Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Have Been Your Most Favorite Romantic Moments Ever On BTVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Have Been Your Most Favorite Romantic Moments Ever On BTVS?

First off I want to say that I just compiled a list of those moments that popped into my head and I tried to even it out with (I think) most of the pairings on the show. So if anything is left out, please don't feel offended. I know pairings can be a touchy subject.

VOTE for your Most Favorite Romantic moment, if it's not on the poll, select other and specify what your favorite romantic moment on the show is?

--

Then List 7 MORE of your most favorite Romantic Moments Ever on BTVS in the thread.
    Angel and Buffy Making Love in 'Surprise'
    2.50%
    Xander Giving Cordelia the Necklace in 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered'
    0.00%
    Spike's Speech to Buffy in 'Touched'
    20.00%
    Riley and Buffy's First Kiss in 'Hush'
    2.50%
    Willow and Tara Floating- Dance Together in 'Family'
    7.50%
    Oz and Willow Sleep Together for the First Time 'Graduation Day'
    0.00%
    Xander Proposes to Anya in 'The Gift'
    0.00%
    Buffy and Spike Kiss in 'Once More with Feeling'
    0.00%
    Angel and Buffy Dancing in 'The Prom'
    27.50%
    Buffy and Riley Making Love in 'Where the Wild Things Are?'
    0.00%
    Willow and Oz Deciding to Date in 'Phases' Even Though Oz in a Werewolf
    2.50%
    Buffy and Angel Together in Amends
    5.00%
    Tara and Willow Together in 'Once More With Feeling' (Song & Making Love)
    2.50%
    Xander and Anya Voice their Feelings in 'Primeval'
    0.00%
    Spike and Buffy's Last Night Together and Final Goodbye in 'Chosen'
    25.00%
    Xander Tells Hurt Willow He Loves Her in 'Becoming'
    0.00%
    Jenny and Giles Get together in 'Ted'
    0.00%
    Cordy and Xander Kissing Passionately in 'What's My Line?'
    0.00%
    Spike and Dru in 'What's My Line? Where Spike is Trying to Save Dru
    0.00%
    Other (Explain)
    5.00%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

I voted for Spike and Buffy's last night together and final goodbye in Chosen, but my favourite romantic moments are generally less obvious than the ones listed -- like Spike handling Buffy so carefully in After Life, or Oz telling Willow about his "freeze-frame" fantasy.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

For me it would be Xanders speech to Anya in season 5 (forgotten the title, the one where Riley leaves) and when Spike first sets eyes on the newly resurrected Buffy at the top of the stairs in season 6.

The way he looked at her in such an adoring manner broke my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
        I voted for Spike and Buffy's last night together and final goodbye in Chosen, but my favourite romantic moments are generally less obvious than the ones listed -- like Spike handling Buffy so carefully in After Life, or Oz telling Willow about his "freeze-frame" fantasy.
        See I wanted to put small moments up like that, but then I got tangled up in the "Would the general consenus concider that romantic?"

Like there were sex scenes, just out and out sex scenes I thought of adding, but then I thought hmm romantic?

And while I think Spike in Afterlife is one of the most romantic moments both in his crypt and when he sees her for the first.

I didn't want anyone to say, well what's romantic about that..
        So I went with the more obvious romantic moments.

Everyone's killing me because I wanted to add Afterlife. Waaa.

But that's also why I made the list, because I wanted people to pick 7 more specific romantic scenes they loved that weren't listed.
        Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
          For me it would be Xanders speech to Anya in season 5 (forgotten the title, the one where Riley leaves) and when Spike first sets eyes on the newly resurrected Buffy at the top of the stairs in season 6.

The way he looked at her in such an adoring manner broke my heart.

It was "Into the Woods"

And I also put that one up there too.
          But I wanted to make it even with some Cordy/Xander moments.

Comment

definately at the end of Chosen when Buffy says too Spike "I Love You" and he goes "No you don't, but thanks for saying it"
            It was definately the most romantic bt but there were like loads more lol

Comment

I think that I will go with Oz giving Willow the witch pez. I don't know why but that's for me romantic. Second would be Xander's speech to Anya in Into the Woods and third is Angel and Buffy in the ice rink.

Comment

I chose Spike's speech to Buffy in touched For me that was one of the most touching/romantic things that they ever feautured on the show. I think that when he said why he felt the way he did to her, she finally got it through her head how much he really loved her. That he didn't just love her because of how they beat each other down. That he cared for her because she was the first person to actually make him feel real love, and that she is her own person and that she can take care of herself. But this isn't my favorite romantic moment.

