No announcement yet.

8.07 "No Future For You", Part II Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to lunch but just quickly....mogs, I may be wrong about the bum thing. It's just I've not heard anyone of that type say it...and wouldn't use it myself. But yup, could be local variation, or even friendship group variation?

Maybe I have heard it and forgotten??

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Some said it was a waste to have the flashback to the Graduation Battle because it wasted valuable pages, but I think it was needed and loved it.
      Me too!

As you know I have a hard time sympathising with Faith around this period in her life and hate that Buffy comes out like the bitch to some people after giving Faith so many chances.
      I didn't know that, actually. Personally I didn't have much sympathy with either of them when it comes to the fight?I think they're both wrong. Cos, you know?violence doesn't solve anything (except when it comes to killing demons ).

What I love about this line is that Faith acknowledges that this isn't Buffy's fault, it was hers in many ways and she hurt Buffy first not the other way around.
      Yes ? she's worked out that buffy isn't the source of all her problems.

I'll come talk about the spoilerish stuff in that ep thread so I don't get confused and spoil accidentally!

I'm not sure Giles is as bad as we are led to believe.
      I'd only think that if he didn't intend Faith to kill Gigi at all, if it was a ploy?actually, he'd still be awful! All round, I think Giles needs every square inch of his ass kicked for this particular plot. I'm still not convinced he was right to kill Ben. Not completely convinced in the other direction either. But?that, for me, was a grey area deal.. While this one is a Just Plain Wrong deal. Gigi hasn't even demonstrated how dangerous she might be ? it's based on prophecies, which experience tells are not to be relied upon?I think that's a lot of my issue with it. For me, it runs so counter to the spirit of what Buffy stands for?it's the Old World of watchers making decisions on behalf of other people, not the New World Order of choice and freedom. But also, using Faith as his instrument?even if it's
      Spoiler:
      part of a prophecy?in a way that makes it even worse for me?Giles mate, that's a SELF FULFILLING prophecy!

I don't think Faith lost a wink over poisoning Angel or killing Proffesor Worth. I think at this point she was so emotionally attatched to the Mayor that she finally had found her place, she was perfectly comfortable with who she was.
      I disagree. She was a complete mess ? as shown by her meltdown in LA when she got there. But she was, imo, in deep denial in season 3?so I suppose you could say she didn't lose a wink, but that's only cos she was storing up the hurt. Depends how immediately you're talking about re the wink loss

Really? I come from England and go back there often as all my family still live their and I've never heard them use such expressions but have heard them say "bum" something. Perhaps it is different for different ares.
      So, I asked around and it turns out it is pretty much a "just me then" question. Plenty of people do use "bum". Still, ponce and scab are more likely, imo. Bum still sounds more American to me?but, again, might just be me.

Or perhaps this is simply a nice insight into Faith's character? I don't think anyone had guessed Angel was into Manalow until it was revealed. I think Faith's bad ass attitude is kind of like Spikes, a lot for show. I think it is cool she likes Winehouse.
      I guess it's cool that it's not cool, if you know what I mean?the idea of Faith having this really mainstream taste in music's rather sweet, I agree. And the other girl probably doesn't get out much as I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
        I didn't know that, actually. Personally I didn't have much sympathy with either of them when it comes to the fight?I think they're both wrong. Cos, you know?violence doesn't solve anything (except when it comes to killing demons ).
        Oh my bad I thought I'd discussed that with you before, I'm loosing my mind Without getting into it to much I pretty much agreed with Buffy cause I saw Faith as lethal as a demon at this point who wasn't planning on looking back.

Yes ? she's worked out that buffy isn't the source of all her problems.
        Yup and I loved that. Though to be fair Faith kind of knew this from 'Sanctuary' when she says she screwed the only person who had looked out for her up until that point and who had tried to be her friend. I just liked hearing Faith take the blame again in hope some others will see it that way.

I'd only think that if he didn't intend Faith to kill Gigi at all, if it was a ploy?actually, he'd still be awful! All round, I think Giles needs every square inch of his ass kicked for this particular plot. I'm still not convinced he was right to kill Ben. Not completely convinced in the other direction either. But?that, for me, was a grey area deal.. While this one is a Just Plain Wrong deal.
        I totally support him killing Ben. IMO Buffy was pretty foolish in allowing Ben to survive. Are we honestly supposed to believe that Glory would not come back looking for revenge and make Buffy pay for that mercy and the world with her, exactly like Giles said? I doubt it. And with Buffy gone who would have stopped her, I understand Buffy has a hard time killing humans who are defenceless at that point but sometimes you have to "do and say what others can't, they shouldn't have to." Go Giles. Besides Ben was hardly an innocent in all this, he chose to end Dawn's life so that he could live it up as a god in Glory's dimension, so I find it hard to have sympathy for him in the situation.

