Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was Your Favorite Plot Twist On BTVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was Your Favorite Plot Twist On BTVS?

What Was Your Favorite Plot Twist on BTVS?

You know, the moment in the story that made you go, wow, I didn't see that coming 'cool'.

If You can't settle on just one.. list a few runner ups in the thread.

Angel Loses His Soul After Buffy and Angel Make Love
    38.00%
    Buffy Having to Send Newly Re-Souled Angel to Hell
    6.00%
    There is More then one Slayer in Town.. Enter Faith
    2.00%
    Faith Betrays Buffy, And Teams Up With the Mayor
    4.00%
    Angel Breaks Up With Buffy (Angel Gets his own show)
    0.00%
    Spike Get's A Chip in His Head.. He Can No Longer Hurt Humans
    0.00%
    Oz Cheats on Willow, They Break Up and He Leaves Town
    0.00%
    Faith and Buffy Switch Bodies
    0.00%
    Buffy Suddenly Has a Sister.. Dawn. She's a Key and a HellGod is After Her
    14.00%
    Spike Realizes He Loves Buffy
    6.00%
    Joyce Dies
    6.00%
    Buffy Sacrifes Her Life For Dawn
    6.00%
    Willow Becomes Addicted to Magic
    0.00%
    Spike and Buffy Start a Dark Sexual Relationship
    4.00%
    Tara's Death Leads to Willow Wanting to Destroy the World
    2.00%
    Spike Fights and Regains his Soul
    8.00%
    The First is Out to End the Slayer Line
    0.00%
    Buffy is "OverThrown" By the Potencials and The Scoobies in 'Empty Places'
    2.00%
    The Final Fight, The Hellmouth is Destroyed
    0.00%
    Other (Explain)
    2.00%
    Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen
    TV Guide: Spike and Buffy #1 Hottest Scene- March 2008

Easy, for me Angelus was the biggest shock in the history of tv.
    Last edited by Nina; 11-12-08, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Spike getting his soul.

Spikes "What can I say baby, I've always been bad" only for the camera to cut to William writing his poetry. I remember at the time shouting at the screen. "Oh what?!!" when that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sueworld View Post
        Spike getting his soul.

Spikes "What can I say baby, I've always been bad" only for the camera to cut to William writing his poetry. I remember at the time shouting at the screen. "Oh what?!!" when that happened.

I always wished that there had been an episode where Buffy went back in time and saw who Spike really was before he was a vampire.

Something tells me Spike didn't tell Buffy he was a love lorn poetry writer at the Bronze that night

So if she ever did travel back, I'd love to see her get a good glance at who he really was and underneath the comedy of it, maybe it would give her some more insight into who Spike really is and has always been.
        Joss Whedon: What I basically said was 'Play the romance. Be proud of him. Love him when you say you love him.. - Spike and Buffy in Chosen

Comment

Something tells me Spike didn't tell Buffy he was a love lorn poetry writer at the Bronze that night
          Oh of course he didn't, that was the point. Spikes always been about hiding behind a mask, and when you as an audience get to see William you realise why. It opened up a whole new angle on the Spikes character, (and apparently his fan mail shot through the roof after that episode aired ) but in the context of that scene that would be the last thing that Spike would want to let slip in front of her right about then.

A great, great episode on so many levels.
          Last edited by sueworld; 11-12-08, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I voted for Angel losing his soul, because it very much sets the tone for the whole show, in a way, and also unleashes the one villain I find most impressive. True, Glory or the First possess more powers and can unleash entire armies, but what is so impressive about Angelus is his cunning, and that he is a protagonist character's absolute perversion definitely adds to it. He is painful to Buffy in a way a lot more personal than other antagonists and hurts her most.
            Sin is what I feast upon
            I'm forging my crematorium
            Your tomb is waiting here for you
            Welcome to my ritual

-Judas Priest, Death

Comment

Oh lordy, how could I have forgotten about poor old Angel! Yes, the whole soul loosing arc was wonderful, and it set the ball rolling for the shows seeming message of 'sex is bad' (which has to be said in a Mr Garrisons voice from South Park of course ) which the show seemed to keep banging home to us throughout the following seasons.

Comment

I have to go with "Buffy Has a Sister!" because it was the most twisty of all the twists. There obvious foreshadowing to Angel turning evil. Of course Dawn was foreshadowed, too, when in Restless Buffy and Tara are talking and Tara says something along the lines of, "Be back before Dawn." But, going into Buffy vs Dracula with no knowledge of what's coming and Buffy has a sister... It's like. Whothewhaaa??? Love it.
                "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I went with the Dawn plot-twist, too. "You're not my sister." Brrr. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

(set made by Francy for me)

Comment

It was between Dawn's sudden appearance, Angel going evil and the (rather more minor but still awesome in its twistiness) revelation that Spike used to be a massive geek.

