Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any episode(s) made you cry?

Hi all,

I just finished watching the whole series and wow, what an amazing ride it was. Years ago when it aired in the Netherlands I had already seen season 1-4, but for some reason I stopped after that. Recently I stumbled upon an old episode, decided to give it another shot and was instantly hooked. For the first time in my entire life I actually cried while watching a film/movie. There were actually two episodes that did the trick. The one in which Joyce died and then especially the scene in which Willow thought about Dawn. And besides that, the best Buffy episode imo... The Gift. I probably don't have to tell you you which scene i mean, just thinking back about it gives me goose bumps.

Anyhow, enough about me being the crybaby. Which episode(s) / scene(s) did it for you?

Ron

Originally posted by Bluffster View Post
    The one in which Joyce died and then especially the scene in which Willow thought about Dawn.
    The episode is called The Body and that's the only one that's ever made me cry. Anya's little "but I don't understand" speech is just so heartwrenching. It's like, finally she had a moment where she wasn't just the butt of the joke but very sincere and real for once. That entire episode is very tear worthy but that's the only part that really just gets to me.
    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

In "Forever" when Buffy & Dawn fall to the ground in eachothers arms, sobbing over joyce dying. That scene gets me.

Comment

That would be "The Body" for me. I cried throughout the whole first act, when Dawn fell to the ground, and Anya's mini-speech I got a little teary-eyed in "Hell's Bells", as well. Also, there was another episode where I got a little teary-eyed, but I'm forgetting what it is atm If I remember, I'll tell ya

Comment

I'll admit I got a little teary eyed in 'Passion' when Willow breaks down sobbing, and at the end when Willow comes into the classroom and takes over Jenny's class. I also got a tad teary eyed in 'Forever' when Buffy melts down, when Buffy dies in 'The Gift' and in Willow and Oz's goodbye scene in 'New Moon Rising.' But I'm a manly man and we shall speak of this no more...
          Last edited by vampmogs; 08-03-09, 12:24 PM.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I cried in "The Gift" when Buffy kills herself. Also in The "Becoming Pt.II" just after Buffy stabs Angel and you see her expression and at the end of "Chosen" but they were happy not sad tears.
            We Find. You Slay. We'll Party.

Comment

Also for me; Forever and Becoming part 2. But both were more scenes that got me teary eyed than crying. The Gift did not much for me, nor did the Body. And I'm still not sure why.

The only scene in the 'verse that really makes me cry my eyes out is the last scene in "You're Welcome", and it happens every time I watch it.
              Last edited by Nina; 11-01-09, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I never cried during BtVS. However, I did cry during AtS' A Hole in the World, Shells and Not Fade Away.

And if you haven't already (you said you just finished BtVS after stopping at 1-4), please watch Angel: the Series, which ran from 1999 to 2004.

[/broken record]
                Last edited by NileQT87; 11-01-09, 03:08 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

The Gift with everybody standing there, looking at Buffy's body and then the shot of the tombstone.

Spike's "every night I save you" in After Life.

The church scene in Beneath You. "Can we rest now? Buffy... can we rest?"
                  sigpic
                  banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

I think that is "The Body".
                    This episode is very special.
                    Th Becoming Part 2, also made me cry.

In Angel : Connor's birth, Holzt taking Connor in Quar thot, "A hole in the world", shells", "You're welcome" and 'Not fade away".
                    Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

I've never actually cried during an episode, but I must admit that there are several instances in which I have gotten quite close to it. Namely Willows breakdown in 'Passion', Anya's speech about not understanding anything in 'The Body' and of course the worst for me Buffy's death in 'The Gift' you just felt so sorry for all of the gang particularly Spike which if I remember correctly this was the only time to date we have ever actually seen him cry lol. Oh and I aint a Spuffy fan by the way
                      Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

Just the church scene in Beneath You, and just the first time I watched it, from what I can recall. I was right there with Buffy in her shock and disbelief.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Well for me it was 'The Body' because it reminded me of how I delt with the death of both my parents, and the end of 'Not Fade away'.

The almost mythic ending that was had me in tears, something that despite being a Spike fan Chosen never managed, even for a second, which was a huge shame. I so desperately wanted to feel 'connected' at that point in the shows run, but I just felt 'detached' for some reason.

Comment

I cry a lot. The Body, The Prom, The Gift, Becoming 2, Hell's Bells, Grave.... all made me cry.

And even though Willow had it coming, I cried when she broke down in the end of Wrecked.
                            Made by Trickyboxes
                            Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I cry fast... a lot of them :wink:
                              "No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after." -Lie to me

Comment

Well, I don't cry very easy, never did, but for some reason BtVS was one of the few shows that could bring tears to my eyes. So, I always cry with Anya in "The Body", always! with "The Gift" I only cried the first time I saw it, "Beneath You" makes me all teared up too, and well, "Chosen".

Comment

hey first post welcome me with open arms

but i thought becoming was the saddest, i mean that was sad I mean she had to kill Angel for god sake I'd have to say when Xander saved the world from Willow by telling her he loved her.

Comment

I'm with you there, lara. I don't cry easily from watching TV series or films but BtVS has had me teared up on quite a few occasions..
                                    • Becoming, Part II - Buffy killing Angel.
                                    • Anne - Buffy and Joyce's embrace in the final scene. Strange choice I know, but I'm pretty sure that at some point I know I've cried or at least got very close to tearing up during that scene.
                                    • Lover's Walk - Not sure I cried, but got very close to it in Charisma's hospital scene, followed by the musical montage.
                                    • Family - The final scene with Willow and Tara. It's just so sweet that it brings tears to my eyes.
                                    • The Body - Anya's scene.
                                    • Forever - The final scene with Buffy and Dawn. Not sure if I cried during it, but I've definitely come close.
                                    • The Gift - The first time I saw this episode, the stakes were just so high, it really feels like an apocalypse is about to happen more than any other season finale. That's why its quite an easy episode to cry to, because the events are so important (not to mention sad) and change the show forever - that feeling of intensity really adds to the emotion of the episode.
                                    • Tabula Rasa - "Goodbye to You"
                                    • Wrecked - Willow's breakdown.
                                    • Normal Again - When Sarah cries out "Willow!" in the basement, she's just so powerful there.
                                    • Grave - Kingman's Bluff.
                                    • Chosen - When Buffy hands the amulet over to Spike...don't know why, but that really got me emotional. The score added to it I think. I cried several times watching this just knowing it's the last episode.

Comment

i know i liked chosen, i missed taht episode that's why I bloody cried.

Comment

For some reason, this show has the ability to make me cry even when I'm not particularly in the mood to cry. I think it's because the characters seem so real, and when I watch the show it's as if I'm right there with them (then when I switch off the TV I realize I've been slightly foolish :/).

Anyway, episodes in particular---many have already been said, such as The Gift, Becoming Pt. 2, Grave, Passions, Beneath You, The Body, etc. But the episode that made me cry especially hard was Afterlife when Buffy is talking with Spike at the end. Just hearing her speak so wistfully about being at peace in what she thought might have been Heaven...and the fact that it was her friends that ripped her away from there....It was absolutely heartbreaking. When that episode ended, I didn't know what to do with myself.
                                        Love isn't brains, children! It's blood, blood screaming inside you to work its will.

Comment

Working...
                                        X