Gigi hasn't even demonstrated how dangerous she might be ? it's based on prophecies, which experience tells are not to be relied upon?I think that's a lot of my issue with it. For me, it runs so counter to the spirit of what Buffy stands for?it's the Old World of watchers making decisions on behalf of other people, not the New World Order of choice and freedom. But also, using Faith as his instrument?even if it's
        Spoiler:
        part of a prophecy?in a way that makes it even worse for me?Giles mate, that's a SELF FULFILLING prophecy!
        I think the difference here though is that the Old Watcher's council didn't take no as an asnwer, if they wanted something they didn't give the person a choice. Giles asked Faith to do this, she could have said no and he couldn't have done a thing to make her. In some repsect Faith is just as responsible for this as Giles even if he orchastrated the affair.

Is their really such thing that of a prophecy that in part isn't self fulfilling? The same could be said for Buffy who knew about the prophecy, yet chose to go down to the Master and fight him.

I disagree. She was a complete mess ? as shown by her meltdown in LA when she got there. But she was, imo, in deep denial in season 3?so I suppose you could say she didn't lose a wink, but that's only cos she was storing up the hurt. Depends how immediately you're talking about re the wink loss
        I'm talking about days after she did it, I doubt she lost much sleep. In LA and in Sunnydale she was a complete mess but her circumstances had completely changed. The world had moved on without her, she lost the Mayor and was now a complete mess. With the Mayor around Faith had finally found that sense of belonging and stability she had craved, she was the centre of his world and felt loved. I don't think she would have willingly gived that up, him dying was the only chance she had at redemption.

So, I asked around and it turns out it is pretty much a "just me then" question. Plenty of people do use "bum". Still, ponce and scab are more likely, imo. Bum still sounds more American to me?but, again, might just be me.
        Well even if it is a bit of an american term Gigi could have still used it? Perhaps I'm wrong but the way we speak is being greatly influenced by what we see on television now. I know in Oz we are becoming more Americanised because of the shows we have on our television. I'm not sure the same could be said for someone in the position Gigi is in in the English class system but perhaps this is her way of rebelling?

I guess it's cool that it's not cool, if you know what I mean?the idea of Faith having this really mainstream taste in music's rather sweet, I agree. And the other girl probably doesn't get out much as I said.
        Yup pretty much how I see it to Plus there was that very neat line from Gigi, "I like music that makes me cry when everyone else is dancing." I may have not quoted it word for word so forgive me, but it was incredibly cool.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Lou, what's that spoiler about? Never heard of that one. Very odd.

Giles is boning this pretty badly, based on what we've been given so far. He might have asked Faith, but he's also manipulating her, he's leveraging her past as a way to compel her to do this for him and that is just not right, not when he knows the changes she's made and the effort she's made to become a new person. She told Angelus that she's not like him, in the defining moment of her personal growth. Giles doesn't seem to want to respect that.

But more than that, I get the feeling Giles is casting about in the dark. That he arrived at the "killing Genevieve in the answer" idea first and foremost. He doesn't think she can be saved, perhaps, or worse, he *doesn't know that Genevieve is being manipulated or by whom*. He may not have any idea of the Twilight connection, or, if he's been as out of communication as long as it sounds, he might not know about Twilight at all. That's all incredibly dangerous for Faith, and presumably now for Buffy who's going to have to clean it up.

It's worth noting that Faith killed Professor Worth at most a couple days before going into a coma, and "Sanctuary" was less than a week, tops, after she came out. For her, the experience was relatively new.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            Oh my bad I thought I'd discussed that with you before, I'm loosing my mind Without getting into it to much I pretty much agreed with Buffy cause I saw Faith as lethal as a demon at this point who wasn't planning on looking back.
            No, you're not...we did discuss it, just from a different angle so I didn't connect the two conversations!

I totally support him killing Ben.
            Fascist

I think the difference here though is that the Old Watcher's council didn't take no as an asnwer, if they wanted something they didn't give the person a choice.
            True...but using someone vulnerable and isolated like faith, and not consulting with Buffy et al over it...sly, sneaky and very much old watcher's council!

