Buffy #11 Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy #11 Cover

Hey, Whedonesque found this cover for the 11th issue (its title still unannounced).

http://images.comicbookresources.com...-11-ALT-FC.jpg

Looks like we're going to see more of Satsu (in Tokyo right?).

EDIT:
    The standalone non-Tokyo issue is entitled "A Beautiful Sunset."
    Jon Foster's cover can be viewed here!
    Weredog
    Hellmouth Tourist
    Last edited by Weredog; 10-11-07, 08:20 PM.
    sigpic

That is a great cover of Buffy and Satsu.

Issue 11 is the stand alone... The Tokyo Arc is issue 12 to 15.

I wonder what Issue 11 will be about.

Comment

Apparently Issue 11 reveals who the big bad will be for the season and will be written by Joss, so it will be a very exciting and revealing issue no doubt. The cover looks quite good, though I don't like how Buffy's face has been drawn it looks a little weird to me, other than though great variant. I want to see Jo Chen's cover as well.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'm always eager to see Jo Chen's cover as I am to read the issue itself!
        And I agree that Buffy's face looks very un-Buffy-y: big cheeks, bushy eybrows, dark eyes.
        I think Jeanty's best representation of Buffy was in #6.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know what I would specifically be looking for - but the city doesn't look like Tokyo. It actually looks quite bare - no people, cars, signs, identifiers of any kind - I think this scene may be a dream sequence or something very different.

And I noticed the gothic look of Buffy's face. What's up with the battle-armor??

Just as a sidenote - also noted the button on Satsu's bandanna - it has the symbol for both male and female. Don't know that it really means anything or if it might be a little insight into our Slayer's personal life...

Looks intriguing!!
          -TP<3
          "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
          - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post

Just as a sidenote - also noted the button on Satsu's bandanna - it has the symbol for both male and female. Don't know that it really means anything or if it might be a little insight into our Slayer's personal life...

Looks intriguing!!
            I read somewhere it's the symbol of Equality Now, the charity (is that the word for it? not sure) Joss sometimes is involved in.
            No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Comment

yes, the website is www.equalitynow.org and in issue five there's an ad with Joss wearing the shirt, just after half way through...

Isn't number ten the standalone, making eleven the beginning of the next arc? I had thought it would be ten which had that girl, Robyn, in it?

Edit: Okay, I had a look on wikipedia and found out both ten and eleven are stand alones. My apologies
              Veverka
              Detective
              Last edited by Veverka; 05-11-07, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weredog View Post
                Hey, Whedonesque found this cover for the 11th issue (its title still unannounced).

http://images.comicbookresources.com...-11-ALT-FC.jpg

Looks like we're going to see more of Satsu (in Tokyo right?).
                Anyone else thinking hottest slash pairing ever?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

No. It stands as a direct obstacle to a Buffy/Xander couple, so it by definition sucks

Besides with, Buffy/Faith is the win amongst Buffy-slash. Plus, I still think it would be a bit, I don't know, hokey if Buffy is revealed to be lesbian or bi-sexual. We've already gotten Joss telling us that everyone has a bad father, I'd be a little disappointed if his view of female-empowerment apparently requires that a woman not be straight. In fact, it would strike me as a bit of a stereotype -- the strong independent woman must be teh ghey! zOMG!

Actually, I don't like Satsu on the cover -- she looks more Native American Indian than Japanese. Plus, she doesn't have her teddy bear shoulderpad.
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                    No. It stands as a direct obstacle to a Buffy/Xander couple, so it by definition sucks
                    Hee! Yeah, but you're right...Xander/Buffy IS slash, I hadn't thought about it like that.

Besides with, Buffy/Faith is the win amongst Buffy-slash. Plus, I still think it would be a bit, I don't know, hokey if Buffy is revealed to be lesbian or bi-sexual.
                    Oh, it would be totally one-sided in real terms, but in terms of slashy vibes, the teacher/student, commander/private aspect of it...oh yes.

I'm excited to see (on a non slashy level) Buffy working closely with one of hte slayers, teaching her, really being a mentor and not just Generalissimo Buffy. Enjoyed what I've seen of that so far in the comics, so looking forward to more.

Comment

I like Buffy's relationship with her "Alpha Team" as well. Poor Rowena looked so thunderstruck that Buffy didn't pick her. I'm having my own thoughts and concerns about Leah recently. But Satsu is awesome, they should full-court press her into being a core character ASAP, her and Renee both.

I think Season 8 is going to have to be written a little like "Lost" -- we've got 50 odd Slayers, presumably, in the BHC, plus the main characters, so they need to be frequently seen but not often heard.

