• Show
Clear All

• 8.14 Cover and synopsis revealed! SPOILERS

Hey

Just got this link from Whedonesque, here is the cover for Issue 14;

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...13/buffy14.htm

And here is the snyopsis;

Spoiler:
    Written by Drew Goddard penciled by Georges Jeanty, inked by Andy Owens, colored by Dave Stewart, covers by Jon Foster and Jeanty.

The Scoobies' mysterious new foes have obtained a powerful instrument that may destroy everything that Buffy has worked so hard to build. Screenwriter Drew Goddard (Lost, Cloverfield) continues his fun-filled romp through Tokyo with Wolves at the Gate part 3.

The cover is amazing! And the snyopsis for the issue sounds very interesting!

Spoiler:
    I'm thinking Scythe will be taken from Buffy, and the vamps will try and use it to reverse Willow's spell.

Vampmogs

~ Banner by Nina ~

OHHHHH MY GOD! I love that cover! At first, I didn't realize that Dawn was in the background and was thinking that it was just a shot of Japan, but then I saw Dawn and was just squeeling with joy. That's easily the funnest cover out of them all and definitely one of my favorites to this point.

As for the synopsis (do we have to use spoiler tags? The title does say "MAJOR SPOILERS")...

Spoiler:
    I agree with you, vampmogs. Especially since that Dark Horse banner for one of the upcoming issues shows a vamp holding the Scythe and Buffy on the ground.

Which, this could explain how Twilight could come and factor into this story.

This is exciting! I'm really excited for this story-arc now!
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
      OHHHHH MY GOD! I love that cover! At first, I didn't realize that Dawn was in the background and was thinking that it was just a shot of Japan, but then I saw Dawn and was just squeeling with joy. That's easily the funnest cover out of them all and definitely one of my favorites to this point.
      It is most certainly up there with the Jo Chen covers that's for sure It looks amazing!

As for the synopsis (do we have to use spoiler tags? The title does say "MAJOR SPOILERS")...
      I wasn't sure. The reason I wrote "MAJOR SPOILERS" was because I didn't want to use spoiler tags because they are irritating when you're trying to talk with people. But then I added them anyway to be safe because I didn't want to anger anyone who missed the title and clicked in anyway. BUT, if we agree we don't need them I'd be happy to drop them.

Spoiler:
      I agree with you, vampmogs. Especially since that Dark Horse banner for one of the upcoming issues shows a vamp holding the Scythe and Buffy on the ground.

Which, this could explain how Twilight could come and factor into this story.
      Spoiler:
      Snap! That's exactly what made me think of it. I think the vamp was supposed to be Drac. I actually stated this over in another thread that the vamp could be trying to snatch the scythe because he's always been interested in the power of a slayer. And I know a lot of fanfics have done it so that the scythe is the key to reversing the slayer spell. I think it could work.

This is exciting! I'm really excited for this story-arc now!
      So am I! At first I was a little weary when I heard about it, but the more I think about it and the more info I get, IMO it's shaping up to be one heck of an arc.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Ahahahahaha! I love that cover! Bad Cloverfield... errr.. I mean, bad Dawn!

*starts to sing*
        Oh, Dawn, just wants to have fu-un. Oh, Dawn, just wants to have fun...
        *ends singing*

I am getting way too excited over this cover... Well... no dead Dawn. I win! Just kiddin

I'm hopin that Twilight gets wrapped up in the arc somehow, I really REALLY wanna see more of him. I haven't loved a big bad this much since Glory. Do you think that Joss would do that kind of retcon? Take back the power of the slayers and then have Twilight destroy the scythe so that it couldn't happen again?
        Love to write? Take the Fanfic Challenge!

Unapologetic Mockers: BACK WITH AN ALL NEW LAYOUT!

Comment

Haha I was gonna call Dawn Clovie too! Imagine going the cinema to see it and Cloverfield is a huge Michelle Trachtenberg! lol.

I love the cover! it worries me though that if Dawn is walking around Tokyo how OTT it would have been if it were still on TV. Im loving season 8 but the scale is getting way bigger now. Anyway enough of me ranting! Im looking forward to the issue, it sounds intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by EndersWrath View Post
            I'm hopin that Twilight gets wrapped up in the arc somehow, I really REALLY wanna see more of him. I haven't loved a big bad this much since Glory. Do you think that Joss would do that kind of retcon? Take back the power of the slayers and then have Twilight destroy the scythe so that it couldn't happen again?
            Well we know he can't destroy it because Fray has it a few hundred years later. But he could be the one responsible for it being lost

I like this cover the more I look at it also. It's awesome.
            sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty good.

Trish

Comment

The Jeanty variant has been released for this issue, and you can see it here...

8.14 variant cover

Surprisingly, this is the first time we've seen both covers basically covering the same ground. Although, I think that you can see the other characters. Satsu, Willow, Renee, Xander, and Buffy all leading the pack of people fleeing from Dawn.

I guess Dawn must be the weapon that is being used against Buffy after all. However, CloverDawn's face looks pretty ambivalent. And, I think it's great that Georges signed Buffy's breasts
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

So...Dawn is the mole?!

Comment

Dawn does look like she may be the weapon, the thrall speculation was a good one. I'm thinking it is either the scythe or Dawn, but I'm thinking probably Dawn. Though I'm not sure how having Dawn as a weapon means destroying everything Buffy has worked for, which the synopsis states. Unless they're thinking Castle goes crumble, should Dawn make an attack.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Note the dark-horse symbol on the cover

Dawn does indeed look like she may be the weapon, but I think it's only a one-issue thing. On the other hand it does fit the comedy note this arc is probably is going the bring.

Comment

Drew is a very funny guy, so they'll be some comedy for sure. However, in saying that I'm expecting some pretty significant things to happen in this arc. With the extra issues stocked for 8.12, and a story that involves everything Buffy working for being in danger ending. Drew can do the drama, the horror, the fear and comedy all wrapped in one, 'Cloverfield' is evidence of that.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Wow.. amazing cover.. that's Jo? Because I thought she wasn't doing any this arc?

Either way.. it's the best arc by Foster so far.. and if it's not him, then it's a top 3 for Jo Chen.

:: stands proudly ::

I told you guys it was gonna be Dawn..

No.. but we don't really know that yet. I am betting that it will be though.. because there would be meaning behind her destroying of the city..

What's better to involve a character who has been so small (pun intended)
                          this season and make her destroy a city and possibly be used against Buffy?

I love the CloverDawn title KoC..
                          sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

Originally posted by Koos View Post
                            Note the dark-horse symbol on the cover
                            Not to mention the Mutant Enemy 'grrr argh' monster.

Comment

Working...
                            X