Ultimate Poll Reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Poll Reversal

As you get it, you have to name the worst (or less good) season, episode and character of BtVS...And still just one cause it's an Ultimate...This is the place to be mean, cruel, harsh...knock yourself out

Season: 1
    Because it's pretty much all stand-alones, some characters are pretty boring (poor Willow!!! Thank god she became what we know), and it looks all very cheap to me, the vampires are completely useless, only growling and showing their teeth, the Mantis, Moloch, Luke, Marcie...Thank god there's the "I'm 16, I don't wanna die"...

Episode: Buffy vs. Dracula
    It's not that I don't like that episode, it's that I hate it, Dracula is so cheesy and what is he doing here, doesn't fit at all with the Buffy Mythology, Xander eating bugs...why exactly? Buffy's pretty comatose "Oh Dracula, I can't fight, I'm drown in your eyes", Giles and the drac Girls...so thrilling!!! Of course Riley is jealous and the all "your powers come from the darkness" blah blah I prefer Get it Done's perspective about that...And at the end, she can't kill him...why ? Isn't he a vampire?...Marti Noxon is way better when it comes to write drama than comedy...

Character: Riley
    I'm starting to think it was designed to be disliked like a preparation between Bangel and Spuffy, when there's something stupid or boring or annoying to do, he's always the first..."Oh I'm jealous of Dracula, oh I'm jealous of Angel, oh I'm jealous of Spike" he's got a heart disease but doesn't want to be cured, always got some paranoia crisis, go to get his blood drunk by a vampire...And I don't don't remember what...I don't think there's one great Riley moment unlike all the other regular characters of BtVS...Well yes, in As you Were he finally was...what the word...oh yes personnality....
    sigpic

Season. One. And for all the reasons you mention. I couldn't say it better myself.

Episode. Oh man. It's between I Robot, You Jane, Bad Eggs or Ted. I think I will go with I Robot. It's just terrible. That ridiculous computer demon, that lame overall storyline, silly Willow. I honestly will never watch it again probably.

Character. This is tough because there isn't really a character I dislike a whole lot. I guess the one I like least would be (if we are only choosing from regulars) Dawn. But only because she wasn't around as long as some of the others and didn't have a ton of good storylines for her character. :/ I would be harsh if I could but I really like all the characters.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Can I just say ditto to all of the above? Would that be a useful post? Prolly not...

Season: 1
      For every last reason listed above. It should be noted that there are only very rare exceptions in the genre that come out swinging in their first season. The time is needed to set up the characters.

Episode: Ted
      My list is the same as Jenni Lou's, but longer... I tend to avoid a lot of S4 when I wander through and watch the series. In fact, there's at least one episode from each season that I just look at, shrug and skip. I particularly hated Ted because of the cyborg nonsense. Wasn't much for the Buffybot either. Though, it had its moments the idea of human/ machine copies in this verse just really did nothing for me. I avoid the episode with Warren's synthetic GF too. It just struck me as too dumb to live.

For the same reasons Pandora listed. There was plenty enough whining from all sides without adding a primary character that did nothing but. I was always pissed he got top billing and Tara/ Amber was left as a footnote. I would've far rather seen her in a more key role. ...And she actually deserved the billing. I don't think she ever got it...don't recall off hand.

Valyssia

Comment

Originally posted by Valyssia View Post
        I don't think she ever got it...don't recall off hand.
        She did for one episode: "Seeing Red." As far as I understand it, it was Amber's choice not to be listed in the credits.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Season: One definitely. No real reason to give explainations

Episode: Teachers Pet. I just hate the whole insect thing going after innocent boys and Xander blowing off Buffy's warning because she couldn't understand an older woman being attracted to him! /sigh

Character: Dawn. Without a doubt. She was so whiny so annoying, so pathetic. I thought after the whole key thing was over she would be better, but her 'nobody wants to spend time with me' in season 6 was just painful. Dark Willow says it best 'Buffy.. Willow, Tara.. whinnnee' lol