I love the moment between Buffy and Spike when they are in the hell mouth and she tells him that she loves him. I like how they have Spike say "No you don't, but thanks for saying it." It was set up with absolute perfection

An honorable mention would be on Ats. At the very end of "I Will Remember You" when Angel is holding Buffy. It always makes me cry when I see it, and she keeps saying that its not enough time and she will never forget. It's a very unforgetable moment. I think that its amazing that Angel gave up his humanity to save humanity. Also, so that Buffy would sacrifice herself for him because he wouldn't be able to defend himself anymore.
                Last edited by bradyml57; 14-12-08, 02:05 AM.
                Oz: Hey.
                Oz: That girl. Who is she?
                Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
                Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Oh and 'Becoming Part II' when Angel gets his soul back. That was one of the most powerful moments ever. It seriously blew me away. The acting was amazing. This scene also makes me cry I don't know if it counts as romantic..but I thought that I would add it on here

Comment

OKay lol, I promise that this is the last moment I will add

In 'OMWF' when ever Spike and buffy sing to each other, I think its super romantic ! I love love love when they sing to each other in the alley way then they start kissing

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzling View Post
                      Then List 7 MORE of your most favorite Romantic Moments Ever on BTVS in the thread. [/b]

In no particular order....

Spike and Buffy: SOMETHING BLUE. Getting engaged, Spike and Buffy smiling while they're telling people.

Willow and Kennedy: TOUCHED. The music, the kite and kitestring...

Willow and Tara: TABULA RASA. When even though they've lost their memories, they still realise they have some sort of feelings for each other.

Spike and Dru: PASSION. A weird one i must admit, but it showed her love for him even though he tried to act tough...
                      Dru: "I brought something for you. <Carrying a dog> Poor thing, she's lonesome. Her owner died... without a fight. Do you like her? I brought her specially for you to cheer you up, and I named her Sunshine."

Johnathon and Every Girl: SUPERSTAR. Not so much romantic, but all those girls throwing themselves at him put a smile on my dial. It was good to see him being happy for once in his life.

Xander and Anya: OMWF. Even though they had many differences they still found why they loved each other and why they were meant to be together.

Spike and Buffy/Buffybot: I know it sounds weird, but Spike loved Buffy THAT much he got Warren to make him a Buffybot so that he can be with the girl he loves.
                      Last edited by underworld_slayer; 14-12-08, 04:05 AM. Reason: fat fingers
                      BUFFY - Please come back. We have a Vampire we need you to kill... His name is Edward Cullen.

*wicked_visions*

Comment

I voted Spike's speech to Buffy in Touched

"100 plus years and theres only one thing I've ever been sure of.. you.
                        Hey listen to me, I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you its not because I want you or because I can't have, I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength . I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly who you are. You're a hell of a woman. Your the one Buffy."

1. Afterlife: Spike seeing Buffy Alive for the First Time/His Speech To Her.

Him Seeing her, he was just amazed, he was just losing himself in the sight of her. And to see that he was actually counting the days since her death.. thats how much he loved her.

Later in his crypt:

" Look I know what I said, the promise to protect her, if I'd of done that, even if I hadn't of made it, you wouldn't have had to jump, but I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted of course but after that.. ever night after that. I see it all again, I do something different, something faster more clever you know, lots of times, lots of different ways... everynight I save you."

2. Spike/Buffy: Once More With Feeling (Spike saving Buffy from burning/their kiss)

"Life isn't bliss, it's only just this.. you have to go on living, so one of us is living"

---
                        The music swelling and the passionate kiss.

3. Oz/Willow: Oz talking about how he imagines kissing Willow in 'Innocence'
                        "Freeze frame.. Willow Kissage." Willow had been so preoccupied with her unrequited thing for Xander, suddenly in that scene you could tell as he talked, she just fell for Oz, Bam.

4. Spike/Buffy: Chosen, Holding Eachother/Final Goodbyes:

Buffy wanting to spend what could be her last nights on earth in Spike's arms, the final fight, Buffy sees Spike in the beam of light runs to him and even though he tells her to go, she grasps his hand and it catches fire. They look at eachother with such awe and Buffy tells him with tears in her eyes" I love you" and he says "No you don't but thanks for saying it"

5. Hush: Xander SHOWS Anya how much he cares for her:

Xander thinks Spike has killed Anya in Hush and starts to beat the hell out of him and then he realizes Anya is okay and kisses her. Showing Anya it's more then sex, he does care about her

6. Buffy/Spike: Intervention: Buffy kisses Spike, while pretending to be the Buffybot:

Buffy pretending to be the Buffybot kisses Spike, Spike realizes it is Buffy, and just looks at her in amazement. She thanks him and says she'll never forget what he did for her and Dawn.

