BTVS Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTVS Books

So as a die hard Buffy fan I decided awhile ago to find all of the Buffy books. I believe I have acquired them all, but the problem is that I don't know the order that they are supposed to be read in...can anyone help?
    "To read makes our speaking English good"

"Whenever Giles sends me on a mission, he always says 'Please.' And afterwards I get a cookie."

in most buffy books that i have they normaly have a page in the front with a list of the order they were written in. but as i have noticed not all have that. but it should help u out abit.

Comment

The only problem with that is some of the books have different orders listed in them, so it can't all be true...

"Whenever Giles sends me on a mission, he always says 'Please.' And afterwards I get a cookie."

Comment

Nearly all of the books don't have any influence on one another so you can pretty much read them in any order that you like

There's only a couple of books that are part of one story, such as the brilliant "Lost Slayer" books which were originally seperated into four parts, but even that you can get now in one novel.

Personally the "Lost Slayer" series and 'Spike & Dru: Pretty Maids All In A Row' are my favourite Btvs novels. Through with the Spike & Dru one you have to try and take ‘Fool For Love’ and all of season seven outta your head. If you’re a fan of ‘The Wish’ then you’ll love the ‘Lost Slayer’ series!

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I actually am interested in reading some of those books, but I can?t seem to find them on a bookstore. I guess I?ll go online. But I?m interested in seeing how they tackle Buffy and some aspects of the series.

Comment

Another thing to check out is the non-canon comics. Some of them could very well have happened (though aren't official). For example, some of the ones that connect the film/The Origin/the film script to season 1 are some of my absolute favorites.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Yeah, I don't believe the books need to be read in any particular order - I know I sure didn't.

Some of the Buffy novels are really well done and the writing of the characters actually fit perfectly with how they were on the show and I can imagine them saying the dialogue that has been written for them. I've only read a few, but I would recommend the Lost Slayer series, Carnival of Souls, and Tempted Champions.
              Author of Aurora
              AURORA :: Coming soon to BF!

Comment

Ok, awesome...I just hate doing things out of order. And I own all the Buffy books with the exception of two and I got them online. I recommend ebay first because you can get them in bulk sometimes and then amazon for the rest.

Comment

I just only watched Buffy 1-7 DVD ,I haven't read the book.

Comment

Lidanie... We have the DVDs. You really don't need to advertise them to us over and over. Do you work for DVDSetPro?

The books aren't canonical. They are just expanded universe material.

The Tales of the Slayer stories intrigue me a bit, as I've been largely responsible for tracking down information about each of the stories on the Buffy Wikia Slayer timeline.
                    Last edited by NileQT87; 19-03-09, 04:53 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                    "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Working...
                    X