Is their really such thing that of a prophecy that in part isn't self fulfilling? The same could be said for Buffy who knew about the prophecy, yet chose to go down to the Master and fight him.
            But Buffy's prophecy wasn't fulfilled...at least, not in the permanent sense. She defied rather than fulfilled it. She "failed the written".

I'm talking about days after she did it, I doubt she lost much sleep.
            Right.

I don't think she would have willingly gived that up, him dying was the only chance she had at redemption.
            Oooh, interesting point!

Well even if it is a bit of an american term Gigi could have still used it?
            I think that would work if she spoke more like a normal person...but anyone who said "filthy commoner" like an awful person out of a 1950s girl comic, doesn't seem right that they'd use americanisms too. Overall the whole of her voice just feels off somehow. PErhaps it's the sum total of all the different things that she does that don't feel typical.

I'm not sure the same could be said for someone in the position Gigi is in in the English class system but perhaps this is her way of rebelling?
            Possibly - but I think she'd just use mockney like Spike if that were the case. Or just swear a lot.

Yup pretty much how I see it to Plus there was that very neat line from Gigi, "I like music that makes me cry when everyone else is dancing." I may have not quoted it word for word so forgive me, but it was incredibly cool.
            I bet she listens to Magic fm

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
              Lou, what's that spoiler about? Never heard of that one. Very odd.
              I think it might have been a speculation...glanced at the thread pretty quickly, but I think someone said that
              Spoiler:
              Giles was maybe choosing Faith because she was mentioned in a prophecy re Gigi

Re the rest of your post, more to say but must pop off!

Comment

Well even if it is a bit of an american term Gigi could have still used it? Perhaps I'm wrong but the way we speak is being greatly influenced by what we see on television now. I know in Oz we are becoming more Americanised because of the shows we have on our television.
                All your base? Ours.

About the wonderful Genevieve line (I much prefer her given name) about liking music that makes her cry while everyone else dances, it got me thinking. Has the Amy Winehouse reference dated Season 8 even later? I own "Back to Black", which is swimming in songs that could make people cry and/or dance, but I haven't heard any of her 2003 debut album. Is that album of a similar tone? Or, more to the point, how deeply popular/cool sneak-off-to-concert-worthy was she before her second album?
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

I think it might have been a speculation...glanced at the thread pretty quickly, but I think someone said that
                  Spoiler:
                  Giles was maybe choosing Faith because she was mentioned in a prophecy re Gigi

Re the rest of your post, more to say but must pop off!
                  Oh that was me, not a spoiler just speculation. In the preview pages of Issue 8 Giles says that Faith was born to do this mission. Wether or not he just means because she is a slayer, I'm not sure. However, he admits in Issue 6 that other girls were better suited for the job than Faith. However, he is about to reveal why he has come to her before she stabs him with a fork. I'm wondering now if that Giles has been told Faith is the only person who can stop Gigi, perhaps the same people who foretold Gigi ending the world foretold Faith's importance in the mission as well? It would explain why Giles came to Faith whilst admitting other girls would be better suited for the job. And IMO would be a nice twist and would show Faith that she does have a purpose and isn't just the go to girl for dirty deeds done cheap. But not a spoiler, just speculation on my part.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Well just got this yesterday and once again i'm impressed but strangely unfulfilled. It's like restaurant food; tasty but leaves me still hungry.

Faith is being written excellently, the brittle feistyness just shines through and the idea of her cuting communications and going solo was spot on for me. The liveried butlers seemed a little 19th century but i suppose it could be a costume party of sorts so i'll let that one slide. On the whole though i'm enjoying this arc and actually realy starting to like Gigi. some one said itabove but i really hope they find a way to integrate her with Buffy's group. She seems just the sort who could fill Cordy and Anya's shoes and supply a little internal snarkiness bak to the scoobs.

Speaking of internal affairs is Giles really coming across as the Big Bad here? Surely there's more to it than just what appears on the surface. I mean yes Giles has always been a pragmatist when it comes to stamping out potential threats but to me there seems to be something else going on here. I'm just not sure what.

Also loved the way the intro sets things up. The fact that Buffy "Did it" whereas Faith seems to be finding that difficult.

