• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeanty Cover for Issue #24

Hey

Here's Jeanty's variant cover for the Faith/Giles issue of this arc;

http://community.livejournal.com/new...ion/98441.html

They look very badass, I'm really enjoying the idea of this pairing, it's potentially very interesting. And it's great to see Faith/Giles interact as they never got a great deal of screen time in the series.

Vamps

~ Banner by Nina ~

Love it. That's the one I'll be going for.

Comment

I'm sorry, I really don't think very highly of this. Ignoring the poor likenesses whats up with Faith's head size? Even allowing for perspective no way should her head be that large when it's at that angle.

I know these things often boil down to a matter of personal taste, but I always find myself preferring Chens covers, not just for the extremely good likenesses, but for the classy finish she brings in all her work.

Comment

I prefer the other cover by a long way - also, isn't Giles a bit old to be jumping into buildings attached to ropes? Unless the next issue is about him putting his back out. That's a minor quibble though, I just prefer the art on the other one, the painterly style. This one's a little more bland, generic action-hero stuff and lacks the lush symbolic feel to it.

But really looking forward to this issue and this team-up. Woo! It's not for months and months though, is it? Damn them for releasing covers so far ahead of time.

Must get around to writing a review of the Harmony issue. Still gathering my thoughts on it really, think I'm going to read again before reviewing.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

A very good example of why Jo Chen should do all the covers. No offense to Geanty fans!

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
          I'm sorry, I really don't think very highly of this. Ignoring the poor likenesses whats up with Faith's head size? Even allowing for perspective no way should her head be that large when it's at that angle.
          Good, I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed it. It's like a bowling pin egg from that angle. It's just very unusual.

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
          I prefer the other cover by a long way - also, isn't Giles a bit old to be jumping into buildings attached to ropes? Unless the next issue is about him putting his back out. That's a minor quibble though, I just prefer the art on the other one, the painterly style. This one's a little more bland, generic action-hero stuff and lacks the lush symbolic feel to it.
          Haha! I said the exact same thing about Giles when I first saw it. I just can't picture Giles jumping through skylights attached to ropes. And i agree that it lacks the nice lush TV Show feel Chen gives us.

Comment

oh c'mon-giles is gettin' up there but he's Ripper!!

Comment

Only found this now. Yes, Faith's head really looks a bit overlarge, and Giles looks a bit un-Giles-y. I like the other cover I've seen for this more.
              Sin is what I feast upon
              I'm forging my crematorium
              Your tomb is waiting here for you
              Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Yeah I also don't particularly like those covers for the reasons others has said above. While I didn't really like the way Faith was shown in this cover, I thought that Giles was presented much worse. They have just made him look way younger than he actually is and it took me a few moments to realize that it was meant to be Giles.
                Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                X