"No you can't ever, Glory never finds out about this... cause Buffy the other not so pleasant Buffy. If anythin happen to Dawn it would destroy her, couldn't live her being in that much pain, I'd let Glory kill me first, nearly bloody did."

7. Xander/Cordy: Xander gives Cordy the Necklace, she breaks up with him, he asks for it back and you see that she's been wearing it.

For some reason, that part killed me. That Cordy who was so self absorbed and broke up with him to please her friends.. she kept his necklace. And then when he asked for it back, you see that she still really wanted to be with him , missed him.. cared about him.. so much so that she was wearing his locket.
                        I've always been more of a Xander/Anya fan.. but I loved that scene.

-----------

Not a Bangel fan.. I really don't like them, but I will add on and say that out of everything I Liked "The Prom".. that he showed up for her, even after they broke up. It was bittersweet, but you could tell they were going to cherish it while they could
                        Last edited by Dazzling; 14-12-08, 06:05 AM.

Comment

"Can you just be kissing me now" - Willow/Tara. I don't always like them as a couple (Tara's too wet, Willow's too mean to her) but that moment is both sweet and hot.

Spike seeing Buffy alive for the first time.

(This is a little sick but...) Giles finding Jenny dead in his bed. Proper operatic liebstod action.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
                            (This is a little sick but...) Giles finding Jenny dead in his bed. Proper operatic liebstod action.
                            Not sick. I was thinking about putting that down, even in the poll, instead of Jenny/Giles getting together in "Ted" cause for me, it was in Passions when you saw how much Giles loved Jenny. And in a dark tragic way it was deeply heartbreakingly romantic to know that she was gone and Giles, this stuffy guy who never showed that much feeling or anger, was willing to kill and die because of the loss of her.

I kind of regret making a poll now because truthfully I wanted to put things like this up there, but I was uncertain that some would say "What the hell is so romantic about that?"

Like with "Afterlife" and Spike seeing Buffy. ect..
                            But I am glad I added in that others should just choose some more extras that they thought were also romantic.

Comment

I put 'other' because I was thinking about the Smashed scene.....but I guess it wasn't really as 'romantic' as it was just down-right lusty, but......*shrugs*

I think the most 'romantic' would be the moment that I always go 'awwww' at, and that would be in After Life when Spike realizes that it's really Buffy coming down the stairs, and he holds her hands and tells her how long she's been gone.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Enisy View Post
                                I agree Enisy - my favorite romantic moment is when Spike tells Buffy that night after night in his dreams he saved her.
                                -TP<3
                                "At that point I'd love a fight and a heart to heart and then of course naughtiness and happy ever after."
                                - Dorian's Kitten re: Spuffy Reunion

Spuffy Videos!

Comment

I picked Amends - still in love after all that happened ("I killed you, and it didn't help").
                                  Sin is what I feast upon
                                  I'm forging my crematorium
                                  Your tomb is waiting here for you
                                  Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Spike?s speech in "Touched" is so beautiful, so touching. It really shows how far they?ve come, the trust he has and how he accepts her completely.

2. Angel and Buffy dancing in "The Prom". Very close second. Buffy has the perfect moment and then, Angel shows up. I always cry!

3. Willow and Tara floating in "Family"

4. Willow and Tara in "Once more with Feeling"

5. Willow and Oz after they made love in "Graduation day pt1"

6. Oz?s "freeze frame analogy" in "Innocence"

7. Buffy and Spike?s last night in "Chosen"

And I have more, many more....

Comment

Willow and Tara dancing in Family

This scene always makes me melt. It's so beautiful it actually brings tears to my eyes. This episode has a real soft spot with me.

Comment

Great thread!
                                        okay so I picked The Prom scene with Angel and Buffy, even thinking about it right now gives me goosebumps. For more of my thoughts on that please see Bangel couple thread

Okay 7 more right?
                                        -Oz's Willow Kissage speech, oh how I love Oz.

-Spike beat up and bloody in Intervention but tells the "Buffybot" I'd let Glory kill me first and then Buffy kisses him and he realizes it's the real Buffy. Just...fabulous.

-Angel and Buffy at the ice rink, and she kisses him while he is vamp faced.

-Spike seeing Buffy at the top of the stairs, realizing she is alive and then later he gives her the "every night I save you" speech

-Riley hugging Buffy and then kissing her in Hush, I just found it incredibly sweet

-Call me crazy but Cordelia finding out that the spell that Xander had cast was for her, the look on her face even as they are about to be pummeled by crazed women was just so cute and so Cordelia and Xander.

-Uh, don't know how to narrow it down but how Willow is constantly there for Tara after Glory does her mind suckage thingy. Just watching her take care of her and be so loving and protective was beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                        X