Animated web series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated web series

I hope I can post this here and won't get another angry pm or locked thread but I thought I saw somthing about an animated buffy series online. Did I? Or am just dreaming? Thanks

I am pretty sure there is no web series for Animated Buffy. There has been these rumours for YEARS and it always pops up on forums or more currently wikipedia without any actualy back up to support it.

DarkHorseComics use to have webcomics on their website, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. And I know there has been mini-fan cartoon-ish episodes out there, but not sure if any of them are still around.

I think an online animated series would be really fun. In the style of Gotham Girls it was pretty popular and I totally think a Buffy one would be interesting (placed in season 1-3).

Comment

As DigitalLeonardo said, there's no Buffy animated web series. However, There are plans to make a Buffy online game.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Grey View Post
        As DigitalLeonardo said, there's no Buffy animated web series. However, There are plans to make a Buffy online game.
        Hmm, I am still torn on this online game. Yes it is cool to have Buffy, but I always find the graphics in these Buffy games to be lackluster. I still think a Mortal Kombat styled Buffy game would be ALOT more interesting, plus think of ALL the different characters they could pick from. It would be way fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalLeonardo View Post
          Hmm, I am still torn on this online game. Yes it is cool to have Buffy, but I always find the graphics in these Buffy games to be lackluster. I still think a Mortal Kombat styled Buffy game would be ALOT more interesting, plus think of ALL the different characters they could pick from. It would be way fun!
          actually, I thought that Chaos Bleeds has really nice graphics... But my standards aren't really big when it comes to Buffy games.

a Mortal Kombat will be super fun... Like with Dark Willow or just willow would be nice... *drooling* .

But think about it. almost 6 years after the show has ended, they are releasing a Buffy multiplayer online game. How cool is that?

Comment

actually, I thought that Chaos Bleeds has really nice graphics... But my standards aren't really big when it comes to Buffy games.

a Mortal Kombat will be super fun... Like with Dark Willow or just willow would be nice... *drooling* .

But think about it. almost 6 years after the show has ended, they are releasing a Buffy multiplayer online game. How cool is that?
            That is true, as long as it SOMEWHAT looks like Buffy I guess they are happy

Yes! Dark Willow vs White Witch Willow! HOW EPIC WOULD THAT BE!!! I would love to fight Buffy vs Faith, or Faith vs Kendra

Well I hear they are doing a new Alias game as well, which must mean people are still craving from these fandoms. And with shows like Buffy and Alias you can play this games at ANYTIME in the series just between episodes which just makes for some great little side stories (like Choas Bleeds I thought was just so original and I loved it!)

Comment

I have not heard anything of this development. Information please?

I heard about a game for the DS, but an online game? If this is true then I plan to ditch my friends, quit my job and spend the rest of my life playing this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
                I have not heard anything of this development. Information please?

I heard about a game for the DS, but an online game? If this is true then I plan to ditch my friends, quit my job and spend the rest of my life playing this game.
                I think the two games will be the same game just for different platforms, but the online one will introduce more levels and such that wont be on the DS. Orr that is what I assume, kind of like the Alias game for Xbox.

Comment

v.i.r.

20th Century Fox and The Multiverse Network announced today that they are working on a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Massively Multiplayer Online game. Jon Landau, Academy Award-winner for visual effects and Advisor to Multiverse made the announcement in his keynote speech at the Virtual Worlds Conference and Expo in Los Angeles.

The game will be unique to the growing glut of MMOs in having two modes- a 2D flash, web-based version, and a fully 3D world with a dedicated client. The game will be hosted inside Multiverse’s “Multiverse Places,” which sounds a bit like PlayStation Home, hosting a virtual world with access to multiple games.

While little was said about the gameplay or story, the Executive Producer of Multiverse, Corey Bridges, mentioned “when the Buffy team finished the television series, they created the perfect launching point for an MMOG where everyone will feel like they’re an important character in the ongoing story.” This seems to imply that there may be some overlap in story between the upcoming game and the current Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 comic book series, featuring hundreds of activated Slayers acting as a paramilitary unit.

