• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRae12
    Unapolagetic Mocker
    • May 2007

Who was you FAVORITE Character?

Ok...I'm surprised this poll isn't all ready going, but who is your favorite BTVS character? Vote, and tell us why!

My favorite would be Spike. I loved S2 badboy!Spike. I loved S4 comicrelief!Spike. I loved S5 love'sbitch!Spike. I loved S6 Buffy'sSexSlave!Spike, and I loved S7 soulful!Spike. In every character twist he totally entertained me and kept me wanting more.
    Buffy
    18.48%
    Xander
    8.70%
    Willow
    14.13%
    Giles
    0.00%
    Spike
    26.09%
    Angel
    11.96%
    Cordelia
    2.17%
    Anya
    2.17%
    Oz
    3.26%
    Tara
    3.26%
    Dawn
    1.09%
    Riley
    0.00%
    Faith
    6.52%
    Other - who???
    2.17%
    sigpic
  • Salvation
    Hellmouth Tourist
    • May 2007

Angelus but i voted for Angel bcuz you didnt add him to the list,why Angelus simply bcuz he's tottally different than Angel he got a huge ego & convident in himself & he's ability to destroy which is very true.

I like the fact that he use the facts to used them against others & minpulate it to his advantage,He's so smart & EVIL.
    You Are The Only One
    Who Ever Touched My Heart
    It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

• Leloo
      Lenny the Lamb
      • Apr 2007

I don't know... I never really had a fave out of the characters on Buffy, I really loved them all.

I voted for Oz though because I always thought he was cool and I just really liked him for the way he behaved.

I also considered Willow my fave at one point and I think perhaps she was the closest I had to a fave character because her evolution was just impressive to me and early on I loved how cute and sweet she was

I also really loved Anya because she was such a refreshing addition to the show and I loved her straighforwardness (or cluelessness, whatever you like to cal it)
      >> and we want s p e c t a c u l a r v i e w s if we're to stay for the w e e k e n d <<

Comment

• SarahRegi
        Hellmouth Tourist
        • May 2007

1.Buffy
        2.Willow
        3.Spike

i love them in that order just to put it plain and simple

Comment

• Sosa lola
          • Jun 2007

I voted Xander. Duh.

He interests me the most because he's the normal one among supernatural people, and his personality is very true to life. He's not a saint, that's why I like him.
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

• debbiefm
            Battery City
            • Jun 2007

Who do I choose...buffy or spike or giles or xander or willow or angelus or all of them. It's really a hard choice because I love different aspects of them all. Buffy for obvious reasons. Giles for that stiff upper British lip he had....Spike because he was soo damn funny and he made you hate him in the beginning then love him towards the end. Xander for the way he was everyone's rock. Williow because she..well she's Willow. Angelus because he was soo bad and cruel. Man I can't decide.

I'll just plump for Buffy
            sigpic

Comment

• Matt
              SFU Mourner.
              • Jun 2007

I voted for Oz, but I was torn between him, Cordelia, Anya and Faith.

The reason I chose Oz was because he was pretty awesome, I mean he didn't really talk much, but his actions could really mean a lot (when he wrecks the cauldron for the spell in Choices) and also when he did have something to say it was usually deep and meaningful. I mean, in Earshot when Buffy's listening to his thoughts he's the deepest of them all and in Amends when he describes to Willow how it felt when they weren't together.

I thought the whole werewolf thing was great too, but I didn't really like the whole Veruca/Oz thing in season 4 and not only because it resulted in his departure.

But yeah, he was probably the coolest character ever.

The reason I chose Cordelia and Anya was because they were both quite similar except Cordelia was so much more materialistic and shallow than Anya. I loved Cordelia's bitchiness, I thought it was awesome and pretty funny. That's probably why I liked Anya as a comedic character too because although she wasn't bitch she was extremely blunt and completely tactless which was great.

And Faith was just such an awesome character. From good to evil to good again, it was a great 360 that she did. I really liked her development on the shows though, I think it would've been good to have seen or heard more about her background and possibly how her watcher actually died.
              sigpic

Comment

• Jenni Lou
                fandom whore
                • Feb 2007

Too hard to choose!!! I went for Xander though because reading the comic reminded me how much I love him. Although I was also tempted to vote for Spike, Oz and Riley. huh...all guys. Weird. :/
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• Cinderela
                  Renegade Angel
                  • May 2007

Gotta be Willow for me.

One of the themes I've always loved about Buffy is empowerment. When the show started, it was all about "girl power", but as it matured into itself, it was about EVERYONE evolving, taking control of their lives and maturing into who they were meant to be. This included the so called "grown ups", too - e.g. Giles and Jenny. Angel ran off to LA to become the Champion he was meant to become.

For me, Willow personifies this theme - evolution and transformation from geeky girl to magical goddess (who still wants to go to the mall!).
                  sigpic

Comment

• ykickamoocow
                    Hellmouth Tourist
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                    Gotta be Willow for me.

One of the themes I've always loved about Buffy is empowerment. When the show started, it was all about "girl power", but as it matured into itself, it was about EVERYONE evolving, taking control of their lives and maturing into who they were meant to be. This included the so called "grown ups", too - e.g. Giles and Jenny. Angel ran off to LA to become the Champion he was meant to become.

