Best Willow Scene/Quote:
    Best Giles Scene/Quote:
    Best Dawn Scene/Quote:
    Best Faith Scene/Quote:
    Best Andrew Scene/Quote:

A Moment Buffy Reminded You of Buffy:

My Answers:

Best Character Captured by the writers:

So far Xander. He felt very true to the character we saw on TV and I can easily hear Nicholas Brendon saying the lines.

Best Exchange:

Xander and Amy in The Long Way Home: XANDER: So this doesn't have to be someone she's in love with.

AMY: No, I said. Just someone truly in love with her.

XANDER: But not friend-love.

AMY: Right. Someone who wants to kiss her, like, they're passionate about her.

XANDER: And not a sister.

AMY: Well, a *twisted* sister?

XANDER: HA! But no, I hate you.

Best Fight:

Faith and Buffy in No Future For You.

Best New Slayer:

Satsu. I just love her cute style with little pink bears, as well as her down to earth persona. Her crush on Buffy boosted her points higher.

Best Drawn Character:

By Jeanty, I'd say Willow. He captures Alyson the best out of all the cast.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote:

"Oh. Kay." is the best Buffy moment. As for quote: "Your butt looks big in those giant pants."

Best Xander Scene/Quote:

Xander's ducky PJs. Quote: "I'll watcher your butt, lady."

Best Willow Scene/Quote:

I enjoyed the one with her and Kennedy. Quote: "First of all, what did we discuss about calling me by my mother's name?"

Best Giles Scene/Quote:

I liked Giles' scene with Faith where he held his glasses and went Five by Five. "Burst."

Best Dawn Scene/Quote:

With Xander in issue 10. "Willow understands. She taught me a lot, especially when you were dead." This quote actually reminded me of a Missing Scene I read.

Best Faith Scene/Quote:

When she hits Roden with a book saying, "Thanks. But I ain't much of a reader."

Best Andrew Scene/Quote:

The commercial with Vi. "No, trust me? you'd be bored stiff."

The one in The Long Way Home as she talked to an upset Dawn after Willow was kidnapped. The way she was standing with her arms crossed, the way she was talking. It felt like Sarah doing that scene on TV.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Great thread Sosa!

Best Character Captured by the writers

I think they've all been pretty well done but I'd have to say Xander. Like you I can just hear NB saying all his lines, his voice actually runs in my head as I read the issues.

Best Exchange:

DAWN: I could swat you like a flea

BUFFY: Your butt looks big in those giant pants

Best Fight:

I agree with you as well, Buffy and Faith's fight in 'No Future For You' was pretty awesome, because of all the emotions behind the fight.

Best New Slayer:

Satsu, just love her. She's great, I love all her little quirks, her loyalty to Buffy, her crush on Buffy and her interaction with the other slayers. I also like Renee as well, but Satsu more right now.

Best Drawn Character:

Probably Xander IMO.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote:

This is a hard one. I guess for the scene I'd have to say so far when she is talking to Giles over the phone. The shock and heartbreak on her face when he says he doesn't want her involvement in anything to do with the situation was heartbreaking.

My favourite quote, would probably be "No. Panic." That was just Buffy in a nutshell when she's being kick ass. Though she completely rocked in "Anywhere But Here" Willow's right she was being a "cutie."

Best Xander Scene/Quote:

Best scene of Xander's would have been when he told Buffy he isn't a fighter and that they play it smart rescuing Willow. Honestly, I don't see why everyone dislikes 'The Long Way Home' so much, it had some great moments.

Best quote: (Again The Long Way Home) "Magic, it's all done with mirrors"

Best Willow Scene/Quote:

Best scene would be her conversation with Kennedy in "Anywhere But Here."

Quote: "Um our castle is kinda landlocked Buff"

Best Giles Scene/Quote:

When he comes to the rescue in "No Future For You" and stabs Roden in the back, his face is awesome.

Quote: "Burst"

Best Dawn Scene/Quote:

Her best scene is during her conversation with Xander in "Anywhere But Here"

Quote: "I'm not trying to slam you I swear, but Will is like a mum to me"

Best Faith Scene/Quote:

Her best scene would during her fight with Buffy because of everything she's going through.

Quote: "But I ain't much of a reader"

Best Andrew Scene/Quote:

The same thing actually. The scene would be when he's talking to Xander over the phone and the slayers are playing strip poker in the background.

