Things you want to see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you want to see.

Here is a thread where people can post things they want to see in season and or season 9.

My main one would be a time jump. Now to be i really dont like it when a show that has nothing to do with time travel uses it. But i think ti would be a cool idea for the last buffy arc in season eight.

This is becxause the timeframe is quite annoying of season eight. Its set in later 2004 and the stories are just about to enter 2005. So i would like it if buffy jumped into the future to contemporay times with all her slayers and friends etc to help win the fight against twiglight. something like they did on the hew Terminator TV series.

Also i would like an arc that featured a crossover with another buffy universe much like the wish did. Now the crossover i want would be a crossover between kristy swanson buffy and SMG buffy. it has been stated by joss that the movie is in a paralelle universe like the wish universe. so they could do a crossover between them.

also kill dawn of. i cant stand her

what do you want to see.

I want to see one thing, a happy Buffy. And I don't care how she will be happy again ... a citytrip with mr. Gordo, sex with Spike or going back to college. It doesn't matter, but get this depressed, sad, self loathing woman of my comic pages.

And a good grey arc, with scoobies who are actually wrong or lose for once.

Comment

Buffy and Xander, finally together.

Comment

I don't think Buffy is this sad self loathing character people are making her out to be.

She's been seen joking around with Xander a lot, has better relationships with the slayers than she ever did in season seven... heck some people complained she along with the Scoobies were "too happy and friendly" after 'The Long Way Home' when Buffy and Willow are hugging and laughing.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Normal-sized Dawn!
          More Faith. Or maybe the "Faith" spinoff comics...
          Adam: "These are lies. [throws S8 comics in the trash] None of this is real. The world has been changed. It's intriguing but it's wrong."
          Vampire: "Feels ok to me."
          Adam: "You're under his spell just like the others. I seem to be the only one who is not." (c) 4.17 Superstar.

Comment

Another vote for normal-sized Dawn

Also, I'd love to see a flashback issue to what happened between Chose and The Lone Way Home.

I'd love to know if Buffy knew Spike is back or not.

Originally posted by Nina View Post
            And a good grey arc, with scoobies who are actually wrong or lose for once.
            I thought S6 covered that already
            Made by Trickyboxes
            Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Not enough, I that season it was the magic crack for Willow, Xander did nothing really bad and Buffy was very depressed and how bad is what she did? It was only bad for her.

I want to see Ats greyness for once ... Wesley locking Justine up in a closet, Angel killing lawyers, Fred and Gunn killing the prof, Gunn being corrupted, Connor who kills ... we all know why they did it ... but it was bad and no excuse like crack or glorious other side of the coin ...

And I'm also for normal sized Dawn, and more clearity about what happened with Dana and who was behind the humiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                I don't think Buffy is this sad self loathing character people are making her out to be.
                I agree!

She's been seen joking around with Xander a lot, has better relationships with the slayers than she ever did in season seven... heck some people complained she along with the Scoobies were "too happy and friendly" after 'The Long Way Home' when Buffy and Willow are hugging and laughing.
                She's definitely back on lively form. She's lost some of the rigidity and speech-making of season 7 - she's moved on from being Generalissimo Buffy. She may not have reached a state of lose-your-soulworthy perfectly happy, but who does in their early twenties? Or ever, for that matter. Life is imperfect, Buffy's imperfect, but she's doing a hell of a lot better than she was in season 6 or much of season 7. She's a young person in a position of a lot of responsibility, and she's making mistakes, but she's far from depressed, and bank robbing notwithstanding, hardly over to the dark side just yet.

THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE:

- more playing out of the Giles/Buffy situation, where they're at now, whether they've gone too far down separate paths to ever come to work together or (unlikely?) trust one another.

- more focus on Willow and Buffy's respective roles. I liked Anywhere but here on that score, so, more of that please! We've had more Xander and Buffy, which has been great, so I'd like more Willow and Buffy. And Willow and Xander for that matter. More of what it means for them to be sharing the running of this organisation.

