Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffy 8.10 Cover released (and plot blurb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy 8.10 Cover released (and plot blurb)

Here is the cover for the new and highly anticipated Issue #10, which will, amongst other things, feature Joss writing in the winner of the essay contest. And, another triumph by Jo Chen, of course.

Buffy 8.10 Jo Chen Cover

Here's the blurb that was released with the solicitation. Definitely looking forward to this issue.

Spoiler:
    Buffy and Willow meet a demon who reveals a dim future, forcing the two to reflect on their past. Meanwhile, back in Scotland, Dawn confides in Xander the deed that led to her mysterious growth spurt.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Wow that's a gorgeous cover. Is Willow flying or falling? These covers are freaking beautiful.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

I think Willow's flying, becuase Buffy is holding onto her and Willow looks calm. Beautiful cover! Looks like another amazing issue

Comment

OMG. The cover is AMAZING! and the faces looks so similer to the real Buffy and Willow...

Comment

I think you're right. I only thought maybe sleeping because Willow's eyes are closed and she looks so peaceful. I really really hope we get a cover of Buffy with the entire Scooby gang soon. I miss the Scooby dynamic.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

That is an awesome cover. Hold tight Buffy! lol Buffy looks like she is going to get air sick.

Ya, they do look like the real Willow and Buffy.

Looking forward to reading the transcript when that is up and the preview pics.

Comment

Awesome cover and I'm really looking foward to the story as well. Dawn's growth spurt will finally be revealed and it is nice she confided in Xander and some good needed Buffy and Willow talk is exactly what the doctor ordered. Hmm reflecting on their pasts, I'm betting that includes Tara for Willow but I'm not sure what Buffy will think about her past. And this bleak future, is it what we learn happens in Fray?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

The story sounds awesome. I wonder if Dawn did sleep with him just because I don't get why it would take her so long to talk about it.. unless she doesn't mind being huge. The cover looks cool, but how can Willow look so relaxed with Buffy grasping around her neck lol.
                sigpic

Comment

lol good point Kanga. I love that Buffy looks so scared and Willow looks a lot like season three Willow which is my favourite so it is always nice to be reminded of old school Buffy. This issue sounds very exciting I can't wait for it.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I saw this on another forum and it just looks amazing. Buffy's face looks simply amazing, and though I am not a fan of Willow's hair for the season... I just don't think it looks right in any of the pictures, by the face is nice.

The comic looks great, a nice core 4 issue. Plus I wanna know whats going on with Dawn !!!

Comment

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/pre...p?theid=14-664

there's also a preview now.

Spoiler:
                      enough with the subtext becoming text!

well, judging by this, i can guess the gender of the writers here. little fact--girls don't really go around bathing and having naked pillow fights with each other, contrary to popular male movies and media. you kind of stop sharing baths with people when you're a little kid or unless you're an actual couple who's been with each other for a while. this is a bit closer to being an animal house male fantasy than lesbian subtext.

sure, faith is more likely to than most to strip in front of people (fresh-out-of-quar'toth connor is another one that comes to mind here), but do we really need gigi being a faith clone? so far she hates her parents, hates the life she is forced into, likes to smoke, likes the same music and is promiscuous.

am i the only person that has noticed that gigi and ren?e have the same haircut?

though, i think what they are going for her is that this gigi is acting a LOT like a faith clone on purpose. is she playing on faith's not-so-strong loyalty to buffy, in hopes to turn her to her side (or perhaps it is roden's idea and he's fully brainwashed gigi). obviously, somebody knows that faith and buffy aren't big pals, if they think that treating faith very chummy and giving her the high life is enough to get her on their side. wreaks of the mayor's way of getting faith on his side, actually.

what i'd hope is that faith will play along, make them think that their copy-cat mayor plan is working, but turn the tide on gigi and roden... and i dear hope faith credits angel for turning her to the good side if she is playing this in a duping manner.
                      NileQT87
                      The Dark Avenger
                      Last edited by NileQT87; 06-10-07, 09:38 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                      "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Jesus.
                        Spoiler:
                        The Arctic Monkeys? That girl really does NOT get out much! And I find it hard to buy that Faith would like the Stone Roses....though perhaps she thinks whatsnisname reminds him of Buffy so it's got sentimental value..."I am the resurrection" and all that

And the bathing scene? Totally agree with Nile...is that the sound of middle aged men enjoying some "Gentleman's Time", as Eve put it....?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Are you guys discussing Issue8? I'm too scared to find out by clicking the spoilers. Still waiting on Issue7 to arrive at my house, damn all you peeps close to a comic book store Although I'm almost looking more forward to Issue 10 and 11 then the rest of the Faith arc, after having a squiz at the cover and plot blurb.
                          sigpic

Comment

All spoilers on this thread except for the subject spoilers are 8.08 related.

