No announcement yet.

Is Willow going to die? (8.18 Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Willow going to die? (8.18 Spoilers)

Am I the only one who got a vibe, from reading 8.18, that Present Willow will die in the next issue?
    sigpic

I was more thinking about the Willow from the future. I haven't read the latest issue yet, so I probably missed the hints ... but I think that there is a big chance that future!Willow will die. If our Willow would die, future!Willow can't be there ... or Fray should be an AU (which is possible).
    Last edited by Nina; 05-09-08, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I got the vibe many issues ago. I really don't know though. A world without Willow would be like a world without...sunshine.

Comment

Present Willow isn't dying in this arc, I think almost no chance at all. FDW might die, though, since she may only have been hanging on to get see Buffy. I'm also thinking Melaka will die. Regardless, I think if anyone gets killed in this arc, it'll happen in the future.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by RuFio View Post
          I got the vibe many issues ago. I really don't know though. A world without Willow would be like a world without...sunshine.
          I think that's where Joss wants to head. Issue #20 could easily be a "remember back in the day..." piece before the Scoobies head for the season's big bad fight. It could also explain Oz's return to the series.
          sigpic

Comment

I've thought for a while since she got involved with Saga Vasuki that she was heading for trouble. She's in over her head with someone who's I think considerably more powerful and who's rules Willow always has to play by. I hope Fray doesn't die in a Buffy comic I want her to have her own title hold her death if it has to come. To get brought over just to be killed doesn't do her justice. I wonder if we'll get reaon why Willow shouldn't look into the future, is it Dark Willow's precense or something else that Willow could see and make her actions different and change things? I don't want Willow to die but I'd like her to get a punch in the face curtesy of Kennedy at some point.

Comment

Willow and Buffy are the two safest characters in the whole season. If there's a Season Nine, then maybe they might off Willow briefly but bring her back or do the same with Buffy.

Dawn's much more likely to die then either.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure about Willow dying, but I am positive that she'll see her future self and horrible magic things will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Willow and Buffy are the two safest characters in the whole season. If there's a Season Nine, then maybe they might off Willow briefly but bring her back or do the same with Buffy.

Really? I find Buffy (of course) and Dawn are the safest of the whole gang, even before Xander and Giles. And I think Willow could be on Whedon's hit-list for sure. I wouldn't have thought so during the past seasons, but season eight seems to want to dispense everything that is magic (Ethan, Roden, Slayers, etc.). And since Willow is severely tied to magic, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she was offed (whether it's at Buffy's advantage or not).

If I'm wrong, remind me not to be your fortune teller. It's just a theory...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Im with Charles. Buffy and Willow are the safest characters. And with Dawn's transformations, she could transform into anything, she could transform into nothingness ( did i totally just make that word up?, hopefully it made sense )

Comment

In my opinion Willow's the character most in jeopardy of death.

Buffy can't really die because it's her comic, it couldn't still be called Buffy the Vampire Slayer if she died and as there's a ninth season planned it wouldn't really fit. Also, it doesn't make sense for them to kill off their only normal character in Xander as that is the aim to wipe out all supernatural beings, Xander not being one, also it makes more sense for the writers to want to hurt him even more. Giles has just started his Slayer Social Work thing with Faith and it wouldn't make sense for them to put him on that path if they were just going to kill him. Also Dawn because of her transformations.

Willow could be in danger from Saga Vasuki, nobody really knows much about her, other than Willow obviously got some magickal teaching/guidance from her and she's been associated with evil creatures in the past, Kumiko (who could still be out there, we never saw her dust) and it just seems to fit that Willow will die with her supernatural connections and it would probably affect every character in some way.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but while FDW might die, the only way present Willow dies is if she comes back again. Otherwise, how could she possibly survive to become FDW? It would effectively remove every event in the last arc (as well as, possibly, Fray's existence) from the time-line, which wouldn't make much sense. Whatever happens in Issue 19, I doubt we'll see present day Willow dying any time soon.
                        Last edited by Anon; 09-10-08, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weredog View Post
                          Really? I find Buffy (of course) and Dawn are the safest of the whole gang, even before Xander and Giles. And I think Willow could be on Whedon's hit-list for sure. I wouldn't have thought so during the past seasons, but season eight seems to want to dispense everything that is magic (Ethan, Roden, Slayers, etc.). And since Willow is severely tied to magic, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she was offed (whether it's at Buffy's advantage or not).

If I'm wrong, remind me not to be your fortune teller. It's just a theory...
                          Willow is Joss's favorite character, she's not going anywhere. She may pass but she won't remain any deader then Buffy has.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Also, it doesn't make sense for them to kill off their only normal character in Xander as that is the aim to wipe out all supernatural beings, Xander not being one, also it makes more sense for the writers to want to hurt him even more.

I couldn't quite follow this sentence. But the idea that they wouldn't kill off Xander because he's the only normal character in the show isn't a valid reason. I'd even suggest that it is the soul reason for them to kill him off. So far it has been a miracle that he's still alive. And I believe it only happened because he one of the core four and because Nick Brendon didn't want to quite. Why? Because Joss doesn't know what to write for a normal character.

Comment

Originally posted by Koos View Post
                              I couldn't quite follow this sentence. But the idea that they wouldn't kill off Xander because he's the only normal character in the show isn't a valid reason. I'd even suggest that it is the soul reason for them to kill him off. So far it has been a miracle that he's still alive. And I believe it only happened because he one of the core four and because Nick Brendon didn't want to quite. Why? Because Joss doesn't know what to write for a normal character.
                              I meant that it didn't make sense for them to kill Xander off because he is ordinary. Season 8 is all about magical, supernatural creatures being banished and everything like that coming to an end, so why would they kill an ordinary character if they wanted to endorse this?
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't really want Willow to die at all, but if she does have to die I want it to be after she's faced the consequences of her time spent with Saga Vasuki, to kill Willow would leave all of that wide open. Why go down that road then just leave it there with no one any the wiser as to who she is and how it all began?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                  I meant that it didn't make sense for them to kill Xander off because he is ordinary. Season 8 is all about magical, supernatural creatures being banished and everything like that coming to an end, so why would they kill an ordinary character if they wanted to endorse this?
                                  I'm not sure if The End of Magic means that all supernatural creatures are being banished. For one thing, for example, is a vampire a magical being? And another, does is mean that they would be killed off? Would Willow die when the has been cut off from magic. I don't think so. Also: the end of magic is only restricted to our plane of excistence. Willow could still end up as a higher being in another plane of existence, but than she would cutt off from world and from her friends.

Anyway, I know what you mean, and it also gave me a thought that there's hope for Xander. But given the history of the BtVS realm, I still would say that he has a lesser chance than to the supernatural characters of the main cast. If only to inflict pain to them or to push the arc forward.

Comment

Working...
                                  X