Comment

Season:#1.I agree with you. Horrible season.
            Episode:Double Meat Palace. Can you say PFFT? The whole episode is a joke!.
            Character:Ummm kinda hard. But if i need to choose, Then I choose Riley. The guy annoys [email protected] I want to punch him in the face. When he came back in one episode i wanted to go there and give him a slap
            Last edited by omri; 23-07-07, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

Episode: Buffy vs. Dracula
              It's not that I don't like that episode, it's that I hate it, Dracula is so cheesy and what is he doing here, doesn't fit at all with the Buffy Mythology, Xander eating bugs...why exactly? Buffy's pretty comatose "Oh Dracula, I can't fight, I'm drown in your eyes", Giles and the drac Girls...so thrilling!!! Of course Riley is jealous and the all "your powers come from the darkness" blah blah I prefer Get it Done's perspective about that...And at the end, she can't kill him...why ? Isn't he a vampire?...Marti Noxon is way better when it comes to write drama than comedy...
              Can I just say that if you ever watched Anne Rice's 'Dracula' then you would find this episode HYSTERICAL...it's a total parody...

Sorry, had to put my plug in for the BvsD love...

Season: Definitely Season 1. Everybody else has said it better, so why give any more reasons. I only watch 5 episodes out of that season normally...WTTH, The Harvest, NKABOTFD, Angel, & Prophecy Girl. The others are totally not even needed

Episode: Ted. It's a shame that others have beaten me to it, because this is the worst.episode.ever. There was nothing good about it. Ted was so obnoxious & cheesy (the character) that I puke every time I watch it (which I try not to do anymore... That Joyce would be so stupid to not believe her own daughter about abuse over some strange guy she's known for such a short time seriously pisses me off, so I'm changing the subject now...

Character: Definitely Riley-the bitch boy-Finn. Everything that comes out of his mouth is whine, whine, whine. It reminds me of the old Peanut cartoons when the teacher would talk and you'd only hear 'mwah mwah mwah mwah'...well when Riley would talk I'd only hear 'whine whine whine whine'
              sigpic

Comment

Season: 1. So childish and lame, but it was just the beginning, so it's understandable! Still, I never rewatch it. I don't even own the dvds...

Episode: mmm...there were several, but I'll go with Listening To Fear. So boring!

Character: Adam. So embarassingly lame...everytime he was on my screem, I was afraid that someone would enter in the room, and mock me for what I was watching...

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                Icon by xiperita

Comment

Season: well, throw my name into the hat. season 1. I actually really enjoyed quite a few episodes, but overall, there's no way I enjoyed it more than any other season.

Episode: Doublemeat Palace. Disgusting. Makes me want to vomit. I find burgers extremely gross (I know, I know, it wasn't people, it was vegetables), but still...Most fast food in general just disgusts me, beyond gross-out horror or humor. The MotW didn't help at all. I've only actually sat through that episode maybe once or twice, because I can't stand it that much.

Character: Eek...um, Angel. On BtVS, at least. I found him incredibly boring and depressing to the point where I didn't even want to watch. One of the few times I found him interesting was when he was Angelus in season 2, and then I just found him really annoyingly cocky. I did really like him on his own show though, but this is a Buffy survey, right?
                  would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Season: 4. Mainly due to Riley. The only reason I really liked it is 'cause of Maggie. She was a great character. I love characters like her.

Episode: Zeppo. Hate Xander based episodes. Mainly, I just hate Xander.

