Is it just me or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or...

Was the whole killing Angel thing at the end of season 2 of Buffy completely unnessecary ?

I know that it was for thrill and drama of the show, but he really didn't have to be stabbed in the gut.

They said that Angel's blood was the key right? So if that was all that was needed to open up stone guy then why couldn't they just use his blood to close it ?

Lol if I'm wrong or am forgetting something please tell me
    Oz: Hey.
    Oz: That girl. Who is she?
    Devon: She's an exchange student. I think she's from South America.
    Oz: No, not her. The Eskimo!

No you're right. There was never stated how much blood was needed to close the portal but since Angel is a vampire he can lose lots of blood because he can't die. I guess that a little cut in his finger would be a gigantic anticlimax and wouldn't work as a story.
    Last edited by Nina; 06-12-08, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Totally correct observation, I've already had the same thoughts. But you know, they are not so smart To kill the person you love is much heroical, tragic, selfless, blah-blah-bla...then just put away the drop of blood from his finger

Comment

Haha thats what I thought. I guess it wouldn't have been a very good ending if it had ended with him just cutting his finger. When the portal started to open behind him i started to cry lol. Thank you for the help guys

Comment

The stab didn't kill him; he was sucked into Acothla's hell dimension. The stab actually could not have killed him, because swords--decent ones anyway--are made of metal. Vampires have to be stabbed with wood in order for it to be effective. His death was accidental, although if Willow was unable to restore his soul Buffy did intend to kill Angel. In her defense he was homicidal at the time.

Comment

Oh yeah ! I forgot that wood could only kill vampires. I guess I should have known when he didn't go poof lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Aureola View Post
              Totally correct observation, I've already had the same thoughts. But you know, they are not so smart To kill the person you love is much heroical, tragic, selfless, blah-blah-bla...then just put away the drop of blood from his finger
              Actually, she didn't kill him - she sent Angel to hell. And actually, stabbing him was sort of helpful for him, for it sent him there with a weapon, which probobly helped keep him alive.
              Every Slayer has a death wish. Even you.
              ?I think it?s the title of the show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It?s like a line in the sand. And unless you appreciate irony and are somewhat sophisticated you?re not going to watch that show.?
              - James Marsters

Comment

Angelus has a line that where he says "my blood; my life". It takes more than just a finger prick or a few gallons to close Acathla. The person will literally be sucked in. It's more of a sacrifice than any amount of blood. Angel's [un]life is taken into the hell dimension.
                Last edited by NileQT87; 07-12-08, 03:47 AM.

"If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                "Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh and cruel. But that's why there's us. Champions."

Comment

Working...
                X