Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite character's worst moment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite character's worst moment!

Hey!

Okay so throughout the forums we've always been asked who our favourite character is and what they've done that makes them your favourite. Just as much we've been asked who is you least favourite character and what have they done to deserve this title.

In this thread I thought it'd be interesting if everyone could discuss what their favourite character(s) did that they weren't proud of. None of the characters on Btvs or Ats are perfect, which is why they are so interesting. So what has your favourite character done that has made you cringe, has made you doubt them, has made you angry towards them etcetera?

My favourite character is Buffy and though I find her actions understandable I think the moment that I've disagreed with Buffy most of all had to be in The Gift. When Buffy states she is unwilling to kill Dawn, even if that means her friends and 6 billion others die horribly I had to go against her for this. One life is important and yes Dawn was innocent, but one life isn't worth 6 billion others- many of whom are innocent as well.

So what has your favourite character done that you disagree with, or what is it about your favourite character that you don't like?

Vampmogs

~ Banner by Nina ~

Ummm my favorite and beloved charecter is Tara. Well I really don't agree with her when living Willow and her time of need. If tara would have stayed to help her Maybe a lot of stuff wouldn't have happened.

Comment

My favourite character is also Buffy. And vampmogs, the decision of Buffy that you mentioned also made me angry for the same reasons you cited.

Anyway, here's the other one. This made me cringe and a million yuck! to this: When Buffy slept with Parker!! I could not believe The Slayer with her sharp demonic instincts and visions fell for this conniving trash of a man. I have so many unprintable words for this Parker. I love Riley for punching him.
      " Believe me I know the impulse to pull the trigger. But if we lose ourselves, we lose everything." -Michael Scofield

Comment

My favorite character is Spike...

One of my least favorite things that Spike did was on Ats when he didn't tell Buffy he was alive. I think this was so completely out of character for him & I realize it was the writers that did it so that he stayed on Ats, but still it infuriated me with him.

OK...in the Gift it was so against Spike's nature to give up when he was on the platform with Dawn and the ugly little dude...the guy had him from behind and he just gave up and gave Dawn a weird little 'oh shit' look. Now I know it was a plot device so that Buffy would have to sacrifice herself, but come on! Spike would never have allowed himself to be beaten so easily...that's just ridiculous...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by omri View Post
          Ummm my favorite and beloved charecter is Tara. Well I really don't agree with her when living Willow and her time of need. If tara would have stayed to help her Maybe a lot of stuff wouldn't have happened.
          I agree to some extent. However, Willow had already raped Tara's mind and if I was Tara I wouldn't want to stick around either after that. Especially when I had already told Willow that it wouldn't work because of the magic. Her leaving was kind of a catalyst for the change, that and the car crash. Willow wails "I screwed everything up with Tara!" If Tara had stayed perhaps Willow wouldn't understand the gravity of what she had done?

Originally posted by Maria View Post
          Anyway, here's the other one. This made me cringe and a million yuck! to this: When Buffy slept with Parker!! I could not believe The Slayer with her sharp demonic instincts and visions fell for this conniving trash of a man. I have so many unprintable words for this Parker. I love Riley for punching him.
          Did you initially fall for his charms or could you see he was a sleeze from the first time you saw him? I don't know, it was mixed for me. There was signs when he was chatting up Kathy and Buffy entered their dorm room but he could have just been friendly. I don't know if I can fault Buffy for this when I didn't pick up on it in the first place

Originally posted by LRae12 View Post
          One of my least favorite things that Spike did was on Ats when he didn't tell Buffy he was alive. I think this was so completely out of character for him & I realize it was the writers that did it so that he stayed on Ats, but still it infuriated me with him.
          It did seem a little petty of him. I get Spike wanting to go out in a blaze of glory and not being a Spuffy fan I was glad Spike decided to stay away from Buffy so she could move on, but it seemed a little too much like Spike wanted praise. Perhaps praise isn't the right word because if he wanted praise he would have went to Buffy, I guess Spike's not very self confident and he cares about the way people percieve him and this was evidence of that. I mostly sit on the fence with this one.

