Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buffy dvd has scenes cut from original aring

buffy dvds has scenes cut from original aring angel dvds to why

Sorry, but your post needs clarification, for me anyway.

Comment

Hi there Buffyangel2020 and welcome to the fourums!

Just like Michael I could do with some clarification as to what you are referring to as I have never noticed any scenes missing. Could you perhaps give a few examples of missing scenes so that myself or more likely other members will be able to explain why!
      Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

i mean that the dvds of buffy and angel are edited

i mean that the dvds of buffy and angel are edited why?

Comment

A short Buffy/Angel scene from "Lie to Me" has inexplicably been removed

A short Buffy/Angel scene from "Lie to Me" has inexplicably been removed and Abridged conversation between Willow, Xander, and Angel in "Lie to Me." (Other lines are also conspicuously absent, perhaps these are syndicated and The beginning of the episode 21 "End of Days" is missing a few seconds of footage.

Comment

hey

hey i would like to know why it was cut

Comment

why

why isn't anyone responding to me

Comment

answer me please

Comment

Space constraints, probably, and please don't spam the forum.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

I'm sorry but the reason I haven't responded again is that I wasn't aware that scenes were cut let alone the reasons that they were cut. Sorry

But could you please wait until another member more able to answer the question is online and able to respond rather than spamming the forum.
                    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

At the "cutting board" somethings get left out due to lack of time, insignificance, and any other reason. So not every single sentence that is in the script will be on the shows. That why if you see some shows on the DVDs have "original script" on the menu..

BTW just letting you know for future reference you dont have to type in the title bar for a reply, typing only one sentence or double typing one after another is spamming and might get you in trouble on the forum. Just wanted you to know so you would know what not to do...if you have any other questions you are welcome to ask me.. and all our moderators are very friendly and will answer any question for you! Welcome to the forum see you around!

Comment

this is the stuff they cut from season 2 and 7 A short Buffy/Angel scene from "Lie to Me" has inexplicably been removed and Abridged conversation between Willow, Xander, and Angel in "Lie to Me." (Other lines are also conspicuously absent, perhaps these are syndicated and The beginning of the episode 21 "End of Days" is missing a few seconds of footage. why is this cut

Comment

please answer my question

Comment

buffyangel2020, please take heed of what people are telling you. By repeating yourself over and over (you aren't going to always get immediate responses as in a chat room), you are spamming. This is against the rules on this forum.

Some of your posts have also been off-topic.

If you want to know about cut scenes, check out:

http://web.archive.org/web/200211130...season1/01.htm (Just change the "season#/##.html" at the end to go to different episodes.)
                            http://web.archive.org/web/200212301...season1/01.htm (Ditto.)

(The following has more scripts, however the first links have an alternate earlier draft of "The Killer in Me"--one with early season 2 Angel rather than Angelus--and "Rm W/ A Vu" is strangely missing from unreliablenarrator.net, but included in the web archive links. Below also has the script for the unaired pilot--which is about twice the length of what was shot.)

http://www.unreliablenarrator.net/buffyverse.asp
                            NileQT87
                            The Dark Avenger
                            Last edited by NileQT87; 10-01-09, 09:24 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

buffyangel2020 is not talking about scenes that didn't make it on air from the script (such as Buffy asking Giles if they've ever heard of "fun" in England and him telling her that it's considered very poor form to have any), but about the changes that were made between the original airing of the episode Lie to Me, and all subsequent airings.

What happened was, the band whose song was playing as Ford and Diego had their first talk at the Sunset Club ("Never Land", by the Sisters of Mercy) objected, perhaps due to the content that it was associated with, or perhaps simply they hadn't had the song cleared properly. So it was removed for the rerun ("Reptile" by Creaming Jesus airs in its place) and while the episode was being altered, someone (presumably from the WB, to squeeze in an extra commercial or two), made a few more tweaks, cutting the Buffy/Angel "you drink non-blood things?" scenelet, and trimming Willow's semi-famous line ("Well, the dark can get pretty dark. Sometimes you need a story") in the later Sunset Club scene.

For the DVDs, apparently they went with the shorter version of the episode, since that didn't have the music-licensing problems. A pity, I would like to have had the cuts restored. The Buffy/Angel exchange was on YouTube a couple of summers ago (sadly, this was BEFORE I learned how to download clips from YT to my hard drive), but was taken down. Keep an eye out, it might show up.

I am not aware of any similar issues on episodes of Angel, and as far as End of Days, I neither know nor care. Hope this helped.

Comment

Thank you ItsAmazing - you were very kind and informative! I didn't realize the scene had been edited myself - and find the line "You drink non-blood things?" quite interesting! We never see Angel drink or eat anything other than blood. Perhaps coffee - oh and the one time he eats ice-cream on the one day he was human again.

I wish they had restored the cuts myself - it gives an interesting insight into Angel!
                                -TP<3
                                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

Yeah it's a pity they cut that line, though he does kinda imply he drinks other beverages to Joyce in 'The Prom' just not coffee because it makes him "jittery" which doesn't seem to be an issue for him in LA.. Though to be fair he seems to be a lot busier and not coped up in a mansion throughout the day.

Would have liked to see how Buffy and Angel got around to that conversation as well, unless it was part of their "coffee date."

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Thanks for that answer.
                                    What's Angel's reply to Buffy's question?
                                    Sin is what I feast upon
                                    I'm forging my crematorium
                                    Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                    Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Originally posted by buffyangel2020 View Post
                                      why isn't anyone responding to me
                                      *dishes out negative reputation points* Huzzuh!

BuffyAngel2020, like others have said this isn't a chat room. Try to use proper grammer and if you want a question answered, maybe try asking it in a way that others can understand? On some forums it might take several days for someone to respond to a post. In this thread you're just being impatient.

As for the topic I've read a couple of the original scripts from episodes that differed to the episodes that were aired... in fact I think we had a thread about it a while back... maybe try searching through the "dead threads" section.

Interesting about that YouTube clip... I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Comment

This is the scene that you were talking about (scripts are so useful and fun--but I had no idea this was in the original airing of the episode--they are in desperate need of a special edition with all the cut scenes cut for time stuffed back in):

She crosses to the bar. As she arrives the man in front turns to go, drink in hand. It's Angel.

BUFFY
                                        Oh!

ANGEL
                                        Hey. I was hoping you'd show.

BUFFY
                                        You drink? Drinks? I mean, non-blood things.

ANGEL
                                        Yeah. I eat, too. Not for nutritional
                                        value -- it just kind of passes the time.

BUFFY
                                        Oh. Who knew?

ANGEL
                                        There's a lot about me you don't know.

BUFFY
                                        I believe that.
                                        Here's the deleted clip from City Of... that was in the trailer and not the episode:

NileQT87
                                        The Dark Avenger
                                        Last edited by NileQT87; 20-01-09, 08:47 PM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                                        "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Working...
                                        X