-the locals' reaction to having a castle full of superpowered teenagers nearby. Just in passing, some funny pub scene. I'm thinking American Werewolf in London meets Withnail and I. (We're not from London you know...we're from Sunnydale )

-some more travel stories, with a particular group of Scoobies and slayers heading out to tackle trouble in some other part of the world.
                Spoiler:
                We're going to get that with the Japanese story...but, more please!
                My inner Harmony wants them to go to France. Or perhaps to run into her there...perhaps she'd be working for an evil fashion house?
                Last edited by Wolfie Gilmore; 07-03-08, 12:34 PM.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

She's definitely back on lively form. She's lost some of the rigidity and speech-making of season 7 - she's moved on from being Generalissimo Buffy. She may not have reached a state of lose-your-soulworthy perfectly happy, but who does in their early twenties? Or ever, for that matter. Life is imperfect, Buffy's imperfect, but she's doing a hell of a lot better than she was in season 6 or much of season 7. She's a young person in a position of a lot of responsibility, and she's making mistakes, but she's far from depressed, and bank robbing notwithstanding, hardly over to the dark side just yet.
                  Completely agree. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this, thought I was going crazy! Buffy seems a lot happier, despite her problems, than she did at least in the last two seasons of the show. She's back to her quirky self assured self, only recently does she seem to be slipping lately but more in a s2 or s3 style, not a downright spiral like s6 or s7 Buffy thankgod.

Really, I want more Xander/Willow as well. That's one of my main issues with the season thus far and I really hope we get some more conversation between the two of them. I want to hear Willow's thoughts on Renee, Xander ask some questions about Kennedy. I want Willow to ask about Xander's role some more and Xander to ask where the hell has she been (he started in 'The Long Way Home' but was cut short) and more importantly I want Willow to confront Xander about what's been going on with Buffy. Mainly his "incredibly sexy" remark in relation to the bank robbing, and if she feels Xander's crossed the mark as well.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                    My inner Harmony wants them to go to France. Or perhaps to run into her there...perhaps she'd be working for an evil fashion house?
                    Omg, that's my new dearest wish for season eight! I'd so rather see Harmony than, say, Amy/Warren, in terms of guest spots.

I'm totally with you on the more from the Buffy/Giles storyline. Or else...more from Giles and faith. I was really starting to enjoy their interaction. a spin off?
                    sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                      Not enough, I that season it was the magic crack for Willow, Xander did nothing really bad and Buffy was very depressed and how bad is what she did? It was only bad for her.

I want to see Ats greyness for once ... Wesley locking Justine up in a closet, Angel killing lawyers, Fred and Gunn killing the prof, Gunn being corrupted, Connor who kills ... we all know why they did it ... but it was bad and no excuse like crack or glorious other side of the coin ....
                      I thought Willow went too gray in S6 for her character, she mind raped Tara, she brought Buffy from Heaven, she killed two men and wanted to destroy the world. That's far more awful than what Wesley, Fred and Gunn had done.

While Xander and Buffy's actions weren't the killing type of gray. But they had done some awful, questionable things where they weren't saints. (abusive relationship with Spike (Buffy) and beating someone who couldn't fight back and almost staking him (Xander))
                      Made by Trickyboxes
                      Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Sosa Lola
                        I thought Willow went too gray in S6 for her character, she mind raped Tara, she brought Buffy from Heaven, she killed two men and wanted to destroy the world. That's far more awful than what Wesley, Fred and Gunn had done.
                        See, I love Wesley, Fred, and Gunn's stories much more, because they actually had follow-through. Killing the prof destroyed Fred and Gunn's relationship; they felt so guilty that they couldn't stand to be around one another. This was an ongoing theme throughout Season Four. Wesley, too, had to suffer for an entire season and half after kidnapping Connor- he was ostracized from his friends, distrusted- as he should be.

Willow? Mind-raped Tara, but nothing ever came of that in terms of consequences. Tara left her, yes, but she got back together with Willow and Willow never apologized for it. And yes, she killed two men, but she never got in trouble for that; in fact, she was welcomed back with open arms. And by the time we get to "Orpheus", Willow jokes about it. "I flayed a man alive, haha!"

