Joss Wrote This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joss Wrote This

Joss as Executive Producer occasionally stepped in and re-wrote scenes throughout BtVS that he wasn't credited for. Some commentaries revealed that Joss' pen was the culprit at times. So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed other moments where Joss' invisible pen was involved in writing the series.

1. Beneath You - the end scene where Spike reveals he has a soul.
    2. "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it" from Pangs. (Thanks Sue)
    3. Hell's Bells - the meeting between Buffy/Spike was originally unpleasant, but was re-written by Joss to be more fond and sympathetic. (Again, thanks Sue )
    Last edited by Emmie; 14-12-08, 11:25 PM.
    sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Do you want scenes that Joss wrote, or also scenes that Joss conceived? If it's just scenes that Joss wrote... off the top of my head, the Othello and Buffy-Jonathan scenes in Earshot, the yellow crayon speech in Grave, the Buffy-Holden scenes in Conversations with Dead People, various scenes in Lover's Walk (he didn't say which, only that he was proud of the work), Caleb's first appearance in Dirty Girls, and possibly the Spike-Cecily scene in Fool for Love. If you want sources (as in, quotage), just ask.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Thanks, Enisy. That's awesome. Were all those mentioned in commentaries perhaps?

Othello scene from Earshot?
      Last edited by Emmie; 14-12-08, 11:59 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

They were all mentioned in commentaries, apart from the Lover's Walk ones and the Fool for Love one, which I know from these quotes:

Joss Whedon: I wrote much of Lover's Walk, I say because I was proud of the work...

James Marsters: I wanted so much for the audience to hook into him because really, when Joss was writing stuff like, "I know I'm a bad writer, but I'm a good man", that's Joss. So I wanted to be true to that...

Othello scene from Earshot, yeah. Where they were discussing Shakespeare in class and Buffy read the teacher's mind re: Othello and Iago?

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

Thanks enisy! Ok, here's the list I've compiled so far:

1. Beneath You - the end scene where Spike reveals he has a soul.
          2. "I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it" from Pangs.
          3. Hell's Bells - the meeting between Buffy/Spike was originally unpleasant, but was re-written by Joss to be more fond and sympathetic.
          4. The bell tower scene and the classroom discussion of Othello in Earshot.
          5. Buffy and Holden scenes in Conversations with Dead People.
          6. Drew Goddard mentioned that Joss wrote a lot of Dirty Girls, specifically Caleb's introduction (perhaps other scenes).
          7. The yellow crayon speech in Grave.
          8. Most scenes in Lover's Walk - he didn't say which, only that he was proud of the work.
          9. Most of Halloween (Carl Ellsworth has said as much).
          10. The monologues in Passion.
          11. The final scene between Angel and Cordelia in You're Welcome (yes, technically AtS but still...).
          12. Scenes in Fool for Love - for example, "I know I'm a bad writer, but I'm a good man."
          Last edited by Emmie; 15-12-08, 01:08 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I know Joss stepped in and wrote the song Anya sings in "Selfless" during the OMWF flashback.

Comment

I just posted this in another thread;

But also the scene between Lilah and Cordelia in 'Billy' (Bell/Minear episode) is written by Joss. (It's said in the commentaries)

Comment

Working...
              X