What will Dawn become?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will Dawn become?

We've seen Dawn as a Giant and then she transformed into a Centaur, but what do you think she will change into next?

I was going to do a poll, but I thought that the possibilities were quite broad and that it would be hard to minimize them into a few options where I would miss some.

Assuming that she doesn't change back into a human as the third thing, I'd say she was going to change into something else mystical. And the main thing that floods into my head when I think about it is "Mermaid", I can just imagine Dawn as a mermaid and as Buffy said, they have a moat so it's not like they would need to find somewhere to put her.
    sigpic

She was a giant and she became a normal sized creature ... my guess would be something small. A gnome or a fairy?

Comment

Whatever it is, will undoubtedly still be hot, because... why would you ugly her up? I'm betting on a fairy or nymph of some kind.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

A succubus. I don't know why, but that's just stuck in my head for the past month or so. Considering this is her boyfriend's punishment for cheating it kinda makes sense too.

Comment

Possibly a tiny green glowing fairy, or wood nymph. Although so far she's been things that have been helpful when certain situations arise so maybe when the new issue comes otu and we see which direction things are going we'll get an idea of what she could become that would be helpful.

Comment

Im praying she returns to her regular human form. I feel like the story has ran its course and I havent been enjoying that much. I just want to see Regular Dawn be useful as herself and not a tokyo smashing giant (which was cool btw)

Comment

Yeah, at this point wacky-creature Dawn is edging on played out.

I either want to see Dawn return to normal, or Dawn return to not-being Dawn. What's that, pre-Season Five? I mean, if we're toying with the future right now, why not toy with the past? And by "toy" I mean "fix."

Sorry...early day Dawn-venting.
              You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Dawn turned into something truly horrible. Yeah sounds morbid and cruel, and I love Dawn dearly, but something as the final third transformation is probably going to be worse than her previous two right?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'd say something with wings or some sort of extremely attractive fey creature ie a nymph or dryad.

The other possiblity is she gets really UGLY as in the Ugly truth about what she did to earn being curse is revealed and that shapes her final form.

So maybe Dawn as a Troll then?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd say mermaid but that leaves you so limited in what she can do to help in a fight. Swim around in a tub? Giant Dawn and Centaur Dawn have both displayed skills that has helped the team or individuals out at some time or another. Keeping something like that in mind for the third transformation, I have three guesses: Siren, Harpy, or Gorgon.

Comment

I'm not sure about legends or folklore (what seems to be the theme for the season) that includes Giant, Centaur and a 3rd thing, but if we goes for literature probably Gulliver's Travels could fit. Size diference: Liliput and the giants, talking horse, If IRC there was a guy who uses blood to time travel, and the flying island,. I don't remeber if his habitants had or not conic heads but this stays in my head, so, maybe Dawn coul have a difent head or will became Gates in the future.
                      Sorry, I don't speak English.

Comment

Something tells me she'll become a Vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer+ View Post
                          Something tells me she'll become a Vampire.
                          That'd be interesting, actually, to see if there is an spell to turn somebody into a vampire, it'd be diabolical, at least.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            That'd be interesting, actually, to see if there is an spell to turn somebody into a vampire, it'd be diabolical, at least.
                            I think if she did become a vampire, it would probably be like when Buffy became a vampire in season one. I don't think there would be enough time to deal with Evil Dawn Vampire. But considering what the next few comics are going to deal with, Vamp-Dawn would fit right in.

Comment

I was thinking about this today and her third and apparent final transformation has to be meaningful. A mermaid? would be cool and pretty but what would be the point? We already have cool and pretty with the centaur. So what could it be?? We still don't know WHY dawn has become a giant and a centaur. What it's relationship is to her involvement with kenny and his roommate is an even bigger question mark.

But my theory for her physical transformations-perhaps a literal growing up? Like the hex that Amy put on Willow in "The Killer in Me" where Willow's subconscious made her transform into Warren. Dawn always wanted to be big and a part of Buffy's world- now she's huge. Dawn always felt like an outcast-but, as seen in season seven, she didn't feel special. Now she's a centaur-very special. I'm guessing for her third transformation she is going to be invincible. somehow. I see her saving buffy's life in a huge way near season 8's end. I think it'd be somewhat of a beautiful thing, for buffy's sister who she complained of getting in the way and seemed burdened by, to be there for buffy when she needed it most. I'm getting ahead of myself, but truth be told, I predicted the final episode's name to be "chosen" so I could be right.
                              RuFio
                              Hellmouth Tourist
                              Last edited by RuFio; 15-12-08, 04:16 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Dawn turned into something truly horrible. Yeah sounds morbid and cruel, and I love Dawn dearly, but something as the final third transformation is probably going to be worse than her previous two right?
                                I actually agree, and i would love to see that happen. If Dawn somehow became one of the baddies and maybe had to fight Buffy. That would be killer, and make an awesome storyline. I've always wanted to see a Buffy Vs. Dawn kind of thing go down.