So I think the set-up was okay; I think Willow's attempts to have control over her life and her desires to do what's best, regardless of whatever anyone else thinks, can be traced back to "Lover's Walk", if not earlier, but I think that after the deeds were done, there should have been more repercussions. So if we get morally gray characters who actually repent in Season Eight, then I'm all for it. I personally would love to see Buffy knocked down a peg or two, and have her actually learn and become a better person for it. I think she pretty much thinks that she can get away with anything now, so I'm really hoping Twilight corrects that problem.
                        The story's kinda bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

Comment

I'd like to see Xander have a plot.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that isn't entirely self-contained and resolved within one episode or arc (For the comics), nor that it be mostly treated as "ha ha, isn't it funny how willing we are to humiliate Xander?"

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that actually explores his character some, lets him and us discover new things about himself, or that challenges his and our ideas about his core identity by at least one-tenth as much as we have seen (and apparently will continue to see) Buffy or Willow do so.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that won't obviously be clearly subsumed, overshadowed, or overwhelmed by whatever plots Buffy and Willow get.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that doesn't once again rehash the buttmonkey issues, the self-confidence issues, the "once again I must struggle with the fact that all my friends have powers and are considered clearly more important than I am while my contributions are never noticed and utterly taken for granted" issues, or reaffirm that Xander is absolutely dead last in the writers' interest and his only role is to always, always be the guy everybody can count on to be supportive or else he's a monstrous jerk.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that isn't a rehash of the "hm, we better give Xander a new girlfriend/romantic interest, not because we're actually interested in his new potential relationship or his romantic interest or in how it will affect him, but simply because we want to remind everybody that he's not ever going to be a potential romantic interest for any character we actually give a damn about." That's how Xanya started, that's how they continued to be for 2 1/2 seasons, and that's pretty much what this thing with Renee is looking exactly like.

Clearly, I want too many things, none of which I expect to get. Oh, when Season Eight looked like it was going to be different from seasons 4-7....

Comment

Originally posted by Skippcomet View Post
                            I'd like to see Xander have a plot.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that isn't entirely self-contained and resolved within one episode or arc (For the comics), nor that it be mostly treated as "ha ha, isn't it funny how willing we are to humiliate Xander?"

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that actually explores his character some, lets him and us discover new things about himself, or that challenges his and our ideas about his core identity by at least one-tenth as much as we have seen (and apparently will continue to see) Buffy or Willow do so.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that won't obviously be clearly subsumed, overshadowed, or overwhelmed by whatever plots Buffy and Willow get.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that doesn't once again rehash the buttmonkey issues, the self-confidence issues, the "once again I must struggle with the fact that all my friends have powers and are considered clearly more important than I am while my contributions are never noticed and utterly taken for granted" issues, or reaffirm that Xander is absolutely dead last in the writers' interest and his only role is to always, always be the guy everybody can count on to be supportive or else he's a monstrous jerk.

I'd like to see Xander have a plot that isn't a rehash of the "hm, we better give Xander a new girlfriend/romantic interest, not because we're actually interested in his new potential relationship or his romantic interest or in how it will affect him, but simply because we want to remind everybody that he's not ever going to be a potential romantic interest for any character we actually give a damn about." That's how Xanya started, that's how they continued to be for 2 1/2 seasons, and that's pretty much what this thing with Renee is looking exactly like.

Clearly, I want too many things, none of which I expect to get. Oh, when Season Eight looked like it was going to be different from seasons 4-7....
                            QFMFT.

I am a bit concerned for the X-man mainly because I have been down this road before, S7 being especially bad.

Plus great point on the whole Xanya thing, she really was created just to give Xander something to do, and while some cool stuff came from it, it overstayed its welcome by far (Post-Selfless it was just dumb).

I still have some hope however, as he has been more active in this season than he has in the last several, so I hope the Renee thing is just a red herring, or some such.

Comment

Things you want to see

Hi everyone,
                              I am a newcomer and a Buffy fan of recent vintage.Please bear with me if it takes me a little while to get into the style of your forum.

What I most want to see before the end of Season 8 is a resolution of the issues raised in "No future for you". On this subject I hope members won't mind if I express a deep and bitter dislike of the way Buffy was allowed to be humiliated in #8. I still feel very angry about it. Am I alone?

