How I Met Your Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Met Your Mother

So I know theres a thread in the deadthread section... Buut, I thought I'd make a new one. Hope thats okay, if not - sorry.

So with the Writer's Strike ended and we've gotten some new HIMYM and I gotta say, these have been homeruns.

The latest episode "Sandcastles in the Sand". Though not as amazing as Season 2's "Slap Bet", getting more into Robin's past is so funny. The music video had me cracking up nonstop at just how true they got it.
    Also the idea of reverting (or however Marshall called it) again amused me. I think the writers and the cast are really going all out. I hope with these new episode the network will see some of the true potential and bring us a Season 4.

Also, the last scene of the episode SHOCK! Ohh the new 3 episodes will be soo good.

haha! I was totally gonna make a thread because I freakin' adore this so much! And they have been building the chemistry hardcore between
    Spoiler:
    Robin and Barney
    so I have anxiously awaiting a payoff for it. Yayz! I've been waiting for this for a very long time.

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
    Also the idea of reverting (or however Marshall called it) again amused me.
    Revertigo.

I hope with these new episode the network will see some of the true potential and bring us a Season 4.
    I don't know why it is always a bubble show; it's the best sitcom on air right now. It is funny and endearing and I look forward to it every week. I am confident about it getting a fourth season though.

Also, the last scene of the episode SHOCK! Ohh the new 3 episodes will be soo good.
    Totally. I knew it had to be coming; I didn't expect it for another episode or two though!!
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      haha! I was totally gonna make a thread because I freakin' adore this so much! And they have been building the chemistry hardcore between
      Spoiler:
      Robin and Barney
      so I have anxiously awaiting a payoff for it. Yayz! I've been waiting for this for a very long time.

Revertigo.

I don't know why it is always a bubble show; it's the best sitcom on air right now. It is funny and endearing and I look forward to it every week. I am confident about it getting a fourth season though.

Totally. I knew it had to be coming; I didn't expect it for another episode or two though!!
      Spoiler:
      At first I thought they wern't going to be making out at the end, cause it just seemed to obvious of a joke so when they started the music and then started making out I was shocked. A great reveal And from what I've read, this is gunna make a rift between Ted and Barney.

Revertigo - oh god Alyson Hannigan just cracked me up. And Ted, I would love to see Michelle pop up again just for the humor of it. It's hard to decide who is my favorite, it just keeps changing every week. First it was Lily, then Ted, then Robin and it just keeps going back and forth. Its great to see the characters getting even amounts of screentime. Unlike alot of shows :coughveronicamarscough: :coughheroescough: currently on tv.

Also, does anyone know if Sarah Chalke is gunna be poping up again?

Spoiler:
      Cause in "The Chain of Screaming" it was mentioned that Ted and Stella were still dating. Though it looks like Scrubs is getting a season 8. Maybe they'll recast her? Cause It'd be a bit off putting if they just dropped the character.

Or did I miss something?

Also, a side note. Did anyone else kinda really enjoy Britney Spears? I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I gotta say she really amuzed me.

Yeah and that surprises me that every season seems to be on the bubble. What else is on right now? Really nothing funny. Though I do enjoy The Big Bang Theory... But HIMYM is still just the best and it needs a few more seasons.

Comment

Also, does anyone know if Sarah Chalke is gunna be poping up again?
        Yes. For at least one more episode. Possibly more. The contract is already done. I actually read that at both Ausiello and Kristin.

And Scrubs s8 isn't actually a bad scheduling conflict. As I understand it, that 18 episode season will be completed before it even airs. So Scrubs should be done shottong by the end of the summer, I believe. It's an unusual thing, I know. But Scrubs is an unusual case given it was in its already final season, only to be given 18 additional more episodes to air on ABC. So weird.
        Also, a side note. Did anyone else kinda really enjoy Britney Spears? I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I gotta say she really amuzed me.
        You know, she wasn't bad. I was put off by the news of her guest appearance because I'm not a fan of stunt casting--particularly on a show like this--but I think it helped that the character was already written as opposed to it haven been written specifically for her, if you know what I mean. She played it fine and I didn't feel distracted by her performance as I suspected I might have been. SO I didn't mind her in the episode.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Well thats good news that you didn't mind her, cause looks like Britney will be making a round 2 apperance on the series.

Britney Spears is returning to How I Met Your Mother, a source tells PEOPLE.

