Favourite 'Feeble Banter'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite 'Feeble Banter'

We all know there were many great fights in both Buffy and Angel, what I'm asking for here is everybodys favourite bit of trash talking/sledging during or immediately prior to a fight. Or as the Master called it 'The Feeble Banter portion of the fight.'!

My own one is one from Angel on his own show: " Looks to me like you want to fight. If you get lucky you'll last ten minutes, if you get real lucky you'll be unconscious for the last five!'

There are so many of those lines that I love, but I can't remember them all and I have no idea which one is my favourite.

The most recent one that I love and still remember, is one by Connor in the Spike mini-series. There are no real spoilers in it, so I think that it's save to post it here;

"Fan of suprises? I hear that! Me, too. With that in mind, I can only imagine how exciting the next couple of minutes is going to be for both of us."

And another one that I still remember because it's so incredible weird;

"I'm gonna tear you a new puppet hole, bitch!"
    Last edited by Nina; 07-01-09, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Nothing beats, "That'll put marzipan in your pieplate, Bingo!" (though, technically, that's post-fight quippage).
      Cordially,
      Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
      Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I love the whole Buffy/Holden segment in Conversations With Dead People. The way they mix threats in with civil conversation and psychological analysis---it's hysterical. Few of my favorites:

HOLDEN: We're gonna have to fight to the death, aren't we?
        BUFFY: It's the time-honored custom.
        HOLDEN: Wow, reality just shows up sometimes, doesn't it? But, you know, I've got the bloodlust pumping, and I kinda get it. I'm looking for a fight. And, oh, it's nothing personal.
        BUFFY: Oh, no, I mean, you've been great.

HOLDEN: I was just wondering, is it possible, even a little bit, that the reason you have trouble connecting to guys is because you think maybe they're not worth it? Maybe you think you're better than them.
        BUFFY: Say, there's that bloodlust I was looking for.

HOLDEN: Buffy, I'm here to kill you, not to judge you.
        Love isn't brains, children! It's blood, blood screaming inside you to work its will.

Comment

Originally posted by ivory_lines View Post
          I love the whole Buffy/Holden segment in Conversations With Dead People. The way they mix threats in with civil conversation and psychological analysis---it's hysterical.
          There are a bunch of good bits in that one. No surprise, really, since Joss wrote it. Another good one:
          Holden: Oh, my God!
          Buffy: Oh, your God what?
          Holden: Oh, well, you know, not my God, because I defy him and all of his works, but - Does he exist? Is there word on that, by the way?
          Buffy: Nothing solid.
          Cordially,
          Amuk

I didn't jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.
          Addicted to Buffy

Comment

I always enjoyed Buffy and Faith's jabs in their fight during 'Graduation Day' although I'm not sure if you'd call it "banter" that seems like a far too light hearted word to describe the exchange;

FAITH: Not getting tired are ya? I'm just starting to feel it

Buffy pushes back, ramming Faith into the wall. For a moment Faith looks in a combination of both pain and humiliation, Buffy grabs her by the arm and hurls her over the banister.

And;

BUFFY: What's the matter, all that killing and your afraid to die?

It was so personal and nasty, filled with such anger, it was brutal and I loved it.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Working...
            X