In short

Loved: Gigi, Willow and Dawn, the last panel and the 'bumming a fag' joke

Not so keen on: Giles' stupidity/ shadiness (still hoping there though), the overdressed lackeys and the loooong time till the next fix.
                    JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                    Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

I no longer think that Giles is the bad guy in this. Twilight is using Gigi as a means to their own end, and she thinks she's just going to be some kind of queen bee getting everything she wants, which is why I don't think of her as a victim anymore. Giles obviously doesn't know about Roden, so Faith needs some serious help. Enter The Scoobies. Better yet, where's Spike when a Slayer really has to be taken out?

I liked the "bumming a fag" joke too, and

Spoiler:
                      it looks like all this waiting to find out what really happened to Dawn is going to pay off soon.
                      Insert witty quote here.

Comment

Speaking of internal affairs is Giles really coming across as the Big Bad here? Surely there's more to it than just what appears on the surface. I mean yes Giles has always been a pragmatist when it comes to stamping out potential threats but to me there seems to be something else going on here. I'm just not sure what.
                        I don't see Giles as the Big Bad, but I do see him as the Kinda Naughty. Or rather, I think what he is doing is wrong, but I don't think he's being set up as the Evil One necessarily...but I think he's going to have to face consequences from Buffy and the others for his actions. I'd love to see a big fight (not physical!) scene between him and Buffy over it. Or perhaps him and Willow...which could be interesting from a perspective of their history in season 6, their confrontation, and also Willow's formerly-evil status...using Faith to kill someone being dangerous on more than just the slippery-slope for the good guys using lethal force level. It's bad for Faith as well as bad in itself, and Willow would know that more than many, having been evil herself.

Comment

I don't see Giles as the Big Bad, but I do see him as the Kinda Naughty. Or rather, I think what he is doing is wrong, but I don't think he's being set up as the Evil One necessarily...but I think he's going to have to face consequences from Buffy and the others for his actions. I'd love to see a big fight (not physical!) scene between him and Buffy over it. Or perhaps him and Willow...which could be interesting from a perspective of their history in season 6, their confrontation, and also Willow's formerly-evil status...using Faith to kill someone being dangerous on more than just the slippery-slope for the good guys using lethal force level. It's bad for Faith as well as bad in itself, and Willow would know that more than many, having been evil herself.
                          It looks like in 8.08 we are going to have a physical confrontation between Buffy & Faith. The two most likely reasons to most, are that Faith is fighting Buffy not to blow her cover or Buffy comes to stop Faith from killing Gigi. However, I'm not convinced there isn't going to be some twist here. Faith and Gigi are bonding, they continue doing so in the preview pages of 8.08 and there is a chance Faith may feel like Gigi can be redeemed. What if out of his concern for Faith (evident in the preview pages) Giles grudgingly tells Buffy what has happened, and Buffy agrees that Gigi needs to die? What if Faith is actually protecting Gigi which is why they come to blows? Not many people have really considered this option? I'm not just saying that perhaps we shouldn't automatically assume Buffy is going to be against Giles plan?
                          Last edited by vampmogs; 15-10-07, 12:47 PM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

It looks like in 8.07 we are going to have a physical confrontation between Buffy & Faith. The two most likely reasons to most, are that Faith is fighting Buffy not to blow her cover or Buffy comes to stop Faith from killing Gigi. However, I'm not convinced there isn't going to be some twist here. Faith and Gigi are bonding, they continue doing so in the preview pages of 8.08 and there is a chance Faith may feel like Gigi can be redeemed. What if out of his concern for Faith (evident in the preview pages) Giles grudgingly tells Buffy what has happened, and Buffy agrees that Gigi needs to die? What if Faith is actually protecting Gigi which is why they come to blows? Not many people have really considered this option? I'm not just saying that perhaps we shouldn't automatically assume Buffy is going to be against Giles plan?
                            Interesting twist, but I hope that Buffy is against Giles's plan with all my heart. I just can't see her thinking "it said so in a prophecy/vision/psychic thingie therefore we must do it." Though that doesn't mean she wouldn't. But I'd be very disappointed in her.

I'd like the idea that Buffy comes to stop Faith, Faith has to fight her not to blow her cover, but Faith's actually not going to do it anyway...the old classic of good guys not being big on the communication. But then I want Buffy to confront Giles. Come on Buff, show us that the quality of mercy CAN be Buffy!

