• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy 8.21 Cover (spoilers)

Covers and solicitation for Buffy 8.21:

Here

Spoiler:
    Well, I guess Harmony got out of L.A., then. Either that, or we're about to have all of our AtF vs. S8 questions answered...

Not so sure how I feel about seeing Harmony. I love her on AtS, but for some reason, never really liked her on BtVS. But the cover is certainly a great likeness of her.
    The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Spoiler:
    When Issue 21 is out, ATF isn't finished yet ... so Harmony got out LA in time. I'm not sure if that makes sense, she was in the W&H building when Angel took down Hamilton ... and you would think that Harmony went home after that ... packing to leave LA or to sleep or something like that. It's not like she knew about what would happen.

But I guess that Harmony returns to the big sister show. I like Harmony, but I'm not sure if I want her to eat precious season 8 time.

pretty cover, not the best but it's a pretty one.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Wasn't huge on Harmony for most of the TV series, but Not Fade Away won me over. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing her again.

Also, this has to be where we learn whether Buffy knows Spike is alive, y/y? I can't imagine Harmony not rubbing it in. Even better that Jane Espenson is writing this arc, since she was such a big fan of the Spike/Buffy relationship.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Personally I think Joss will continue to ignore that little 'issue'.

Comment

Whoa! Okay, I sorta wanna retract something I had said a few times on this board, which was that I was tired that Whedon would reintroduce old recurring characters (Amy, Warren, Ethan, Dracula) instead of reintroducing its core characters (The Scoobies -- like Giles!). However, I am really excited that Harmony's getting an issue because I thought she made quite a mark in the TV series in a way no other character did; nope, not even Cordelia, Spike, or Anya. I was actually sorta bummed that she didn't appear in season 6 or even 7. Harmony had been there since the beginning -- and I mean "unaired pilot" kind of beginning.

So now with this issue, I'm very curious to know what Harmony has been up to. Although I do hope that this is a standalone that only slightly affects the season arc (ala "No Future for You"). After "Wolves at the Gate" and currently with "Time of Your Life," I need a breather from all of this epic battle-ness-ity.
          Or, well actually, I think I'm gonna enjoy it whether it will deviate itself from the arc or not, simply because it will be written by Jane Espenson herself! Now we just need some Douglas Petrie, Steven S. DeKnight, David Greenwalt, and Marti Noxon too!
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            This sounds great. No better poster girl for Vampire Stardom than Harmony, the Littlest Vampire.

Seriously, though, Harmony as a Vampire always intrigued me. As a human she was a sheep and seemed to have a personality so shallow it was in constant danger of evaporating, but out of every vampire we've seen on either show her demon got control of her the least. In fact, I would say that she showed more empathy and humanity as a vampire than she ever did as a human.

I know this arc is five standalones from five different point of views, but do we know for certain that the characters in the issues are definitely going to be interacting with Buffy, Xander and Co? I got the impression that they each were going to be like the Chain. If so, then the "Does Buffy Know about Spike" issue will probably stay unmentioned, but if Harmony interacts with Buffy at all then I think it's pretty necessary to mention it. It's been understandable up till now that it hasn't come up, but to ignore a cue like this would just be silly.
            Last edited by XavierZane; 11-09-08, 02:47 AM.

Comment

i don't know what the hell is going on in this next arc, or whatever, but I have to say it makes me happy to see harmony again. She makes me laugh! I can only imagine where the writers are taking this! Harmony as a vamp celebrity makes some kind of odd sense though!

Comment

Well..

Spoiler:

Unless she's going to be someone's love interest or bed partner I'm not exactly sure what the point of bringing Harmony back is unless it's for sheer comedy value which I think was her last onscreen appearance in BTVS.

And lest we forget, characters crossing over from one show to the other tend to undergo massive personality shifts (Willow and Faith).

The rest, I could do without save for the comment about 'Slayers being out'. I don't think that wording was accidental in the slightest.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh what a fantastic cover, I agree it's not the best we've seen but still... Chen knocks it out of the park again.

I'm not going to spoiler 'cause the title says "spoilers"

The blurb is very interesting "Vampires are in, slayers are out." This was the issue Joss said that really hits the ground running for the season so something major is probably going to happen. Gotta wonder by the phrasing though? I knew slayers were going to be made public but here it gives the impression vampires become the popular liked ones and slayers the unpopular disliked ones? If that's true is it possible after her time in Issue #20 in season one Buffy comes back to a world that's slightly been altered? Or is the blurb just embellishing a little on that one?

And who else loves the fact that whenever Harmony gets a starring role in an episode they name the episode after her in some way? "Disharmony" "Harm's Way" and now "Harmonic Divergence"

I'm very excited, always wanted Harmony back in seasons six and seven. I agree with Weredog she's been there from the pilot episode- even the unaired pilot, you gotta have some harm in the Buffyverse.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with Charles's view that there wouldn't be very much for Harmony to do in S8 EXCEPT -

Spoiler:
                    tell everyone else about what was going on at W&H in the last days and to let Buffy know that Spike is still alive!

