my favorites! I'm loving his storyline, how he has to lose his wife to get everything else he's ever wanted. It's so sad! I loved the whole trial with him shooting the woman. That was great. And I'm so happy he got his badge! *jumps up and down* And him and Molly are amazing! I love Molly so much! They are great!

The thing that I want to know is the bogeyman that Molly sees. Who is he? And her paintings all have the symbol that means death and so far, one of the two have already died. Was that the bogeyman? Did Hiro's father know the bogeyman? So intriguing.

I liked it a lot! I did. It was a GOOD premiere and I want to see more.
                Last edited by BlasterBoy; 26-09-07, 02:36 AM.

Comment

vampmogs- Do you mean next week? Yay! (I am guessing Ghost Whisperer is still going on for two hours, heh that's good thought, keeps me entertained althought I am going to stop watching Law & Order since it's on nearly the same time).

From what I am reading from you guys, I am still excited but a bit I don't know, sad because Nikki isn't it in yet, (Or Micah) but maybe they will appear in the second episode

Hilda Celeriac: You better tell me everything or I am gonna go Lex Luthor on your ass!
                  Hey guys, if you know Amber is coming to Brisbane or anywhere near it, then page me (Well PM, just referencing Buffy)

Comment

Originally posted by Cori View Post
                    Hiro's big hero Kensei not being as heroic as Hiro thought and mostly in it for the money and the booze was pretty funny. Plus the fact that Kensei is an English man and not from Japan. What's the name of that actor again? I know he used to be on Alias.
                    David Anders (Sark on Alias) totally makes this season for me. And I wasn't even a fan of his Alias character. The fact that Hiro changed the past as he knew it has so many delightful ways to being resolved. I'm really looking forward to this playing out.

I about died when Kensei took off his mask and Hiro had to put his glasses on to doublecheck what he was seeing!

I enjoyed the Claire storyline greatly because it kept reminding me of Buffy in S1. Forced to join a new school and can't reveal who you really are. As well as the idea of seeing yourself through the looking glass where she was once the popular cheerleader. I was really disappointed when she didn't put the mean girls in their place, but I was very proud of her courage.

Question, does Claire's mom and brother know what is going on?

Petrellis: Nathan with the scary beard was actually kinda sexy. Mom seemed extra creepy and cool. I liked how Peter was brought back having some new power and not knowing who he was. Though I understand the show wanted to make it seem emotional that Peter was "dead" and have a surprise reveal, Heroes is too popular a show for anyone who watched the show to not know Milo was still on the show.

Very disappointed to see Hiro's dad meet his demise. I wonder what will become of Ando's story now.

Mohinder was lame as usual. Poor Parkman, in S1 his wife takes advantage of him emotionally, and now a little girl. Nothing more disappointing than a trend.

Like Digital Leonardo mentioned, I liked how the new brother and sister's subtitles were tied to their character. The different color as well as the placement on the screen differed from Hiros which made the subtitles feel more like dialogue from a comic.

Looking forward to next week and more new characters.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

I'm glad they didn't try to shove in everybody in the first episode -- last year, they decided to put off Parkman's introduction to the second episode, and I think to great effect. And, it was important that new characters be amongst those we got our first look at.

One curiosity about Ando and Mr. Nakamura's scenes -- TV Guide blurbs and other things give Mr. Nakamura's first name as Kaito. When he goes over the side, Ando is shouting "Kaito!" and the subtitle is "sir!" So... was he actually calling him by an honorific and TV Guide was mistaken about his name?

I still wish Claire had gone ahead and hit that stunt, but I knew she wouldn't -- she would have become an instant mythological figure, the very opposite of low profile. Although, there's something to be said for hiding in plain sight.

This is going to sound crazy, but I actually was annoyed at Bennet's attitude at work. Yeah, his manager was a tool, but he didn't seem to be taking his job particularly seriously, so how unreasonable was the manager being? Still, Jack Coleman did great at portraying the seething badass hiding in a retail environment.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post

Very disappointed to see Hiro's dad meet his demise. I wonder what will become of Ando's story now.
                        The Claire's mom and bro thing... I didn't get that either. Couldn't figure out if they know, especially the mom... is her brain really fried from being rewired all the time, or is she consciously playing the role she's meant to, for the sake of the family?

As for Hiro's dad... look, I agree that he's probably dead... but so often they're just almost dead, or not quite dead... I'm reserving my judgement on that, coz I just don't know. Question: are we all agreed that it was not Sylar who killed/pushed him?

Comment

No evidence Sylar has any idea who he is -- and besides, Sylar would have just TK'd him over the side if he didn't want his brain.
                          sigpic
                          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Like Digital Leonardo mentioned, I liked how the new brother and sister's subtitles were tied to their character. The different color as well as the placement on the screen differed from Hiros which made the subtitles feel more like dialogue from a comic.
                            It reminded me of forgein movies, which was cool.

Ohh and yeah, do Claire's mom and bro know? Cause there is hints both way that they know and that they don't. I'm also not excited to see Claire in the new Cheerleader outfit... Blue don't hide blood & guts.

