Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy Crossover SPOILERS

Hey

Thought we should update the forum on the latest season 8 news, we don't want to be lagging behind everyone else!

It has been revealed that the next arc after 'Wolves At the Gate'will be written by Joss Whedon and.. yup.. is a crossover arc between Buffy and Fray.

Here's the cover by Jo Chen for Issue #16 found on slayalive.com,

Buffy/Fray Issue 16 Cover

I didn't see this coming. I know a lot of people wondered if Joss was ever going to do this and I know it was kind of evident season 8 was heading in this direction, but I wasn't sure Joss would ever actually do a crossover between these two characters.

Others are also speculating this may be the big Buffy- related news Joss was supposed to be revealing in June/July, as this is roughly the time this Issue will hit the shelves. So who knows, but if it is I guess Joss will be disapointed if it's already been made public.

I know it's a little early to be talking about this, we haven't even got the first issue of 'Wolves At the Gate' yet, but I found this too mind blowing not to post.

Thoughts, feelings? Are we glad this is happening or not?

Vampmogs
    I think it's a great idea for these two characters to meet
    39.02%
    I think it's a horrible idea, time travel.. yuck
    17.07%
    I have Faith in Joss but am a little weary of the idea
    29.27%
    Who's Fray?
    14.63%

~ Banner by Nina ~

Woot!! This is so awesome! I love Fray... but I can see if people hadn't read it they would be a little lost.
    Were they not suppost to confirm this on slayalive... opps I just posted about this on another forum. Guess it's spread now. But people have been speculating if this was going to happen for months. I'm really excited though .. wonder why Buffy and Fray are fighting for.. or hang on .. why is she even there.
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=alexa;164901]Woot!! This is so awesome! I love Fray... but I can see if people hadn't read it they would be a little lost.[/QUOT]

Yeah, I think a lot of people are going to have to catch up on 'Fray.' Though I suspect Joss may try and get people up to speed in the season 8 comics instead of just nose diving in there.

Were they not suppost to confirm this on slayalive... opps I just posted about this on another forum. Guess it's spread now. But people have been speculating if this was going to happen for months.
      I'm not sure, I mean slayalive is perfectly within their rights to post it, I didn't mean to imply that. I'm just not sure if this is the thing Joss is supposed to be revealing in June. And if it is I was just thinking that he might not be too happy.

I'm really excited though .. wonder why Buffy and Fray are fighting for.. or hang on .. why is she even there.
      Yeah I was wondering that too. It'll be interesting to see how Fray reacts to another slayer. Even more interesting will be how Buffy reacts to the future in general. I know if I popped into the future and saw flying cars.. I'd just be shocked. I suspect this is how the future with no slayers will be revealed which will also make Buffy feel like she's lost the war or something as well.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Also I suppose she'll find out why there is only one slayer in the future.. and some information about banishing all the demons from this dimension.. Can Willow time travel now? Oh well it's really interesting... but oh long time to wait.
        Hope Joss isn't too pissed... Scott Allie confirmed it, so I guess he gets his orders from J.

Yes I call him J now.. think I can legally do that after buying pencils for writers and owning all his works
        Last edited by alexa; 28-02-08, 09:07 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow. That's big. When I read crossover, my assumption was an Angel/Buffy one. Guess not. Huh. *is blown away*

I love this idea, but it seems... early, somehow. Am I crazy? I guess I thought with the whole idea of comics canon to Buffy, we'd be eased back into the 'verse.

Comment

Hell yeah! I can't wait. I wonder if the whole arc will be set in the future, or if it will have flashbacks between the future and the present, Futurama style.

This is one Joss is going to have to be very careful with regarding plot holes. I mean, if Buffy spends too long in the future, surely it would cross her mind to find out what the eventual fate is of the scoobs -who gets married to who, who dies etc. That kinda stuff is best left unknown, but it's gotta be kept unknown in a believable way.

Y'know it's possible that Fray herself knows what Buffy's future would be.

I wonder how the other scoobies will be involved in this arc.

Comment

I posted the full, high res cover image now thanks to Jo Chen herself.

Check it out on my site if you want to...it was already linked above by vampmogs.

My Site: SlayAlive MySpace: Profile

Comment

If this is Issue #16 does that mean we won't be having a standalone between 'Wolves At the Gate' and this arc?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I am a major Fray fan.

I think it would be a great idea for those two to meet. Also, it is great to get some more Fray action after the last comic book... But, it is really weird seeing Buffy and time travelling on the same page. I don't think it was ever done in Buffy or Angel, or is it just my stupid memory?

But I am excited to read this comic book when it comes out.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

I think the crossover is awesome. It's still way too early to judge the story itself, or even how the meeting comes about, but my first reaction to the news was, "Ooh, potential-heavy!"

