Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue #5 Speculation: may contain spoilers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue #5 Speculation: may contain spoilers

    Now, I thought this thread was necessary: there's some chatter in the ep#4 thread, but this is already a crazy long thread!

    I don't have my issue 4 with me, so not exactly sure about what they said at the end that issue 5 was going to be about, but something like it would have been a Joss special, had it been on TV, it's two months away , it's a backstory about another slayer...

    So, what else does anyone know? from memory, someone mentioned in the other thread that it would be 50 pages long!


  • #2
    It's the story of one of Buffy's decoys. I'm not sure whether it is the one that is "underground" (which I assume to mean was killed at some point) or the one posing as the Immortal's arm candy. I think the former might be it, since one of the major spoilers is
    Spoiler:
    that a Slayer dies in Issue #5.


    In Issue #4, Scott Allie says: "...Buffy #5 will be here in August, written by Joss and focusing on a character who probably didn't even exist in his mind before he penned the opening pages of Season Eight #1... Buffy #5 sees Joss turning the focus away from the Scoobies to tell the story of one Slayer's short but profound career. Joss put a lot into this one. If it were an episode of the show, he would have directed it."
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is the Chen cover with the a synopis of the story...

      http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-661

      And here is the Jeanty cover (same synopsis)

      http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/pro...sku=14-836%20b

      I can't wait for this issue! That Joss himself has slated an entire comic for this Slayer means it's going to be a must-read!!
      -TP<3
      "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
      - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

      Spuffy Videos!

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, when i heard
        focus away from the Scoobies to tell the story of one Slayer's short but profound career.
        , i immeadiatley thought Kendra. hmmmm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by smashed View Post
          Well, when i heard , i immeadiatley thought Kendra. hmmmm
          It isn't Kendra, it will be one of the Buffy decoy slayers.

          We also know that Rona and Vi (who will be called Violet in the comics) will also appear in this Issue. I'm betting they've been sent to find what happens.

          The spoilers also say that someone very close to Buffy will die, so either Buffy was very close with this decoy or Vi or Rona will be killed.

          ~ Banner by Nina ~

          Comment


          • #6
            The spoilers also say that someone very close to Buffy will die, so either Buffy was very close with this decoy or Vi or Rona will be killed.

            Unless it's?gulp?someone else entirely? But, he wouldn't kill a Scoob yet?would he??

            Maybe it's the Buffy double?cos, even if Buffy isn't mates with her, they're close in a sense, being a version of her?


            -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe it's Vi, I mean, Violet? They had to change the name because Vi's name looks like VI, the Roman Numeral, in the comics. Maybe to avoid confusion, since, we've all grown accustom to calling her Vi, he offs her?

              Comment


              • #8
                The spoilers have specifically mentioned a Slayer close to Buffy. I think we're looking at 90% certain its the decoy herself.
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  The spoilers have specifically mentioned a Slayer close to Buffy. I think we're looking at 90% certain its the decoy herself.
                  I think that makes narrative sense, too?was discussing this elsewhere, can't remember where?but if one of the slayers who's defending buffy by acting as a decoy dies, Buffy will be confronted with the repercussions of what she's done. She's shared her power, but also her danger?and that's gotta hit hard.


                  -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                    Unless it's?gulp?someone else entirely? But, he wouldn't kill a Scoob yet?would he??

                    Maybe it's the Buffy double?cos, even if Buffy isn't mates with her, they're close in a sense, being a version of her?
                    He wouldn't kill a Scooby because none of them will be in this Issue. It is most likely the decoy, but if Buffy isn't in the issue at all, how will we get to see her reaction to the news? I'd hate that to happen (really want to say offscreen here) lets just say.. off panels.. because it'd be such a huge deal for the season and partly what it is all about.

                    ~ Banner by Nina ~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                      He wouldn't kill a Scooby because none of them will be in this Issue. It is most likely the decoy, but if Buffy isn't in the issue at all, how will we get to see her reaction to the news? I'd hate that to happen (really want to say offscreen here) lets just say.. off panels.. because it'd be such a huge deal for the season and partly what it is all about.
                      Perhaps we get it in the next issue? Or...this would be interesting...hear about it second-hand? I quite like the idea of seeing things from the sidelines (not in a cheesy Babylon 5 way..what was that ep called? Awful...view from the gallery or something), getting an impression of how others see Buffy...though I would like to see it first hand too...hmm...


                      -- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                        It's the story of one of Buffy's decoys. I'm not sure whether it is the one that is "underground" (which I assume to mean was killed at some point)
                        Whenever I see the comment about a slayer being underground, the words that come to my mind are 'subterranean dwelling'. Perhaps the fifth issue is about a slayer living in an underground base, or one inside a cave.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anon View Post
                          Whenever I see the comment about a slayer being underground, the words that come to my mind are 'subterranean dwelling'. Perhaps the fifth issue is about a slayer living in an underground base, or one inside a cave.
                          From the variant cover of the Issue it looks a lot like this slayer is in hell. She is diving off a cliff with an axe towards what appears to be the devil (or a demon like him) and many other demons. (see link below)


                          http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/pro...sku=14-836%20a

                          ~ Banner by Nina ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Interview and some sketches from Paul Lee, holy hell the art looks amazing. Much better than Jeanty.

                            http://www.comicon.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/36/t/006413.html

                            From the interview:

                            THE PULSE: What were some of the other things that influenced how you saw these characters?

                            LEE: Well, in my issue, Giles and Andrew are the main cast members I dealt with. There are also appearances from some of the "Slayerettes" from season 7. I actually try really hard to get accurate likenesses. That's one of my strengths, and why I got the gig.
                            So, at least we get Giles (yay!) and Andrew (boo!) in this arc, so it looks like we may get to see more of what's happening in rome.

                            Check out the interview and the article, the preview art they have is just wow.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was just about to post these links

                              I'm hoping the art kind of stays true to what Jeanty has established as I don't want my characters looking dramatically different, so it is good to know that Lee is trying to follow his direction.

                              I'm happy to hear that both Giles and Andrew will be appearing in this Issue as Giles in particular needs more screen time and from the images we get to see in this article we will see our first regular vampire!

                              ~ Banner by Nina ~

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                kudos to bishopcruz, by the way, for the link

                                Is it just me or is Paul Lee's demon looking kinda like Urkonn (from Fray).

                                As to Giles and Andrew, I would really really love it if I could see those two discuss the things we saw in ATS: Dana, the thing about Buffy hiding. It could really, tie up all the lose ends. From what I've seen of Giles so far, he seems to have gotten that MI6 look (maybe it's just me). Very cool anyway.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Julian View Post
                                  kudos to bishopcruz, by the way, for the link

                                  Is it just me or is Paul Lee's demon looking kinda like Urkonn (from Fray).

                                  As to Giles and Andrew, I would really really love it if I could see those two discuss the things we saw in ATS: Dana, the thing about Buffy hiding. It could really, tie up all the lose ends. From what I've seen of Giles so far, he seems to have gotten that MI6 look (maybe it's just me). Very cool anyway.
                                  Now that'd be very interesting if it was Urkonn and so we begin the tie ins to Fray. However, from the variant cover in which the double is jumping off a cliff with an axe, down below we see a demon that looks like a very buff devil ordering the other demons to throw their weapons at her. It is likely that this is the demon in the sketchings.

                                  I'd also love to hear Giles and Andrew speak about L.A, it is very possible that we will

                                  ~ Banner by Nina ~

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X