I know the covers aren't always true to the content of the story but I am a little disappointed that she's back to her old blood-sucking ways... I wish she could have laid off the plasma. Oh well.
                    -TP<3
                    "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                    - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Well..

Spoiler:

Unless she's going to be someone's love interest or bed partner I'm not exactly sure what the point of bringing Harmony back is unless it's for sheer comedy value
                      Spoiler:
                      Why bring her back? Because she is made of awesome. I love Harmony. I hope her and Andrew make a documentary together. Andrew the producer would be hilarious...since he was responsible for those slayer ads, makes sense he'd take it upon himself to handle the media once the slayer secret gets out.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Making a vampire ad without the star of the ads; not possible.

Who needs Harmony?

But I would love to see Harmony/Andrew bonding.
                        Last edited by Nina; 11-09-08, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Personally I always thought Harmony if she got out of LA was because she saw that demon army coming and just ran. She's not the stay and fight type so once she saw them I always figured she'd run in the opposite direction as quickly as possible. If LA wasn't already in hell at that point it makes sense she'd get out.

Harmony to me is quite an interesting character, she seemed to develope more as a vampire and get more layered than when she was human. She was capable of doing good and bad when a vampire without having a soul. I also liked how she made herself more kickass with the training, there is something awesome about killing a vamp with a chopstick.

Comment

So they are five standalones from five different viewpoints, so does that mean there's one over-riding story for the arc that they all get involved in? Also, who else can they have the rest about? I can sort of see Dru coming back for a plot like this, just not this one necessarily.

It's all very interesting and I suppose I'll just have to wait in anticipation.

As for the covers, I really like the Chen one, as always she's done a brilliant job of capturing the essence of the person and if her expression on the covers go, she's having a good time since leaving W&H, does she even know that LA is submerged in Hell? And it sounds like Harmony is some kind of celebrity, I just hope it's not for her singing. (Why haven't they actually mentioned that in season 8, by the way?) I'm not too keen on Jeanty's cover, but it's alright.

Another quick question, is this arc definitely set in the present time? I hope so because I can't deal with more backward and foreward time jumping.
                            sigpic

Comment

From what I heard;

Spoiler:
                              Kennedy and Satsu will both get an issue in this arc as well. I'm not sure what the actual arc will be, something about vampires and slayers in this 'new' situation? Kennedy, Satsu, Harmony, another vampire?, another vampire/slayer? I doubt that they will bring Angel/Spike into season 8 this early ... so Dru can be a good guess. And another slayer can be everybody ... it can be the decoy in Rome or Vi or Rhona ... or maybe Buffy herself.
                              Last edited by Nina; 11-09-08, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                                From what I heard;

Spoiler:
                                Kennedy and Satsu will both get an issue in this arc as well. I'm not sure what the actual arc will be, something about vampires and slayers in this 'new' situation? Kennedy, Satsu, Harmony, another vampire?, another vampire/slayer? I doubt that they will bring Angel/Spike into season 8 this early ... so Dru can be a good guess. And another slayer can be everybody ... it can be the decoy in Rome or Vi or Rhona ... or maybe Buffy herself.
                                I'm really happy Kennedy's getting her own issue, maybe now we'll find out more about what happened to Willow and herself during the hiatus between the show and the comics.

I think the decoy in Rome is a good guess, I kind of want to say Dana too, but I doubt she's stable enough yet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Could one of the slayer stories be Faith, as a way to bring her and Giles back into the Storyline again before things gear up for the finale?

Comment

I'm not sure if they would put Faith and Giles in this arc, I think that they will go with a stand alone issue for a newsflash about those two ... but I really don't know.

Besides, is this the arc where;

Spoiler:
                                    The mystical world goes public? We know that it will happen and that Angel has to deal with it in 'Aftermath'. It would make sense if ATF would return around this time as well, because I doubt that the people in LA would ignore all those demons again. And Harmony can start a career as a famous vampire and visit Oprah

Comment

The return of Harmony will kick off an "arc" of standalones that highlight vampires going public. I hope that Harmony isn't going to suddenly be more evil than she was in Angel Season 5. Maybe Twilight manipulates events so that she becomes the first public vampire, but I don't want Harmony mwahahahaing about it herself.

I had an amusing thought that maybe she'll be Xander's "hook-up" at some point, as a way to create some great comedy and tension when Buffy finds out and busts him for sleeping with vampires. Highly unlikely, but that would be a funny scene.

Kennedy's issue is 8.22 I think. Scott Allie also said she looks very hot on the cover Satsu gets another one. That leaves two -- I doubt any of the major/core characters will get one. Faith and Giles are maybes, but I doubt it. Andrew is possible. I wouldn't completely rule out a Riley issue -- even if he's not secretly Twilight, he's an interesting character we could see react to this. Wood is also a possibility.
                                      sigpic
                                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

I like the Jeanty cover more this time. I can't wait for this issue! Andrew and Harmony interacting would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                        X