Tara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tara

Okay, Season 8. I don't see it coming personally myself but there are some factors that could allow Tara to come back:

* The First appeared as Cassy instead of Tara. We know this is because Joss was unable to get Amber but this could bring on the story of Tara still being alive?

* Joss has said on several occasions he originally planned to bring Tara back in Season 7. Maybe she has no place in Season 8 like she would have had in 7 like joss had planned?

What do you think?

Originally posted by Impy View Post
    * Joss has said on several occasions he originally planned to bring Tara back in Season 7.
    Really? I never heard that. How would that have worked? Were they going to bring her back from the dead too? 'Cause that's kinda lame...
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      Really? I never heard that. How would that have worked? Were they going to bring her back from the dead too? 'Cause that's kinda lame...
      Joss says in a S7 DVD comentary when talking about Kennedy "its no secret I originally planned on bringing Tara back, but, when that didn't work out I wanted somebody who would play on Willow very differently to Tara."

Comment

The First appeared as Cassy instead of Tara. We know this is because Joss was unable to get Amber but this could bring on the story of Tara still being alive?

* Joss has said on several occasions he originally planned to bring Tara back in Season 7. Maybe she has no place in Season 8 like she would have had in 7 like joss had planned?
        In both these cases, the answer is not likely. Tara was most definitely killed in Seeing Red. They have made it pretty clear, on more than one occasion, that no one can come back from having died a natural death. This includes Tara.

Comment

I am perfectly aware that nobody can come back from a natural death in the Buffyverse. But, Tara died of a natural death and Joss states that he planned on bringing her back... thus there had to be an exception in the "no rising after a natural death rule".

Comment

People in the Buffyverse who are dead and come back do come back a bunch of ways... apart from the planned raising of the master, the first case I can remember is Angel appearing in dreams... There's no reason to think that Tara couldn't come back this way, so rules are played by, and she still has an influence. Another thought is, if Willow gets a grip on her suposed power, there may be no reason that she can't travel amongst different planes of reality, possibly seeing Tara there.

Tara doesn't have to be flesh and blood to be present...

*hopes anxiously*

All the same, I wouldn't be suprised if we don't see her. Could be the moment has passed, in Joss' mind. (Then again, I would have thought Warren's story was well and truly told out... ;(

Comment

Think of it from Joss' side. He has to consider the big picture. If somebody decides that they want to make a movie from some of these comics, would a different actress be sufficient in playing Tara? If Joss does bring Tara back, I think one avenue could be Amy. Since Amy's been watching Warren, or watching "over" him, Tara might have been brought back from the dead a long time ago just as a bargaining chip. Here I go again thinking up conspiracies.

I think Joss could think up a reason to bring Tara back if he wants to (for example, her death was unnatural because Warren grabbed his magical-bullet gun instead of his regular gun), but Joss has to want to. Fans can make threats all they want, but I think it comes down to whether or not Joss got tired of the idea of bringing Tara back and tossed it while he was still writing S7. I hope he brings Tara back. For me, it's either Willow and Tara or Willow and Spike, and Xander could be the gay one if it's Willow and Spike.
              Insert witty quote here.

Comment

I read that Joss Whedon said that there was going to be an episode in season 7 where Buffy was granted ONE wish, and it was for Tara to be alive again, and that was how she was going to be brought back. Unfortunately there was something about Amber's contract or something with the studio that prevented this from happening. Joss wanted her back, and Amber also wanted to come back - but not if she had to be evil (Hence they had Cassie appearing to Willow instead of Tara)...
                "Get your favorite blade and be ready for anything and the mother of anything." - Buffy

Comment

Originally posted by Breathless View Post
                  I read that Joss Whedon said that there was going to be an episode in season 7 where Buffy was granted ONE wish, and it was for Tara to be alive again, and that was how she was going to be brought back. Unfortunately there was something about Amber's contract or something with the studio that prevented this from happening. Joss wanted her back, and Amber also wanted to come back - but not if she had to be evil (Hence they had Cassie appearing to Willow instead of Tara)...
                  If I could recall....I think it was that Tara couldn't be found to come back for the episode or was it both?