Quote: "You'd be bored stiff"

[QUOTE]A Moment Buffy Reminded You of Buffy:[/B]

This I just can't decide. I'd actually say all of them if I could.. but the most Buffyish moments. Would have to be her conversation with Giles over the phone, when she steps out of the portal and tells them to panic or her conversation to Willow in 'No Future For You' about killing humans.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Best Character Captured by the writers: Each of the character's sound like themselves, but I'll say... Dawn. Her dialogue is very Dawny. But Buffy's stuff from #11 was classic Buffy.
      Best Exchange: Buffy/Satsu in #11
      Best Fight: It wasn't really fighty, but actiony. Buffy vs. Twilight, in--AGAIN--the amazing #11.
      Best New Slayer: Leah. Easy.
      Best Drawn Character: Jeanty is better with newer character (Leah's hair, esp, needs a mention) but the best returning character he's captured is Buffy. She looks "not herself" sometimes, but others... she looks SO much like herself. Jeanty's depiction of her is inconsistent, but when he nails her, he NAILS her.
      Best Buffy Scene/Quote: The scenes following her encounter with Twilight in #11.
      Best Xander Scene/Quote: The scene where he gets Dawn to tell him about what happened with Kenny.
      Best Willow Scene/Quote: The scene where she reveals to Buffy why she hasn't brought Kennedy around
      Best Giles Scene/Quote: Every scene he had in "No Future For You" except the dwarf scenes were really good, and pretty much equal.
      Best Dawn Scene/Quote: Same answer as the Xander scene.
      Best Faith Scene/Quote: Her stuff with Giles in #6.
      Best Andrew Scene/Quote: The strip poker scene. It's the only good Andrew scene so far. The "Why Slayers don't use guns" scene was shabby, and his flying-with-Willow scene in #12 didn't sit well with me because I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. Andrew is a hilarious character. He needs to have better scenes.
      A Moment Buffy Reminded You of Buffy: Everything from #11, a lot of "No Future For You" and also a lot of the stuff from #10. The only thing that felt completely unlike Buffy was "The Chain."

Comment

Tie -- Buffy and Xander. I think both of their voices are so true, and didn't falter when Vaughan, who'd never written them, took over.

Best Exchange:

Twilight and Buffy: "Understand this, girl. You cannot fight me."/"Understand this, *ass-clown*. I probably will anyway."

Best Fight:

Faith and Genevieve, 8.09 "No Future For You", Part IV. Just so emotionally charged and tragic. The definitive moment coming when Genevieve is left staring at Faith balancing on the axe-handle.

Best New Slayer:

Going strictly on issues that have been released, I'm going to say Satsu. Otherwise, I'd say Renee.

Best Drawn Character:

I'm going to surprise some people and say Buffy. It's not just static likeness, it's expressiveness. Her posture, her gestures, are very genuine to Buffy.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote:

Best scene: staring down Twilight, waiting for it. Best quote: "I like to think, in a way, that she's part of me. That even when she's gone, a part of her is with me. 'Cause it is."

Best Xander Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Taking command and coordinating the mission to go get Willow back. Best quote: "*Frilly*! Lord of *Hosts, I'm in the frillllly*!!!"

Best Willow Scene/Quote:

Best scene: The playful snarkiness with Buffy and Xander in 8.03. Best line: "I chose you over her. I can't do that again... to the woman I love."

Best Giles Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Taking down Roden. Best line: "I'm afraid I wouldn't know. Buffy and I? aren't on speaking terms at the moment."

Best Dawn Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Telling Xander what happened. Best line: "...f%$#king fum."

Best Faith Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Nearly murdering Buffy and then quietly wishing she'd just go away. Best line: "You're some kind of goddamn magic man, right? *Heal her*."

Best Andrew Scene/Quote:

Best scene: The commercial. Best line: " No Slayer carries a gun. Ever, end of talk, good talk."

Definitely her telling the vampire to shut up and that nobody cares while she's trying to talk to Satsu.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Best Character Captured by the writers: Buffy. And to disagree with the board, Xander is not thus far a candidate cause to me he's off (a cartoon of his good self + weirdly complacent about BtBR). I expect future reveals to make as much sense of him as the reveals about Buffy have made of her though, so that's just a temporary assessment.

Best Exchange: Esprit d'escalier. (Though I like the others already mentioned a lot.)

Best Fight: I don't really like fight scenes, but Faith/Gigi was pretty cool. I also really liked Faith/Gargoyles. Let's go with that one.

Best New Slayer: Renee. Satsu close runner up.

Best Drawn Character: Xander.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote: Best scene: phone call with Giles. Best moment: O Kay.

Best Xander Scene/Quote: Best scene: Opening scene of #11 was most interesting. Dawn/Xander Kenny reveal was very good also. Best moment: Twisted sister exchange.

Best Willow Scene/Quote: The whole scene between Buffy and Willow in NFFY where Willow asks the hard questions (+ humor). Best quote: Esprit d'escalier. Very honorable mention: I'd like to test that theory.