“The show is ecstatic and so is Britney,” a source said. “She had so much fun the first time around she really wanted to come back. It was a mutual decision to work together more.”

The singer/actress will do one episode, the source says. Fox studios would not confirm the appearance.

Spears, 26, appeared on the March 24 episode, playing a receptionist at a dermatologist’s office who fell for one of the show’s main characters, played by Josh Radnor. She received wide accolades for the spot.

“She was hilarious in the table-read, and I got to see her do the run-through as well, and she was great,” cast member Jason Segel said.
          people.com

I dunno if this means that the series has been picked up for another season? Since she can't be in the next few episodes cause they must be filmed by now.

Comment

I dunno if this means that the series has been picked up for another season? Since she can't be in the next few episodes cause they must be filmed by now.
            No, they aren't finished filming yet. IN fact, Sarah Chalke is filming her next episode just this week, I read. Ausiello:

The Emmy-worthy Scrubs cutup is due back on the Mother set this week to begin work on this season's third-to-last episode.
            I still can't figure out just how many eps the season will be made up of! This past on was 16...from what spoilers I have read it seems Chalke will appear in 18. So I guess....20 eps for this season? Not bad! Considering the strike whittled other series down much more than that!
            sigpic

Comment

Ohh, okay. I had a little bit of high hope, but I'm still happy to hear that Sarah is filming her ep. I do hope she is a recurring character for a fourth season, though we know she won't be Ted's wife... Unless the daughter we see in the future is just is stepdaughter?

Comment

though we know she won't be Ted's wife... Unless the daughter we see in the future is just is stepdaughter?
                I actually read something about that earlier this week. And an easy answer to that is that Stella's daughter just isn't listening to the story. Perhaps just his own children are. Though, to me, that sounds awfully cruel to exclude the stepdaughter.
                sigpic

Comment

I actually read something about that earlier this week. And an easy answer to that is that Stella's daughter just isn't listening to the story. Perhaps just his own children are. Though, to me, that sounds awfully cruel to exclude the stepdaughter.
                  I was thinking about that option too. She would be out of the house, if she was 8 years old in the episode, and the future takes place in 2030, she was would be 30 years old... Which sounds really odd, but right.

Comment

I was thinking about that option too. She would be out of the house, if she was 8 years old in the episode, and the future takes place in 2030, she was would be 30 years old... Which sounds really odd, but right.
                    But if that were the case, the kids would already know that this was their mother - because they would recognise their sister as the daughter in the story, you know? So I think it can't be her.

I'm really enjoying the post-strike episodes, which I think are a lot stronger on average than the earlier part of the season (though I loved How I Met Everyone Else and The Platinum Rule).

I was really surprised by the almost universally positive reaction to Barney and Robin on teh internets...I looked at some other boards as well, and everyone seemed all woo! Which...not that I'm going boo, but...I'm not sure. I don't really want himym to turn into friends, with everybody dating everybody else. I guess I'm just waiting to see how they handle the fallout.

And on that note...woo for an episode tonight! Though I don't get to watch it until tomorrow...
                    sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by litzie View Post
                      I was really surprised by the almost universally positive reaction to Barney and Robin on teh internets...I looked at some other boards as well, and everyone seemed all woo! Which...not that I'm going boo, but...I'm not sure. I don't really want himym to turn into friends, with everybody dating everybody else. I guess I'm just waiting to see how they handle the fallout.
                      Very true! It has gotten an amazing response. There are only a few people I have seen who do not like the prospect at all.

It doesn't bother me. I've had a soft spot for B/R since basically the beginning of the series. And in fact, I've often wondered if "Aunt Robin" and "Uncle Barney" aren't actually married in the future. I have to say...ti's all going to be in how they handle the storyline. But I have pretty good faith in the writers so I feel good about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I fell in love with them as a couple from the moment they lazer tagged together. I dunno, there was just this amazing connection and that was a great episode for the two characters. I dunno how I feel of them hooking up and getting married, just the wild sex fling seems like the way to go - I don't want it to turn into a Monica/Chandler.

I've also been rewatching my DVDs, since these new episodes have totaly reinspired me - I kinda lost that love during the start of the season. And for a season 4 I would like to see Robin's sister again (Lucy Hale) and Barney's brother (Wayne Brady). Also more of Marshall's family and their gummybear salad XD!