My main point,however, is this:Buffy has got to have a showdown with Giles. It is time she realized that Giles has been a secret enemy for a long time, driven by resentment and a desire to be the chief authority, motives which he tries to hide from himself.

In Season 7 he betrayed her twice. In "Lies my parents told me" he conspired with Robin Wood to murder Spike, which would have been a fine present for the First Evil. When Buffy remonstrated with him, he said "It was for your own good." Which was cosmically patronizing and offensive.

Later in "Empty Places" he joined in the mutiny against Buffy which could have handed victory to the First. I fancy Giles and Wood thought the could establish patriarchal control over these females, provided Buffy was out of the way. Of course Buffy was acting in a self defeating fashion at that time. Since then she has learned how to be a good leader rather than a rotten boss.

Now he is playing games with Faith and keeping Buffy out of the picture."I don't want you to be involved in this" he says--as if he is the man in charge and Buffy is his junior.There is a bottomless well of resentment and egotism in Giles which Buffy and the others are slow to see.

No, Buffy must have a decisive confrontation with Giles and shut him down. In view of the relationship Faith now appears to have with Giles, shutting him down will have to mean another battle with Faith. After what happened in #8
                              another fight is inevitable in any case because it would undermine Buffy it it gets around that Faith now has the edge.

The relationship between those two is a Greek tragedy in that neither of them want to be enemies yet malevolent gods have decreed otherwise.

Comment

Welcome Michael

I think that enemies isn't the right word.
                                Giles is only the enemy if Buffy is always right, which she isn't. There is no bad guy and no good guy. Giles did what he believed was right, and he had some points. And Buffy had also some good points and believed that she was right. They are human and flawed and have different ideas about some issues. Faith and Giles aren't the bad guys; they aren't always right, but neither is Buffy. They are still on the same side.

And personally, I have no problem with Buffy being 'humiliated' (I don't think that this is the right word actually), she needs sometimes a wake up call because of her superiority complex.

Last edited by Nina; 20-03-08, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I'd like some real genuine reconciliation between Buffy and Faith that doesn't end with them trying to kill each other. A relationship were Faith confronts her issues, Buffy recognises Faith has issues, and Buffy realises that every move Faith makes is not done to undermine her. I thought we had that post season seven, but then the Faith arc showed this was clearly not the case...

Otherwise, season eight is delivering a lot of my hopes... we still don't know where Willow was, but screen/page time is actually being given to the scoobies hanging out!

Comment

Add another vote for normal-size Dawn. Then Dawn could go back to college and be gone.

I would really like to see Spike or at least find out if Buffy knows that he is alive or about the ATF happenings. I'm definitely feeling the lack of sarcasm since Spike and Anya are both gone, so we need a new source.

I'm definitely enjoying the Buffy/Xander camaraderie so more of that please.

Finally I'd like more explanation-How powerful is Willow now and where has she been?
                                    "All I ask is that... that you try to see me."

Comment

I sympathize with Veverka's desire to see Faith and Buffy reconciled, but for so long as the franchise is still developing the conflict between them will have to continue.

In truth it is good drama and good box office. First one,then the other will have to gain the upper hand,I regret to say. Maybe in the last issue of the last season everybody can embrace.

I would like to see a new character, a Wise Old Man who can guide Buffy and the Scooby's, and give them something of the spiritual and philosophical education that they never got in Sunnydale. He could be modeled somewhat on Carl Jung.

I would like to see a "Dark Buffy" arc in which Buffy becomes a vampire or in some other way goes over to the darkside. "No more ms nice girl! " would be her motto.

Comment

I would like to see a new character, a Wise Old Man who can guide Buffy and the Scooby's, and give them something of the spiritual and philosophical education that they never got in Sunnydale. He could be modeled somewhat on Carl Jung.
                                        I'd much rather have Giles back into the proceedings myself, rather then yet another new character.

As to 'Vampire Buffy', that would be a bit of a 'dead end' if you pardon the pun, as once turned, then what awaits her, except death really, unless you take her down the well trod redeemed path.

Comment

Working...
                                        X