No announcement yet.

Worst/Cheesiest one-liners on the show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst/Cheesiest one-liners on the show.

There are some really bad and cheesy one-liners on the show that just don't hit the mark. I was wondering if anyone has a particular one they can remember.

For me it's Angel saying "We're about to make history... end." I laugh every time at how bad that line is.
    We Find. You Slay. We'll Party.

Cheesy lines combined with over acting usually come from the romance for me. The biggest "eek! Cringe!" moments for me are;

BUFFY: No, when you kiss me I want to die

SPIKE: I'm drowning in you Summers, I'm drowning in you

SPIKE: It wasn't for you! I wanted something. Anything to make these feelings stop.I just wanted it to stop!

CORDY: I'm in love... with Angel!

They all just make me cringe.. it's just gah, horrible over acting.. no one speaks like that.. I actually don't think any of them are horrible lines really, except for the "drowning in you Summers" it's just the actors all got too carried away in their delivery for me.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I'm drowning in your summers haha that's a good one. Spike has some shockers.
      We Find. You Slay. We'll Party.

Comment

"When you kiss me I want to die" is undoubtedly the worst. Angel's "Why you ridin' me?!" from When She Was Bad makes me cringe, too, as does Spike's "You're a hell of a woman" from Touched.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
          CORDY: I'm in love... with Angel!
          OMG! I agree that was so AWFUL!!

I know there are lots of cheasy lines in the show, I can't really remember right now. But the romantic scenes between actors are usually the ones filled with chease. Gotta watch me some angsty Buffy/insert boyfriend scenes.
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            Cheesy lines combined with over acting usually come from the romance for me. The biggest "eek! Cringe!" moments for me are;

[I]BUFFY: No, when you kiss me I want to die[i]
            That one always makes me think Angel must have really bad breath.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Nothing can beat;

"When you kiss me I want to die."

But to be honest, a lot of the speeches in BtVS are cheesy. Especially the peptalk-y ones.

If Ats is also okay;

Of course that line by Cordelia that is already posted. But also in "You're Welcome" when Angel fights Lindsay;

"I'm Angel, I beat the bad guys."

and what about;

ANGEL
              Good. Guys...

WESLEY
              You don't have to say it.

ANGEL
              I'll say it anyway. Winifred Burkle. Go.
              *shudder*

Comment

A lot of you have hit many of mine

"When I kiss you I want to die." Ugh, even that is to much for me and I LOVE me some Bangel melodrama

"I'm Angel...I beat the bad guys." That is suppose to be the bad ass moment of that episode?

But for me nothing in the verse made me contort as much as
                "I'm in love...with Angel."

Geez my mind is blanking right now...I know there are so many more

Comment

Ohh, Nina, thanks for reminding me of A Hole in the World!

Spike: Not this girl. Not this day.

GAG.

Fred: My boys. I walk with heroes. Think about that. [...] Superhero. And this is my power: to not let them take me. Not me.

DOUBLE-GAG.
                  Last edited by Enisy; 12-01-09, 04:24 PM.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Yech! Those lines in A Hole in the World only get worse and worse with each viewing.

Charisma's delivery of "I'm in love...with Angel!" is the worst in my memory I think. At least in the other ones mentioned, the line was already cheesy from the script. She *made* that line terrible with her shockingly unconvincing delivery. It doesn't help that they tried so hard to force Cangel in Season 3 though.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet..

Random Vampire Girl: "What was I to you, a one bite stand?" -- Sleeper
                    LOL! They should've just left Aimee Mann to play uninterrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                      "I'm Angel, I beat the bad guys."
                      I thought that was supposed to be cheesy, for a laugh. As in, Angel is trying to say "nyer nyer nyer" in a goofy way.
                      Sin is what I feast upon
                      I'm forging my crematorium
                      Your tomb is waiting here for you
                      Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                        Ohh, Nina, thanks for reminding me of A Hole in the World!

Spike: Not this girl. Not this day.

GAG.

Fred: My boys. I walk with heroes. Think about that. [...] Superhero. And this is my power: to not let them take me. Not me.

DOUBLE-GAG.
                        Or what about;

Wesley: "I've loved you since I've known you. No, that's not-I think maybe even before."

