Poll:Best fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll:Best fight

No, I'm not talking about a physical fight, I'm talking about a yelling fight. it dosn't have to be yelling, it can be a quiet one. any way any fight that trigerd hate and rage.

mine is when Giles screams on buffy in the gift, cause it leads to a well written monolog by buffy.
    what is yours?

Has to be the fight between Buffy/Xander/Willow and Giles in The Yoko Factor. It was so hillarious and revealing, everything that they had bottled up over the season came out in such an entertaining way instead of being all moody and dramatic. I love drunk Giles and both Giles and Xander's reaction to the news Willow now has a girlfriend

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
      Has to be the fight between Buffy/Xander/Willow and Giles in The Yoko Factor. It was so hillarious and revealing, everything that they had bottled up over the season came out in such an entertaining way instead of being all moody and dramatic. I love drunk Giles and both Giles and Xander's reaction to the news Willow now has a girlfriend
      I agree that was really funny when Giles is upstairs, it makes me laugh every time i watch that, I love spike and Angel arguments too i find them hilarious!

Comment

Either the Yoko Factor fight, or perhaps A Hole in the World when Angel and Spike are arguing over cavemen vs astronauts. It looks like they're arguing over something big, something important about human nature (which in a sense, they are - the caveman and the astronaut are archetypes and symbols of the past and the present human), and then Wes comes in as they're in each other's faces and you wonder, why don't they just argue over the concepts instead of using specifics like cavemen and astronauts? Answer: Spike and Angel are petty and irritable with each other, so of course they're arguing about something petty as well

Although after watching The Yoko Factor again I'm pretty sure that's the best, considering it was resolved and the basis for the fight, as Spike said, was already there. Plus Giles..."You forget, Alfred had a job." - "Are you drunk?" "Yes, quite a bit actually."
        Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
        Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

I also love The Yoko Factor one! It was just hilarious and brought up the question about "The chosen one....and her friends" thing and that was cool but I don't think that was the best. I think everyone's looking at funny ones but my favorite was Buffy and Angel/Giles in Prophecy Girl. Wow! "I don't want to die." Oh. My. God. How amazing can SMG be? Pretty amazing, obviously! "Read me the signs! Tell me my fortune!" That was so well written and acted.

Comment

I like the fight (and yes a lot was physical but not entirely) between Wllow and Buffy in the last episodes of Season 6. I like how Willow really got some good points in there about Buffy.

Also, I like the argument that Willow and Giles got into in which we see how far Willow's power has influenced her and when Giles realizes just how powerful she has become.
            -TP<3
            "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
            - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePoet's<3 View Post
              I like the fight (and yes a lot was physical but not entirely) between Wllow and Buffy in the last episodes of Season 6. I like how Willow really got some good points in there about Buffy.
              This was a favourite of mine as well. The thing about being evil or embracing the darkside, you don't worry about telling it exactly how it is; regardless of how hurtful it can be. To be exact, this is what is so brilliant;

"Oh please. Your trying to sell me on the world? The one where you lie to your friends when your not trying to kill them, where you screw a vampire just to feel and insane asylums are the comfy alternative? Buffy it's me, I know you were happier when you were in the ground, the only time you were ever at peace in your whole life was when you were dead. Until Willow brought you back, you know; with magic."

Now it was very nasty of Willow to say this but at the same time it was great for someone to blatantly list how much of a hard time Buffy has had this season, just how screwed up everything had become for her. Interestingly it also says a lot about Willow's true feelings about certain matters. As for example, holding some resentment towards Buffy for trying to kill her which is something she hid from Buffy, not being at all supportive of Spike even when she tries her best to be the best friend and be understanding and obviously being very angry at herself for bringing Buffy back.

This scene is one of the highlights of the Dark Willow arc.

Also, I like the argument that Willow and Giles got into in which we see how far Willow's power has influenced her and when Giles realizes just how powerful she has become.
              Yup Another great example of how fun it is to be evil, you can say exactly what you can't say when your trying to be a good friend She is pretty harsh towards Giles, obviously still being pretty angry about the fight they had and what is great is that it is personal. If Glory had said this to Giles it would have nowhere near the same punch as it would if Willow did.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Going to go with the fight in "Becoming, Part I" about restoring Angel. It's the only time where the scoobies got into an argument that very nearly came to blows (I think Giles was coming to get some of Xander in that scene).
                sigpic
                Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                  Going to go with the fight in "Becoming, Part I" about restoring Angel. It's the only time where the scoobies got into an argument that very nearly came to blows (I think Giles was coming to get some of Xander in that scene).
                  Yeah Xander ticked him off pretty well in that scene. Although I'd also say that in Dead Man's Party Buffy looked ready to hit Xander when she got very close to him and Oz had to step in. In Consequences Xander even mentions how Buffy nearly came to blows with him in that fight

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I liked the Buffy/Riley scene in "Into the Woods". Seeing as I really don't like Riley, I really liked watching Buffy let him have it. Great lines included, "Tell me about your whores". Bet he felt pretty stupid then. Then he tells her he's leaving and she just walks away (like she really didn't care), and why would she?!