Comment

Interesting twist, but I hope that Buffy is against Giles's plan with all my heart. I just can't see her thinking "it said so in a prophecy/vision/psychic thingie therefore we must do it." Though that doesn't mean she wouldn't. But I'd be very disappointed in her.
                              I agree. However, in saying that I think Buffy is becoming a little more like Giles and Wes in thinking about the bigger picture. I kinda got that vibe from her in Lies My Parents Told Me when she states now she'd sacrifice Dawn to save the world, and told Robin the mission was what mattered. If Giles convinces her that Gigi must be killed as he seems to believe, if he tells her something we are yet to find out which guarantees this, then I think she'd go along with it. And if there really isn't any other way around it, then I won't be angry at her.

I'd like the idea that Buffy comes to stop Faith, Faith has to fight her not to blow her cover, but Faith's actually not going to do it anyway...the old classic of good guys not being big on the communication. But then I want Buffy to confront Giles. Come on Buff, show us that the quality of mercy CAN be Buffy!
                              I think the most likely will be that Faith fights Buffy so she doesn't blow her cover. Though I think it'd be interesting if during the fight we get a little Faith voiceover as we have throughout this arc, and Faith can't help but slightly enjoy pounding on Buffy. I think it'd be interesting and keep her in that grey kind of area, where no matter how hard she is trying to change she still holds some resentment towards Buffy.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'm still inspected Buffy to become involved due to Giles having to cop to this brilliant plan of his. I'm assuming Buffy would be unhappy, and would go in to complete the mission and rescue Faith -- not because she agrees with the mission, but more because she has to clean up the mess now. If such a conversation takes place, it will be very telling about where Giles is this season by how complete his account of what's going on is.

I'm still hoping for a "Dead Man's Chest" - style 1 v. 1 v. 1 fight with Buffy, Faith, and Genevieve. Something like Buffy shows up, 'rescues' Faith, attempts to go after Genevieve, Faith stops her, at which point Genevieve jumps in to kill Buffy per their plan, which prompts Faith to want to stop her, too So you end up with the three fighting independently against each other.
                                sigpic
                                Banner by LRae12

Comment

I agree. However, in saying that I think Buffy is becoming a little more like Giles and Wes in thinking about the bigger picture. I kinda got that vibe from her in Lies My Parents Told Me when she states now she'd sacrifice Dawn to save the world, and told Robin the mission was what mattered.
                                  It is possible, yup. But I do wonder how much of that was hype? Like telling Andrew she was going to kill him?part of her wanting to feel like a general, believe that she can make hard choices. Until I see Buffy kill another human being for the "greater good", or see her condone it when someone else does, I don't want to believe it. So I'll be watching, like the Blair Witch, through my fingers. Perhaps I'm idealising Buffy too much. She did stab Faith in the guts after all! But I like to think that if she was thinking rationally, if she wasn't crazy with fear over Angel, she wouldn't. Thinking about it, I can imagine Buffy killing Gigi in the heat of the moment, but the idea that she'd ok it as a plan?gives me cold spine shivers.

If Giles convinces her that Gigi must be killed as he seems to believe, if he tells her something we are yet to find out which guarantees this, then I think she'd go along with it. And if there really isn't any other way around it, then I won't be angry at her.
                                  I cannot imagine what evidence he might produce that would show the only way to deal with Gigi is to off her. But perhaps there is some? It would be quite a twist if he could come up with something?I'm definitely not expecting it, so?there would be a lot of authorial kudos if they could play with my expectations to that degree! Very curious to see how it all pans out.

I think the most likely will be that Faith fights Buffy so she doesn't blow her cover.
                                  Agree!

Though I think it'd be interesting if during the fight we get a little Faith voiceover as we have throughout this arc, and Faith can't help but slightly enjoy pounding on Buffy. I think it'd be interesting and keep her in that grey kind of area, where no matter how hard she is trying to change she still holds some resentment towards Buffy.
                                  Ooh, that would be very interesting. And also kinky and slashy and making up for the comment about not wanting to go downtown

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                                  I'm still inspected Buffy to become involved due to Giles having to cop to this brilliant plan of his. I'm assuming Buffy would be unhappy, and would go in to complete the mission and rescue Faith -- not because she agrees with the mission, but more because she has to clean up the mess now. If such a conversation takes place, it will be very telling about where Giles is this season by how complete his account of what's going on is.

I'm still hoping for a "Dead Man's Chest" - style 1 v. 1 v. 1 fight with Buffy, Faith, and Genevieve. Something like Buffy shows up, 'rescues' Faith, attempts to go after Genevieve, Faith stops her, at which point Genevieve jumps in to kill Buffy per their plan, which prompts Faith to want to stop her, too So you end up with the three fighting independently against each other.
                                  Also an interesting option. Reminds me of what Buffy said in an earlier issue about the slayers not fighting together.