Comment

Well, Ausiello and Kristin are reporting that Britney Spears will reprise her role as Abby in the 19th episode. Description:

Spoiler:
                          "In 'Everything Must Go,' Barney and Abby realize that they have one thing in common: their mutual hatred of Ted. The new 'couple' decides to go to the bar to flaunt their new relationship in Ted's face. Desperate to get a rise out of his former pal, Barney pops a surprising question to Abby."

I don't like Britney. However, she wasn't bad in her role here and while I hate the idea of stunt casting, I can deal with her reprisal. She wasn't awful like I thought she was going to be and this episode sounds like it can be fun. Kristin has a bit more info if you want to visit her blog.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, Ausiello and Kristin are reporting that Britney Spears will reprise her role as Abby in the 19th episode. Description:

Spoiler:
                            "In 'Everything Must Go,' Barney and Abby realize that they have one thing in common: their mutual hatred of Ted. The new 'couple' decides to go to the bar to flaunt their new relationship in Ted's face. Desperate to get a rise out of his former pal, Barney pops a surprising question to Abby."

I don't like Britney. However, she wasn't bad in her role here and while I hate the idea of stunt casting, I can deal with her reprisal. She wasn't awful like I thought she was going to be and this episode sounds like it can be fun. Kristin has a bit more info if you want to visit her blog.
                            Sounds promising.

Spoiler:
                            Though I am much more interested in the Barney/Ted aspect and how Ted's relationship with Robin will be. I loved that lil twist and I just don't know how everyone's gunna recover.

I do think how ever Britney Spears and Neil Patrick Harris will work well. Both are very comedic and I think they will work wonders off each other.

It will be good to have Britney's name on the series, and though I agree it is a bit of stunt casting, it will for sure bring veiwers in. With the rollercoaster BS life she is having, to see her on a sitcom will bring people in. And lucky for the real fans of the show, she is only adding and not distracting from the main characters and storylines - which I thought she would do in her first appearnce.

Comment

It will be good to have Britney's name on the series, and though I agree it is a bit of stunt casting, it will for sure bring veiwers in. With the rollercoaster BS life she is having, to see her on a sitcom will bring people in. And lucky for the real fans of the show, she is only adding and not distracting from the main characters and storylines - which I thought she would do in her first appearnce.
                              Agreed. And she did help bring in an extra million viewers last time. Which totally helps in securing a fourth season!
                              sigpic

Comment

I really don't know what to think of this episode. I would go with a low point of the season, though the concept was good - I don't think it lived to its potential. I am hoping the following few episodes make up for it.

The goat thing was weird, but future Ted's comment shocked me!

Spoiler:
                                So it looks like Robin will be moving in some time next year, which has me more excited for a season 4! Though raises more questions about their relationship and I guess Marshall and Lily will be moving out. Which is upsetting cause there is a great dimnamic between these characters living together.

Also the Ted/Barney. It was great to see such raw emotion and something we really havn't seen on the series. But I know it will all work out - it has too, or else he wouldn't refer to him as Uncle Barney to his children.

So we got like three episodes left, and I hope they pick up.

Comment

It was alright! Not bad. Not the best. But above mediocre, I think. There was one part that actually made me laugh out loud while I was watching it all alone but I can't remember what it was. :/

I thought Barney freaking out was funny and also sweet. There are certain things he cares about and being a good bro is one of the top ones.

Spoiler:
                                  So it looks like Robin will be moving in some time next year, which has me more excited for a season 4!
                                  Did I miss something? What did Future Ted say that implies that? I have the ep on my DVR...I might have to check it because I don't recall hearing that!
                                  sigpic

Comment

Did I miss something? What did Future Ted say that implies that? I have the ep on my DVR...I might have to check it because I don't recall hearing that!
                                    I guess, Barney did carry the episode.

Spoiler:
                                    At the end, he's like "the goat started chewing on aunt Robin's wash towel. Oh wait - Robin hand't moved in yet. That must have been my 31st birthday. Never mind."

Something along the lines. I'm PRETTY sure thats what he said.

Though I gotta say you should rewatch the last scene, cause I am hoping I am not wrong.

Comment

Though I gotta say you should rewatch the last scene, cause I am hoping I am not wrong.

I just did rewatch the end. You're right!

Interesting. And an obvious setup for what's to come next season.
                                      sigpic

Comment

I am so in love with Barney and Robin as a potential couple. Please let them follow up this awesome development with much more awesomeness. He can be her wing man!

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Working...
                                        X