Comment

http://movies.ign.com/articles/425/425492p9.html

WHEDON: Amber didn't want to do it. She wanted to do other things. I had a whole ? I used to tell people, "Here's what we're going to do. We're going to have her in a couple of flashbacks, keep her alive, and then at the end ..." I had a whole show figured out that ended with the return of Tara. I used to cry every time I pitched it. It was going to be Tara's her one true love, people are going to be blown away, they'll never see it coming ? except on the Internet ? and it's going to be just about the biggest thing. Quite frankly, Amber just didn't want to do it ? which is her decision. I was like, "Okay, the thing where I cried, and we all cried, and I told you about? That's gone. So, instead, we're going to go out and find somebody really hot, and we're going to make this about moving on, because that's the only option we have. I don't want Willow stuck in typical gay celibacy on TV. I'm interested in where her heart will go once she's lost her true love, so let's do that instead." So, you know, hence Kennedy.
                    ________
                    HERBAL VAPORIZER
                    Moscow Watcher
                    Bug #3
                    Last edited by Moscow Watcher; 18-03-11, 10:34 AM.

Comment

That is just sad! Cause I read before that she wanted to do it, but didn't want to be evil. BAH! My illusion is ruined...
                      "Get your favorite blade and be ready for anything and the mother of anything." - Buffy

Comment

There was a rumor about having her to be evil? I must have missed that part

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianBtVSFan View Post
                          There was a rumor about having her to be evil? I must have missed that part
                          Not Tara herself, but the First Evil appearing as Tara.
                          DeadWar: Burden of Proof
                          Out Now.
                          Feedback is always welcome here.

Comment

GOD, I wish she had agreed to it! I hate willow being with Kennedy in season 7. They are so eww together... But maybe in season 8 she will return.Hopefully.

Comment

I would love Tara to return, but not alive. I mean, it'd ruin the entire ending for Season 6, which was caused because Tara died so having her return for Willow to be in a happy relationship with her would, what the word? Blow?

I can see her returning as maybe a sprite guide or something for Willow, Buffy, Dawn, and/or Xander, but other than that, unless it's the First or a flashback or a dream or something a villain does to hurt Willow or one of the Scoobies, I don't want her back.

Comment

I think that if Joss is going to bring Tara back it would be in his next four-part arc after Drew Goddard's storyline. However, if she comes back I think there will be dark consequences for the Scoobs particularly Willow, and she might return "dark" like Buffy did. It also might be a while before a resurrected Tara jumps into a relationship with Willow. Remember, Joss doesn't like happy romantic couples and likes to put in plenty of angst !

Comment

Yeah...I read something about Whedon wanting Amber Benson to return was Tara in the skin of The First for Conversations With Dead People. Amber said no because it did nothing positive to further the character. Or at least her reaction was similar. Details are a bit fuzzy.

Frankly, I believe that her returning on any level would just be wrong for the story. It would feel trite... Dreams would be fine, but a physical return? pffft... That loss is part of what makes Willow, Willow at this point. It would be a shame to have more of the current story be corrupted by fandoms and shippy crap. The cinnamon buns, cinnamon lipgloss, Buffy in a nurse costume garbage was quite enough for me. I've had my dose the saccharine for the year...cut me some slack. *rolls eyes*

I also think that Whedon should have never amped the Kennedy character up to such a polar extreme. The fans would have bought in more were the character a bit more moderate. More moderate would've meant a more graceful romantic sort of emotional arc. Now admittedly there wasn't a ton of time to build something like this, but ending with it in a more developmental stage would've been perfectly fine by me. It would've felt better in terms of character.

Val

Comment

I just really want Tara back. But if she were to come back, it should be an actual believable situation, not just like oh hey Tara's alive from a spell or something silly like that.. because its been said by Whedon yo cant come back from a natural death, or something along the lines of that.
                                    Even though that kind of contradicts what i just said, but i really want Tara back. She was such a great characetr, Willow's "true" love. Kennedy,I never liked her.

Comment

Working...
                                    X