OK...in the Gift it was so against Spike's nature to give up when he was on the platform with Dawn and the ugly little dude...the guy had him from behind and he just gave up and gave Dawn a weird little 'oh shit' look. Now I know it was a plot device so that Buffy would have to sacrifice herself, but come on! Spike would never have allowed himself to be beaten so easily...that's just ridiculous...
          I think being the fighter he is Spike realised Doc had him at the lethal position and he realised there was nothing he could do, Doc was going to win. That probably explains his shocked look and inability to do anything else but look shocked and "give up." However, in The Weight of The World Doc also gets the upperhand against Spike and Xander is actually the one to stab him with a sword, so it is kinda consistent Spike sucks at fighting Doc.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by LRae12
            How is not telling Buffy he was alive the worst thing he did??????????? He tried to rape Buffy! That's a horribly terrifying thing to do and he was supposed to be in love with her. I'm not a Spuffy shipper (nor am I any other shipper. Impartial club all the way! ) so I can't just overlook the fact that he attempted to rape Buffy. I do like Spike as a character but that in my opinion is the worst thing he did.

Originally posted by Maria
            Buffy is my absolute favorite character but I agree that this was a mistake. Then again that's why we all love Buffy, she makes mistakes. I think she just fell for a guy too easily. Parker was her rebound from Angel. She was bound to have a rebound guy. I didn't really have a "What the Hell?" moment when I saw her get involved with Parker because for all I knew he was going to be her next love, I thought he was going to be the Riley for the season. I guess I was wrong! Buffy did get Parker back after smacking him over the head with a log in Beer Bad so for me it made it all better. The A-hole got what he deserved!
            T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

Spike is one of my favorite characters, and i do agree with LRae12 that was annoying why didnt he tell her when before he died she told him she loved him, that annoyed me that did.

How is not telling Buffy he was alive the worst thing he did??????????? He tried to rape Buffy! That's a horribly terrifying thing to do and he was supposed to be in love with her. I'm not a Spuffy shipper (nor am I any other shipper. Impartial club all the way! ) so I can't just overlook the fact that he attempted to rape Buffy. I do like Spike as a character but that in my opinion is the worst thing he did
              I agree this was the worst thing he did, and i still dont understand why, i like buffy and spike but i always skip this bit

Comment

Originally posted by amy1234 View Post
                I agree this was the worst thing he did, and i still dont understand why, i like buffy and spike but i always skip this bit
                By feeling the need to skip it do you believe the writers therefore accomplished what they set out to do, basically making a horrible scene for viewers to watch.. because well rape is pretty horrible. It's kind of weird, on the one hand they (and the director and actors) have successfuly portrayed the horridness of rape, yet at the same time we have this scene some find to horrible to even watch. I've never made up my mind if the writers have failed because of this or have succeeded because of this

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogsDid you initially fall for his charms or could you see he was a sleeze from the first time you saw him? I don't know, it was mixed for me. There was signs when he was chatting up Kathy and Buffy entered their dorm room but he could have just been friendly. I don't know if I can fault Buffy for this when I didn't pick up on it in the first place
                  I'm a woman and I was in my 40's when I watched this But seriously the guy was too smooth and his choice of words are too rehearsed. Notice the way he plays with his facial features to match what he's saying. Only actors do that. And he was acting for his prey. Okay I guess this is why I married so late, I'm too suspicious. Besides Buffy should have known, she was the slayer Although I can understand she was in a vulnerable state and may have just been wanting to move on. But the fact that she was in denial that Parker was through with her and still asked him those stupid questions that made her appear too needy. GRRR!!
                  " Believe me I know the impulse to pull the trigger. But if we lose ourselves, we lose everything." -Michael Scofield

