Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the vampires?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are the vampires?

    Am I the only one who misses the good old days when Buffy would stake a vampire in a back alley or graveyard? The vamp would turn to dust as Buffy spouts some witty one-liner? I really miss that.

    Season One introduced some truly memorable vampires: the Master, Darla, Angel, Luke, the Annointed One. Season Two had Spike, Drusilla and the Gorch brothers. Season three had Kakistos, Mr. Trick and vampire Willow and Xander dopplegangers. I think Season Four marked a point where we saw a decline in the vampire population and Buffy battled a few more demons and other monsters. Even so, we still had Sunday and Harmony. Season five introduced Dracula, season six didn't really have any memorable vamps and season seven had that first ultra tough Turok Han.

    Does anyone else miss the vampires? Thus far into season eight we have yet to see Buffy the vampire slayer dust a single vamp! We've only seen one "onscreen" dusting and that was two nameless slayers vs a single vamp. Also, Faith killed a bunch of vampire children "offscreen".

    So far in the comics we've seen demons, gargoyles, witches/warlocks, zombies, faeries, giant slugs, ravenfolk, dwarves and even a leafblower! I think it's really cool seeing all these different creatures, but please, don't forget about the vampires!

  • #2
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's like Joss seems 'bored/ashamed' of Buffy's 'roots' so to speak.

    But times change, as does the Slayer, so I suppose Joss wants to open up to other ideas, now there's no effects budget to fork out for.

    But after saying that, god I sick of these daft 'fairy tale' elements going on in this series.

    A Dwarf named Trafalgar? Give me a break....

    Comment


    • #3
      The vampires will be there in the next arc. And I expect Dracula in that arc as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think there will be vampires in Xander's arc, vampires with greater powers. Dracula will also show up as koos said.
        Made by Trickyboxes
        Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment


        • #5
          I totally miss the vamps. I really want this year's big bad to be a vampire (like season 1 & 2)-- but that's wishful thinking, I know.

          And when's Xander's arc? The Tokyo one written by Drew Goddard?!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok, I totally know what you mean. I miss them.. But it's hard for the writers to focus on Vamps with all this arcs and story lines. maybe in the next issues.

            Comment


            • #7
              Are we sure Dracula is showing up? It hasn't been confirmed..
              sigpic

              -Sig by BlasterBoy-

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nostalgia View Post
                Are we sure Dracula is showing up? It hasn't been confirmed..
                It took me a while to find the link. Here it is confirmed:
                http://new.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2393

                iF: Any other cameos from familiar faces coming back?

                ALLIE: Dracula will come back ? we'll see him again.

                From another interview with Scot

                http://www.stakesandsalvation.com/20...ott-allie.html

                Will Xander's stint as Dracula's slave from Tales of the Vampires be followed up on in Season Eight?

                Scottie A: Hotcha.

                Considering that Drew Goddard wrote the tales of the vampires with Xander as Dracula's slave and he is going to write the upcoming arc.

                Add this to the equation:
                From: http://buffyversecomics.blogspot.com...-news-and.html
                Information on DREW GODDARD's arc (ISSUES 12-15): Some vampires get a new power that isn't very vampire-y. The Scoobs head to Japan to dig up some info on the case.

                And I would say Dracula is going to show up in the next arc.
                Koos
                Hellmouth Tourist
                Last edited by Koos; 11-11-07, 10:40 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I knew it!! My predictions back when in The Long Way Home were correct..>

                  Dracula is the big bad.. or at least involved with the situation.
                  sigpic

                  -Sig by BlasterBoy-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you so much for the links.
                    So many teases: "Anywhere but Here", Tokyo arc, Dracula, season 9!!

                    Just because Scott said that Dracula's appearing in season 8, it doesn't mean he's the big bad.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know there are vampires in the next arc, and I'm glad of it. I hope Buffy gets to kill a few of them.

                      Having a vampire as the big bad for season 8 would be fantastic, just like seasons one and two of Buffy (and arguably season two of Angel). I mean, the series is called "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", vampires should be her main foes. I think vampire Gunn would have made a really great big bad for season six of Angel.

