Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy 8.16 "Time of Your Life", Part I SNEAK PREVIEW (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy 8.16 "Time of Your Life", Part I SNEAK PREVIEW (SPOILERS)

Yes, a preview of the Fray crossover.

Buffy 8.16 preview pages

Awesome, awesome, awesome. LOVE that it starts with the same narration, the same words, but by a different Slayer, as "Fray" does

And, Dawn? Still a giant.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

That looks great. Damn what month does 16 come out? July?
    I'm glad I'm familiar with Fray and Tales of the Slayers.. although I guess you can work it out if you're not.

Guess Buffy and Fray now have something else in common
    Spoiler:
    the stealing

Maybe Dawn is in pain because she's about to be turned small? Not sure.. Joss is the sort to leave her big as long as possible.
    sigpic

Comment

The article actually mentions that Kennedy will be in the arc as well, which is... a good thing? Man, I can't believe I want her around

Think Xander will have instant Slayer crush on Melaka, or did that wear off at some point after living with dozens of them?

Y'know, Dawn being in pain really times up well -- months and months ago, Scott Allie said in the letter column that it would be maybe half way through the season before we knew what was going on with Dawn. "Time of Your Life" goes through 8.19. I'm hoping it's a Put Dawn in Peril plot from her giantness that will actually make her normal size again.
      sigpic
      Banner by LRae12

Comment

A little early, no? Alright, well that's awesome though!

Just a few thoughts about the preview and Karl Moline Interview:
        • The pencils are okay. Karl Moline admits that he had trouble with Buffy in the first issue and hopes he'll be better by the fourth part. I give him a pass.
        • Buffy in a dress = awesome. This takes me back to the good ol' season 1/2 days where she slayed in bare legs. Ahh... nostalgia....
        • It's interesting that Kennedy will be in this arc. I wonder if she has any significant role in the arc aside from being Willow's girlfriend/Scooby ally. Not that I'd mind either way Joss goes with it. Just as long as there's no more whining.
        • Is Dawn pregnant?! If so, that'd mean that it's either Nick's or perhaps another individual's from "Wolves at the Gate". I was wondering when "Buffy" would deal with pregnancy!
        sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome. My one gripe about this is... well... Dawn.

Seriously, she's been a giant for far too long, she's only had one awesome giant moment and the whole gag stopped being funny a long time ago. Enough is enough.

That said, I can't wait to see what the Buffy/Fray interaction is like. The two characters are so very similar, yet at the same time so very different. I wonder if the scoobies will be taken to the future too?

Comment

Ooh this is going to be cool. Can't wait to this to be released .

~Trish

Comment

Wow a preview already, that's fantastic even if a little early?

Love the opening line, just great and I love the art. Still love Jeanty but it'll be nice to have an arc like this just for a change.

Guess I'm probably wrong in guessing this was a Buffy birthday arc then... I'll cross that speculation off my list.

Spoiler:
              I'm guessing Dawn is having a case of giant cramps? I've already heard speculation that she's pregnant, but I dunno.. can't see it. Yet.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                Wow a preview already, that's fantastic even if a little early?

Love the opening line, just great and I love the art. Still love Jeanty but it'll be nice to have an arc like this just for a change.

Guess I'm probably wrong in guessing this was a Buffy birthday arc then... I'll cross that speculation off my list.

Spoiler:
                I'm guessing Dawn is having a case of giant cramps? I've already heard speculation that she's pregnant, but I dunno.. can't see it. Yet.
                Mogs, I was thinking the same thing about Dawn!!! All she needs is some Midol and she'll be fine. Granted she may need A LOT of it but the stuff works miracles, I'm tellin ya.

Hopefully they explain what Fray is for the people who never read any of the Fray comics, (ie: me). Never read it, never actually knew anything about Fray up until now so I'm just hoping they explain it a little instead of just assuming everyone knows about it. Then maybe I won't be completely lost.
                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

A handy guide to Fray, for those who don't know who she is.

Though I've never read 'Tales of the Slayers', and would be curious to know what happens in the Fray story there?

Comment

Tales of the Slayer Fray story: as described by me
                    Spoiler:
                    She's slaying some vamps.. her boss sent her to grab something in a box.. she opens to box, and a monkey demon thing jumps out. Takes her scythe. She runs after him for a while till he comes to this room without a roof somewhere. And inside it on the floor is a huge mural of the scythe. Fray jumps in with him, has a look, and there's lots of watchers diaries from most previous slayers.. and that's pretty much the end
                    Although it's told *a lot* better then the way I describe it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Buffy asking "who is this girl?" is evidence Joss will explain some of the Fray backstory throughout the story. I'm guessing Fray will at some point say "I'm Fray" and "I'm a slayer" and naturally through conversation the backstory will be revealed to Buffy.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                        Yes, a preview of the Fray crossover.

