Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Character Return Did You Enjoy The Most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Character Return Did You Enjoy The Most?

Which Character Return Did You Enjoy the Most?

Name some of your runner ups.
    Angel in Beauty and the Beasts
    5.08%
    Giles in Bring on the Night
    3.39%
    Amy in Smashed
    0.00%
    Faith in This Year's Girl
    18.64%
    The Mayor in Touched
    0.00%
    Spike in Lover's Walk
    15.25%
    Oz in New Moon Rising
    8.47%
    Angel in Forever
    6.78%
    Johnathan in Superstar
    1.69%
    Joyce in Normal Again
    0.00%
    Spike in Harsh Light of Day
    0.00%
    Dru in Crushed
    3.39%
    Faith in Dirty Girls
    11.86%
    Riley in As You Were
    0.00%
    Ethan Rayne in New Man
    0.00%
    Jenny in Amends
    0.00%
    Angel in Chosen
    6.78%
    Dru in Fool For Love
    1.69%
    The Master/Dru/Mayor/Adam/Glory/Warren.. Lessons
    11.86%
    Other (Explain)
    5.08%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

1. Faith - "This Years Girl" it was great too see her all lost and confused after waking up from her coma. I then loved her second return in "Dirty Girls" cause Faith is just fun and her and Buffy in season 7 had some great scenes together. I wish we would have gotten a bit more.

2. Anya - "The Harsh Light of Day" a character I didn't really think we'd ever see again after her depature in season 3, but I am really glad Joss took a chance on her cause yeah... We got like 4 AMAZING Anya years! Plus she was adorable when she was all "Xander = Sex"

3. Giles - "Bring on the Night" only because you never saw it coming. When he poped up I was like... "SAY WHAAA???"
    Last edited by DigitalLeonardo; 13-12-08, 08:28 AM.

Comment

To be honest, I don't really have favourite returns. I went with the big bads in 'Lessons' because I love that scene.

Comment

I'm similar in that I don't have any real faves but I loved Oz return. When he said 'Hey', your heart just melts

Comment

I'd have to say 'other'= Giles in the last ep of season six. It was like, you didn't realise how much was missing until he appeared in the doorway, and suddenly the hole had been filled.

Comment

I'd have to say Oz in New Moon Rising.

Oz wasn't my favourite characters throughout buffy, but I felt for him when he found out that Willow wasn't IN love with him anymore. It broke my heart to see him upset, that the love of his life-- the reason why he came back to Sunnydale-- has moved on. He proved that he would do anything to 'cure' the wolf in him, and he did.

On the plus side though, I loved Willow and Tara's realtionship >:]
            BUFFY - Please come back. We have a Vampire we need you to kill... His name is Edward Cullen.

*wicked_visions*

Comment

Going with Oz, pretty much always.
              You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

Faith in This Year's Girl/Who Are You?

Runner up: Spike in Lover's Walk

Just amazing episodes and they had been gone a long time. Fun characters who you didn't know what they would do next and it was exciting to see them again.
                Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

I voted for Spike in Lover's Walk, he is one of my favourites, and if I'm not mistaken this was the only episode with him in Season 3. Besides, there were no news from him for a long

Comment

Definintely when the First is impersonating all the Big Bads of every season in reverse order.
                    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Definitely when the First is impersonating the Big Bads of each season in reverse order. That was such a great scene. I've heard people say that it should have been Angelus instead of Dru, but I think Dru was the right call by the writers on so many different levels that I won't explain here for fear of thread hijacking.
                      "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by hawkedup View Post
                        Definitely when the First is impersonating the Big Bads of each season in reverse order. That was such a great scene. I've heard people say that it should have been Angelus instead of Dru, but I think Dru was the right call by the writers on so many different levels that I won't explain here for fear of thread hijacking.

I think it was perfectly okay to use Dru. She was one of the big bads in season 2. So I didn't feel like it was out of place or anything. They made the statement and used all the appropriate characters needed and it was an awesome shot.
                        I think that's probably why Lessons is one of my most favorite season openers for that scene alone.

