Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If BTVS Came Back and You Were Only Allowed 5 Main Characters Who Would They Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If BTVS Came Back and You Were Only Allowed 5 Main Characters Who Would They Be?

Say You Could Have BTVS Back On TV. Great.

But you were only allowed to choose 5 main characters from the Jossverse (BTVS and/or ATS) to be on the show.. who would you choose to be the 5 Main Characters of the Show?

** Also Choose 5 Recurring Characters from the Jossverse that you'd like to see return every so often**
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Great idea!

BtVS main cast:

Buffy
    Willow
    Xander
    Giles
    Dawn

(Simply the core-4 and Dawn, but only when they finally give Dawn a real purpose and another role than the little sister role. If they can't do that I would send her back to college and put Faith in her spot.)

Recurring characters:

Harmony (but she is also welcome in Ats)
    Clem (He is funny)
    Faith (If she can't be part of the main cast, she should visit a lot, and again she is also welcome in Ats)
    Ethan (some good background story about Giles doesn't hurt and Ethan is a great recurring character)
    Kennedy (I'm fine with her and for the sake of the best working relation in the verse right now, she should be around)

Ats main cast:

Angel
    Connor
    Spike
    Nina
    Lorne

(Right now I go with the character who are still alive and have to potential to be part of good stories. And my Ats cast is in serious need of women, but they die everytime ... it's not that I don't want them in the team.)

Recurring characters:

Groo (come on, the guy models for the covers of romance novels ... no main character material but certainly great for the guest spots)
    David Nabitt (I want to see our geeky hero again, incl purple cape)
    Anne (Interesting character who symbolizes the hard life of the real world)
    Lilah (I don't care if she is dead, she worked for W&H and she can be in the story while being dead. I want her to mock Angel.)
    Cordelia (No longer capable of being a main character but she can still be a guest sometimes.)
    Nina
    and her haircut.
    Last edited by Nina; 17-12-08, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzling View Post
      Say You Could Have BTVS Back On TV. Great.

But you were only allowed to choose 5 main characters from the Jossverse (BTVS and/or ATS) to be on the show.. who would you choose to be the 5 Main Characters of the Show?

Buffy: For obvious reasons ;] You could have a new slayer and whatever, but Buffy brings the funny wit that most of the 'potentials' or Faith and Kendra didn't bring.

Willow: She's smart, has good knowledge and her witchcraft always comes in handy.

Spike: He's a vampire, so he knows a thing or two, and helps Buffy when she goes patrolling. He knows vampires main hideouts, what their attitudes are etc...

Giles: May sound like a weird choice, but Giles kept Buffy on track. He was like the father figure for her, someone she knew she could rely on.

Tara: She used to be a more powerful witch than Willow, but she taught Willow and Buffy a lot about magic and about life. Plus I think Willow would be happy-er.

** Also Choose 5 Recurring Characters from the Jossverse that you'd like to see return every so often**
      Angel: I know he has his own spinoff and such, but it was always good when he returned because it kept Buffy on focus of the task.

Xander: He's like Buffy's second best friend ;] He's always supported her and given her that lift she needs at times.

Sorry, have to go now, I'll edit the other 3 in later.
      BUFFY - Please come back. We have a Vampire we need you to kill... His name is Edward Cullen.

*wicked_visions*

Comment

Oooh, awesome idea! I'm pretending neither comics were ever made, BTW...

BTVS Main:

Buffy
        Willow
        Xander
        Giles
        Dawn

Core four and Dawn, because it wouldn't make sense for her to just be gone. I'd like her to eventually die, would make a great story for Buffy.

BTVS Recurring:

Anya
        Amanda
        Riley
        Andrew
        Harmony

Anya is dead, I know, but maybe she could be in most episodes, haunting Xander. That would be awesome (cause I love Emma Caulfield lol). Amanda cause she was my favorite potential. Riley, because...I don't know, As You Were was just a crappy send-off for him. Andrew because with "Storyteller" witnessing Anya's death, he could still be comic relief, but also become a good dramatic character. And Harmony cause she's hilariously awesome.

ATS Main:

Angel
        Fred/Illyria
        Gunn
        Lorne
        Faith

Angel cause it's his show, Fred/Illyria cause I'd love to see an internal stuggle with Fred fighting for her life back, and eventually, returning to her full state. Also, maybe *cough* Wesley could come back. Gunn because in my mind, he never died, and Gunn is a great main character. Lorne is hilarious and awesome. He could return from wherever he decided to go in NFA. Faith is amazing with the ATS group, and I think she would fit right in.

ATS Recurring:

Lilah
        Connor
        Spike
        Anne
        Lindsey

Lilah because she could haunt the regular gang, Connor because he could fight with the gang and grow closer to his father over the series, Spike because even though I would hate to see him as a main character again, it would cool for him to be on his own. Anne cause she is always great. Lindsey because W&H could bring him back, and make him work for them again. Would be fun.

Comment

Characters

Buffy
          Willow
          Xander
          Spike
          Dawn

Buffy is an obvious reason. There is just no Buffy without Buffy!

