Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Georges Jeanty Interview

Clicky.

No spoilers (that we didn't already known of).

(set made by Francy for me)

I respect that he was open and honest about his thoughts on 'After the Fall.' For the most part I disagree, the only things I ever found confusing and hard to read where Illyria's time slip pages but they're meant to be confusing and all over the place and after a re-read it makes sense. But I'm glad he tells it how it is, I respect that a lot more.

And yay! A summer special issue in-between seasone eight and nine! That's fantastic news, but probably way too early to speculate

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Yep, he's entitled to his opinion, but I have to say I'm not surprised to see a employee from Darkhorse ragging on a rival companies product. *sigh*

Maybe Brian should start doing the same for a change.
      Last edited by sueworld; 29-09-08, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
        Yep, he's entitled to his opinion, but I have to say I'm not surprised to see a employee from Darkhorse ragging on a rival companies product. *sigh*

Maybe Brian should start doing the same for a change.
        He wasn't "ragging" on 'Atf'. He said he believes they all know what they're doing and that the stories were very interesting and even made the distinction between his career and being a fan when he states he can't enjoy season eight because it's his career whereas he can Ats.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

While I thought the direction the stories were going in were interesting, I've been a little confused with the story telling. I think everyone involved knows what they're doing, it just doesn't come together as smooth as I'd like, but like any Angel fan I keep reading because I love the characters.
          I happen to disagree with the above as I don't find it confusing at all myself, but hey he's entitled to say it's confusing If he wants to. But I have to say that calling something 'confusing' isn't normally seen as a positive thing.

Comment

After season 8 wraps there will be a Summer special that if it comes together will be amazing!
            Sounds interesting, probably an aftermath thing, but if it's a special that probably means it's gonna be bigger, so maybe more like a mini GN than a CB?
            sigpic

Comment

I happen to disagree with the above as I don't find it confusing at all myself.
              Sue, it's the same discussion we had on S8. I don't find it confusing but you do. Just because you don't find a book confusing, it doesn't mean others won't.

I was shocked when my cousin told me she found About A Boy confusing. I was like HUH?!! But then the book had lots of British slang, and I had the advantage of reading so many fics with Spike in them, so
              Made by Trickyboxes
              Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Sue, it's the same discussion we had on S8. I don't find it confusing but you do. Just because you don't find a book confusing, it doesn't mean others won't.
                Yeah, but I'm not an employee of a rival firm making a public statement about another companies work, am I?

Also I don't find season 8 confusing so much as daft I'm afraid.

Comment

Brian's reply on IDW to Mr Jeanty's comments...

Re: Mr. Jeanty's comments. When there were not-so-subtle digs taken at our book in the back of another book, Chris Ryall showed tremendous class by not taking the bait and slinging back. I will learn from him and say simply that I have myspace messaged Mr. Jeanty and offered to explain anything he was confused by.

But this DOES support my argument that we should make ANGEL:AFTER THE FALL Cliff's Notes. At least one person would buy it.
                  Nice one

Comment

Also I don't find season 8 confusing so much as daft I'm afraid.
                    I remember you said that you couldn't follow it, which I took as you not understanding it.

As for Brain's reply, I hate it when he shows that he's offended by someone not enjoying his book. I wish he keeps his cool more often. I mean how many times we heard fans complain about S8, I never saw Joss or any of the writers acting hurt by it. It makes Brian appear unprofessional and easily mocked by fans. I've come across a few who said that Brian is acting petty and childish, and it annoyed me, but I can't blame them when they think that, because the second he sees someone criticizing his book, he gets offended and it's not a pretty picture. Especially when you're an amazing writer. He should be more confident about his book. He has lots of fans, so what does it matter if some don't like his books.

I don't know why Jeanty expressed not being able to understand After the Fall. Was he just being honest or a jerk? If I were in his place, even if I had problems with After the Fall, I won't state them, because I know that some will take it like you did, Sue, and that doesn't show me in a good light at all.
                    Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

I don't know why Jeanty expressed not being able to understand After the Fall. Was he just being honest or a jerk? If I were in his place, even if I had problems with After the Fall, I won't state them, because I know that some will take it like you did, Sue, and that doesn't show me in a good light at all.
                      I think the term is being seen as acting 'unprofessionally' in front of your peers.

You're right. On both sides it's best to ignore stupid comments from others, but sadly Darkhorse has seemed to have made a few passive aggressive digs to AFT in the past, so I can understand Brian's desire to redress that now.