Comment

Does anyone find it funny, that with all the driving family away, beard-growing, and drinking, Nathan still carries around a cell phone...

I thoroughly enjoyed Kensei and his overly douchy-ness. I'm not gonna lie. Seeing him like that totally made my night. (Well, that and The Hills, but don't tell )

Noah Bennet (no, not the guy on Passions) totally mcroxors my argyle socks, still. I found the whole Bennet family dinner (sorry, Butler family) creepy, though. Just creepy. Creepier than weird flying robot-alien kid.

Yeah...that's all I got. The episode entertained me enough. I liked the beginning with the little flashes of scenes. Somebody was at my house last night and I couldn't hear half of the episode. Question: why don't I watch my shows with other people? They annoy me and never shut up. Anywiggle, the gist of it was fun enough. I even got past it being so Claire-centric. (I like the girl, but god, I didn't actually sign on for teen drama...with Heroes at least.)
                              would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Humm, overall, it was a pretty boring episode to me.

What I liked was the Kensei/Hiro story. Not really for Hiro but the fact Kensei is the total opposite of Hiro's ideal, so it's a good thing to see how it will impact on him. I don't think Hiro can be of any interest now but I really want them to understand that characters like Nikki, Micah are much more captivating.

I also adored the story with mama Petrelli and Hiro's father, the ties between them are getting a bit clearer and I'm eager to know who's that guy who killed Hiro's father at the end !

Overall, not that impressive but good ideas. Peter being topless in the end is just a tease but I liked it By the way, thank God, new haircut !
                                "Trust the Tale, not the Teller"
                                Tumblr // Smugmug // Twitter

Comment

I just finished watching.. And WOW! I really really liked it... It was really good.
                                  But something was missing.. I've been waiting for the seconed season for so long and I had such high expectations.
                                  The end was exciting.. I'm not gonna give away spoilers so i won't rewin for those who havn't watched yet..

Comment

I just watched it and for the most part did enjoy it. I really like Claire compared to most of the other characters so any episode that is Claire-centric pleases me. Like others have stated though, I really wish she had been able to prove that snobby cheerleader wrong, but I understand why she didn't and it would have been incredibly hard for her. I think what is important is that she stuck up for the other girl and took the bad attention away from her, so in some ways Claire still won. Though spoilers show
                                    Spoiler:
                                    Claire becomes a cheerleader
                                    so I think the bitch will get what is coming to her.

I too am really confused whether or not Claire's mum or brother knows as well. Her mum seemed to be a little suspicious of the father still, but the brother didn't so I'm not sure what is going on with him.

So far I like what I'm seeing with Nathan, I really despised his character with a passion at times during the first season when he put his campaign above his family but this one is far more interesting. And whilst he calls his mum evil, I wouldn't go that far but she most definitly has some hazy morals I don't agree with.

The Hiro line didn't do much for me, I don't really enjoy his character and it kind of bored me.. but Sark (forgive me I don't know the actors name) or Kensei would probably be the better name, did put a smile on his face. But for the most part Hiro pretty much just always has boring storylines to me, I couldn't have cared a less about his gambling storyline, or getting his sword and I don't care about this either, admittedly it wasn't much of a surprise to me.

Cool that Hiro's dad died.. didn't really like him.. pretty much agree with Ehwylen who said Mohinda is still pretty lame, don't really enjoy him his personality annoys me but it was good to see him being a little dodgey and not so trusting all the time, and the Peter ending was cool.. though I agree with everyone else in saying amnesia has been done to death on TV so something interesting better come from it.

Oh and Claire's new friend (if that is what you'd call it?) did anyone else think of Peter Pan when he was watching her in the end? For some reason it was the first thing I thought.

Overall pretty good episode.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

David Anders (Sark on Alias) totally makes this season for me. And I wasn't even a fan of his Alias character. The fact that Hiro changed the past as he knew it has so many delightful ways to being resolved. I'm really looking forward to this playing out.
                                      David Anders, that was his name! I knew I could count on you, Lyn. I really enjoy seeing him on the show as well. Plus he and Hiro really make a very funny pairing.

That's what I was wondering as well. The way both Claire and Mr. Bennett reacted at the dinner table you could interpret it either way. Although Claire saying that she didn't do anything extraordinary at school or something along those lines plus all the meaningful glances between the family members could point to them knowing what's going on. They did witness Claire coming out of their burning house in season 1, didn't they? But then again, the Haitian may have made them forget again. Puzzling!

Petrellis: Nathan with the scary beard was actually kinda sexy.
                                      No argument here!

I can't wait for Nathan to find out that Peter is still alive and for the big reuniting scene between the brothers. But given the fact that Peter does not know who he is that might take a while.

Comment

I want to find out who all the big power players are that were mentioned.

You had Linderman, the man Peter was looking after at the start, Peter and Nathan's Mother & Father and Hiro's dad. Along with 7 others (one who is murdering the others). Maybe they will be people we have seen before but probably not.

All the mini storylines of the ep kept me entertained enough.

Comment

Working...
                                        X