Comment

Favorite character is Spike and the rape scene is the worst for me. Wished he had just left her alone.
                    -TP<3
                    "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                    - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
                      I'm a woman and I was in my 40's when I watched this But seriously the guy was too smooth and his choice of words are too rehearsed. Notice the way he plays with his facial features to match what he's saying. Only actors do that. And he was acting for his prey. Okay I guess this is why I married so late, I'm too suspicious. Besides Buffy should have known, she was the slayer Although I can understand she was in a vulnerable state and may have just been wanting to move on. But the fact that she was in denial that Parker was through with her and still asked him those stupid questions that made her appear too needy. GRRR!!
                      I'm kind of like Willow, before I knew he would use Buffy I never suspected him. However, after learning what he is really like all of his game playing is just so evident. That's why I can't be angry at Buffy about this, because if I didn't see it how can I expect her to. But as you said, your a 40 yr old woman who can probably see right through guys like this so your view on the matter is obviously going to be very different from mine

Saying all this though I still hated him, his boring speeches about his hard life made me yawn and all his cheesy lines- I just never realised how they were all part of his game.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Oh I was not angry with Buffy, I was more disappointed. It got worse when she told Willow that maybe she could still work it out with Parker.

I forgot about the scene you mentioned with Kathy in the dorm. I was not paying attention to Parker then. It was when he took Buffy to the party and he said he only has psychological scars and quick to recover with he hates guys who appear dark and brooding (something like that) for sympathy. Part of me though was hoping he would realise Buffy is special and fall for her. No such thing happened, and he was so brutal.

Comment

Favourite Character - Spike
                          Worst Moment - Trying to rape Buffy

I've always loved Spike. EVERYTHING about him for that matter. I started to dislike him in Season 6, though. I no people may drill me for this but I didn't like how he acted in Season 6. First he "took advantage" of Buffy's emotions (in a way), he went and hurt her by having sex with Anya (though he didn't intentionally want to hurt her, he ultimately did). And then of course, he tried to rape Buffy, which was pretty much the last straw for me!

On a lighter not, that was the only Season where I disliked him. In every other Season of BUFFY and ANGEL, I thought he was the coolest!

Comment

I guess my favorite character is Spike, with Wesley being second. (Totally different characters, obviously, but still) And yes, the worst scene with Spike is the rape scene, but I also disliked his scene in S7 where he tells her she's an amazing woman. (It's the episode where the other slayers have kicked her out) I thought her behavior was shrill and didn't agree with Spike at all.

Comment

The people who are saying they were mad at Buffy for not being willing/able to sacrafise Dawn, I understand your point of view, but Buffy at that point still had a chance to stop Glory. If unable to sacrafise herself in Dawn's place I truly think Buffy would have let her go in the end.

Comment

My favorite character is Buffy and I agree that her worst moment was the whole Parker incident. I can understand that she wanted to be with someone. But how could she fall for that? I'd rather see her crying over Angel turned bad any day, than see her being miserable over a jerk like Parker.
                                I also think the worst moment for Spike was the attempted rape. He should have left Buffy alone and never gone there. I just don't know how Buffy could stand to be near him after that. That is a scary, unforgettable thing to go through and I don't know how she seemed to forgive him for that.

Comment

I got to agree with those that say the Spike's worse moment *onscreen* was him trying to rape Buffy in "Seeing Red." Willow's worse moments were her various mind rapes and skinning Warren. I never trusted Joss and Marti much after that particularly with Tara's death and the whole possessed Cordy fiasco on AtS.

I'm pretty sure Spike did worse things in his long unlife but that scene in SR was pretty graphic, and the fact he did it to someone he truly loved gave him the catalyst to finally change. Still even though I could understand why the writers felt that was neccessary to have Spike do that, I generally don't appreciate that kind of real-life violence in a fantasy show. It definitely threw me out of the moment in that episode for sure.

Comment

My favorite character is Xander and his worst moment was in Revelation. It wasn't because he wanted to kill Angel with Faith, it was mostly how he treated Buffy. I disliked that he knew that Angel didn't hurt Giles, yet he made the impression that he was in front of Buffy just to hurt her feelings. Bad moment for the Xanman.
                                    Made by Trickyboxes
                                    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                                    X