Comment

Haven't read everyones thoughts yet, but here's what I think so far.

Anyways I just got this, and it was awesome. But my first reaction that it was kinda short. Don't know if I want to go and read the preview for 8, because I might be reading half the comic :/
                                    Renee pissed me off by interrupting Dawn, heh. I wanna know what happened, but I guess we have to wait till later
                                    I'm kinda liking Gigi, which is weird, her being evil and ...shallow and ..a comic character. She is just so believable. But I still don't get why she would want to be Buffy, in a sense. Although I suppose if I think about it Buffy is the leader of many slayers.. and that's a lot of power. Plus her name.. if Gigi was the one who killed Buffy Summers I suppose that would give her a lot of cred. But I don't see Roden and the Twilight letting her have that... she's being played.
                                    Seriously what's up with English nobility believing they are somehow above everyone else (some of them), get over yourself Maybe it's a comparison with what a slayer is.. reminds me of what Anya said to Buffy when she was kicked out of her own house, which I totally don't agree with in Buffy's case, but works for Gigi.

ANYA
                                    But you didn't earn it. You didn't work for it. You've never had anybody come up to you and say you deserve these things more than anyone else. They were just handed to you. So that doesn't make you better than us. It makes you luckier than us.

Loved Faith's commentary, "What the #%^?!" Really cool fight, they must have been a little less rocky then The Beast in Ats.. but I suppose only himself could hurt himself..or something
                                    I noticed the pics from Buffy in Issue 1 also.. prolly someone clinging to the gargoyle.. > the following isn't really a spoiler, it's just my old theory which has turned out to be semi true if you're interested in Angel After the fall..
                                    Spoiler:
                                    damn Angel on his dragon was such a cool idea that I've had for months
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kanga View Post
                                      Renee pissed me off by interrupting Dawn, heh. I wanna know what happened, but I guess we have to wait till later

One theory is it wasn't teh sex, it was something else. I'd prefer that as a twist?everyone assumes it's sex because sex always ends badly in the buffyverse, but perhaps it wasn't in this case, it was something else Dawn (and Kenny?) did. Like go to a forbidden cave, or cheat on an exam when the professor was a sorcerer or summat.

I'm kinda liking Gigi, which is weird, her being evil and ...shallow and ..a comic character.
                                      Comic as in created as an original character for a comic? But lots of people like Batman

But I still don't get why she would want to be Buffy, in a sense.
                                      I don't think she wants to be Buffy, just take her place. She probably knows little about what Buffy's really like, I'm sure Roden's fed her a pack of lies. So it's more the symbolic function Buffy plays and, as you say, all the lovely power. Although she lives in a fancy house, she's still powerless, Gigi, being bossed about by her "fascist tutor" or whatever she calls him. If I were her, my first move as queen would be to get rid of him!

Seriously what's up with English nobility believing they are somehow above everyone else (some of them), get over yourself

ANYA
                                      But you didn't earn it. You didn't work for it. You've never had anybody come up to you and say you deserve these things more than anyone else. They were just handed to you. So that doesn't make you better than us. It makes you luckier than us.

Sidebar, but I actually never agreed with Anya?buffy isn't luckier than us?having to save the world and kill your boyfriend and whatnot is not exactly winning the lottery!

Are we all assuming boots man is Roden with his camera? Or another Twilight minion?

Comment

Either another minion that has boots and a coat like Angel or Spike's Or my previous theory.
                                        Yeah I didn't agree with Anya either, but fits in well with this English noble sense of somehow being better than anyone else because of coincidence. Hmm thinking about it too much makes me pissed off at Anya
                                        I'm also thinking it could be more then sex in the Dawn situation.
                                        Don't really want Gigi to die either.. unless she really needs to, better then Faith being the dead one I suppose.
                                        sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=kanga;86213]Either another minion that has boots and a coat like Angel or Spike's Or my previous theory.

Yeah I didn't agree with Anya either, but fits in well with this English noble sense of somehow being better than anyone else because of coincidence.
                                          Oops, I quoted you about English nobility and then didn't say anything! Yes, it does fit with that very well ? I kinda wish they'd dealt with the class issue more subtly, and used it as a slayerness metaphor. Her calling people peasants and whatnot is just silly!

Comment

Working...
                                          X