As is this response.

Spoiler:
                            I think it's kind of ridiculous to be hypercritical of a modestly sexual scene such as that. It's no more erotic or gratuitous than Fuffy taking a bath in "Who Are You?", and it's frankly *less* gratuitous than the HSB panel back in 8.03.

Someone on Whedonesque said it well: "ah, the carte blanche that goes along with being a fangirl!"
                            sigpic
                            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Spoiler:
                              oh, com'on. i recall quite a few semi-naked women (darla, nina, illyria) and scantily clad (cordy, anya, harmony, lilah) at various points. sure, we fangirls got eyefuls of angel, spike, oz and a few others... darla probably had the most frequent nudity of the women. not to mention all of cordy's tops that had frequently had charisma's ample bosoms popping out, especially when she was pregnant.

but there's a difference between buffy's 'haven't seen too many men other than xander, andrew and giles in like a year' dream sequence about angel and spike and faith and gigi ACTUALLY taking a bath together. as was said... it's one of those animal house male fantasies along with naked pillow fights that girls just don't really do. dream sequence vs. reality. there's the distinction. do remember xander did have a potentials pillow fight dream sequence that reflects this... you fanboys are hardly slighted.
                              NileQT87
                              The Dark Avenger
                              Last edited by NileQT87; 07-10-07, 03:21 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                              "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

WOW!! That cover is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!

And seems our "theories" about the Faith arc are getting tighter!!!

Spoiler:
                                I have to agree with the fangirls here KoC - last bath I took with another girl was way back in grade school - although we didn't have garden tubs then. I must say the first person I thought of when Lady G got out of the tub was - YOU!
                                -TP<3
                                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I'm taking the 8.08 debate to the 8.08 thread. Sorry for spammish post.
                                  sigpic
                                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
                                    Spoiler:
                                    oh, com'on. i recall quite a few semi-naked women (darla, nina, illyria) and scantily clad (cordy, anya, harmony, lilah) at various points. sure, we fangirls got eyefuls of angel, spike, oz and a few others... darla probably had the most frequent nudity of the women. not to mention all of cordy's tops that had frequently had charisma's ample bosoms popping out, especially when she was pregnant.

but there's a difference between buffy's 'haven't seen too many men other than xander, andrew and giles in like a year' dream sequence about angel and spike and faith and gigi ACTUALLY taking a bath together. as was said... it's one of those animal house male fantasies along with naked pillow fights that girls just don't really do. dream sequence vs. reality. there's the distinction. do remember xander did have a potentials pillow fight dream sequence that reflects this... you fanboys are hardly slighted.
                                    Spoiler:
                                    I have no problems with the idea of Faith taking a bath with Gigi. It seems in character for Faith, she is very open to stuff like this. If it were Buffy I'd find it strange but not Faith and we saw nothing in that scene we wouldn't have seen in the show. Faith says she wouldn't go down town on this chick, but it isn't the same as having a bubble bath with her, in a very large bath might I add. On the otherhand the HSB panel would have IMO never made it onto the show, it didn't show anything to explicit but was more explicit than this and I haven't seen any fanboys complain about it, at least in this forum.

I think we have to take into account here that just because you wouldn't do something, doesn't mean the character won't. I know plenty of guys who would happily show off their shirtless shame to Buffy, Xander on the otherhand was embarrased and it fits with his character. Many girls would never have a bubblebath with another girl, IMO Faith would be open to this and nothing kinky went on.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Spoiler:
                                      It's too bad that none of the spoilers mention anything about Buffy's grim future or past. I remember reading some quotes from Joss about Willow still mourning Tara, but that's it. It's going to drive me nuts trying to figure out Buffy's part in the story, mainly because the one thing that she doesn't know about her past and possible future is that Spike is alive. It would be funny if, in her future, Buffy saw herself running into Spike and a new lover he met after giving up on her after the stuff that went on in Rome.
                                      Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Working...
                                      X