That said, they couldn't get David for the episode, if I remember correctly. BTVS was on UPN, ATS was on the WB. There was all this contract stuff. It only got worked out when BTVS was ending, and they made this agreement to have Willow come over for one episode of ATS and Angel come back for the season finale. But before they couldn't bring him on, so that's why they went with Dru, I'm almost positive thats why it played out that way.

Comment

Now much as I adore Spikey, I have to say Giles's dramatic reappearance with the line "I'd like to test that theory" does it for me every time.

I was lucky enough to see that episode at a Buffy con, and the audience went bonkers when he appeared. You should have heard the cheers!

Memorable stuff.

Comment

Angel in Forever. I'm a hopeless romantic, it seems.

Story-wise, I was glad for Spike returning in The Harsh Light of Day and then staying, because I really like the character, but moment-wise, it must have been Forever.
                            Sin is what I feast upon
                            I'm forging my crematorium
                            Your tomb is waiting here for you
                            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Impossible question, dude - so many goodies to choose from.

I voted for Dru in Crush - although it's not one of my favourite ever episodes, I think her role in it is brilliant. When she and Spike walk through the Bronze, it's one of the best entrances in BtVS, imo. Also, her little speech to Spike about being "so lost" at the end, very insightful.

But I also loved Ethan's return in A New Man and Faith in This Year's Girl. Mind you, it's not so much her return in that episode as the events of the next episode that I love. But I suppose that counts as her return.

Ethan's shiny shirts, though, how I'd missed them.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

God and how I miss Ethan, let alone his shirts. Another reason to dislike the comics as far as I'm concerned. What a waste...*shakes fist at Joss*

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                                  I'd have to say 'other'= Giles in the last ep of season six. It was like, you didn't realise how much was missing until he appeared in the doorway, and suddenly the hole had been filled.
                                  Ah! Yes, that's totally the one I should have voted 'Other' for. I said Faith in This Year's Girl, but really it was Giles' return in Two to Go. I totally wasn't expecting him and he had such a badass entrance. I squeeeeeeee'd with joy when Giles returned in that moment because he was sorely missed for the latter half of that season.
                                  Last edited by Emmie; 15-12-08, 04:16 PM.
                                  sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Emmie View Post
                                    Ah! Yes, that's totally the one I should have voted 'Other' for. I said Faith in This Year's Girl, but really it was Giles' return in Two to Go. I totally wasn't expecting him and he had such a badass entrance. I squeeeeeeee'd with joy when Giles returned in that moment because he was sorely missed for the latter half of that season.
                                    Oh yes, "I'd like to test that theory" - hottest use of academic imagery ever? It also came as a complete surprise, while fitting perfectly with what was going on.

There's something incredibly sad to me in the fact that Willow wanted to fight Giles more than Buffy though. It seemed a (twisted) testament to the fact that their friendship had grown distant. Along the lines of Dru not even caring enough to stake spike when she dumped him in season 3.

Though I guess it was mostly about wanting to prove she's not a rank arrogant amateur, and proving that the pupil's surpassed the master - since Buffy was never about magic herself.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

For me it was Angel showing up in Forever. I was so happy and surprised. I had wondered if he was going to be mentioned or not but to see her stand all those hours and then all the sudden he was right there beside her, it was beautiful.

It was great for Buffy, she needed his support and it was a great Bangel moment. Plus anytime Angel is involved I seem to be a very happy girl.

As much as I loved Oz, his return broke my heart and a part of me has never recovered. I really loved Oz.

So I would have to say all the badies in Lessons was fabulous, and appearances by Faith always make me happy so there are some of my runners up.
                                      Last edited by Boltmaiden; 15-12-08, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I have to say

Faith: "Dirty Girls"

To me it was just so unexpected and I just loved her entrance in the episode. Her first line was awesome too. I also loved how all the potentials adapted to Faith. She was also a breath of fresh air and it was just awesome to see her again.
                                        East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

Working...
                                        X