I went for Dawn in the end, because it was so bold and surprising.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

I chose Other. I'd have to say my favorite plot twist is Holly Charleston and Michelle Blake winning the title of homecoming queen in Homecoming.
                      And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

Comment

I went for Dawn because it completely changed the terms of the show, it was so well planned, and at the same time it mocked the heck out of all those soap opera type plot twist where long lost brothers and evil twins are always turning up...as well as badly plotted TV, which is full of continuity holes and sisters who disappeared or reappeared to 'boarding school' or something...

It's also the plot twist that I was the most drawn into. I needed to know what the heck was going on! I watched btvs on dvd and I watched season five in less than a week, I was so drawn in.
                        sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Now that I see this list, I realized that there are actually a lot of great plot twists. I went with Angel losing his soul. It set a great arc in the season. No one knew how evil and manipulitive our little Angel could be. He's a joy to watch as Angelus

My second favorite plot twist would have had to be Dawn coming into the picture. She was so unexpected. I remember seeing the episode for the first time. I was so little haha, anyways I remember Buffy walking into her room and seeing Dawn in there and saying "what are you doing in here?" Then Joyce saying "Buffy, if you are going to the movies, why don't you take your sister?" I was like wait a sec did I miss something? I had to see the next episode to understand what was going on lol. Maybe that was even more of a surprise than Angel going bad, but I enjoyed that one more
                          Oz: Hey.
                          Oz: That girl. Who is she?
                          Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
                          Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

Comment

Definitely Angelus' arrival. That plot twist made me fall in love with the writing style that is Buffy.
                            You've got to get behind the mule in the morning and plow.

www.myspace.com/brettknickerbocker

Comment

I can't lie. I voted Spike realizing he was in love with Buffy

The pair always interested me and Out of my Mind I was completely unspoiled so I didn't know it was a dream, to see that episode and then Fool For Love and realize that Spike really did love Buffy all this time, it kind of put the pieces together for me. It was the most shocking and most rewarding plot twist for me.

Angel being Angelus definitly was something that in the early Days nothing compared to it for me.

I also have to add, Dawn's arrival and Empty Places.. STUNNED.
                              Last edited by Dazzling; 12-12-08, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Angelus twist. What an amazing twist, they did an amazing arc with a perfect, brilliant resolution. This was a twist that changed the characters forever, especially Buffy.

Comment

Spike getting his soul back is on top of the list for me, in second "Buffy has a sister?" and third Angel loosing his soul.

Comment

Good thread idea!

I voted for Angel loosing his soul...just awesome.

The next one actually isn't on the list or at least not exactly. For some reason my first time watching the show and even knowing the Slayer situation on how another is called when a Slayer dies, since Buffy had been only "briefly" dead it never occured to me that there would be a second slayer. So when Kendra arrives I totally assumed she was just another baddie for Buffy to deal with and then she introduces herself as the Vampire Slayer I was completely shocked.

Am I all alone with that one? I am infamous for not taking hints

Dawn was spoiled for me so no real surprise there, but Spike getting his soul back did get a gasp from me the first time around, did not see it coming.

Also the student body surprised me twice, first when they honored Buffy at the Prom and secondly when they all pulled out weapons and helped fight on Graduation Day. Great stuff!

Edit: Opps how could I forget when Joyce dies, damn Joss I was expecting it earlier on then he lets her get better and then bam, there she is lifeless on the couch...thanks for spinning me for a loop once again Joss
                                    Last edited by Boltmaiden; 12-12-08, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ooh, Kendra's arrival is a good one to point out - I was totally taken by surprise there as well. Especially since I watched so late, so I knew that Faith existed, but had no idea who this Kendra was...kind of similar to my experience with dawn...knew the actress was on the show, knew there was some major plot twist, but was still totally shocked at the way they did it and kept needing to know more.
                                      sigpic

http://buffysmom.wordpress.com/

Comment

>>>Faith Betrays Buffy, And Teams Up With the Mayor <<<

It wasn't so much a plot twist for me, but it was one of those things you saw coming, but you never put 2 and 2 together and you were shocked when it happened.
                                        BUFFY - Please come back. We have a Vampire we need you to kill... His name is Edward Cullen.

*wicked_visions*

Comment

Working...
                                        X