Slash is a pretty flexible word. I always use it at its original meaning, which is non-canon, same-sex fic, originating with Kirk/Spock (being straight, and a Star Trek fan, I was actually quite nonplussed when, as a young, naive geek, first journeyed onto teh intratubes and learned that people thought they should hook up). It seems now to just refer to mean any non-canon 'ship, or in other places, any 'ship covered in fanfic.
                      KingofCretins
                      What?
                      Last edited by KingofCretins; 05-11-07, 04:44 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

I also heard that both issues 10 and 11 will be stand-alones, and I agree with a lot of the opinions said here. Buffy isn't drawn quite right and I can't remember a time when she actually wore armor, other than in these comics. That is really weird.
                        Insert witty quote here.

Comment

She's never had the resources that she has now. Although it's not made explicitly clear, her organization operates with the combined wealth held by the Council before their leadership was destroyed. I would not think it unfair to imagine that her organization has a budget measured in the hundreds of millions, if not billions. Council money would be old money, and no money makes more money than old money.
                          sigpic
                          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                            I like Buffy's relationship with her "Alpha Team" as well. Poor Rowena looked so thunderstruck that Buffy didn't pick her. I'm having my own thoughts and concerns about Leah recently. But Satsu is awesome, they should full-court press her into being a core character ASAP, her and Renee both.
                            Yeah! I want to see Rona, too. She had some good gags on the show. Her and Vi both. But more of Buffy and her team, please!

Slash is a pretty flexible word. I always use it at its original meaning, which is non-canon, same-sex fic, originating with Kirk/Spock (being straight, and a Star Trek fan, I was actually quite nonplussed when, as a young, naive geek, first journeyed onto teh intratubes and learned that people thought they should hook up). It seems now to just refer to mean any non-canon 'ship, or in other places, any 'ship covered in fanfic.
                            I'd usually mean non-canon, same-sex, but in a sense any non canon "fan-made" ship is slash, cos the slash just refers to the / of shippiness. Buffy/Spike was slash until season 6, say...but yeah, mostly I think of slash as gay non canon. So, in terms of Buffy/Satsu, I'd expect slash and not a canon pairing, given that Buffy's never shown any signs whatsoever of being into girls. Well, not that I've noticed. Even when she was a vampire in nightmares, there were no "hands in new places" But I would like the unrequited love thing dealt with, because it would be lame if they had Satsu being all one true love about Buffy and then....nothing. I want to know more about her generally, how she feels about Buffy being both her leader and her hearthrob. Cos that must be confusing. It'd be like Buffy fancying Giles. Well, less icky.

Comment

Originally posted by some spykie ship View Post
                              I also heard that both issues 10 and 11 will be stand-alones, and I agree with a lot of the opinions said here. Buffy isn't drawn quite right and I can't remember a time when she actually wore armor, other than in these comics. That is really weird.
                              Well she never had armour before now so it makes sense we'd never have seen her before wear stuff like this before season eight. As King points out, one assumes she has an abundance of wealth now from the old council and seems to be using that money and putting it to good use.. big castle to house some of the slayers, housing for slayer squads around the world, defence systems as mentioned in the last Issue and in Issue #2 and armour and weaponary. Whilst it all may seem to be a little odd seeing Buffy in armour, it makes sense, it gives her and her girls more protection wether she looks good in it or not. And she is still the same Buffy in there, through the combat boots and armour we still have her asking for some lipgloss in 8.04, shes the same gal.

I didn't have a problem in the sense of the pic not looking exactly like Buffy, because the artists and Joss have made it clear they aren't trying to make it look exactly like SMG. I just had a problem with it because I just don't like the way she looks in this image, more often than not I think it is fine.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

EDIT:
                                Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                                one assumes she has an abundance of wealth now from the old council and seems to be using that monsquads ey and putting it to good use.. big castle to house some of the slayers, housing for slayer around the world, defence systems as mentioned in the last Issue and in Issue #2 and armour and weaponary.
                                Issue 8 (now released today!) has Willow question Buffy about "how the heck can we afford all this stuff." Buffy replied that they have donors who like to stay anonymous. Did I just hear her say Riley Finn?
                                Weredog
                                Hellmouth Tourist
                                Last edited by Weredog; 08-11-07, 12:10 AM. Reason: Adding quote
                                sigpic

Comment

Isn't that, uh, 8.08 discussion?
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Oops. Am I still spoilering even if the issue's released?
                                    sigpic

Comment

No, I wouldn't say spoilering, I just couldn't figure out why here and not there, or a separate thread altogether. It's a good topic, though, and I will definitely theorize on it.
                                      sigpic
                                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Oh no, I was just clarifying the assumptions some posters have made that Buffy got the money from the Watcher's Council.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X