Willow because she is the 'best friend'. You need Willow. Without Willow, the show wouldn't be the same.

Xander because he's always there. He's Xander. He's gotta be there.

Spike should come back because Spike SHOULD come back. Spuffy

Dawn because it would seem senseless to have Buffy but no Dawn. You need Dawn

Recurring Characters

Giles
          Anya
          Harmony
          Faith
          Glory

Giles. Giles is in the recurring because by the end of the show, he WAS a recurring character. There is really not much need for him to be in the show ALL the time, just every so often.

Anya. I think Anya should magically come back Or yeah, like said above, haunt Xander. Either way, it'd be great to see Anya again!

Harmony because, well, Harmony rocks!

Faith should be recurring just because I like her. And she should be in it. Just not all the time.

And Glory simply because she was the best big bad, she was gonna probably come back anyway. Somehow. She'd be pissed off at Buffy and she'd want revenge. I think that would be a fantastical storyline!!!

sigpic
          ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

BtVS main:

Buffy
            Giles
            Xander
            Willow
            Dawn

BtVS recurring:

Faith (I'd also like to see her on AtS)
            Harmony (Also welcome on AtS)
            Angel
            Spike
            Andrew (I hate him, but he has a story left regarding Buffy, Angel and Spike)
            Clem

AtS main:

Angel
            Wesley
            Spike
            Fred/Illyria
            Connor

AtS recurring:

Lorne
            Nina
            Darla
            Drusilla
            Cordelia
            Kate
            Lilah
            Holland
            David Nabbit

NEVER get rid of Wesley and Connor! Darla and Drusilla should continue making appearances--flashbacks, ghosts, resurrections and visits... I don't really care how. Drusilla still needs her follow-up story and it needs to be with Angel and Spike. Connor has plenty of stories that could be done with ghost-Darla--Inside Out left their relationship unfinished.

I hope one of the IDW writers eventually considers using Darla and Drusilla in a flashback, ghost-Darla with Connor or an arc with Drusilla.
            NileQT87
            The Dark Avenger
            Last edited by NileQT87; 17-12-08, 12:07 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
            "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

As main cast:
              Buffy
              Willow
              Kennedy
              Xander
              Giles

Recurring:
              Dawn
              Faith
              Vi
              Satsu
              Angel
              "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange..." - Willow Rosenberg, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Comment

Buffy Main Cast:

Buffy : Obviously. She is why I watched to begin with. Without her, there is isn't a show

Xander: I couldn't imagine him not being there, he's kind of that solid block in the show.

Willow: Willow is a must. She adds that element of sweetness that could tip over and get really ugly.

Anya: My dead Anya must be brought back, I'd miss her. She's just one of my favorites.

Spike: And of course Spike. He is my favorite character. I love Spuffy and Spike's Journey.

Recurring:

Giles: AH.. basically was recurring the last two seasons. I missed him but it did make me appreciate Giles more when he returned and it packed a wallop

Dawn: I love her, but between her and Anya? Grrr. Maybe she goes away to school and comes back every once and awhile.

Andrew: Funny Character, He just seems to mesh with the cast

Drusilla: Can I really leave her out? NO.

Faith: There always has to be a door open for Faith.

ATS: Main Cast:

Angel: Again without him we don't really have a show.

Wesley: I love my complex Wes.

Cordelia: Bring her back, explore her and Angel, lets see more of Cordy.

Fred/Illyria: I count them as the same because I love that storyline. I'd want to see a dual role.

Gunn: I grew to really appreciate Gunn in the final season of ATS, I think it's the group that needs to remain.

Recurring:

LORNE: Big bold letters.. truthfully he belongs with the main cast. But he can be there most of the time like he was usually on the show. He is a very fun part of the show.

Darla/Dru: To me they are basically one in the sense that they are Angel's history, the main recurring characters of his memories, they must always be allowed to show up.

Lilah: A wonderful sassy bitch who needs to come back every once and a while and stir the pot.

Connor: Angel's son, I think wth how Angel ended and Connor knowing things, the door should be left open.

Faith: I think on ATS, we see a side of her that we don't see on BTVS and she often brings a good story with her on the show.
                Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

BtVS Main:

Buffy
                  Giles
                  Xander
                  Willow
                  Oz

Recurring:

Spike
                  Faith
                  Robin Wood
                  Anya
                  Jonathan

AtS Main:

Angel
                  Wesley
                  Cordelia
                  Fred/Illyria
                  Lorne

Recurring:

Lilah
                  Lindsey
                  Gunn
                  Spike
                  Kate
                  You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Great idea for a thread!

Main cast:
                    Buffy
                    Xander
                    Willow
                    Giles
                    Faith

I don't know who I'd like to see in recurring roles. I'd also like to have Angel, Oz and Dawn as regulars but that's just wishful thinking.
                    Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

One show, only 5? Hm, tough.

Buffy
                      Angel
                      Spike
                      Willow
                      Xander

That would be a quarrel-y lot but they'd work out eventually.