I'm also a fan of the one from "The Yoko Factor". A drunk Giles is always funny, also Xander comparing himself to a well-trained Border Colley (not sure of spelling). LOL

Comment

Originally posted by like.clover View Post
                      I liked the Buffy/Riley scene in "Into the Woods". Seeing as I really don't like Riley, I really liked watching Buffy let him have it. Great lines included, "Tell me about your whores". Bet he felt pretty stupid then. Then he tells her he's leaving and she just walks away (like she really didn't care), and why would she?!
                      I liked that fight too... though my reasons are totally different. I liked it simply because it's emotional (at least in my eyes, being a Ruffy shipper). And actually I do not think it proves Buffy didn't care about Riley. To me, it's the exact opposite. I think it shows that Buffy, though mad (with good reason), is actually pretty hurt, though she of course doesn't want to show it (that's why she walks away). If she had not cared about Riley, she wouldn't have become so mad either

Comment

I'm also a fan of the one from "The Yoko Factor". A drunk Giles is always funny, also Xander comparing himself to a well-trained Border Colley (not sure of spelling). LOL
                        Yeah I have to also disagree that she didn't care about Riley. Like Vyse points out, if she didn't care she wouldn't have been as mad as she was. Also, she wouldn't have ran after Riley to make him stay either

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Yeah I have to also disagree that she didn't care about Riley. Like Vyse points out, if she didn't care she wouldn't have been as mad as she was. Also, she wouldn't have ran after Riley to make him stay either

Maybe I mispoke. I know she cares about him, I'm just saying it almost looked like she didn't care buy the way she walked out. Buffy was going through a lot, dealing mostly with her mother. And it wasn't like she completely kept Riley out of the loop. She actually kept him well-informed in the beginning, until Joyce's condition worsened, so I can see why she focused more on her mother than Riley.

Back to the fight between the two. I just liked that she simply walked away, without having to explain herself to him like she always does. She's upset, so she leaves. Why stay and reason with someone who doesn't understand that family ALWAYS comes first? Maybe that was her way in telling him that. . Xander's speech obviously changed things for Buffy. How?? - well I honestly have no idea. I don't think he's the type of guy that comes around once in a lifetime. Does a good boyfriend whine about his girlfriend paying more attention to her sick mother than him? Obviously not! And does a good boyfriend threaten to LEAVE because of that?? No. I just couldn't understand where Riley was coming from in all of this!
                          Last edited by like.clover; 02-08-07, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Maybe I mispoke. I know she cares about him, I'm just saying it almost looked like she didn't care buy the way she walked out. Buffy was going through a lot, dealing mostly with her mother. And it wasn't like she completely kept Riley out of the loop. She actually kept him well-informed in the beginning, until Joyce's condition worsened, so I can see why she focused more on her mother than Riley.
                            As do I However, the problems between Buffy and Riley started before her mother got sick, that was just another thing on a long list of things which resulted in Riley finally leaving Buffy. The Scoobies, Spike and even Riley saw that Buffy wasn't treating Riley very well and Buffy finally realised this as well; unfortunately too late.

Back to the fight between the two. I just liked that she simply walked away, without having to explain herself to him like she always does. She's upset, so she leaves. Why stay and reason with someone who doesn't understand that family ALWAYS comes first? Maybe that was her way in telling him that. . Xander's speech obviously changed things for Buffy. How?? - well I honestly have no idea. I don't think he's the type of guy that comes around once in a lifetime. Does a good boyfriend whine about his girlfriend paying more attention to her sick mother than him? Obviously not! And does a good boyfriend threaten to LEAVE because of that?? No. I just couldn't understand where Riley was coming from in all of this!
                            Riley never wanted Buffy to pay more attention to him than her mother, he wanted for her to let him in so that he could comfort and be there for *her.* Buffy shut Riley out and made him feel like he wasn't wanted, accompany this with such blase statements about Buffy not getting as passionate about Riley as she did with Angel by Dawn, Spike's mocking and Xander making the odd comment and I think it is understandable Riley reacted in the way that he did. Everyone was basically indirectly or directly telling Riley that Buffy was shutting him out, that he was a conveniance to her. After a while this would start to play on anyone's mind and Buffy did expect him to be there when she wanted them leave when she didn't want him there.

