Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day Poll: Which female makes the best love pitch to/for Xander in BB&B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Poll: Which female makes the best love pitch to/for Xander in BB&B?

I can't believe Season 2's "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" first aired more than 11 years ago. I think the episode is great. A perfect example of how the show could be so funny and so meaningful at the same time.

So which (bewitched) female makes the best love pitch to/for Xander in BB&B?

Everyone's pitch is interesting and unique, but I imagine for many fans it comes down to a choice between Buffy and Willow. Although I must say, the way Jenny looks at Xander in the library it's like she could eat him with a spoon. But of all of the above I would still pick Willow, her "how long have we been friends?" appeal outdoes Buffy's hilarious "undress me" pitch by just a little. It's so sweet and just a little sad at the same time, perhaps because her feelings for Xander aren't entirely due to Amy's spell.
    Amy
    6.00%
    Buffy
    60.00%
    Willow
    10.00%
    Jenny
    6.00%
    Joyce
    2.00%
    Drusilla
    16.00%

Easily got to be Buffy, she clearly puts the most effort into it I just love the moment when she comes into the library in the raincoat, it's hillarious and fun to see Buffy in that way.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I have to say Amy, from my memory I loved some or the scenes with her. But it's so wierd. I just finished watching Suprise and Innoncence tonight (I'd restarted the series) and tomorrow I'll be watching Phases and B, B, & B - on Valentines Day. I hadn't even planned it. Oh well, any episode of Buffy on a holiday is special!!!

Once I watch it again tomorrow I'll be back to add more though. And possibly change my vote.

Comment

Its kind of hard to top "Force is okay".
        sigpic

Comment

"Well, friendships change all the time. People grow apart. They grow closer..."
          "Uh, this is good! How close we are now. I feel very comfortable with this amount of closeness. In fact, I can even back up a few paces and still be happy! See?"

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I think Willow comes in second to Buffy -- but Buffy the first time, not the second. That pitch was so believable, it was great. Jenny's look in the library was incredibly sexy, though, I must say.
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Drusilla gets it only for the fact that it enters the category of just plain absurd on top of absurd. That was the one that just topped the rest and was the last one of the increasingly outrageous propositions before the final mob. Second would be Joyce for the same reason.
              Last edited by NileQT87; 14-02-09, 04:37 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
              "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

How about Angelus' "I feel so close to you now"?

Hmmm, Buffy's moment made me laugh the most, but the first time she hit on Xander felt so real. I voted Buffy, so funny and hot
                Made by Trickyboxes
                Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Definately Buffy, the raincoat scene is just brilliant and I love it when she turns around to him and says. 'What is this? What you are two-timing me?' I felt kinda bad for Xander here though, I bet he never imagined this in a million years and it is the one time he has to turn her down.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh it definitely has to be Drusilla's for me! Such a memorable scene and one of the most hiliarious of the episode! I just thought it was amusing how she thought that she was sweet talking Xander rather than freaking the crap out of him
                    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

Buffy, she was a gift waiting to be unwrapped.

Comment

I loved this episode. And I'm going with Buffy too. She looked just gorgeous in that raincoat! But Xander belongs with Cordy

Comment

Buffy hands down! Black raincoat, heels? It's to Xander's credit that he resisted.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Buffy. The raincoat scene gave me warm and fuzzy feelings about the quality of Xander as a friend. Definitely one of a kind.
                            I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

Drusilla, for me. The moment was plain hilarious, and at the same time to hear the proposition of eternal life from her, in her voice and with her eyes and aura and all... it was chillingly alluring, if you get my meaning.
                              Sin is what I feast upon
                              I'm forging my crematorium
                              Your tomb is waiting here for you
                              Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsucker View Post
                                Drusilla, for me. The moment was plain hilarious, and at the same time to hear the proposition of eternal life from her, in her voice and with her eyes and aura and all... it was chillingly alluring, if you get my meaning.
                                I loved how as soon as Angelus was thrown off Xander he went to say "Buffy-" assuming it must be her and got the shock of his life when it was Dru who had come to his rescue

I also love the moment where the crowds of girls starting racing at them and Dru does that hilarious facial expression of horror as they charge towards her. Probably reminded her of the angry mob in Prague

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by NileQT87 View Post
                                  Drusilla gets it only for the fact that it enters the category of just plain absurd on top of absurd. That was the one that just topped the rest and was the last one of the increasingly outrageous propositions before the final mob. Second would be Joyce for the same reason.
                                  I did love Dru's scene with Xander. In a way, I can actually believe she would want to keep Xander forever, like William, as sort of a pet, and train him up to be a mean bad rude puppy. (Though Dru/Giles will always be my scooby pairing for her... when she says "I was in the moment", it was oddly hot).

But I think Buffy wins it. Raincoat.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Yes, Angelus manages to wear a cheesy expression there, which is saying something. (Oh, poor goofy Angelus... )
                                    Sin is what I feast upon
                                    I'm forging my crematorium
                                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Another Valentine's Day come and gone and -- WOW! I thought Buffy might win but was a little surprised that it was such an overwhelming landslide!

Great that Drusilla was #2. That scene with Dru, Xander, and Angel outside Buffy's house is classic.

In the 2007 movie Southland Tales SMG's character Krysta appears in a black coat in a look which is reminiscent of Buffy "alone at last" with Xander. Here's a link:

http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2...tales_007.html

Comment

Buffy. What a great scene, having Buffy walk in with the raincoat, begging Xander to undress her and then when he refuses, she goes super mad. Also, it?s a treat to see Buffy like that, even if it?s just a spell.

Next, Drusilla. When she offers him eternal life is hilarious. Everyone got affected, even vampires like her and even the lunch lady.

Comment

Working...
                                        X