I'm not sure if this has been purposed yet, but what I'm thinking is that she might becoma a werewolve. Then they could somehow tie it in with Oz coming back maybe. I think that would be awesome but anything is possible.

But my theory for her physical transformations-perhaps a literal growing up? Like the hex that Amy put on Willow in "The Killer in Me" where Willow's subconscious made her transform into Warren. Dawn always wanted to be big and a part of Buffy's world- now she's huge. Dawn always felt like an outcast-but, as seen in season seven, she didn't feel special. Now she's a centaur-very special. I'm guessing for her third transformation she is going to be invincible. somehow. I see her saving buffy's life in a huge way near season 8's end. I think it'd be somewhat of a beautiful thing, for buffy's sister who she complained of getting in the way and seemed burdened by, to be there for buffy when she needed it most. I'm getting ahead of myself, but truth be told, I predicted the final episode's name to be "chosen" so I could be right.
                                I think that makes a lotta sense. Maybe in one of the final fights against Twilight. If for once she got to be the hero and saved Buffy as well. I always regretted that she never became a potential slayer in Season Seven. It would have made her feel important, and make Buffy and Dawn's relationship grow substantially.

Comment

I think her 3rd transformation is either going to be very small, like a fairy, or something that will go to the very core of the hex that was put on her, her sexuality -- like a nymph or a succubus.

The few things we know about 8.25, namely the title, "Living Doll", suggest for me we'll get Dawn's next transformation in that issue. If you're going to draw attention to that quality of Dawn, it would seem likely you'd go ahead and change her.

I tend to lean toward nymph or succubus, because of the Xander spoiler we got a while back that
                                  Spoiler:
                                  he would hook up with someone. If Dawn turns into a succubus, for instance, they would undoubtedly get it on, but it wouldn't really be either of their fault. Either used to launch a relationship or just for the comedy.
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                                    The few things we know about 8.25, namely the title, "Living Doll", suggest for me we'll get Dawn's next transformation in that issue. If you're going to draw attention to that quality of Dawn, it would seem likely you'd go ahead and change her.

I tend to lean toward nymph or succubus, because of the Xander spoiler we got a while back that
                                    Spoiler:
                                    he would hook up with someone. If Dawn turns into a succubus, for instance, they would undoubtedly get it on, but it wouldn't really be either of their fault. Either used to launch a relationship or just for the comedy.
                                    Would they really change her again so soon after her second transformation though, we don't know how long Dawn had been a giant before she turned into the centaur, but it would look a bit odd if she changed again in the space of 10 editions of the comic, it would certainly fit with #25 focusing on her and Xander, but to me it would be too soon after her second transformation, I know it's magic and there have to be guidelines, but usually spells have the same timing.

Unless, of course, there is some personal achievement or something that changes her, as we have neither seen her change into the giant nor the one into a centaur in detail, it could be possible that the changes are implemented when she discovers or changes something about herself.

Would the nymph or succubus thing really work? I thought the changes would have to be something that you could notice immediately and as far as I'm aware when you look at a nymph or succubus you don't immediately go "That's a Succubus or a Nymph", they usually look fairly human, don't they? (I'm not too hot on what these creatures look like, clearly.) If I'm wrong then completely disregard this, but unless the writer's going for the thing where they make you believe that the character has returned to normal and then show them killing somebody (or jumping their bones, in this case), I can't see them changing her into something unidentifiable.

I guess nobody can really know what she'll turn into, but I agree that it'll probably be useful to the team.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allthings View Post
                                      Im praying she returns to her regular human form. I feel like the story has ran its course and I havent been enjoying that much. I just want to see Regular Dawn be useful as herself and not a tokyo smashing giant (which was cool btw)
                                      Ditto. I'm so damn bored with this side of the series. Why couldn't they have played her small story arc out via being a human. Her daft presto chango act is really getting on my nerves now. If it turns out that these changes have a reason behind them (apart from being a very heavy handed metaphor for growing up or something) then all well and good, but they've dragged this on for so long now I'm finding it very difficult to care anymore.

Comment

I'd love it if she were a leprechaun - after all the mentions on the show that leprechauns don't exist, have Buffy's troublesome sister become literally impossible (though that's probably only going to work in UK English - "impossible" meaning annoying and frustrating?).

But she'd look so cute in the short green trousers and silly hat

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Working...
                                        X