Remember her reaction to Riley in Family when he offers to get the government boys onto the Glory situation? Buffy bites his head off, we know it is because she knew Dawn was the key- but Riley didn't know this and therefore was getting snapped at for something he didn't understand. This is hardly Riley's fault, I have great sympathy for the guy. I also don't think Riley threatened to leave because of that, but he had come to a point where it was time to make a choice. Why stick around and not have a life and mission of your own for a girl who keeps shutting you out? Buffy had to either finally acknowledge him or he was leaving it was an either or situation but it wasn't as if Riley threatened her or set up the situation on purpose.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

As do I However, the problems between Buffy and Riley started before her mother got sick, that was just another thing on a long list of things which resulted in Riley finally leaving Buffy. The Scoobies, Spike and even Riley saw that Buffy wasn't treating Riley very well and Buffy finally realised this as well; unfortunately too late.

That's true!. I'm almost positive that the Riley/Buffy relationship problems started in the same episode as Joyce's collapse. The effects of the medicine that Professor Walsh pumped into her soldiers was starting to take a toll on Riley's body. In that episode, he said things like "You're getting stronger everyday, I can't touch you, everyday you're just that much further out of my reach". What exactly had Buffy done to him prior to this moment to make him feel this way? The two were on great terms by the end of Season 4, and stayed solid up until that point. He also asked why Angel and Dracula had so much power over her. In this case, I can understand why he asks this given his lack of knowledge on the subject (in particular Buffy's relationship with Angel), but I don't see what Buffy did to him to make him feel that way. It seemed like he was trying to compare Buffy's relationship with Angel and connection to Dracula with his relationship with Buffy. They are vampires, she is a Slayer. Obviously there has to be a connection between them that Riley can simply never understand, which is why I think Buffy explicitly said "You so don't get it", and hardly explained why.

Remember her reaction to Riley in Family when he offers to get the government boys onto the Glory situation? Buffy bites his head off, we know it is because she knew Dawn was the key- but Riley didn't know this and therefore was getting snapped at for something he didn't understand. This is hardly Riley's fault, I have great sympathy for the guy. I also don't think Riley threatened to leave because of that, but he had come to a point where it was time to make a choice. Why stick around and not have a life and mission of your own for a girl who keeps shutting you out? Buffy had to either finally acknowledge him or he was leaving it was an either or situation but it wasn't as if Riley threatened her or set up the situation on purpose.

I agree in this case, it was wrong for her to snap.

Comment

That's true!. I'm almost positive that the Riley/Buffy relationship problems started in the same episode as Joyce's collapse. The effects of the medicine that Professor Walsh pumped into her soldiers was starting to take a toll on Riley's body. In that episode, he said things like "You're getting stronger everyday, I can't touch you, everyday you're just that much further out of my reach". What exactly had Buffy done to him prior to this moment to make him feel this way? The two were on great terms by the end of Season 4, and stayed solid up until that point. He also asked why Angel and Dracula had so much power over her. In this case, I can understand why he asks this given his lack of knowledge on the subject (in particular Buffy's relationship with Angel), but I don't see what Buffy did to him to make him feel that way. It seemed like he was trying to compare Buffy's relationship with Angel and connection to Dracula with his relationship with Buffy. They are vampires, she is a Slayer. Obviously there has to be a connection between them that Riley can simply never understand, which is why I think Buffy explicitly said "You so don't get it", and hardly explained why.
                                Well na he doesn't really get it, but then neither did Xander really. They didn't understand why Buffy had relationships or connections with vampires and they didn't support it for good reason. Buffy herself doesn't really understand it but it isn't healthy for her and it was right for both Xander and Riley to be concerned. I think Riley's ego was rather fragile after getting his arse kicked by Angel but a lot of guys would act the same way and Riley is just a normal guy

I agree in this case, it was wrong for her to snap.
                                It is understandable that she snapped, I wouldn't have wanted the government around my sister either, they've shown before they care a great deal more about the big picture than the people involved. However, Riley didn't know about Dawn being the key so I feel sorry for him when she snaps at him because this is Riley trying to reach out and help but is being pushed away again- for a reason he doesn't know. I think a lot people are really hard on Riley when it was shown in the show that he actually was being pushed away, Buffy herself admits this and this wasn't just Riley being insecure for no reason.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
                                X