Buffy 8.16 preview pages

Awesome, awesome, awesome. LOVE that it starts with the same narration, the same words, but by a different Slayer, as "Fray" does

And, Dawn? Still a giant.
                        Thanks for that KoC! And yes - I LOVE how it starts out with the same lines as FRAY!

Originally posted by alexa View Post
                        That looks great. Damn what month does 16 come out? July?
                        I'm glad I'm familiar with Fray and Tales of the Slayers.. although I guess you can work it out if you're not.

Guess Buffy and Fray now have something else in common
                        Spoiler:
                        the stealing

Maybe Dawn is in pain because she's about to be turned small? Not sure.. Joss is the sort to leave her big as long as possible.
                        Alexa - as to your spoiler - I never even thought about that!! It didn't cross my mind!! This changes my whole perspective about Buffy and the Slayers. I think I have been a little too judgemental towards Buffy..

And I think Dawn ate too many green apples...
                        -TP<3
                        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Alexa - as to your spoiler - I never even thought about that!! It didn't cross my mind!! This changes my whole perspective about Buffy and the Slayers. I think I have been a little too judgemental towards Buffy..
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah that crossed my mind also. I didn't mind so much with Mel because it's her job.. and we are told that she's a thief right away. What is it with Joss and thieves? Anyway suppose we have higher expectations for Buffy...

Kinda funny about Dawn.. was talking about it with someone, and he said 'oh she's prolly got stomach cramps cause it's that time of the month' and I'm like 'uh.. I guess. But Oooh MY GOD can you imagine going through that if you're a giant?! Well no because you're a guy. How big do they make tampons! Aw poor Dawn.'
                          sigpic

Comment

What is it with Joss and thieves?
                            He was probably brought up watching Robin Hood

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I cant wait for this arc it will be so interesting and cool to have Buffy in the future. I havent read Fray yet but Ive read up about her on wiki and she sounds brill!

I hope Dawn is in pain cos she is gonna go back to her usual height. It would be good to see her do something other than just be a big (now boring) joke. I get she is meant to be a giant as a metaphor for her feeling misplaced with Buffy and the other slayers but I want old (but older) Dawnie back v soon.

Comment

Does anyone think that Dawn is a giant because she has become pregnant with a giant child? Once she gives birth she can return to normal?

Comment

If Dawn is pregnant, I would guess that her child is normal-sized; that's why no one could tell that she's been pregnant, because the child is so small in comparison.

If she is pregnant, I wonder what will happen to the baby? I really cannot imagine a baby in Slayer Central, so I'm going to say that it's a) evil, b) supernatural in some way shape or form, or c) going to grow up super fast. Or, slightly more unlikely unless it's evil, d) die.
                                  The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

Originally posted by LaJaula View Post
                                    If she is pregnant, I wonder what will happen to the baby? I really cannot imagine a baby in Slayer Central, so I'm going to say that it's a) evil,
                                    Assuming it'd be Nick's, I doubt it'd be evil. As far as we know, he's human, right? Unless he's pulling some trick where he is evil and aimed to impregnate Dawn for some scheme. But I doubt that.

b) supernatural in some way shape or form,
                                    Because she became a giant? Or because it's what made her a giant?

d) die.
                                    That'd be a waste of a storyline, wouldn't it?
                                    sigpic

Comment

oh lord. this giant dawn thing has gone on way too long. and if she's pregnant, sheesh. that would be the ultimate nail in the "whedonverse sex = baddy badness" coffin. i mean, has anyone had sex without there being some kind of reprecussion? making those of us who just want some irresponsible tango of the horizontal kind feel well.... irresponsible.

i'm so silly today.

in other news, I'm stoked for the crossover, I know a lot of people are being haters (*cough enderswrath *cough), but I for one loved Fray. so much in fact that when it came out I dyed my hair like hers. seriously. I have pictures. it was rad.

Comment

Because she became a giant? Or because it's what made her a giant?
                                        Well, she either is a giant because of the baby, or the baby is something entirely independent, hidden by the fact that she's giant. But I'm just saying that it could be supernatural because this is the Buffyverse, and these things happen.

That'd be a waste of a storyline, wouldn't it?
                                        Well, for the baby, yes. But not for Dawn or Buffy or Xander or anyone else.
                                        The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

Working...
                                        X