Makes me wonder what would've happened if a televised season 8 had been made. Would we see a live-action Fray? That'd be pretty amazing.

Comment

I haven't read Fray yet (because apparently it is spoilory for what's to come), but I really hope it's not going to be canon, because it would then be spoilory for what's to come in a non-funny way. This is also the reason why I think it would be a horrible idea. Not because it would involve time-travel: that's cool!

Comment

Fray has been canon, per Joss, since it came out. But, what you're going to think of as spoilery in that series is actually a history told second hand. It's hearsay, if you will, and as such, even the accompanying images aren't necessarily the literal facts as they will unfold.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

I love the cover. Absolutely love it. I love how it appears, to me, that Chen is taking a page out of Foster's book and giving the covers a slightly more atmospheric look to them. My only complaint is that the coloring is very plain. It's pretty much all yellows and neutral colors. What I wish we could have is Foster do the atmospher and colors and have Chen do the people. That'd be a really amazing cover.

Or, you know, have Chen do all the art in an entire issue...Ah! I'd be in heaven.

I must say that I'm surprised that I'm the only one intrigued by why Buffy's wearing a fancy gown and high-heeled shoes...She looks beautiful (and almost exactly like how Sarah Michelle Gellar really looks when she's all dolled up) but what I'm really interested in is: A) How she got to the future and B) Why on earth she was wearing a dress and high heels and looking all amazing when she got transported there.

Maybe a date? Maybe something else?

I do not know.

But I feel incredibly shallow for even thinking about this more than how/why Buffy's in the future...
                          wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Sweet Moses!

ANGEL - After the Fall #4
                            Spoiler:
                            I wonder if Spike will make an appearance? We did see him in the future holding a Scythe like weapon in After the Fall #4. Having Buffy to discover that Spike's alive like that would be amazing. Seeing Future!Spike explain to Buffy how he's back would be fantastic. It could close Spuffy, giving Buffy enough closer so she doesn't decide to go looking for him when she gets back. Plus, it'll help connect Season 8, After the Fall, and Fray.

Plus, it would open Spike up to be a character in any new Fray comic that could potentially come out after this thing comes out.
                            I love the cover. Easily my favorite cover so far, I'm really glad to see Fray make her official Buffyverse appearance. I'm really excited about it.
                            Last edited by Thomas; 29-02-08, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I think Lynch has confirmed that Spike wasn't holding the slayer scythe and the panel had nothing to do with 'Fray.' But that would be an interesting way to resolve the issue.

I think it was King who speculated that Buffy was in a night gown in the cover, suggesting this may be some kind of dream time travel. But she is wearing high heels, very interesting if it is revealed she was going on a date Heather!

The poll is pretty much what I suspected, which is why I gave those kind of options. I thought there'd be people weary of the idea, people who love it and people who hate the idea of it. I had all three conflicting emotions just from first glancing at the cover. But hopefully Joss will make this great, I have faith he will.

And Buffy has technically time travelled once in the series, during 'Get It Done' which I hadn't considered, so it isn't completely out there for the Buffyverse.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I think Buffy's clothes on the cover is more symbolic. We've got Buffy, the beautiful blond from California wearing an elegant dress and heels. Then there's Melaka, who's wearing baggy pants and a tag top, with boots and a tattoo and multi-colored hair, but there they are, together wielding the same weapon. Both fighting the same cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
                                  I think Buffy's clothes on the cover is more symbolic. We've got Buffy, the beautiful blond from California wearing an elegant dress and heels. Then there's Melaka, who's wearing baggy pants and a tag top, with boots and a tattoo and multi-colored hair, but there they are, together wielding the same weapon. Both fighting the same cause.
                                  Could very well be. I mean in most of Jo Chen's covers she isn't illustrating what the characters are actually wearing in the issues. This could be another one of those times. It just stood out to me what she was wearing though, because I can't help but feel it wasn't supposed to be greatly noticed what she was wearing, wouldn't have Chen just put Buffy in a t-shirt and jeans?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Beautiful cover by Jo Chen -- it's great to have her back. Although it still lacks the vibrant colours that Jon Foster was (only) able to provide.

Regarding the introduction of Fray in "Buffy", I'm not sure I'm so keen on that. I hope that Joss won't leave non-Fray-readers in the corner, just so he can please those who have. But if he pleases both parties, then I'm all for it.

Does anyone know what this arc will be titled?
                                    sigpic

Comment

just because they meet on the cover does not mean they will meat in the story, the story might be a glimpse into the future from twiglight looking at the grim future.

Comment

Working...
                                      X