Character: Xander. So bloody annoying. What he does to Anya is horrid, and he turns his back on Buffy like a trigger happy man in the army kills people. If I were Buffy (or anyone who had to suffer prolonged contact with him), I would have killed him. Also, all attempts to make him useful sucked, like the army thing. I hated that. And he was rarely funny.
                    Slayer
                    (My brand new Buffy RPG site)

Comment

Season: 1 (Good, but not as good as the rest)

Episode: Restless (I just didn't like it)

Character: Jenny (She was nice, but she just never really grew on me)
                      "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
                      - Spike
                      http://world3.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=383001568

Comment

I'm starting to think it was designed to be disliked like a preparation between Bangel and Spuffy, when there's something stupid or boring or annoying to do, he's always the first..."Oh I'm jealous of Dracula, oh I'm jealous of Angel, oh I'm jealous of Spike" he's got a heart disease but doesn't want to be cured, always got some paranoia crisis, go to get his blood drunk by a vampire...And I don't don't remember what...I don't think there's one great Riley moment unlike all the other regular characters of BtVS...Well yes, in As you Were he finally was...what the word...oh yes personnality....
                        Well in all fairness Spike admits jealousy for Riley and is obviously jealous of Angel and Angel was obviously jealous of Riley and Spike. Basically all her boyfriends are just jealous of eachother

Season: Like everyone else, it has to be season one. I don't really understand how people can hate season seven more than this, sure it had its plot holes but in comparison to season one it's gold. Season one was lame, cheesy had crappy monsters with crappy storylines and the characters weren't even beginning to develop. Prophecy Girl is a fave though.

Episode: Has to be I Robot You Jane. Such a god damn awful episode and I just hate it, it was useless. It was either this or Tabula Rasa I just don't get the love for that episode.

Character: Warren- hated the guy with a passion. Couldn't stand anything about him, his mannerisms, his behaviour and that idea he had in his head that he was some big bad. He was just pathetic and disgusting and his voice really grated on me.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Season: Like most, I'd have to say season one. For pretty much all the reasons already stated. But I still do like it and I have to admit that I kinda enjoyed the childish-ness of it sometimes.

Episode: Hmmm... I've never really had a particular least favourite episode, I guess if I had to chose I'd say I Robot, You Jane. The computer demon thingy was pretty lame and I wasn't a fan of Willow in the episode (and she's my favourite character).

Character: Riley *yawns* I just find him pretty boring and annoying. He was always just there and I didn't find him interesting at all. He wasn't that bad just before he left, but that doesn't make up for the rest of his time on the show.

Comment

I was afraid that someone would enter in the room, and mock me for what I was watching...
                            Hilarious...I am so getting your point when I watch "I Robot...You Jane" during the so lame computer spell and the snake demon in "Shadow" I always watch beyond my shoulder to be sure nothing is seeing me...
                            sigpic

Comment

IMHO, in all fairness we should all remember that the budget in the first year of Buffy was very low, which accounts for tinny monsters of the week, etc. BTVS didn't hit its stride until season 2. But even in season 1 we can see that the series was never afraid to address common issues of high school life in metaphorical form-----such as peer pressure (The Pack) , parents who live through their children (The Witch), adults who sexually prey on teenagers , or even ancient evils which lure young people with promises of love. The latter, of course, is I, Robot, and this episode prefigures Buffy's later love for an ancient and evil demon.

Comment

Character: Eek...um, Angel. On BtVS, at least. I found him incredibly boring and depressing to the point where I didn't even want to watch. One of the few times I found him interesting was when he was Angelus in season 2, and then I just found him really annoyingly cocky. I did really like him on his own show though, but this is a Buffy survey, right?
                                I totally agree with this this is why i hated Angel on Buffy but LOVEd him in his own show... plus im completely Spuffy lol

Season:probably .... 3 although it was a FANTASTIC season out of them all its probably the one i liked the least along with season 1

