Character Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Analysis

I did some research in the forum, and I didn’t find a thread particularly about this. If this is a repeat thread then I’m sorry!

All the main characters have something different about them that we like. There are certain scenes with characters that rise above the others. Let’s write about those things with all the characters that impacted the shows. There’s no limit to the number of scenes you put down per person. Oh and, no character (Riley) bashing. You don’t have to do this for every one of them but try and do at least five. They don't have to be as long as mine, and you don't have to do them all at the same time. But try and do all the charcacters in portions

Important Characters:
    -Buffy Summers
    -Willow Rosenberg
    -Xander Harris
    -Rupert Giles
    -Cordelia Chase
    -Angel/Liam
    -Daniel "Oz" Osbourne
    -Faith
    -Spike/William
    -Joyce Summers
    -Tara Maclay
    -Riley Finn
    -Dawn Summers
    -Anya
    -Jonathan Levinson
    -Andrew Wells
    -Warren Mears
    -Robin Wood
    -Harmony Kendall
    -Jenny Calender
    -Drusilla
    -Darla

-Feel free to add anyone else to your list !

1. Buffy Summers: Puns, puns, puns! All her puns are funny and cheesy. I love the episode where she admits that she plans out her puns It's so hilarious that she often talks about herself in third-person. All the scenes that she cries in are so powerful. Especially in "The Prom". Her breakdown with Willow. Or when she breaks down in front of Tara begging not to be forgiven. I think that one of her best scenes is on Angel in "I Will Remember You", at the end of the episode when she finds out that the day is being taken away. Her scene in "Becoming Part 2" when she kills Angel still blows me away. When Buffy gets singled out in "Empty Places" is great. When she tells Faith not to be afraid to lead the girls makes me tear up every time I see it. Probably the most amazing scene is when Spike tries to rape Buffy. That scene is IMO the best at of them all. Buffy has so many! It’s hard to only pick a couple lol.

2.Spike: I think it goes without saying that Spike is one of the most unique characters in the verse. I love how Spike tries to still act like a big bad with his chip intact. I like when he realizes that he is in love with Buffy, and is so nice and sweet to her. The best thing about him has to be that he loves the onion blossom ! He's interesting because it's like he's trying to bury or hide how he used to be with his 'I don't care about anything' attitude. I love all the pet names that he has for Angel haha. It's hard to choose scenes for him, because they're all great. Well first off, his "Every night I save you" speech/scene amazes me. The way the actor delivers it is just perfect. In "The Gift", when he starts crying when he sees Buffy dead is a powerful scene. One of my favorites is in "Fool for Love", when he says "What can I say baby? I've always been bad." I love when he comforts Buffy in that same episode at the end. He was great in pretty much the entire episode of "Lover's Walk".

3.Rupert Giles: The most amazing thing about Giles is his teenage persona . I love how close he is to Buffy, and treats her like a daughter. It's great how he always cleans his glasses when something is going on that he doesn't want to see . My absolute favorite scene of him is when he morns over Joyce's death. I think the scene of him killing Ben/Glory is one of the most incredible. When he tells Buffy that she has no respect for him is good scene. Him throughout the entire episode of "Band Candy" is just brilliant! I love when he gets out of the car to scare Maggie Walsh

4.Willow Rosenberg: The best thing about Willow is her quirkiness ! I love how she gets nervous so easily lol. Her clothes in the first few season are so cute. Oh and how she snaps at people and then feels bad about it Every emotional scene with Willow in it is great. MY favorite one has to be in "Tabula Rasa", when she cries in the bathroom. In "Prophecy Girl" when she yells at Giles and Angel about Buffy. She is amazing in the scene where Tara dies. All the scenes when she is freaky, black haired Willow are some of my favorites. When she turns into Warren are some great scenes.