Frequently recurring:

Dawn
                      Giles
                      Faith
                      Andrew
                      Illyria
                      Sin is what I feast upon
                      I'm forging my crematorium
                      Your tomb is waiting here for you
                      Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsucker View Post
                        One show, only 5? Hm, tough.

Buffy
                        Angel
                        Spike
                        Willow
                        Xander

That would be a quarrel-y lot but they'd work out eventually.

Frequently recurring:

Dawn
                        Giles
                        Faith
                        Andrew
                        Illyria

Illyria. I'd love to see what she'd do

Illyria: I'd like to keep Spike for my pet.

Comment

Buffy main:

Buffy
                          Willow
                          Giles
                          Xander
                          Angel

Returns from time to time:

Wes
                          Illyria
                          Faith
                          Spike
                          Connor

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

BtVS Main Cast:

Buffy
                            Xander
                            Willow
                            Dawn
                            Oz

BtVS Recurring:

Spike
                            Angel
                            Giles
                            Faith
                            Andrew

- - -

AtS Main Cast:

Angel
                            Spike
                            Wesley
                            Connor
                            Illyria

AtS Recurring:

Lilah
                            Lorne
                            Faith
                            Harmony

I'd love for Lindsey or Darla to make cameos from time to time, too, but... dead.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Btvs Main Characters:
                              Buffy... well, duh. It's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
                              Willow... Witch AND computer geek. It doesn't get much better.
                              Xander... He is kind of useless, but he's still Xander.
                              Giles... In season six I really missed him.
                              Dawn... Sometimes I even managed to like her during the series. And I love her in the comics.

Recurring:

Clem
                              Andrew
                              Kennedy
                              Amy
                              Faith

Ats Main Cast
                              Picking up five characters for this it's harder then picking them for Buffy....
                              Angel
                              Spike
                              Fred/ Illyria
                              Wesley As ghost Wesley, I don't care, but if there's Illyria and Fred, there has to be him
                              and Cordelia They would need a good story to bring her back, but I want her back in the gang...

Recurring
                              Harmony... Recurring a lot! I wanted to put her in the Main Cast but there wasn't any space left!
                              Lorne... I wanted to put him in the Main Cast as well
                              Gunn... As the baddy.
                              Eve... I loved her and I want her back.
                              Groo

If instead i could only choose five characters from both shows for one cross over series, they would be

Buffy
                              Willow
                              Angel
                              Illyria
                              Spike

Recurring:
                              Xander
                              Giles
                              Dawn
                              Harmony
                              Faith
                              What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Comment

Wow. That's difficult.
                                After much diliberation here are my choices:

Nathan Fillon (as any character)
                                JM (as Spike)
                                SMG (As Buffy)
                                Eliza (as Faith)
                                And Anthony
                                Head (as Giles)
                                Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
                                ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
                                - James Marsters

Comment

Well, I thought Buffy was back

Anway, the core-trio at least: Buffy, Willow and Xander. Giles should also be there. But I'd like to see both Dawn and Faith too. So, that's a though choice. With only five it would then be: Buffy, Willow, Xander, Dawn and Faith.
                                  Freq. recurring: Giles, Illyria, Oz.
                                  Koos
                                  Hellmouth Tourist
                                  Last edited by Koos; 17-12-08, 10:46 PM.

Comment

BtVS Main:

Buffy
                                    Xander
                                    Willow
                                    Andrew
                                    Dawn

Angel Main:

Angel
                                    Wes
                                    Lilah
                                    Illyria
                                    Connor

And Spike would pull a Wolverine and manage to be a reocurring on both teams.

Comment

BUFFY Main Cast
                                      Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers
                                      Nicholas Brendan as Xander Harris
                                      Alyson Hannigan as Willow Rosenberg
                                      Tom Lenk as Andrew
                                      and Anthony Stewart Head as Rupert Giles

BUFFY Recurring Characters
                                      Dawn - because she's gone off to college, so she won't be a core member of the Scoobies.
                                      Clem - Do I need a reason to have Clem back?
                                      Ethan Rayne - because he's awesome.
                                      Kennedy - because you can never have too many lesbians.

ANGEL Main Cast (sorry, had to have six)
                                      David Boreanaz as Angel
                                      James Marsters as Spike
                                      Amy Acker as Illyria
                                      Alexa Davalos as Gwen Raiden
                                      Mark Lutz as Groo
                                      and Eliza Dushku as Faith Lehane

ANGEL Recurring Characters
                                      Oz - because he was supposed to show up in Angel anyway!
                                      Lilah - so she's dead. So was Spike. And Buffy.
                                      Connor - because he's so integral to the series, not out of personal choice.
                                      Lorne - to return for a major arc, then become a series regular again! Yay!

Comment

Illyria. I'd love to see what she'd do

Illyria: I'd like to keep Spike for my pet.
                                        Why do I get that hilarious mental picture of Buffy and Illyria glaring at each other while Spike prefers to hide behind Angel for once?

No, seriously, I really wonder how Buffy and Illyria would work out on the same show.
                                        Sin is what I feast upon
                                        I'm forging my crematorium
                                        Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                        Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Working...
                                        X