Episode: i cant really watch any Bangel-centric episodes but i do avoid the season 1 episode Angel
                                "So I'm wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sort of ripped? Like, is the hippo going, "Hey, man, where are my pants? I have my hippo dignity." And you know, the monkey's just, "I mock you with my monkey pants!" And then there's a big coup in the zoo." -- Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by vampcruella View Post
                                  IMHO, in all fairness we should all remember that the budget in the first year of Buffy was very low, which accounts for tinny monsters of the week, etc. BTVS didn't hit its stride until season 2. But even in season 1 we can see that the series was never afraid to address common issues of high school life in metaphorical form-----such as peer pressure (The Pack) , parents who live through their children (The Witch), adults who sexually prey on teenagers , or even ancient evils which lure young people with promises of love. The latter, of course, is I, Robot, and this episode prefigures Buffy's later love for an ancient and evil demon.
                                  It's nothing against the series as a whole. Typically, out of every series I watch (which is A LOT) it is the first season I usually tend to like least. (There are a few exceptions, of course.) But that's mainly do the fact that we are just discovering the characters and their world and the writers are still trying to figure out who these people are and what shape their series will take. Honestly, for most shows, I usually find the first season to be the weakest.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Ok I've read all the above answers and wanted to come up with something different but I couldn't really.

Season: 1 it is, of course. I was gonna go for s4 but that season has some outstanding stuff and s1 doesn't really. I do harbour some love for a couple of the episodes in s1 (Angel, Nightmares, Prophecy Girl) but in general it sucked big time. Like VampCruella mentioned it did have limitations to budget, and they were still establishing the verse, so I don't hate it and if I'm doing a buffy marathon I do watch it, mainly because it's the start and you have to "start at the very beginning, a very good place to start"

Episode: Hmm this was much harder because there's usually something that I like in every episode that redeems it, but because at this very moment I can't remember the one in it I'm going with "Teacher's Pet"

Character: I gonna go with Adam. He was the most boring Big Bad in the series IMO. Didn't really do an awful lot to the scoobies to make them so frightened of him, and basically just preached to other demons and got them to do his work for him. I always wished that the Faith storyline could've gone on longer and with her becoming the Big Bad instead. That would've been a much stronger emotional punch for the Scoobies and especially Buffy, but I guess they did that in S6 with Willow.
                                    sigpic

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor

Comment

Season I wanna say something other than season one... oh, I got one: seven! Except, really, one was worse, the potentials don't suck as much as
                                      -Crappy Vamps
                                      -I Robot/You Jane
                                      -Little in the way of an arc
                                      -Minimal Bangel and no Spike and
                                      -Giles' bad hair.

Episode At the moment I'm all hatey about The Puppet Show. Rewatched Doublemeat Palace the other day, which I'm normally all hatey about and decided it was not too bad, there were some redeeming features, like Willow's kick ass 'If you're my friend... if you're not my friend...' line.

Character Lame... I'm gonna go with Riley here!!! We've covered why!

Comment

Season: 1. Or possibly 2, which is only redeemed by Angelus. Bad filler episodes, all I need to say here.

Episode: I Robot, You Jane! To even insinuate that a 16-year-old computer whiz (ever a whiz there was!) would randomly give out personal info over the Internet just seems unrealistic - one would assume Willow knew better than that after being around computers all her life and probably being lectured more than once. Therefore, bad bad writing of Willow. Plus, the demon was stupid. That entire episode was crappy, except for Giles being stuffy and getting made fun of - we needed to see more of that.

Character: On Buffy? Angel, Jenny, or (gasp) perhaps, but with long odds against them, even Spike or Giles. Jenny comes first for only being a foil to Giles' stuffiness, and not actually doing anything for half a season. Even the "gypsy curse" thing failed to develop her character because her father did all the information-giving. Angel had two characteristics: The brooding, and the cheesy relationship with Buffy. This puts him a tad above Jenny, and Angelus keeps him a safe distance away from the "most boring" spot - unless of course we're counting them as two different entities, in which case it might even be a tie between Angel and Jenny. Spike, well, he got way too much screen time in s6-7 which, as vampmogs has said before, pretty much ruined his character. The redemption story turned cheesy when there were awkward or sickly-sweet Buffy/Spike scenes in every episode. I don't buy the "vamp loves his mother" story, either. Spike went downhill in my eyes after After Life when he stopped being a side character and a reluctant friend to Buffy. Giles was supposed to be stuffy but I didn't enjoy his backstory (Ripper) and thought he was sometimes in the way of Buffy, Xander and Willow.
                                        Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                                        Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

Working...
                                        X