Really, there were never so many evil cheesy lines in one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanlegend23 View Post
                          Random Vampire Girl: "What was I to you, a one bite stand?" -- Sleeper
                          LOL! They should've just left Aimee Mann to play uninterrupted.
                          I quite liked that scene in the episode actually with Spike and that vampire fighting to the music, but I agree that line is just so... bad.

Originally posted by Bloodsucker View Post
                          I thought that was supposed to be cheesy, for a laugh. As in, Angel is trying to say "nyer nyer nyer" in a goofy way.
                          I always interpreted it as Angel trying to looking tough in front of Cordelia, like he was showing off.

Anyway one that I'm surprised hasn't been submitted to the pot yet:

Wesley: I love you.
                          Fred/Illyria: I love you. My love. Oh, my love.
                          - Not Fade Away

I know it's meant to be a really heartfelt moment and I know some people are gonna disagree, but I just think that is one hell of a bad line. There's nothing wrong with Amy Acker's delivery of it, but it just seems really out of character for me, even if the character is dead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chosen:

OK, I'm cookie dough. I'm not done baking. I'm not finished becoming whoever the hell it is I'm gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing, and maybe one day I turn around and realize I'm ready. I'm cookies. And then, you know, if I want someone to eat— (eyes go wide as she catches herself) or enjoy warm, delicious cookie me, then...that's fine. That'll be then. When I'm done.

'Nuff Said.
                            Cordially,
                            Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
                            Addicted to Buffy

Comment

oh god there's so many! why can't i think of them now?!
                              i know alot of them came from early btvs, and angel... he's so cheesy.

btw, i really liked spikes "hellova woman" speech... it made me cry!
                              i didn't think it was that cheesey... heh.

oh and definately cookie dough!

x
                              "Blue in the face with a choking regret."

Comment

God the one that is the worst for me - EVER - is "Why you riding me?" - the line is bad, the delivery is bad. It's just all very, very bad.

"I'm drowning in you Summers, I'm drowning in you." That's such a close second. Especially when it comes after, "You're in my gut....my throat..." Ew!

Then, in addition to "I'm in love - with Angel!" (which was dumb for so many reasons, not the least of which was that she was having a vision which should have told her she should be trying to STOP it, but whatever...) there's this little gem:

"Kyerumption. It's when two great heroes meet on the field of battle and recognize their mutual fate. It's also a kind of grog made out of the ox dung but that's archaic."

KILL ME NOW. LMAO.

Between Fred and Gunn, the one that makes me shudder...

"Pancake kiss!"

There are so many more....have to think on this. LOL! What fun!

-Luc
                                sigpic

"If you're an Angel/Buffy fan, there's a big payoff," - Jeremy Atkins, Darkhorse

Comment

I found the cookie dough funny, to be honest. It's silly and cheesy, yes, but it's very comical in the serious situation, and Angel's reaction to it is amusing.

Matt, about that line Illyria delivers when impersonating Fred... well, it makes sense for it to be not exactly in character fro Fred, since it's Illyria pretending to be Fred for Wesley's sake... or did I get you wrong?
                                  Sin is what I feast upon
                                  I'm forging my crematorium
                                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

The absolute worst line on the show has to be "Why you riding me?". I just can not stand the line and the way it delivered. I watched when she was bad last night and it made me remember how much it bothered me lol. It doens't sound like something he would say so it was out of character.

Oh and I hate when Rona says "Ding dong, the witch is dead." It upsets me..well most of the lines that come out of Rona's mouth I hate. I think its because she thinks she's so tough lol.
                                    Oz: Hey.
                                    Oz: That girl. Who is she?
                                    Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
                                    Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Originally posted by Amuk View Post
                                      Chosen:

OK, I'm cookie dough. I'm not done baking. I'm not finished becoming whoever the hell it is I'm gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing, and maybe one day I turn around and realize I'm ready. I'm cookies. And then, you know, if I want someone to eat- (eyes go wide as she catches herself) or enjoy warm, delicious cookie me, then...that's fine. That'll be then. When I'm done.

'Nuff Said.
                                      I so have to disagree with this. Honestly, this and the recall in Angel was priceless. It fits so perfectly with Buffy's character. Silly, yes, but not cheesy. I loved the cookie dough speech.
                                      You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

The ultimate, can't be compared to anything else..

Buffy: When I kiss you, I want to die

Cookie dough speech.

"What was I , just a one bite stand? .. I cringe.

The utterly over use of the word "champion"
                                        Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
                                        TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Comment

Working...
                                        X