5.Xander Harris: Xander has one of the best senses of humor on the show. He always lightens up an awkward moment. His loyalty to Buffy is one of the things that I like most about him. I love how all the women that he’s with are demons! Even Cordelia turns into a demon in later years. Xander is like the heart of the Scooby Gang. No Xander no Scooby Gang. My favorite scene with Xander has to be in “Into the Woods” with his speech to Buffy and then later when he tells Anya how he feels. I love his speech to Willow when he stops her from ending the world. I like him in “Hell’s Bells” when he tells Anya that he can’t marry her. That’s a powerful scene. He’s so funny throughout all of “The Zeppo.”
    Last edited by bradyml57; 24-01-09, 06:14 PM.
    Oz: Hey.
    Oz: That girl. Who is she?
    Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
    Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Originally posted by bradyml57 View Post
    1. Buffy Summers: Puns, puns, puns! All her puns are funny and cheesy. I love the episode where she admits that she plans out her puns It's so hilarious that she often talks about herself in third-person. All the scenes that she cries in are so powerful. Especially in "The Prom". Her breakdown with Willow. Or when she breaks down in front of Tara begging not to be forgiven. I think that one of her best scenes is on Angel in "I Will Remember You", at the end of the episode when she finds out that the day is being taken away. Her scene in "Becoming Part 2" when she kills Angel still blows me away. When Buffy gets singled out in "Empty Places" is great. When she tells Faith not to be afraid to lead the girls makes me tear up every time I see it. Probably the most amazing scene is when Spike tries to rape Buffy. That scene is IMO the best at of them all. Buffy has so many! It's hard to only pick a couple lol.
    But not in a gross way...I mean like acting wise it was amazing. To pull off something like that and make it look real takes a lot of talent.
    Oz: Hey.
    Oz: That girl. Who is she?
    Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
    Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Originally posted by bradyml57 View Post
      But not in a gross way...I mean like acting wise it was amazing. To pull off something like that and make it look real takes a lot of talent.
      Just so you don't get accused of spamming, you can edit your posts instead of having to post a reply.

Anyway (as these are in the Buffy section, I'm going to limit them to scenes from Buffy):

Cordelia Chase: I always loved her character, I always seem to love the bitchy characters, maybe it's because I know that with that bitchiness usually comes inner turmoil or something will happen in their lives to change this, anyway, personally I think Cordelia's best scenes are when she's in pain or you get to see another side to her, such as Lover's Walk when she's laying in the hospital bed and tell's Xander to stay away, The Wish when she's burning the photographs and Choices/The Prom when you find out she's having to work in April Fool's because of her father. I love how, in order to prolong her character over to Angel, they had to completely segregate her from who she once was, which I think was brilliant because it led to such growth on the other show - ultimately, at least, maybe not immediately.

Daniel "Oz" Osborne: Again, one of my favourite characters in the 'verse and again my favourite scenes of him are when there is strife. My favourite episode with him in, mainly because it is central to his character is Wild At Heart, in fact, it's one of my favourite episodes, mainly because of the emotional depth that comes with the storyline. My favourite scenes from this episode are when Willow walks in on Oz and Veruca laying in that cage, I love Alyson Hannigan's performances throughout the whole episode and I just love how you get to see a completely new side to Oz because I'm pretty certain that's the first and last time you hear him properly shouting and it's just powerful to hear such a monotonous character raise the volume. The second scene in when he and Willow are saying goodbye, it's just amazing. I also love New Moon Rising because we hear about what he went through to learn how to control the wolf inside him and how he did it all for Willow, I felt so sorry for him when he A) found out about Tara and B) was captured by the Initiative.

Dawn Summers: The episode has got to be Conversations With Dead People, I think this season really saw her grow into a woman and I just thought it was great how they showed that Dawn had obviously learnt and picked up on quite a lot while living with Willow and Tara in the house, so that she was able to locate and perform a Banishing spell and I think the amount of physical and emotional pain she went through was great, it showed she had stamina and determination. It also featured a great scene with Joyce which was so cyrptic that it had me confused till the end. The Body was also a great episode for Dawn, mainly because of the scene where she finds out about her mother and breaks down against the wall, that has got to be one of the most powerful scenes in the 'verse, it makes me cry and that is a hard feat. I also like the haunted/disattached tone to her voice when she asks Buffy if Joyce was cold.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X