                      I just hope that Dracula isn't the big bad, as he's not really a character I can take seriously, and I don't think he would ever pose a great threat. I mean, he's got a rivalry with Spike over eleven pounds for God's sake! Apparently Xander taught him how to ride a motorbike! I could never take Dracula seriously as the big bad.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                        I just hope that Dracula isn't the big bad, as he's not really a character I can take seriously, and I don't think he would ever pose a great threat. I mean, he's got a rivalry with Spike over eleven pounds for God's sake! Apparently Xander taught him how to ride a motorbike! I could never take Dracula seriously as the big bad.
                        I don't think anyone could. Which is why I think Joss would never have Dracula as the Big Bad. He knows Dracula wasn't a fan favourite, otherwise he would've been referenced in the show (aside from Riley's whining.) I hope that he does come back for one issue because I always felt his 'end' in "Buffy VS. Dracula" was very anticlimactic, so hopefully Buffy can have another encounter with him and officially dust him -- for good.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Having Buffy face vampires doesn't make a great deal of sense now, given how strong she has become. I miss seeing them, though we have seen them in 8.05 and 8.06, but Buffy needs greater enemies to face now, and unless we get some vamps like Angelus and Spike they really don't pose a serious threat to Buffy and her operation.

                          ~ Banner by Nina ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They don't need to pose a great threat to Buffy and her operation, but it would still be nice to see her encounter some graveyard fodder vamps. You know what would make an awesome big bad? A slayer turned vampire. Imagine how badass that would be. She could be hundreds of years old, feared by both vampires and humans alike. I imagine she'd be pretty pissed off with all the newbie slayers running about thinking they know everything. But that's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure Joss has something cool planned.

                            I really hope Dracula isn't killed off. I kinda like him. I certainly can't take him seriously enough for him to be the big bad, but I do think he's kinda cool. It would be neat to see him cross over into the Angel comics and have more rivalry with Spike and Angel. Even if Dracula is killed, he's just about the only character that I'd like to see resurected. It's kinda fitting -he always comes back.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                              Am I the only one who misses the good old days when Buffy would stake a vampire in a back alley or graveyard? The vamp would turn to dust as Buffy spouts some witty one-liner? I really miss that.

                              Season One introduced some truly memorable vampires: the Master, Darla, Angel, Luke, the Annointed One. Season Two had Spike, Drusilla and the Gorch brothers. Season three had Kakistos, Mr. Trick and vampire Willow and Xander dopplegangers. I think Season Four marked a point where we saw a decline in the vampire population and Buffy battled a few more demons and other monsters. Even so, we still had Sunday and Harmony. Season five introduced Dracula, season six didn't really have any memorable vamps and season seven had that first ultra tough Turok Han.

                              Does anyone else miss the vampires? Thus far into season eight we have yet to see Buffy the vampire slayer dust a single vamp! We've only seen one "onscreen" dusting and that was two nameless slayers vs a single vamp. Also, Faith killed a bunch of vampire children "offscreen".

                              So far in the comics we've seen demons, gargoyles, witches/warlocks, zombies, faeries, giant slugs, ravenfolk, dwarves and even a leafblower! I think it's really cool seeing all these different creatures, but please, don't forget about the vampires!
                              I totaly agree with you. You're so right with this point.I miss them too.

                              If Dracula will show up again, it will be fun to see again but I don't think we will feel the same excitement when he first showed up in season 5. I think there should be something original instead of showing Dracula again. But I'm not saying that it will be bad of showing Dracula again, don't get me wrong. Also, like you've mentioned there's always a new vampire in each season. So I want a new vampire this season as well!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                                Apparently Xander taught him how to ride a motorbike! I could never take Dracula seriously as the big bad.
                                I think it would be cool if we saw Xander, in leather pants, riding a motorbike together with Drac

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Yes - Vampires!!! With "non-vampire-y" abilities... What's up with that??

                                  But yes - I miss vampires... They don't even have to be "The Vampires" just any old good-looking vampire will do... *sigh*

                                  They can't kill Dracula off... That would destroy history. It just can't be done. The universe would tilt.
                                  -TP<3
                                  "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                  - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

                                  Spuffy Videos!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
                                    They can't kill Dracula off... That would destroy history. It just can't be done. The universe would tilt.
                                    Yes, they can lol. He was a pathetic excuse for a vampire.

                                    In my opinion.
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Pathetic? He's the most famous vampire ever! Dracula can shapeshift into animals and even mist! He's got mansions, three hot vampire brides and he cheated Spike out of eleven pounds!

                                      I think Dracula is good for camp value and for that reason, I wouldn't want him to be killed off. It wouldn't feel right -I mean, he's the only non-Joss created vampire in the Buffyverse. To me, it almost seemed like a nod of respect to Bram Stoker by not killing Dracula on the show.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Good camp value is pretty much the opposite of what I'm hoping for in a Big Bad, though. When it actually came time for Buffy and Drac to play the feud, it wasn't even a very interesting fight. He's so invested in his parlor tricks and seduction he was kind of a pushover in an open fight.

                                        I'm not saying they can't make him into a compelling Big Bad, but they'd have to scary him up *real* fast.
                                        sigpic
                                        Banner by LRae12

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X