The game’s push into development includes a beta later this year and unfortunate news for fans of another Joss Whedon property. Fox is delaying further development and release of the announced-in-2006 MMO, Firefly. Originally set to be released in 2008, the game has yet to have any major presence; no screenshots, trailers, or betas have hit the scene, and now it seems none will until the Buffy game is completed.

The Buffy announcement is the latest in a series of licensed MMOs hitting the virtual scene. Sony’s Star Wars MMO was received with lackluster reviews and little fan support, but they’re trying again with DC Online. Cryptic Studios is working on MMOs based on both the Champions and Star Trek universes. All these games are of course seeking a piece of the massive World of Warcraft pie. The nearly four-year-old game surpassed 10 million active subscribers in January 2008, and thanks to a much-anticipated expansion pack coming later this year, shows no signs of stopping its mammoth growth.

Comment

found this two
                    Welcome to Buffy Mud, a text based online game set in the world of Buffy the vampire slayer! Play as a vampire, a demon, a half-demon, or a human and assume a wide variety of roles in this roleplay enforced mud.

To play download, and unzip this file

Then run the program GMUD32.EXE, click the button on the top left that looks like a power socket(Connect) and press connect in the next window. Now follow the text prompts on the game, starting with pressing y then enter for wanting colour and then selecting a name for your character.

In Buffy Mud you can...

Build and mod your own weapons, creating a unique arsenal to employ in the fight between good and evil.
                    Learn dozens of martial arts styles, the better to kick ass with.
                    Change the terrain around you. Shatter glass and tear through walls as you terrorize the streets of Sunnydale. If someone gets in your way, smash them into the sidewalk.
                    Utilize dozens of demon powers, including wings, horns, and claws that grow in power.
                    Shop. Upgrade your cell phone to send text messages and broadcast on a radio frequency, or buy clothes and then dye and personalize them at the tailor's.
                    Harness dark magics to attack your opponent, create whips of flame, fly on invisible wings, and turn your friends into rats.
                    And more...

Comment

Theimmortal does the link work? Have you tried the game yourself? Sorry i dont download stuff unless im sure of something, im a scaredy cat when it comes to my computer. I loved the first buffy video better than chaos bleeds, but i did like the fact that in choas bleeds you got to play different people, AND you unlocked cool voice overs as you went through levels. (chaos bleeds the book was kind of a bore IMO) But an online game??? That sounds awesome! I didnt even mind the graphics in the first two games because i felt like it was the charm that is buffy, that low budget feel.

Comment

IT IS NOT THE GAME. It's just some fan developed text game.

The online Buffy game is not out yet.

Comment

IT IS NOT THE GAME. It's just some fan developed text game.

The online Buffy game is not out yet.
                          Do you know when it will be out? Or anything about it?

Comment

It's just some fan developed text game.
                            Doesn't mean it's no good. alot of good fan stuff floating around. alot of fans of alot of talent.

Comment

Is some information about the MMO game. I dunno how I feel about this game, it will be hard to make a MMO Buffy game... It will just seem kind of weird. I mean wouldn't there be like 1000 people playing AS Buffy? Or a bunch of fan characters... I dunno - Buffy just doesn't seem like it will lend itself to MMO.

And just a bit more on the DS game I am excited about this, cause YEAH! Buffy on the road. I still would love a LegoBuffy styled game alot more.

Comment

You can find a presentation of Buffy's cartoon on youtube, just search for buffy animated series or Buffy cartoon... But it's only five minutes and the project was cancelled.
                                What? You?ve taught a psycho killer demon how to be human by making him watch Sex and the City?

1.02 Never been kissed OUT NOW/ 1.03 Damned by the bell COMING SOON

Comment

There is an huge board of ressurecting the animated series at Slayalive: http://www.slayaliveforums.proboards...i?board=rebuff , With even a petition.
                                  Sorry, I don't speak English.

Comment

Found the web animated series. it is based on the comics.

Comment

I believe it is the oposite. J Loeb is writing the comic based in what he intended to do with the cartoon.
                                      Sorry, I don't speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by jj.bsb View Post
                                        I believe it is the oposite. J Loeb is writing the comic based in what he intended to do with the cartoon.
                                        There is actually a series of animated webepisodes online through DarkHorseComics that is simply the comic just slightly animated with sound. There is no voices or such...

Comment

Working...
                                        X