Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New buffy movie?

Maybe?

Sarah Michelle Gellar To Reprise 'Buffy'?
    April 9th, 2009 2:38pm EDT Post a comment Read 2 comments

Sarah Michelle Gellar is reportedly in negotiations to bring vampire slayer Buffy back - for a one-off movie. The 31-year-old actress ended her seven-year run as Buffy on TV in 2003, but a new Hollywood script which will feature the character as a vengeful mom has her interested in making a return.

A source tells ShowbizSpy.com, "There is an idea for a script and to pick the story up with Buffy older and maybe even a mother. [Sarah] Michelle is busy with movie projects at the moment but she is excited about the idea. Buffy still has a huge fan base so this is a movie that already has an audience."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....ferer=ALOTHome

this is a load of crap.
    sigpic

-Sig by BlasterBoy-

Comment

I have to tend to agree with Nostalgia. SMG has always been one to deny any chance of a Buffy movie. Her wanting to leave the show was one of the reasons that season 7 was its last year. She wouldn't even lend her voice to the video games and the failed project of the animated series, while everyone else reprized their "voice" roles. She's pretty stuck up in my opinion, and doesn't give enough credit to the show that actually made her popular.

That...and I just don't really have any wants to see Buffy as a mother. Sorry.

I think our best beat for a "Buffy" movie, would be a next generation type film. Or something that followed one of the new slayers other than Buffy. I know a few Buffy alumni have said that they would be up for playing their roles if the franchise ever went to the big scene, but SMG has always turned Joss down.

Comment

Nostalgia is correct. That website is clearly very dodgy and if there is ever a Buffy movie on the horizon, I'm sure Joss or someone from FOX will be the first to let us know. If a movie ever happens, we're going to find out from a reliable source, not some cobbled-together-desperate-for-attention webside like StarPulse.

There's been rumours going around the internet for years and each of them has been false.

As for Sarah Michelle-Gellar, I really don't get why people in the fandom are so quick to judge her. If you don't know her, don't call her "stuck up". She gave us Buffy for seven years and is perfectly entitled to want to distance herself from that character.

Comment

Right on. It's about time.

Comment

The story is false, unfortunately. The article refers to SMG as "Michelle", which... nobody does. Nobody. It was basically a April Fool's joke that somebody else didn't pick up until Friday, so it was taken seriously. There is no plan to do a Buffy movie, nothing has changed. Joss is not writing a script without a studio commitment, Sarah isn't considering anything without a script, and no studio is trying to get a movie made.
            Last edited by KingofCretins; 12-04-09, 09:34 AM.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Yeah, the story is obviously fake, I know there were a few roaming around on April Fools, one being that Fox were remaking Firefly with some other guy playing Malcolm Reynolds and another being that Fox were cancelling Joss Whedon (which I thought meant that Dollhouse had been cancelled, but upon reading the article realised it was a joke as the poster spoke about cutting off Whedon's air supply).

Also, it seems unlikely that there will be a Buffy movie at all now as Sarah Michelle Gellar is pregnant and Alyson Hannigan has just had a baby.
              sigpic

Comment

Like many have stated, it's obviously just another rumor. However, if it weren't a rumor - am I the only one that thinks that it seems a little late to get the gang back together for a Buffy movie? I guess it would be neat to have one final movie, but the show already feels so wrapped up to me in the television sense. I'm not saying I would disagree with the idea, I just really don't see it ever happening.

Now, if we could have a Veronica Mars movie to wrap up the series...
                Author of Aurora
                AURORA :: Coming soon to BF!

Comment

I think Buffy is finished so far as movies and TV are concerned, but there is every reason to hope for another Slayer. Pitching a new young Slayer and scoobie team into the world as it now is could be a most exciting enterprise. Some of the ideas in the comic season 8 could be "stolen" for a new TV series.

Comment

VERONICA MARS MOVIE ALL THE WAY Trevor!!!!!!!

This looks to unlikely in my opinion, but I still hope - and pray, that maybe something like this would happen one day. I think it's time for us to settle down and say Buffy is finished, but the Next Generation tye movie wouldn't atually be that bad. I think it be cool to have kinda like an apocoalyptic season 8 movie with the slayers and vampires and all. Maybe even some cameos of the cast??

I dunno, more than anything I'd love to see another Joss film on the big screen but I can't seen it happening anytime soon. Oh well. BUT VERONICA MARS ALL THE WAY

Comment

There actually is a Veronica Mars movie in discussion right now.

Any Buffy movie would probably need to be a relaunch, which would be several years away. A Fray movie or TV series/miniseries would have a lot of potential, though.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        I think Buffy is finished so far as movies and TV are concerned, but there is every reason to hope for another Slayer. Pitching a new young Slayer and scoobie team into the world as it now is could be a most exciting enterprise. Some of the ideas in the comic season 8 could be "stolen" for a new TV series.
                        That would be just wonderful. I'd really love series taking place in Buffyverse with the new slayer. And it could have some old and familiar guest stars. The new series needn't even contradict the events of the comics. It could focus on one newly called slayer who's put responsible for a certain hellmouth somewhere. They could even mention Buffy & Slayer organization from time to time etc. Have some visitors from the Slayer Central sometimes in the form of, say, Xander. Or Andrew
                        sigpic
                        banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I agree with Matt. It?s unlikely to have a movie now, since Sarah is expecting a baby and it?s due in the fall.

But I just don?t mind about no movie. I love how the series ended, it was a beautiful end and a nice closure to the show.

Comment

Working...
                          X