And no, I've never been confused by season 8, just surprised at the odd direction it's taken, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
                        As for Brain's reply, I hate it when he shows that he's offended by someone not enjoying his book. I wish he keeps his cool more often. I mean how many times we heard fans complain about S8, I never saw Joss or any of the writers acting hurt by it. It makes Brian appear unprofessional and easily mocked by fans. I've come across a few who said that Brian is acting petty and childish, and it annoyed me, but I can't blame them when they think that, because the second he sees someone criticizing his book, he gets offended and it's not a pretty picture. Especially when you're an amazing writer. He should be more confident about his book. He has lots of fans, so what does it matter if some don't like his books.
                        I agree with this, to an extent, but a random fan's criticism of the comic does not weigh nearly as heavily as a VIP's criticism of it, like Jeanty's. After the offense people took at his previous interview/DragonCon comments and at Allie's interview/SlayAlive comments, you'd think they would both learn to be a bit more diplomatic.

Comment

but sadly Darkhorse has seemed to have made a few passive aggressive digs to AFT in the past, so I can understand Brian's desire to redress that now.

Really? I haven't heard of them, care to share a link? I never cared for what producers and such comment about, all I care about is reading and enjoying as well as getting spoilers, so that's probably why I'd miss on some petty stuff like these.

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                          I agree with this, to an extent, but a random fan's criticism of the comic does not weigh nearly as heavily as a VIP's criticism of it, like Jeanty's. After the offense people took at his previous interview/DragonCon comments and at Allie's interview/SlayAlive comments, you'd think they would both learn to be a bit more diplomatic.
                          LOL, I guess I'm pretty much out of the loop What did he say in his previous interview/DragonCon?
                          Last edited by Sosa lola; 29-09-08, 07:03 PM.
                          Made by Trickyboxes

Comment

so that's probably why I'd miss on some petty stuff like these.
                            I find that kind of thing only 'petty' when it's the fans talking amongst themselves. When it comes from employees of the professional publications involved it becomes bloody off putting.

Comic book folk seem a 'chatty bunch'. Maybe they'd be better off taking a leaf out of Whedons book when it comes to deporting themselves online.
                            Last edited by sueworld; 29-09-08, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa lola View Post
                              LOL, I guess I'm pretty much out of the loop What did he say in his previous interview/DragonCon?
                              Oh, nothing about IDW, just their usual anti-Spike/-Spuffy partyline. I was just saying that the reaction that got from a large segment of the fandom should have clued them in that they need to be more careful with their comments and their criticisms. When that sort of thing is coming from a random fan, it's dismissible, but when it's coming from them, it has this VIP Seal of Approval that's really hard to ignore or forgive.

By the way: I suppose Brian was referring to anti-Angel: After the Fall letters in the Slay the Critics section, up there? 'Cause it wouldn't be the first time that inspired complaints, either...

Comment

It's pitiful how many (or not many, technically) "fans" love to foment these kinds of things as "arguments" between the creators of the current Buffyverse series just to gratify their own hostility toward one book or the other. If I were to go IDW, would there be posts about Jeanty's comments basically saying "oooooh Brian! Jeanty dissed you! You've been served and now it's on!"
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

If you mean would they be backing Brian up on his recent comments, well yes.

As to trying to start some kind of rivalry' between the two publishers, no.

They're quite capable of doing that on their own it seems.

Comment

No, I mean before he posted, to egg him on and blow the initial Jeanty comments out of proportion. Not the least of which being, well, you. It's no secret you're completely in the tank against Season 8. If Scott Allie, Georges Jeanty, Joss Whedon, and Karl Moline were to jump out of a cruise ship and walk across the water back to shore, you'd very quickly go on LiveJournal to post "look, Season 8 can't swim!" The bottom line is that IDW has been delivering shirtless Spike and Dark Horse has *only* delivered it *once* despite Spike not actually being a character in the season -- therefore, Dark Horse's product sucks.
                                    sigpic
                                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

No, I mean before he posted, to egg him on and blow the initial Jeanty comments out of proportion.
                                      I see, so this is somehow all my fault? Just because I don't think that season 8 is all that great? Good lord, please get a grip!

I can't read the rest of your post because of trying to wipe the tears of laughter out of my eyes.

Never change love.

Comment

I think with all the fan criticism of these interviews, people are going to be less inclined to participate in said interviews in the future. That would really suck.

Comment

Working...
                                        X