Best Giles Scene/Quote: Buffy/Giles phone conversation. Best quote: "Burst". (Wins in a landslide, but dang it was an awesome moment for him.)

Best Dawn Scene/Quote: Kenny reveal scene. Best quote: nothing comes to mind. She's very dawn like, but nothing stands out.

Best Faith Scene/Quote: Almost all of her scenes were great. Let's go with the end of Buffy/Gigi fight seguing into Buffy/Faith exchange in the pool. Best moment: sheer devastation at the end of #8. That one hit me in the gut.

Best Andrew Scene/Quote: n/a

When did Buffy remind you of Buffy From NFFY on I've been sure we really were still in the Buffyverse. But the moment where I was totally sold was the BtBR reveal. BtVS does. not. play. safe.
          sigpic
          "I don't want to be this good-looking and athletic. We all have crosses to bear." Banner Credit: Vampmogs

Comment

Best Character Captured by the writers: Dawn. She comes across exactly the way she did on the show to me. I think everybody else has had a suspect moment that didn't feel quite right, but you've got to reckon most of those were purposeful.

Best Exchange: There's been several good 'uns. I'll go for Buffy/Satsu from "A Beautiful Sunset" as it's still so fresh in my mind.

Best Fight: Tough one. Got to be Faith/Gigi or Faith/Buffy, for the added emotional punch both of those delivered. Faith/Giles/Roden deserves a mention too.

Best New Slayer: Satsu. I'm starting to enjoy her character a fair bit. Runner up at this point is Genevieve. She was certainly an interesting sort.

Best Drawn Character: Kennedy. She was spot on.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote: Best scene for me has to be the bank robbing. I think that was the moment that really intensified my interest in S8. For best quote, I'll say her "ass clown" crack at Twilight.

Best Xander Scene/Quote: My favourite Xander scene so far is the Xander/Dawn talk. I'm a big fan of their interactions. Quote: "HA! But no, I hate you."

Best Willow Scene/Quote: Scene w/ Kennedy. Quote from that scene about choosing the woman she loves over Buffy.

Best Giles Scene/Quote: Taking care of Roden with the pinking shears. Hands down his best quote is "burst." I can hear Tony saying that in my head and it sounds bloody brilliant. It's got to be near the top of the list of my favourite Giles moments ever.

Best Dawn Scene/Quote: As above, scene with Xander re: Kenny and that. I can't think of any particular standout Dawn line, but the things she's been saying about Willow are nice. I like them.

Best Faith Scene/Quote: Awfully difficult choice here, because Faith had lots of amazing stuff throughout her arc. I don't think I can narrow it down any more than from her fight with Buffy to the end of #9. Best quote. "Please shut up. I wish you'd just go away." Broken Faith is so terribly sad.

Best Andrew Scene/Quote: ...I'm drawing a blank here, really.

The character or the show? I'll take it that you mean the latter. I agree with Maggie, from the start of "No Future For You", I've really felt back in the Buffyverse.

Comment

Buffy, Xander, Faith.

Best Exchange:

Gotta be "ass-clown." The characters should make fun of their past exploits more often.

Best Fight:

Buffy vs Twilight.

Best New Slayer:

Satsu

Best Drawn Character:

Kennedy, then Xander.

Best Buffy Scene/Quote:

Best scene: The Twilight fight - I love what they did to her face, plus you could just see everything break down as he asked her whether they'd made a difference.
              Best quote: Too many good ones. Besides the other ones on this - the ass-clown and wrath quotes - "I'm spine," or "Panic," or "Church me."

Best Xander Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Definitely when he came in to save Buffy in LWH.
              Best quote: "HA! But no, I hate you." with "Ladies and other ladies... the indescribable Rosenberg." as an honorable mention.

Best Willow Scene/Quote:

Best scene: On the stairs with Buffy and the Kennedy scene.
              Best quote: "This is the first domino." or "Esprit d'escalier." <-- trust Joss to do something like that...

Best Giles Scene/Quote:

Best scene: The shears.
              Best quote: "Burst."

Best Dawn Scene/Quote:

Best scene: Her whole scene with Buffy in LWH part 1.
              Best quote: "[email protected]#%ing fum."

Best Faith Scene/Quote:

Best scene: When she kills Gigi, or more specifically right afterward.
              Best quote: "That hurts."

Best Andrew Scene/Quote:

Best scene: The commercial with Vi.
              Best quote: "You'd be bored stiff."

"Nobody cares about your wrath!", the Scooby conversation LWH3, and the neck itch bit with Twilight.
              Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
              Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

Working...
              X