New Delay Likely for Season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Delay Likely for Season 8

According to Comic Book Resource's "Lying in the Gutters", the new schedule for Season 8 is --

8.19 11/26
    8.20 12/17
    8.21 1/7

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18501

Based on what Allie said about which issues are complete, this is basically confirmation that it's Joss's 8.19 script and the art from Karl holding up the work. I suppose the "good" news is that after 8.19, Joss is only writing 5 more issues this season, if that.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Yeah, I just found this out and was on my way to post the bad news. Un-frakkin'-believable. I'm definitely chalking this up to Joss' fault, not Moline's. It's Joss who is chronically late, regardless of who's drawing his stuff. I honestly can't think of a single book he's ever been on that wasn't eventually late.

Comment

Damn. On the one hand, I'm selfishly happy as I'll be out of the country for November and December and was depressed I was going to be out on the loop for three Btvs issues, so only missing out on two doesn't kill me as much.. but it does suck it's been delayed this long. Has it been confirmed by Darkhorse?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

As of last night, they're still showing the schedule they'd announced on their web site, for what that's worth.
        "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

That sucks! I was so happy that we're gonna get #21 in 2008. What about #22? Do you think they'll push it to February?
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
            That sucks! I was so happy that we're gonna get #21 in 2008. What about #22? Do you think they'll push it to February?
            I'm not sure if they'd do that, as far as I'm aware #22 is good to go as well as #21, so they might release it in the same month.

This sucks though.
            sigpic

Comment

I heard over on Slayalive that they no longer plan to release the two issues in the same month, so it looks like they won't try and catch up and it'll be a standard one issue a month kinda deal.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I think working with Neil Patrick Harris on Dr Horrible has undermined his confidence - being faced with such a force for awesomeness - and he's rocking in a corner somewhere crying softly, "I'll never be Barney, I'll never be Barney..."

So it's not surprising his issue's late.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Hah! Barney, is that you?
                  "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Hawthorn View Post
                    Hah! Barney, is that you?
                    Damn! I thought this cunning disguise was going to work and I'd finally get to do it with a lesbian...ah well, better move on to my old man costume.

[/how I met your mother spam]

I am quite annoyed though, but 'mogs, seems like you timed your travels well.

Maybe we should all just go on holiday until they bring out the next comic? I'm sure my boss would understand...erm....

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                      I am quite annoyed though, but 'mogs, seems like you timed your travels well.
                      Yup, as I say, I'm a little selfish in not being too broken up about it I thought I'd do a Buffy/Fray and jump time zones until this whole.. Twilight thing.. is resolved.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Rats. Ah well, Superman is rocking once again over at DC, so I'll have other monthlies to be reading as well during the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacred Knight View Post
                          Rats. Ah well, Superman is rocking once again over at DC, so I'll have other monthlies to be reading as well during the wait.
                          I don't buy any other monthlies now (don't have room, buy the trades) so it's leaving a sad gap. Perhaps I should hop over onto Superman. Is that the Frank Quietly/Grant Morrisson stuff? I've been waiting to buy the books, but maybe I should buy the issues while I wait for the paperback to come out (fingers crossed it will, bloomin hardbacks are about sixteen quid...maybe 25-30 dollars? Though with the exchange rate, who knows!)

Work faster, Joss!

Comment

You know, what's really strange is that Dark Horse's site shows the variant cover out Nov 12, and the Jo Chen cover out Nov 19. That doesn't make sense unless there's a printing issue on top of everything else. Obviously, the covers are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Hawthorn View Post
                              You know, what's really strange is that Dark Horse's site shows the variant cover out Nov 12, and the Jo Chen cover out Nov 19. That doesn't make sense unless there's a printing issue on top of everything else. Obviously, the covers are done.
                              That is strange, it also says on DH that #21 Harmonic Divergence is still coming out December 17th, that could just be that they haven't changed it yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well this whole thing hasn't been confirmed by Darkhorse yet? So maybe it's a mistake after all?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                                  Well this whole thing hasn't been confirmed by Darkhorse yet? So maybe it's a mistake after all?
                                  That's still a distinct possibility, they are the publishers, after all so it's likely that they would be first to announce another alteration in the schedule.

That said, Time of Your Life Part 4 had better be one hell of a read considering they've had over a month longer than planned. I think I'd be even more disappointed if we'd had to wait all this time and it was below par, at least if we can see a pay-off it'll have been worth it.
                                  sigpic

Comment

I'll be crossing my fingers that the current Dark Horse timetable is still the applicable one.

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                                    I don't buy any other monthlies now (don't have room, buy the trades) so it's leaving a sad gap. Perhaps I should hop over onto Superman. Is that the Frank Quietly/Grant Morrisson stuff? I've been waiting to buy the books, but maybe I should buy the issues while I wait for the paperback to come out (fingers crossed it will, bloomin hardbacks are about sixteen quid...maybe 25-30 dollars? Though with the exchange rate, who knows!)

Work faster, Joss!
                                    The Morrison/Quietly book was All-Star Superman that just finished up its run last month I think, I'm ashamed to say that despite all the ravings I still haven't read it yet. I've been reading Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's run on Action Comics, a great arc just finished up over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                      That's still a distinct possibility, they are the publishers, after all so it's likely that they would be first to announce another alteration in the schedule.

That said, Time of Your Life Part 4 had better be one hell of a read considering they've had over a month longer than planned. I think I'd be even more disappointed if we'd had to wait all this time and it was below par, at least if we can see a pay-off it'll have been worth it.
                                      You raise an interesting point. Honestly, I think this issue is going to be a let down for a lot of people. There's been a build up waiting for it, and if it's not super brilliant, it's just gonna anger a lot of people.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I haven't been enjoying this arc very much to be honest, I'm slowly loosing interest because of the delay. Usually I'd be dying for more but I'm not really.

Comment

Working...
                                        X