Favorite 'Big Bad'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite 'Big Bad'...

Who was your favorite big bad in the first 7 seasons of Buffy?
    The Master
    4.17%
    The Anointed
    0.00%
    Spike
    4.17%
    Drusilla
    4.17%
    Angelus
    37.50%
    The Mayor
    16.67%
    Mr. Trick
    0.00%
    The Initiative
    0.00%
    Adam
    0.00%
    Glorificus
    20.83%
    The Trio
    4.17%
    Dark Willow
    0.00%
    Caleb
    0.00%
    The Turok Han / Ubervamp
    4.17%
    The First
    4.17%
    Other (please specify)
    0.00%
    The master wants you. Throw away your cross, face the master. Your faith against his faith... Could you do that? Is your faith enough?... Then do it... Throw away the cross. Face the master. Faith against faith...

Angelus (+ Spike & Drusilla), too bad that Darla wasn't around anymore. It would've been epic. But probably also the end of Buffy so maybe it's better that she wasn't there.

But there are some reasons why Angelus is my favourite;

1. His personal relation with Buffy and the heartbreaking storylines. I don't think that the writers ever found this kind of storyline back.

2. The joy in being evil, the sadistic smile etc. Angelus is still the only character that we saw this way.

3. The shock, that this is Angel. How is it possible that these two characters are one. Also the shock when he killed Jenny and how he finished that.

4. Angelus could be beaten. He was no hellgod or something like the First. There was no need for too much magic or troll-hammers.

My only big complaint is that I never really understood Angelus' need to create an apocalypse. I think that it would be even more powerful when there was no apocalypse at all.
    Last edited by Nina; 24-01-09, 11:19 AM.

Comment

It was only a choice between two for me, the other rest do not even come close. I chose Angelus, however the runner up was Glory.

Angelus because it was a brilliant plot twist at the time and because it was a great way to see how versatile David Boreanaz is as an actor in order to play a really nice guy and turn evil, it was brilliant and he played it well. This season also had some pretty decent episodes in it and the finale is the one I watch the most, I think.
      sigpic

Comment

The choice for me comes down to Angelus or The Mayor. This week I picked The Mayor; next week it might go the other way. The Angelus BB arc is the BtVS metaphor at its purest, to be sure. But Richard Wilkins III is such a marvelous bad guy, it's impossible not to love him.
        Cordially,
        Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
        Addicted to Buffy

Comment

Angelus.
          Like Nina and Matt already said, the twist of Angel turning back to Angelus by losing his soul was one of the strongest plot twists and very well acted, the personal connection to Buffy makes her particularly vulnerable to him, he is a very well fleshed-out character, he can be very subtle, he can shut down all emotions to the point of being without feeling (as he does upon the Judge's inspection) and yet still has certain strong character traits, he has a back story that explains him... One grand villain, altogether.
          Sin is what I feast upon
          I'm forging my crematorium
          Your tomb is waiting here for you
          Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Working...
          X