For me, Willow personifies this theme - evolution and transformation from geeky girl to magical goddess (who still wants to go to the mall!).
                    In some ways i tend to think that Willow evolved too much from the begining of the show to the end as when you think about the changes its just abit to unrealistic for a persons to change that much in under 7 years. Dont get me wrong Willow is one of my favourite characters ut i do think her evolutions was abit to quick to be believable.

Comment

• Chosen1
                      Hellmouth Tourist
                      • Jun 2007

My favorite character is Spike. He was so complex and hilarious. My second favorite was Buffy with Faith coming in third.
                      "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
                      - Spike
                      http://world3.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=383001568

Comment

• ThePoet's<3
                        I am NOT Twilight!!
                        • May 2007

Spike ALWAYS! I loved every aspect of this character. Love him bad and love him good!

Faith would be next - same thing. Can't wait for the next Buffy S8 issue with the Faith arc!

Next would be Oz... I miss Oz.
                        -TP<3
                        "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                        - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

• Lady Manson
                          Rosemary's baby
                          • Jun 2007

I have far too many favorites, but I would have to say that it goes like this:

Willow
                          Spike
                          Giles
                          Buffy
                          Tara

And, if it counts, I adore Miss Kitty Fantastico. I'm a huge cat person and she was so adorable! I just wished they would have explained where she went!

::Shadow of Reflection::
                          NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

Comment

• Pandora's_Box
                            The Doctor
                            • Jun 2007

I voted for Buffy because she was the most complete character and amazing at the end, but I want to give a point to Willow because she was the character who evolved the most and I love that about a character...and Andrew of course...still waiting for Andrew the Vampire Slayer by th way...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Peace
                              fortune teller
                              • Jun 2007

I remember when we had the similar post back at BWF, I voted for Buffy, but that was almost 2 years ago and my POV changed slightly. So now I voted for Angel. I know many people find him selfish and *insert a proper word*. Yes, he made mistakes in his life, but even champions have the right to fail. Angel is a funny/gloomy/luring/lurking character, and that's only the helf of the things that I love about him

Comment

• Dark Ages
                                BLAHHHH!!!!
                                • May 2007

I would have to say Anya. Anya is the best of the best, the just has it all. She's pretty, funny, and honest and I love that about her. She always says things that people are thinking but never say. I'm like that too so thats why i think I like Anya the most out of all the character. She is the best!
                                East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

• redrevo
                                  Hellmouth Tourist
                                  • May 2007

1. Buffy - the hero, but with her own issues as well. She sometimes fails, but never stops fighting. An excellent example of humanity and human perseverance. It just can't get any better than this.
                                  2. Willow - nerd to insecure yet growing high school senior to identity-searching Wiccan to devoted lover to magic addict to grieving villain to woman on a search for redemption to goddess...tell me that's not excellent character development. In the words of Xander, she's come pretty far. You can't help but know exactly what she's thinking and feeling at any moment.
                                  3/4, tied. Xander and Dawn - The two with no powers who still do all they can to help despite having to deal with their own lives. Dawn probably gets higher in the rankings than she would otherwise because she's closer to my age, but Xander never stops fighting, just like Buffy, in fact for Buffy. Even though she rejected him back in season 1, and he obviously still has some feelings for her, he doesn't leave because of this and stays as an excellent friend.
                                  5/6, tied. Anya and Riley. Anya, because she is always questioning societal norms on their usefulness, always being blunt and valuing truth and fact. Riley, to me, changed a whole lot. He was at first the obedient little soldier boy. But as he tried to figure out Buffy, and realized what she was doing, he learned to stop obeying blindly ("I'm an anarchist." and pulling the obedience chip out) and act on his own. He was also very healthy for Buffy as a boyfriend and I appreciate him for that.
                                  Buffy: It sounds like it's difficult for you. Maybe your sister makes it hard for you to establish your own identity. You said she's controlling, she doesn't let you make your own decisions -
                                  Dawn: Yeah, and she borrows my clothes without asking.

Comment

• Ehlwyen
                                    • Feb 2007

Cordelia - Merely meant to be a foil to Buffy's hero, she became a rich character with many layers. Her humorous and witty remarks often appearing vapid on the surface actually held a lot of wisdom or thoughts worth contemplating.

Buffy - Her courage and willingness to forgo her own fleeting desires in an effort to make the world better for all always endeared me. Later years when she became depressed, clouded in judgment and unable to make choices really turned me away from the character.

Angel - An interesting notion, a slayer in love with a vampire could only work if the vampire had any redeeming qualities. His utter devotion to Buffy, yet respect to let her make her own risky choices was why I loved Angel. I also appreciated how out of touch he was with the world and that Buffy was the more knowledge of the two in that respect at least. Having two distinct personalities added a sharp character dynamic Spike didn't have.

As you can see from my fave characters, the first 3 seasons were my favorites.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• Paradise
                                      Hellmouth Tourist
                                      • Jul 2007

Spike is my first favorite character, then Xander, then Buffy. But I also LOVE Willow and Angel. Oh my goodness. I love so many on here.

Comment

• Vyse
                                        Hellmouth Tourist
                                        • Jun 2007

I love all characters in a way or another. But if I really have to pick one I'll go with Buffy. I admire her. She's amazing. Her strength, her courage, even her flaws and mistakes. She's just so human... My second character would be Riley, because I think he was good for Buffy and for some other reasons I won't go into in here right now

Comment

Working...
                                        X